Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 994438 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #4050 on: September 05, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »
Edited video / Hold on the autopsy - Being Obstructive - With holding evidence
What else would you expect from a criminal gang.

When cops do all the above it’s ok though... ::)
No doubt they have a perfectly good reason - Only they do no one else ever has a good reason.

Same old double standards & protecting their own.
No gang like behaviour from the ever.

It appears to be a common and deliberate tactic, and that is on top of investigating themselves of course. They did the same thing with material related to Paddock's mass shooting incident in Las Vegas, trying to buy time and delay the release of material until a judge ordered them to cut the BS and release them immediately.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #4051 on: September 06, 2018, 02:21:16 PM »
Let's see if the killer will go to prison. Not holding my breath though. It is possible that they could overcharge him to trick the family and the public to a faint hope of justice, only for him to be found not guilty because of overcharging or a jury that is reluctant to sentence a cop.

Officer who fatally shot Justine Damond charged with murder, turns himself in

The Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot an Australian woman in July was charged with murder Tuesday after he turned himself in when a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in on Tuesday in connection to the 2017 death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. his attorney confirmed.

The criminal complaint remained sealed by midday Tuesday, but according to the jail roster Noor was booked on a third-degree murder charge for perpetrating an eminently dangerous act while showing a "depraved mind." The second-degree manslaughter charge alleges he acted with "culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk."

Damond was shot July 15, minutes after calling 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home. The 40-year-old life coach’s death drew international attention, cost the police chief her job and forced major revisions to the department’s policy on body cameras.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman was scheduled to discuss charges Tuesday afternoon.

Noor, a 32-year-old Somali-American, has not talked publicly about the case and declined to be interviewed by state investigators.

In a statement Tuesday, Damond's family praised the charges, calling them "one step toward justice."

"No charges can bring our Justine back. However, justice demands accountability for those responsible for recklessly killing the fellow citizens they are sworn to protect, and today's actions reflect that," the statement said.

A policeman who was with Noor at the time of the shooting, Matthew Harrity, told investigators that he was startled by a loud noise right before Damond approached the driver's side window of their police SUV. Harrity, who was driving, said Noor then fired his weapon from the passenger seat. Damond died of a gunshot wound to the abdomen.

The officers did not turn on their body cameras until after the shooting, and there was no squad camera video of the incident.

The lack of video was widely criticized, and Damond's family members were among the many people who called for changes in procedure, including how often officers are required to turn on their cameras.

The shooting also prompted questions about the training of Noor, a two-year veteran and Somali-American whose arrival on the force had been celebrated by city leaders and Minnesota's large Somali community. Noor, 32, had trained in business and economics and worked in property management before becoming an officer.

Then-Chief Janee Harteau defended Noor's training and said he was suited to be on the street, even as she criticized the shooting itself. But Harteau — who was on vacation when the shooting happened and didn't make her first public appearance until several days after the shooting — was forced out soon after by Mayor Betsy Hodges, who said she had lost confidence in the chief.

Harteau's replacement, Medaria Arradondo, quickly announced a policy change requiring officers to turn on their body cameras in responding to any call or traffic stop.

If convicted of third-degree murder, Noor could face a maximum of 25 years in prison, though the presumptive sentence is 12 ½ years. A judge could issue a sentence ranging from about 10 ½ to 15 years.

The second-degree manslaughter charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, but the presumptive sentence is four years.

Jail records show he’s being held on $500,000 bail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/officer-who-fatally-shot-justine-damond-turns-himself-in-charges-pending.html

Remember Justine Damond, the innocent woman who was killed by a cop?

Once again, the perennial defenders of corruption and crime, police unions, are supporting a killer. And despite the cover up attempts and the poor excuses, the killer displayed warning signs and red flags but it appears they were ignored since he was hired and ultimately, killed an innocent woman.

Filing: Mohamed Noor raised red flags among psychiatrists, training officers

Former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor concerned psychiatrists and training officers about his fitness for duty long before he fatally shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond, new court records show.

Revelations about Noor's past were introduced by Hennepin County prosecutors on Wednesday in response to a motion by defense attorneys to dismiss the third-degree murder and manslaughter charges filed against him in Damond's death.

Noor was flagged by two psychiatrists during the pre-hiring evaluation in early 2015 after he exhibited an inability to handle the stress of regular police work and unwillingness to deal with people, according to the records.

http://www.startribune.com/judge-rejects-motion-to-seal-medical-records-in-trial-for-officer-who-killed-justine-ruszczyk-damond/492518991/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #4052 on: September 07, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »
A man was shot and killed by an armed and violent thug but since she happened to have a badge it’s just a “mistake”. No arrest, no charges not even the name of the killer is released.

Dallas cop fatally shoots neighbor in his apartment after mistaking it for her own

A Dallas police officer returning home from work shot and killed a neighbor on Thursday after she mistook his apartment for her own, police said.

The Dallas Police Department said in a news release on Friday the officer had arrived at her apartment complex in uniform after working a shift. She called dispatch to report the shooting and told responding officers she believed the victim’s apartment was her own when she entered it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/07/dallas-cop-fatally-shoots-neighbor-in-his-apartment-after-mistaking-it-for-her-own-police-say.html

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4053 on: September 07, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »
A man was shot and killed by an armed and violent thug but since she happened to have a badge it’s just a “mistake”. No arrest, no charges not even the name of the killer is released.

Dallas cop fatally shoots neighbor in his apartment after mistaking it for her own

A Dallas police officer returning home from work shot and killed a neighbor on Thursday after she mistook his apartment for her own, police said.

The Dallas Police Department said in a news release on Friday the officer had arrived at her apartment complex in uniform after working a shift. She called dispatch to report the shooting and told responding officers she believed the victim’s apartment was her own when she entered it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/07/dallas-cop-fatally-shoots-neighbor-in-his-apartment-after-mistaking-it-for-her-own-police-say.html

FFS
Shoot & Killed a completely innocent man!!!

No fucking charges  ::) Jeez I struggle to believe this crap is real.
The stupid bitch shouldn’t have a badge - let alone be anywhere near a Gun.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #4054 on: September 07, 2018, 02:45:06 PM »

FFS
Shoot & Killed a completely innocent man!!!

No fucking charges  ::) Jeez I struggle to believe this crap is real.
The stupid bitch shouldn’t have a badge - let alone be anywhere near a Gun.

Notice this from the article:

"I won't go into that information right now," Sgt. Warren Mitchell, a spokesman for the police department, said. "I mean, we have not interviewed her, and like I said this is just a preliminary statement. We still have a lot to do in this investigation. ... This is all we can give you at this time."

They haven't even interviewed her. Is this so she can have time to make up her story? You would think that police would want to interview suspects and witnesses as soon as possible. But when it comes to cops committing crimes they are often given time to interact with others and corroborate their story. Let's see how this turns out.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4055 on: September 07, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »

They haven't even interviewed her. Is this so she can have time to make up her story? You would think that police would want to interview suspects and witnesses as soon as possible. But when it comes to cops committing crimes they are often given time to interact with others and corroborate their story. Let's see how this turns out.

Fucking nonsense they’ve not interviewed her - WTF are they to busy !!
An innocent man lost his life in his own home doing Fuck all wrong.
They are a Bunch of Cu.nts the lot of them.

If it was her shot dead - it would be a whole different fucking story.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4056 on: September 07, 2018, 03:14:53 PM »

Here is the reasoning for it

Unlike citizens, cops don't have the option of not cooperating or not giving a statement. Over time, history has shown that statements taken immediately after a traumatic experience aren't always as accurate as statements taken when a person has had time to calm down and reflect. Yes, you could say they can also make up a story but that's not an overwhelming reason to get what will likely be an incomplete statement right away. And a citizen correcting their earlier statement isn't viewed in the same light as an officer correcting an earlier statement. The latter is automatically viewed by many in the public of being a part of a cover up or lie. So they are given 72 hrs to collect their thoughts, review their reports and give a complete statement.
I can tell you that there were times when I was involved in an incident I thought X happened. For example, after a shooting incident and chase (not an officer involved shooting) after catching the shooter, adrenaline was high it was a chaotic scene. I remembered putting the suspect in my partners back seat. Would have sworn to it. When I watched the video, I was surprised to see that shortly before we walked him to the street, another unit had pulled up and that is the car we put him in. Small thing, but certainly could have been made to look like I was lying.
So yeah, officers get 72 hrs, but, they are also compelled to cooperate and give statements and answer all the questions.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4057 on: September 07, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »

Unlike citizens, cops don't have the option of not cooperating or not giving a statement. Over time, history has shown that statements taken immediately after a traumatic experience aren't always as accurate as statements taken when a person has had time to calm down and reflect. Yes, you could say they can also make up a story but that's not an overwhelming reason to get what will likely be an incomplete statement right away. And a citizen correcting their earlier statement isn't viewed in the same light as an officer correcting an earlier statement. The latter is automatically viewed by many in the public of being a part of a cover up or lie. So they are given 72 hrs to collect their thoughts, review their reports and give a complete statement.
I can tell you that there were times when I was involved in an incident I thought X happened. For example, after a shooting incident and chase (not an officer involved shooting) after catching the shooter, adrenaline was high it was a chaotic scene. I remembered putting the suspect in my partners back seat. Would have sworn to it. When I watched the video, I was surprised to see that shortly before we walked him to the street, another unit had pulled up and that is the car we put him in. Small thing, but certainly could have been made to look like I was lying.
So yeah, officers get 72 hrs, but, they are also compelled to cooperate and give statements and answer all the questions.

She walks into the wrong apartment shoots dead the rightful owner / occupier
WTF
If we all did similar to what this bitch did when we think we’re somewhere we’re not
They’d be a lot more dead innocent people.

I know I’d of killed a few more.

Just charge her & prosecute her - end of.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4058 on: September 07, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »

Fucked up. Sitting around in your chonies, watching South Park, eating pork rinds and chugging a beer when some slut comes walking in and caps your ass on your own couch.

She needs to fry for that.

Of course you would defend the killer.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4059 on: September 08, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »

Bitches w badges.  Insanity.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4060 on: September 08, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »
Fucked up. Sitting around in your chonies, watching South Park, eating pork rinds and chugging a beer when some slut comes walking in and caps your ass on your own couch.

She needs to fry for that.

Of course you would defend the killer.

How the hell do you get that I'm defending anyone by giving background on a process... jesus h christ

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4061 on: September 08, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
How the hell do you get that I'm defending anyone by giving background on a process... jesus h christ

So if the Exact situation was the other way round & He had shot the Bitch dead mistakenly
He would be given 72hrs before having to make a statement So he could calm his
Mind and get the facts in the correct order.
As History has shown taking a statement after a traumatic event aren’t always as accurate.

Would’ve he been given the same treatment??  Simple Yes or No answer Please.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #4062 on: September 09, 2018, 01:04:21 AM »
It's September and after a nice, long vacation, school's back in session. Let's learn together!

Unlike citizens, cops don't have the option of not cooperating or not giving a statement.

First, let's get a couple of things straight: The Fifth Amendment extends to everyone under its jurisdiction; that is, it extends to citizens and non-citizens alike. You likely meant to say "civilian" (a dreadful reminder of how militarized your profession has become), but even that would be wrong: the Fifth Amendment does not make exceptions for cops. The Fifth Amendment begins with "No person shall" and it doesn't include an exception for Cops.

So your statement is, to be blunt, false: nobody can be compelled to testify against themselves. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land and it firmly establishes our right to not answer any questions. This means that a cop could opt to invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to not write the report and not answer questions. He'd lose his job, probably—and that's how it should be—but he could not be "compelled to cooperate and give statements and answer all the questions" anymore than any other person can be.

Over time, history has shown that statements taken immediately after a traumatic experience aren't always as accurate as statements taken when a person has had time to calm down and reflect.

That seems reasonable. Tell me, if I accidentally walked into the wrong apartment and shot my neighbor, would I be allowed to go home for the night to "calm down and reflect" before I would have to come down to have a nice friendly talk with my coworkers?

If accurate statements are what's important and we know that people are unable to give accurate statements in the immediate aftermath of an incident—which does seem at least reasonable—should we not afford every the same courtesy of a cooldown and reflection period to everyone? Because, surely this inability to provide accurate statement isn't something that only cops, right?

Yes, you could say they can also make up a story but that's not an overwhelming reason to get what will likely be an incomplete statement right away.

I could also say that time appears to be of the essence in every other investigation, except when cops are involved. I could also say that it's better to have as much information collected as soon after the incident as practicable, and allow for follow-up interviews, as necessary.

And a citizen correcting their earlier statement isn't viewed in the same light as an officer correcting an earlier statement.

It isn't viewed in the same light as who? Any such statements would almost certainly not be released publicly, at least until the case goes to Court.

So, you're suggesting that cops would be more understanding of a civilian who corrects his statements and less understanding of a cop? You realize that's just laughable right?

And, beyond that, if the cops make inferences because someone corrects an earlier statement, having taken time to "calm down and reflect", then what does that say about your brothers in blue? You just told us that history teaches us that taking time is good because it helps people make more accurate statements. Are cops unaware of the teachings of history?

The latter is automatically viewed by many in the public of being a part of a cover up or lie. So they are given 72 hrs to collect their thoughts, review their reports and give a complete statement.

And do you blame the public? Not a day goes by when cops are caught in blatant lies; check out for one particularly egregious example.

Oh, and while we're here, how is the former viewed cops and ADAs? "Oh, good, the suspect remembered more details which help us clear him. Imagine if he hadn't; we could have put an innocent man in jail!" ::)

It's one thing to be mistaken about which unit you put the perp in; after all, all cop cars look alike. It's also something that's largely inconsequential (thought I'm sure an attorney would relish the opportunity to grill you over it in front of the jury to gain some points).

Yes, cops have to write reports about incidents they are involved in in their official capacity as cops. Airline pilots have to write reports if they declare an emergency, or they dip into their reserve fuel. University instructors have to write reports when a student complains about a grade. Doctors have to write reports after they finish giving your prostate a thorough tickling.

But they can't be compelled to testify against themselves. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land and it firmly establishes our right to not answer any questions. This means that a cop could opt to invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to not write the report and not answer questions. He'd lose his job, probably—and that's how it should be—but he could not be "compelled to cooperate and give statements and answer all the questions" anymore than any other person can be.

See the first part of my answer if you need a refresher as to why that is.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4063 on: September 09, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »
So if the Exact situation was the other way round & He had shot the Bitch dead mistakenly
He would be given 72hrs before having to make a statement So he could calm his
Mind and get the facts in the correct order.
As History has shown taking a statement after a traumatic event aren’t always as accurate.

Would’ve he been given the same treatment??  Simple Yes or No answer Please.

It's not a yes or no answer sorry. The answer is the citizen would have the option of NEVER giving a statement, ever. That is the difference. And Avxo, while cops are both citizens and cops, cops have the civil service they operate under as well as state and federal law. So while you  are correct a cop ultimately has the choice of not saying anything, they will be terminated for not complying with civil service and department policy directives.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4064 on: September 09, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »
It's not a yes or no answer sorry. The answer is the citizen would have the option of NEVER giving a statement, ever. That is the difference. And Avxo, while cops are both citizens and cops, cops have the civil service they operate under as well as state and federal law. So while you  are correct a cop ultimately has the choice of not saying anything, they will be terminated for not complying with civil service and department policy directives.

Right, so they are not compelled.

Affording cops and only cops 72 hours to calm down and collect their thoughts before a statement is wrong, especially if you, as you  claim, getting accurate statements in the immediate aftermath of an event is not possible.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4065 on: September 09, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »

Affording cops and only cops 72 hours to calm down and collect their thoughts before a statement is wrong, especially if you, as you  claim, getting accurate statements in the immediate aftermath of an event is not possible.
The police collect statements at the scene all the time, they don't wait 72 hours for anything.
Ever see the tv series, The First 48? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4066 on: September 09, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »

Yes it was a Yes / No answer.
That’s what I asked.
That murdering bitch needs terminating ASAP.

Take the job title away
Take the uniform away
Take the badge away

You have human beings & Your trying to justify how it’s fair for one set of humans to get 72hrs
To compose themselves & The other Humans Not allowed It.
That’s Totally & utterly Wrong & Double Standards.

I thought Better of you than that.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4067 on: September 09, 2018, 08:17:36 PM »

we can agree to disagree.Most cops, I would say 99% are interested in keeping their jobs and will give a statement within the time frame. Compared to citizens who do not have to give a statement at any time.. this is fair

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4068 on: September 09, 2018, 08:19:26 PM »
That’s what I asked.

Take the job title away
Take the uniform away
Take the badge away

You have human beings & Your trying to justify how it’s fair for one set of humans to get 72hrs

I thought Better of you than that.

I do appreciate that. But if I am torn between telling the facts as they are, and keeping your respect, I have to side with facts. As I said earlier, I am not defending her I was explaining the history behind the 72 hr rule. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4069 on: September 09, 2018, 09:10:34 PM »
we can agree to disagree.Most cops, I would say 99% are interested in keeping their jobs and will give a statement within the time frame. Compared to citizens who do not have to give a statement at any time.. this is fair

No. It’s demonstrably not fair to have a caste-like system, where cops—who we are reminded all the time, are highly trained—are afforded 72 hours of quiet reflection in the aftermath of an incident to collect their thoughts to be followed by, in most cases, a friendly chat with your coworkers. It’s not fair because  a non-cop would, in similar circumstances, end up getting arrested on the spot and interrogated, a process that you well know is adversarial and during which cops not only can and do lie, but also leverage several psychological tricks to extract a confession.

It’s demonstrably not fair when a cop can be pulled over while driving and found to be too drunk to even remember his name and will get a ride home, but a civilian will be arrested because a cop claims to have smelled alcohol and spotted bloodshot eyes. And that is just one example.

It’s demonstrably not fair when a cop is caught falsifying a police report—an official document—and I don’t mean an inconsequential mistake, like your example about which unit a perp was placed in; I mean writing up a complete fabrication which, if proven to be a fabrication, will end up sweeped under the rug, whereas a civilian can and frequently does suffer serious consequences for “lying to the police” because of an honest mistake in a statement, often in response to a leading question.

If a cop did nothing wrong, he should want to get his side out as soon as possible and writing his report should not require 72 hours of quiet reflection. And if he did something wrong, he can—and should—shut the fuck up and not talk to the police, but he should not expect to keep his job.

You’ve told us many times that you were a good and honest cop. I have no reason to doubt that. But that doesn’t make you objective. You’re firmly on one side of the thin blue line and your views are tainted very deeply blue. Which is why you can’t see the injustice in a system where a badge affords the badgeholder more rights than the rest of us.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4071 on: September 09, 2018, 09:13:24 PM »
No. It’s demonstrably not fair to have a caste-like system, where cops—who we are reminded all the time, are highly trained—are afforded 72 hours of quiet reflection in the aftermath of an incident to collect their thoughts to be followed by, in most cases, a friendly chat with your coworkers. It’s not fair because  a non-cop would, in similar circumstances, end up getting arrested on the spot and interrogated, a process that you well know is adversarial and during which cops not only can and do lie, but also leverage several psychological tricks to extract a confession.

It’s demonstrably not fair when a cop can be pulled over while driving and found to be too drunk to even remember his name and will get a ride home, but a civilian will be arrested because a cop claims to have smelled alcohol and spotted bloodshot eyes. And that is just one example.

It’s demonstrably not fair when a cop is caught falsifying a police report—an official document—and I don’t mean an inconsequential mistake, like your example about which unit a perp was placed in; I mean writing up a complete fabrication which, if proven to be a fabrication, will end up sweeped under the rug, whereas a civilian can and frequently does suffer serious consequences for “lying to the police” because of an honest mistake in a statement, often in response to a leading question.

If a cop did nothing wrong, he should want to get his side out as soon as possible and writing his report should not require 72 hours of quiet reflection. And if he did something wrong, he can—and should—shut the fuck up and not talk to the police, but he should not expect to keep his job.

You’ve told us many times that you were a good and honest cop. I have no reason to doubt that. But that doesn’t make you objective. You’re firmly on one side of the thin blue line and your views are tainted very deeply blue. Which is why you can’t see the injustice in a system where a badge affords the badgeholder more rights than the rest of us.
Can't help you. I this case, she was arrested. the system worked

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4072 on: September 09, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »
Can't help you. I this case, she was arrested. the system worked

She was, and the outrage probably had a lot to do with it. I’ll ask you point blank: if I walked into the wrong apartment and shot someone, would I have gotten the same courtesy as she did because of her employment status?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4073 on: September 09, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »
She was, and the outrage probably had a lot to do with it. I’ll ask you point blank: if I walked into the wrong apartment and shot someone, would I have gotten the same courtesy as she did because of her employment status?

again... you would have the right to not answer questions, the officer, if they wished to maintain their jobs, would not.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4074 on: September 10, 2018, 05:57:35 AM »
I do appreciate that. But if I am torn between telling the facts as they are, and keeping your respect, I have to side with facts. As I said earlier, I am not defending her I was explaining the history behind the 72 hr rule. 

I wasn’t asking you to clarify the fact cops are given 72hrs.
In all realism she cannot have any defence other than it Being Manslaughter.

That’s what I asked.

Take the job title away
Take the uniform away
Take the badge away

I’m asking YOU if you Believe in the double standards
And a Privilege system for some People over Others

It is A Simple Yes / No Answer.