Author Topic: And to think the left made fun of her..  (Read 12256 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
And to think the left made fun of her..
« on: February 28, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
During the 2008 presidential campaign, Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin warned that if Senator Barack Obama were elected president, his "indecision" and "moral equivalence" may encourage Russia's Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine.

Palin said then:

After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next.

For those comments, she was mocked by the high-brow Foreign Policy magazine and its editor Blake Hounshell, who now is one of the editors of Politico magazine.

In light of recent events in Ukraine and concerns that Russia is getting its troops ready to cross the border into the neighboring nation, nobody seems to be laughing at or dismissing those comments now.

Hounshell wrote then that Palin's comments were "strange" and "this is an extremely far-fetched scenario."

"And given how Russia has been able to unsettle Ukraine's pro-Western government without firing a shot, I don't see why violence would be necessary to bring Kiev to heel," Hounshell dismissively wrote.

Palin made her remarks on the stump after Obama's running mate Joe Biden warned Obama supporters to "gird  your loins" if Obama is elected because international leaders may test or try to take advantage of him.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/28/Flashback-Palin-Mocked-in-2008-for-Warning-Putin-May-Invade-Ukraine-if-Obama-Elected-President

alabama ftw

Re: And to think the left made fun of her..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:49:16 PM »
Which newspaper did she read?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »
she predicted something six years ago, and was mocked by some lib. 

Somehow she's "vindicated"?   

Hey, the football game score will be 21-17.   Mock me now.  I'm not gonna say WHEN we'll see this score, but when we do, I'm gonna laugh at all of you that mocked me when I said we'd see a 21-17 football game. 

Epic attempt by this news site to try to keep Palin relevant when she's essentially retired.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:11:56 PM »

Hey, the football game score will be 21-17.   Mock me now.  I'm not gonna say WHEN we'll see this score, but when we do, I'm gonna laugh at all of you that mocked me when I said we'd see a 21-17 football game. 

Epic attempt by this news site to try to keep Palin relevant when she's essentially retired.

She's been right on a hell of a lot more than that.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 06:06:28 AM »
lol palin,the gift that keeps giving

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »
She's been right on a hell of a lot more than that.

She's a pundit.  Her job is to frequently make predictions and guesses and "call for" things.  

I can list a dozen things she got wrong.  I can list a dozen things she "called for" that never happened.  I can go on and on about how "the person who knows more about energy than anyone else in the country" was duped into believing man caused climate change.  

But she's a pundit.  Her job is to make predictions and guesses all day long.  you can't hate on a pundit cause he/she is wrong - they HAVE to make predictions all the time.  It's what pundits do.  It's what politicians do too.  It's like the NFL hosts making predicitons on the games.  nobody mocks them when they get it wrong.  But nobody feels the need to throw them a parade when they get the pick correct.

The fact that someone has to write an article - to gloat because something Palin said 6 years ago ended up being accurate - is pretty sad by itself.  Ted Cruz gets shit right every day.  I don't see a need to gloat in 2020 because he was right this year - I hope in 2020 he's gearing up for re-election to the White House, and we dont have to go back 6 years to give him props for something.

Ugh, I don't know why repubs feel the need to continually tie themselves to palin.  There are FAR better repubs out there which represent the party in a better light.  To brag because "hey, she got one right!"... I dunno... I guess that's why a half-wit illegal kenyan like Obama was able to win the white house twice... as long as repubs tie their cart to palin, and ignore actual conservatives like ron paul, bachman, etc, we'll keep on seeing Dems win white houses and Repubs win predictions from 6 years ago.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally

She hasn't missed about her Obama predictions yet. Pretty sure Romney hasn't either.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 07:45:47 PM »
She hasn't missed about her Obama predictions yet. Pretty sure Romney hasn't either.

All of them?

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM »

your metaphor is soo flawed. she called it, deal with it. no need to point out your mistakes.
sept 10th APF

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 08:57:14 PM »
Sorry, Putin wasn't the one emboldened in this situation, ...but he appears to be taking care of business,
...just like President Lincoln did when a bunch of European Central bankers decided to fuel dissent, and finance rebellion in the Southern States back in the late 1800s.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »
your metaphor is soo flawed. she called it, deal with it. no need to point out your mistakes.

She didn't call shit! Puleaze! If she's such a damned oracle, why didn't she see the uprising in the Ukraine?
She only had to look outside her back porch.  ::)  ::)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:44 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
Palin is a silent whistle for idiots.  This thread proves it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »
All of them?

Ok, MAYBE not all of them. Safer to say she was 95% correct. Lurker or 240 can't except it because they voted for Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
Ok, MAYBE not all of them. Safer to say she was 95% correct. Lurker or 240 can't except it because they voted for Obama.

“Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I’m usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as ‘an extremely far-fetched scenario’ by the ‘high-brow’ Foreign Policy magazine,” she wrote. “Here’s what this ‘stupid’ ‘insipid woman’ predicted back in 2008.”

She's beyond annoying, beyond obnoxious.  I can't even begin to think of the words for just how badly she has hurt the GOP. 

Nine days before Mccain chose Palin, he held a FIVE POINT LEAD NATIONALLY OVER OBAMA.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/20/us-usa-poll-politics-idUSN1927197620080820

I guess I just see her still taking airtime from repubs that can actually win the white house.  All this does is re-energize some people with "oh man, she is so annoying" and remind moderate voters that yes, that annoying "told ya so" person is a republican.   

But hey, we can ask President Mccain about Palin's awesomeness. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 10:33:42 PM »
“Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I’m usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as ‘an extremely far-fetched scenario’ by the ‘high-brow’ Foreign Policy magazine,” she wrote. “Here’s what this ‘stupid’ ‘insipid woman’ predicted back in 2008.”

She's beyond annoying, beyond obnoxious.  I can't even begin to think of the words for just how badly she has hurt the GOP. 

Nine days before Mccain chose Palin, he held a FIVE POINT LEAD NATIONALLY OVER OBAMA.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/20/us-usa-poll-politics-idUSN1927197620080820

I guess I just see her still taking airtime from repubs that can actually win the white house.  All this does is re-energize some people with "oh man, she is so annoying" and remind moderate voters that yes, that annoying "told ya so" person is a republican.   

But hey, we can ask President Mccain about Palin's awesomeness. 

Proven to be bullshit and of course the liberal media takes shit out of context or just blatantly lies. Get over it 240, the entire left are worthless, couldn't tell or admit the truth if they're lives depended on it with the exception of a few.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/28/Flashback-Palin-Mocked-in-2008-for-Warning-Putin-May-Invade-Ukraine-if-Obama-Elected-President

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/chomsky-palin-was-right-about-obamas-hopey-changey-gimmick/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/07/31/howard-dean-admits-sarah-palin-was-right-on-death-panels-80721

We'll start there.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 05:22:14 AM »

Did you not watch the video? she is below average intelligence, she didn't even know what the fucking bush doctrine was, can't name a single fucking newspaper, thought Paul Revere was riding through the streets ringing bells and having a good time. She is an idiot who is told what to say and you are an idiot who is told what to believe. Look at the couric interview, ahaah healthcare, haha it's about job creation, shoring up the economy, healthcare reform to help shore up the economy. Does that make any modicum of sense? She was told to say shore up the economy.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 05:30:59 AM »

It's not flawed you retard, she gets most of her predictions wrong, hence chance dictates that she may be corrrect. So while you are taking this one precidtion that is true (meaning 100% accuracy) you are avoiding all the other )0% she has dropped.

The prediction isn\t even clear, it's a fucking quasi statement.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 05:33:54 AM »
lol palin,the gift that keeps giving

When she is walking with couric and starts to makes shit up and after failing to name a single newspaper she goes on to defend the notion that Alaska isn't a foreign country as if that's what was implied. She is so full of shit. I am against the brigde, I am for it, I hate lobbyist, oh ya I hired one, why? Cus I am far away (aka thinks the phone and internet do not exist). If a guy in a fucking spacestation can stay up to date on current trends I am sure she can manage seems how she is paid for it.

She is dumb, she might be a nice lady but she is clearly stupid and I wish she would do a national IQ test to show everyone that her retarded child didn't fall to far from the tree.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
Did you not watch the video? she is below average intelligence, she didn't even know what the fucking bush doctrine was, can't name a single fucking newspaper, thought Paul Revere was riding through the streets ringing bells and having a good time. She is an idiot who is told what to say and you are an idiot who is told what to believe. Look at the couric interview, ahaah healthcare, haha it's about job creation, shoring up the economy, healthcare reform to help shore up the economy. Does that make any modicum of sense? She was told to say shore up the economy.

So is Coach.  Which explains why he "just doesn't get it" when it comes to seeing her stupidity.

"When you are dead, you don't know it.  Everyone else knows it and has to deal with it.  Same way when you are stupid."   :)

alabama ftw

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »
So is Coach.  Which explains why he "just doesn't get it" when it comes to seeing her stupidity.

"When you are dead, you don't know it.  Everyone else knows it and has to deal with it.  Same way when you are stupid."   :)
Are you saying that coach is stupid? What a bald statement 8) Will you say that the sky is blue or that water is wet tomorrow?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 11:12:22 AM »

They can't "except" it? 

I'm wondering how a sober adult who didn't drop out of elementary school can make this mistake...and I'm coming up empty. 

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts, though, that you move your lips when you read. 

Keep posting, Coach.  This place can always use a little more humor.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:07 AM »
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »
First off I don't know shit about whats going on in Russia to be honest.   

but i'm seeing one guy post about how Palin was actually right about something that she said and Blake Hounshell being wrong about something.  And in response, people point to things she was wrong about and saying that she's stupid.  It seems like there are two arguments going on here. 

is she stupid?  I don't know.  Would I vote for her?  No. 

but all i'm seeing is that some woman who many think is stupid and I wouldn't vote for was right about something and Blake Hounshell was wrong.  What exactly am I missing?