Author Topic: R.I.P. Ric Drasin  (Read 42682 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P. Ric Drasin
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2020, 04:40:02 AM »
If the internet and Getbig existed in the 70's and 80's many bodybuilders would have killed themselves if Arnold was on here.

If Arnold was on getbig 5 years ago he'd have killed himself from the shit he'd get for banging that Mexican.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2020, 05:29:25 AM »
If Arnold was on getbig 5 years ago he'd have killed himself from the shit he'd get for banging that Mexican.
:D  No shit.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
Lou’s BB genetics > Arnold’s BB genetics

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
Lou's brain < Arnold's brain

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2020, 08:58:25 PM »
Lou never recovered from Arnold's mind fuck.  RIP Ric

Well ... not only Lou to be honest , yes he was obsessed with Arnold specially with the idea of beating him and  that was probably during the time Arnold made the controversial comeback (there's a special thread about it here  ;)) However, Not only Lou, but Mike Mentzer, Boyer ,Zane etc ...were all paranoid about Arnold's next move back then... that was the only concern for a while within the IFBB circuit,  they all thought and I mean everybody that  Arnold was going to make another unexpected entry with the judging panel in his pocket right up until 1984 or so ....... by late 70's, Ferrigno was more famous than Arnold thanks to the Hulk, and Weider wanted some of Louie's popularity on his publications , but Lou was already money hungry even 40 years ago ! lol.... Weider even  pushed a little rumour  that by 84 Arnold and Lou were going to make another revenge like/ Conan vs Hulk ' match up for one Million dollar or something like that lol ....

Whossshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2020, 02:42:46 AM »

Daaaaaaah dad, make it hardah

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2020, 04:46:20 AM »
Well ... not only Lou to be honest , yes he was obsessed with Arnold specially with the idea of beating him and  that was probably during the time Arnold made the controversial comeback (there's a special thread about it here  ;)) However, Not only Lou, but Mike Mentzer, Boyer ,Zane etc ...were all paranoid about Arnold's next move back then... that was the only concern for a while within the IFBB circuit,  they all thought and I mean everybody that  Arnold was going to make another unexpected entry with the judging panel in his pocket right up until 1984 or so ....... by late 70's, Ferrigno was more famous than Arnold thanks to the Hulk, and Weider wanted some of Louie's popularity on his publications , but Lou was already money hungry even 40 years ago ! lol.... Weider even  pushed a little rumour  that by 84 Arnold and Lou were going to make another revenge like/ Conan vs Hulk ' match up for one Million dollar or something like that lol ....

Whossshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arnold owned all their minds.  I don't know if that's a testament to his genius or their weak minds.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2020, 05:12:31 AM »
Daaaaaaah dad, make it hardah

MOAH WEIGHD! IM GUHNA BEED 'IM!

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2020, 05:27:10 AM »
    Yes they actually talked about a contest between louie and arnold. But it was arnolds idea. The purse was gonna be 100,000  winner take all. Arnold wasnt as well known as louie yet and it pissed him off. louie had the hulk ( they wanted arnold first but arnold actually referred them to louie)  he was waiting for them to start with making conan . he wanted to be a movie star. They finally gave him the ok to start shooting and so arnold started training again but much more relaxed.
                                               The first scenes were gonna be of "conan" as an old bulky warrior so arnold was in  no hurry to train. He just did his 4 day a week workouts to start gaining size. Then after a while the producers changed their mind and wanted to film those scenes last and arnold had to get big and lean and fast. thats why he said he only trained 8 weeks. people think it was 8 weeks total but it wasnt. It was 8 weeks of "contest" training.  Anyways thats what happened. Arnold would of beat louie everytime. However even arnold admitted louies genetics were superior to his but louie just didnt have the drive and focus arnold had.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2020, 06:31:35 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »
    Yes they actually talked about a contest between louie and arnold. But it was arnolds idea. The purse was gonna be 100,000  winner take all. Arnold wasnt as well known as louie yet and it pissed him off. louie had the hulk ( they wanted arnold first but arnold actually referred them to louie)  he was waiting for them to start with making conan . he wanted to be a movie star. They finally gave him the ok to start shooting and so arnold started training again but much more relaxed.
                                               The first scenes were gonna be of "conan" as an old bulky warrior so arnold was in  no hurry to train. He just did his 4 day a week workouts to start gaining size. Then after a while the producers changed their mind and wanted to film those scenes last and arnold had to get big and lean and fast. thats why he said he only trained 8 weeks. people think it was 8 weeks total but it wasnt. It was 8 weeks of "contest" training.  Anyways thats what happened. Arnold would of beat louie everytime. However even arnold admitted louies genetics were superior to his but louie just didnt have the drive and focus arnold had.
But The Incredible Hulk started shooting in 76 or 77 and Conan didn't start till 80.  Did Arnold turn down the Hulk role because he would be making a movie 4 years later?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
But The Incredible Hulk started shooting in 76 or 77 and Conan didn't start till 80.  Did Arnold turn down the Hulk role because he would be making a movie 4 years later?

I think it was because Lou did/didnt want to complete a full rep......

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2020, 12:27:25 PM »
Arnie said he can't imagine running around in green paint.  He did it years later in blue paint instead for way more money  8)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2020, 01:16:42 PM »
I think it was because Lou did/didnt want to complete a full rep......
The Incredible Hulk was definitely a partial rep animal.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2020, 01:27:24 PM »
Arnold owned all their minds.  I don't know if that's a testament to his genius or their weak minds.

Arnold kinda owned the system ....which can be really frustrating to any Pro that has dedicated his entire existence to win the damn Sandow and see it all go south due to politics .... 

Whoshhhhhhhh  Barracuda mode baby

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2020, 02:22:04 PM »
Arnold kinda owned the system ....which can be really frustrating to any Pro that has dedicated his entire existence to win the damn Sandow and see it all go south due to politics .... 

Being buddies with Weider will do that for you.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »

Weider created the Olympia as an advertising vehicle. No surprise he controlled who won. There has never been anything "fair" about any of those contests.

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2020, 08:18:11 PM »

By 'old bulky warrior' do you mean Conan sitting on his throne with a beard? Arnold was at his biggest for those scenes, so I thought they were shot first, around the time of the Olympia.

Do you know which scenes were shot first/last?

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2020, 04:27:38 AM »
Bump.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2020, 05:43:40 AM »
                                               Arnold didnt pass up being the hulk to do conan. He passed it up because he wanted to be a movie star not a tv star. he actually signed on for conan in 1978 or 79 . It takes awhile to get things going. The scenes of him on the thrown as an old conan were shot last. They were supposed to be first so arnold didnt worry about being lean. But then the producers changed their minds and wanted to film those scenes last. arnold had to be a lean warrior. ( as he put it he had to look like he may not of eaten in days - being a warrior you never know how long you will go without food) or something like that.
                                              Just think if arnold would not of turned down the hulk role and or told them about louie  big lou may have went on and won many olympias!!  in fact the first person they wanted for the hulk was that guy i think his name is richard kiel or something. Played in happy gilmore and also in a james bond film. But the producers son said "dad the hulk is supposed to  have muscles. This guy doesnt have any".  And then they went for arnold cuz they wanted the biggest bodybuilder they could find plus arnold had just won an award ( golden globe maybe? ) for best new actor ( stay hungry) so he did have some notice in hollywood.

TheGreatOak

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2020, 06:55:52 AM »
Thanks bigbychoices, lots of great info.

Ric was a wrestler, actor, bodybuilder and so much more. As much success as he gained from the various worlds he was involved with is as much as he gave back. Not just self-promoting, but enlightening young and old about his own past, the Golden Era and having great interviews with the new school as well on a plethora of subjects. Ric certainly left his mark during his entire lifespan, from living the life when he was younger to giving back in his later years with Ric's Corner.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2020, 07:37:54 AM »
                                      You are welcome greatoak. Yes rick was a good man. Some people only want to focus on a few bad things he did way back in the day. We need more guys from the real golden era to come forth and do real interviews. The few that are still with us could really tell us some stories. Times were so simple then. The guys would all train together hang out together help each other etc.
                                      Now the old guys could tell us the truth about ALOT of things and not get punished ( weider is gone and the ifbb is now a money hungry joke). I remember arnold saying about how nice it would be if a bodybuilder could make a living off of just bodybuilding. Some can now but not many. Everyone else does except the athletes. Rick is gone way to soon. I only got to meet him once in venice. At world gym. He was there with joe (gold) and leroy colbert. And of course eddie gullianie ( or however its spelled)  Rest in peace rick.  Know you left a void in the industry that can not be filled brother!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2020, 07:38:17 AM »
did i miss cause of death somewhere?

NI_Muscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2020, 08:08:06 AM »
I'm lost for words...

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2020, 01:39:26 PM »
I'm lost for words...

Wait a min here ....  That guy has the same hair and sweater as Kurt Cobain and it appears to be in his 50's !!!! ...   Are you thinking what I'm thinking ?

WhhoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHH   Polly wants cracker !!!!