Author Topic: Acceptable TRT doses  (Read 60072 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: Acceptable TRT doses
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2019, 01:15:13 PM »
Tried 200mg a week of TRT cyp.  Put my levels way too high.  Total test was 1500+ and free test was 50+.  Trying 150 mg a week and retesting it.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2019, 11:15:57 PM »
Tried 200mg a week of TRT cyp.  Put my levels way too high.  Total test was 1500+ and free test was 50+.  Trying 150 mg a week and retesting it.

100 works great for me.  Curious to see where 150 puts you.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2019, 08:57:02 AM »
100 works great for me.  Curious to see where 150 puts you.
Doing blood again in 2 weeks.  I'll post the results.  Before TRT my total test was 1005 which is really high for a 36 year old but free was only 12.  I have super high SHBG which binds up all my test.  Hopped on TRT and feel and look a lot better.

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
Masteron will lower SHBG

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2019, 02:03:41 PM »
AIs are the best way to manage E2 during steroid cycles and may minimize the development of gyno. SERMs are the best way to prevent/treat gyno during steroid cycles but will do nothing to manage E2 levels.

The key is understanding the pharmacology of an AI vs a SERM and this link has a good analogy.  In your case you were dealing with a spike so best to go after the gyno symptom directly vs hitting your E2 hard again which could cause yet another spike.

https://roidvisor.com/best-drug-prevent-treat-gyno-answer-may-surprise-you/

100% factual!

Even with E2 in check, you can still develop gyno.... heavy abuse of Tren is a perfect example of progesteron induced gyno which cant be stopped with an AI like Arimidex.
Ive found Nolvadex to help out tremendously when things start to flare up... only caveat is that Nolva can kill strength and size gains if used for too long, but thats easy to mitigate and a much better issue to have than glandular growth under the nippies

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »
100% factual!

Even with E2 in check, you can still develop gyno.... heavy abuse of Tren is a perfect example of progesteron induced gyno which cant be stopped with an AI like Arimidex.
Ive found Nolvadex to help out tremendously when things start to flare up... only caveat is that Nolva can kill strength and size gains if used for too long, but thats easy to mitigate and a much better issue to have than glandular growth under the nippies
Good info!!

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 08:03:17 AM »
Did my blood work again.  I'm on 150 mg of test every week now.  I break it up into two shots a week.  Monday morning and Thursday afternoon.  I had my blood drawn Thursday morning.  Total test was again 1500+ and free test was 38.6+.  So i didn't get an exact reading on either. My estradiol sensitivity was 22.6. I was taking .25 mg of arimidex twice a week.  When I did blood work the first time, i was on .50mg of arimidex twice a week and my estradioal was 13.3.  I stopped taking Arimidex all together last week. I feel like I don't need it.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »
Did my blood work again.  I'm on 150 mg of test every week now.  I break it up into two shots a week.  Monday morning and Thursday afternoon.  I had my blood drawn Thursday morning.  Total test was again 1500+ and free test was 38.6+.  So i didn't get an exact reading on either. My estradiol sensitivity was 22.6. I was taking .25 mg of arimidex twice a week.  When I did blood work the first time, i was on .50mg of arimidex twice a week and my estradioal was 13.3.  I stopped taking Arimidex all together last week. I feel like I don't need it.

Were you looking to lower your total test level? Often it takes up to three weeks or more after lowering the dose for it to show in bloods.

With a two to three day peak on test cyp you may have still been peaking when you did the bloodwork.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 07:20:09 PM »
So I researched and it seems 200mg a week is upper standard dose.

But what are the acceptable doses? I feel that if he tries offerin under 100mg I will just turn it down.

What should I accept? Is 100 okay or must I demand 200mg?

And if he does and you turn it down, where are you then? 0mg!

The dosage should be based on where your test levels are at.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »
This TRT business is all just people wanting to get swole.

Only a very small % of men actually need TRT.

For those taking massive doses, you are right. However, testosterone also helps maintain lean muscle mass as opposed to geting fat. This is generally considered a healthy thing. The problem is most doctors are not well versed on this. -Best to see an endrochronologist. Currently, many doctors go by outdated charts which reduce testosterone levels as men age and maintain that this is the norm. If I remember correctly, for my age anything above 200 for total test is considered normal. This allows for a huge drop from the optimal 800 to 1,000 for young men. It is also normal to get old, weak, sick and evetually die. I, for one, am not ready to stop living meaning I want to be as healthy and vital as possible up until the day I die. What is wrong with that?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »
My script is 200mg's per week.  I don't need it.  100 has me over 1200 the next day and still over 700 on the 7th day.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2019, 08:22:28 PM »
My script is 200mg's per week.  I don't need it.  100 has me over 1200 the next day and still over 700 on the 7th day.

Is your Primary or Endo scripting you 200mg?  You're smart to cut it to 100mg.

200mg is high for replacement.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2019, 09:04:02 PM »
Is your Primary or Endo scripting you 200mg?  You're smart to cut it to 100mg.

200mg is high for replacement.

Primary.  Started at a trt clinic and once my primary saw my good labs, he was comfortable taking over.  He's almost 70 and has been my doc for over 40 years.  He delivered my brother and is more like a good friend/family member.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
Primary.  Started at a trt clinic and once my primary saw my good labs, he was comfortable taking over.  He's almost 70 and has been my doc for over 40 years.  He delivered my brother and is more like a good friend/family member.

Is it West Ward test in 200mg vials? 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2019, 09:28:20 PM »
Is it West Ward test in 200mg vials? 

Wells Pharmacy 200mg test cypionate 10ml bottles

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2019, 05:17:50 AM »
Were you looking to lower your total test level? Often it takes up to three weeks or more after lowering the dose for it to show in bloods.

With a two to three day peak on test cyp you may have still been peaking when you did the bloodwork.
I waited about 2.5 weeks before I re-tested.  I'm looking to be around 1000-1200 total test.  When you do think I should schedule blood work to get a more accurate number?  I shoot Monday morning and Thursday afternoon.  I was thinking testing Thursday morning before my shot would be the best, but maybe i'm wrong.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2019, 08:38:29 AM »
I waited about 2.5 weeks before I re-tested.  I'm looking to be around 1000-1200 total test.  When you do think I should schedule blood work to get a more accurate number?  I shoot Monday morning and Thursday afternoon.  I was thinking testing Thursday morning before my shot would be the best, but maybe i'm wrong.

That's a good time with split dosing.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2019, 06:39:41 AM »
got my blood work back.  42 year old, healthy. 190lbs.   Was on 250/wk Test Cyp for a year.  Test around 1300.  All levels OK, except but as I expected, estrogen numbers were high at 50.  Small amount of gyno, bad sex drive, for sides.   Is there anything else to combat this besides taking more Anastrozole?  I thought Nolva didn't help estrogen levels per se. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2019, 10:02:09 AM »

According to my doctor, a morning reading is more accurate since test levels fall throughout the day. I split the difference and have my blood draw done midday.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
got my blood work back.  42 year old, healthy. 190lbs.   Was on 250/wk Test Cyp for a year.  Test around 1300.  All levels OK, except but as I expected, estrogen numbers were high at 50.  Small amount of gyno, bad sex drive, for sides.   Is there anything else to combat this besides taking more Anastrozole?  I thought Nolva didn't help estrogen levels per se. 

Is that 250 pharm grade? At 250 bayer amps or Galenica I was close to 3k. E2 was up but in line based on total test and no gyno symptoms. Is your 250 trt because that's a high dose for that.

This still holds true for you.

AIs are the best way to manage E2 during steroid cycles and may minimize the development of gyno. SERMs (nolva) are the best way to prevent/treat gyno during steroid cycles but will do nothing to manage E2 levels.

The key is understanding the pharmacology of an AI vs a SERM and this link has a good analogy. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2019, 03:59:21 AM »
For those taking massive doses, you are right. However, testosterone also helps maintain lean muscle mass as opposed to geting fat. This is generally considered a healthy thing. The problem is most doctors are not well versed on this. -Best to see an endrochronologist. Currently, many doctors go by outdated charts which reduce testosterone levels as men age and maintain that this is the norm. If I remember correctly, for my age anything above 200 for total test is considered normal. This allows for a huge drop from the optimal 800 to 1,000 for young men. It is also normal to get old, weak, sick and evetually die. I, for one, am not ready to stop living meaning I want to be as healthy and vital as possible up until the day I die. What is wrong with that?

Prime,

You are the class of individuals for whom TRT is appropriate.  You are 70+ years old.

I'm referring to 30-40 year olds who are on TRT.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2019, 05:42:10 AM »
Is that 250 pharm grade? At 250 bayer amps or Galenica I was close to 3k. E2 was up but in line based on total test and no gyno symptoms. Is your 250 trt because that's a high dose for that.

This still holds true for you.

AIs are the best way to manage E2 during steroid cycles and may minimize the development of gyno. SERMs (nolva) are the best way to prevent/treat gyno during steroid cycles but will do nothing to manage E2 levels.

The key is understanding the pharmacology of an AI vs a SERM and this link has a good analogy. 

The Cypionate was underground stuff, not pharma. However even when I was at the male clinic 2 years ago and on pharma grade Cyp my estrogen was always high, even though they did have me on oral Arimidex.  I'm just prone to high estrogen conversion, which sucks.  I appreciate the feedback and link!   

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2019, 09:29:26 AM »
The Cypionate was underground stuff, not pharma. However even when I was at the male clinic 2 years ago and on pharma grade Cyp my estrogen was always high, even though they did have me on oral Arimidex.  I'm just prone to high estrogen conversion, which sucks.  I appreciate the feedback and link!  

Try four day split. That way there is less test to aromatize to estradiol (E2) at its peak. Also make sure they are testing e2 vs total estrogen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »
Prime,

You are the class of individuals for whom TRT is appropriate.  You are 70+ years old.

I'm referring to 30-40 year olds who are on TRT.

Which is probably why my doctor doesn't have a problem prescribing it. I take comfort in the fact that not only does he monitor my test levels  he also is on top of my PSA, and hematocrit.

Did I ever mention that were it not for being on TRT, there's a strong possibility the prostate cancer wouldn't have been caught in the earliest of stages. I joined a prostate cancer group following the prostatectomy. The guy running the group and I were the only two men not dying from the disease. Interestingly enough, he also had a prostatectomy. Most of the other fellows chose radiation and/or chemo. In their cases, the cancer had metastasized because it was discovered later on.

Christo

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2019, 04:30:28 AM »
What is your humble opinion about TRT in relation with Haematocriet and Prostate enlargement (cancer)

Is is safe or not?