Author Topic: Acceptable TRT doses  (Read 60389 times)

Christo

• Getbig III
Re: Acceptable TRT doses
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2019, 03:47:48 AM »
My biggest doubts about TRT is the time during.

What's the impact  to the body after being on TRT, for example 10 years?

There are no reviews of long term use TRT described?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2019, 05:49:39 AM »
My doctor writes me for Test CYP (consistently) and Clomiphene (as needed).

This is 100mg every 5 days:  Ol’ Block at Chicago ComicCon.

I don’t bother dieting. Nor do I do cardio. I like being gnarly.

- Block!

You can tell.

Muscles but fat.

30-40% bodyfat.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2019, 08:28:19 PM »
 :'(

- Block!
?

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2019, 09:52:58 PM »
My biggest doubts about TRT is the time during.

What's the impact  to the body after being on TRT, for example 10 years?

There are no reviews of long term use TRT described?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5583373/

CONCLUSIONS
A large body of evidence has documented that sexual symptoms are the most specific correlates of T deficiency. TTh is able to improve all aspects of sexual function independent of the pathogenetic origin of the disease supporting the scientific demonstration that the so-called LOH does exist according to an “ex-juvantibus” criterion. Although the presence of metabolic derangements could mitigate the efficacy of TTh on ED, the positive effect of TTh on body composition and insulin sensitivity might counterbalance the lower efficacy. CV safety concerns related to TTh are essentially based on a limited number of observational and randomized controlled trials which present important methodological flaws. When HG is properly diagnosed and TTh correctly performed no CV and prostate risk have been documented.

Although this abstract is looking at late onset hypogonadism (LOH) it also uses 70 references to include CV and prostate risk.

In the end it's about use vs abuse. Work with your dr, have regular bloodwork, monitor your BP and stay within range.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2019, 11:45:29 PM »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5583373/

CONCLUSIONS
A large body of evidence has documented that sexual symptoms are the most specific correlates of T deficiency. TTh is able to improve all aspects of sexual function independent of the pathogenetic origin of the disease supporting the scientific demonstration that the so-called LOH does exist according to an “ex-juvantibus” criterion. Although the presence of metabolic derangements could mitigate the efficacy of TTh on ED, the positive effect of TTh on body composition and insulin sensitivity might counterbalance the lower efficacy. CV safety concerns related to TTh are essentially based on a limited number of observational and randomized controlled trials which present important methodological flaws. When HG is properly diagnosed and TTh correctly performed no CV and prostate risk have been documented.

Although this abstract is looking at late onset hypogonadism (LOH) it also uses 70 references to include CV and prostate risk.

In the end it's about use vs abuse. Work with your dr, have regular bloodwork, monitor your BP and stay within range.

This is exactly right. I've been on TRT for more than ten years, always under the care and advice of my urologist who requires regular blood work, thank goodness. It was because of routine PSA testing that prostate cancer was detected while it was in the beginning stages 1 or 2 and totally encapsulated within the prostate. I've been in remission ever since the prostatectomy which was done more than 5 years ago. PSA remains undetectable.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2019, 07:53:56 AM »
The youtuber 'How to Beast' has been on 200 mg TRT for 3 months and the difference in size and strength is really noticeable.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2019, 01:13:49 PM »
The youtuber 'How to Beast' has been on 200 mg TRT for 3 months and the difference in size and strength is really noticeable.

200 is a cycle for me. Considering 100 gets me over 1200ng's.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2019, 05:51:53 AM »
200 is a cycle for me. Considering 100 gets me over 1200ng's.
  Dang you must be really sensitive.  Good for you for getting a lot from a little. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »
  Dang you must be really sensitive.  Good for you for getting a lot from a little. 

The youtuber 'More Plates More Dates' says he uses 125 mg as TRT split between three injections a week.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2019, 05:38:15 AM »
The youtuber 'More Plates More Dates' says he uses 125 mg as TRT split between three injections a week.
125 total?  I inject every 5 days, I don't look forward to it much.  3 pins a week seems like a lot of pinning, lol. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2019, 02:47:32 PM »
125 total?  I inject every 5 days, I don't look forward to it much.  3 pins a week seems like a lot of pinning, lol. 

I inject every Monday morning. The process doesn't bother me. Using a 22 gauge syringe helps ease the plunge into my upper thigh, alternating left or right each week. Filling the syringe is sometimes a little difficult. Warming the testosterone cypionate a little helps lower the viscosity.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2019, 04:10:31 PM »
I inject every Monday morning. The process doesn't bother me. Using a 22 gauge syringe helps ease the plunge into my upper thigh, alternating left or right each week. Filling the syringe is sometimes a little difficult. Warming the testosterone cypionate a little helps lower the viscosity.

Are you nuts? I use 25g or slin pins. 22g is a fucking harpoon.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2019, 03:57:57 AM »
Is HCG mandatory for TRT? Or does it cause more estrogen problems?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »

Test cyp is thick. How are you able to fill a 25 gauge? Or do you use a "harpoon" to fill the syringe and a fine needle to pump it out? I used to fill the syringe with a 19 gauge and a 23 gauge to shoot it. Anyway, I'm a tough old bird. The 22 gauge doesn't bother me at all.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2019, 05:21:57 AM »
Test cyp is thick. How are you able to fill a 25 gauge? Or do you use a "harpoon" to fill the syringe and a fine needle to pump it out? I used to fill the syringe with a 19 gauge and a 23 gauge to shoot it. Anyway, I'm a tough old bird. The 22 gauge doesn't bother me at all.
I pull with 23g and if using 25g to inject I just switch the needle. If I'm injecting with a slin pin I pull with 23g and back fill into the insulin syringe. Sometimes I run the barrel under hot water but it really doesn't make a huge difference. Shoot my tris with 29g and quads with 25g. You are a bad mf popping 22g into your quads.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2019, 06:05:20 AM »
nah 22g is thin.  Pretty painless.  I pull with 19, push with 22. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
nah 22g is thin.  Pretty painless.  I pull with 19, push with 22. 

What's thin and what's not is likely a matter of how you feel about injecting in the first place. Needles have never bothered me. I injected into my upper thigh this morning with the 22g and it was fine. One tiny spot of blood at the site is all. Sometimes there's not even that.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2019, 03:34:15 PM »
Is HCG mandatory for TRT? Or does it cause more estrogen problems?

Not unless one is looking to preserve fertility over time.

testiFy

• Getbig II
  • Anti-State
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2019, 11:10:47 PM »
The only way to tell is by getting blood work. I suggest starting at 250 and going from there. In my opinion it does not hurt to keep your test levels slightly elevated as long as other values are not terribly affected.

I run 250-300mg per week for a cruise.

Christo

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
This is exactly right. I've been on TRT for more than ten years, always under the care and advice of my urologist who requires regular blood work, thank goodness. It was because of routine PSA testing that prostate cancer was detected while it was in the beginning stages 1 or 2 and totally encapsulated within the prostate. I've been in remission ever since the prostatectomy which was done more than 5 years ago. PSA remains undetectable.

And now you are still on TRT?
Ah sorry, i did not read above posts. Yes you are..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »
And now you are still on TRT?
Ah sorry, i did not read above posts. Yes you are..

Yes I am. And I hope to be on it for as long as it continues to make me feel healthier, both physically and mentally. TRT gets a bad name because of those folks who self dose and abuse it, making themselves sick.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2019, 06:21:33 AM »
The only way to tell is by getting blood work. I suggest starting at 250 and going from there. In my opinion it does not hurt to keep your test levels slightly elevated as long as other values are not terribly affected.

I run 250-300mg per week for a cruise.

250 would be a cycle though. Isn't TRT in the range from 100 to 200 at the high end?

As mentioned earlier a Youtuber has been using 200 mg over 3 months and the differences are huge and very noticeable in how much more he can lift and how much more he has increased lean mass.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »
For me, 250 is a cycle. We are all different though. Very few people need 250 for trt. I'm using 90 now with solid results.

Christo

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2020, 08:15:28 AM »
Yes I am. And I hope to be on it for as long as it continues to make me feel healthier, both physically and mentally. TRT gets a bad name because of those folks who self dose and abuse it, making themselves sick.

Did you check you're prostate before starting TRT?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2020, 04:17:18 PM »
Did you check you're prostate before starting TRT?

It's pretty hard to accurately check one's own prostate gland. ;D But yes, I submitted to regular prostate exams from early adulthood on because I had a tendency to get prostatitis. Sometime during my middle age (30 something), my doctor prescribed Proscar because my prostate was enlarged. While I don't regret being on TRT, I wish I'd refused Proscar. It kills one's libido and contrary to what the doctor claimed, it didn't regrow hair on my bald head.