Author Topic: Anybody watching this Ravens/NE game?  (Read 21174 times)

body88

Re: Anybody watching this Ravens/NE game?
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2007, 01:18:36 PM »
reread my post, i said the opposite. if there was holding the entire game like you say the refs should have called it the entire game, not just in the endzone at the end of the game. My opinion would be the same if the regardless if it were the Pats or the Ravens..or the Fins for that matter.  and if the holding by the Ravens was sooo  blatantly ridiculous the league would certainly look into it. currently i dont think an investigation is pending.
 and who says you get some "lee way to a point"? as far as i know a penalty is a penalty no matter if its the first time of the third.
  and what does this mean? " Guess what, it was easier to do what the pats are doing then." 

You seem to be walking the line. You say if there was holding all game the refs should have called it. But when there is blatant hold you equate that to the refs cherry picking calls to favor one team.  You say a penalty is a penalty yet call a blatant penalty questionable? The refs did call penalties on the ravens during the game. What you are are really saying is the refs called the game fair until a call went against the ravens that added to them losing the game , then its slanted. If that Gaffney td went the ravens way I doubt you would say a thing about it. You also said the NFL would look into holding if it was going on. Yet there is no "investigation" on the question's you brought up. In fact I posted a video from the NFL showing why the penalty's where called. On the pats side if there was holding going on there would be an investigation , yet there is no investigation into the calls you questioned? So you trust the league only when it favors the opponent you are saying got screwed?

You act as if my claims of there being holding are laughable because if it happened the refs would have called it. They made several calls vs the ravens. Yet when they call a hold when the games on the line, a clear hold , you say its unfair officiating.

Leeway is easy to understand. Different crews let teams "play" different ways. Just let them play is the saying. But when the team starts getting out of line they start calling them on it. You cant armbar a receiver on his route and ride him down and expect to have it let go. There is a difference between letting db's be a little physical , and plain old holding people all over the place.

What the pats are doing now is HARDER then what the bears did. They are trying to go undefeated in a league with much more parody, free agency, a salary cap , and instant replay. The slant towards Offense you claim is no different then the slant towards defense back in the day. The pats just got a explosive offense. I didn't see any talk of the pats being screwed last year in the afccg when they got called for things like facegaurding. Where the pats at a dissadvantage last year to the colts since they didn't have good wr's? Facegaurding is not even a NFl rule anymore. The difference is it is harder to build a winner year in and year out now in days.

The pats blow people out, they are running up the score. The pats win close games, they are no good. The league comes down on the pats they are getting what is coming to them. The pats win a game on the leagues rules and the league is helping them. People want nothing more then the pats to lose. Thats why pats fans are defensive. Anything to discredit anything they do.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »
Supreme hair-splitting; the NFL has brainwashed you. In reality it's still the playoffs to most people. ;) ;) ;)

I hope you don't fall for the same thing at starbucks, actually using those dumb names in lieu of small, medium and large. ;D

I don't drink coffee... especially over-priced and burned ;)

Do you consider the World Series the Playoffs?

I don't think I'm brainwashed... I see it as two separate things. That's just me.

I'll split hairs if I wanna. :D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »

You seem to be walking the line. You say if there was holding all game the refs should have called it. But when there is blatant hold you equate that to the refs cherry picking calls to favor one team.  You say a penalty is a penalty yet call a blatant penalty questionable? The refs did call penalties on the ravens during the game. What you are are really saying is the refs called the game fair until a call went against the ravens that added to them losing the game , then its slanted. If that Gaffney td went the ravens way I doubt you would say a thing about it. You also said the NFL would look into holding if it was going on. Yet there is no "investigation" on the question's you brought up. In fact I posted a video from the NFL showing why the penalty's where called. On the pats side if there was holding going on there would be an investigation , yet there is no investigation into the calls you questioned? So you trust the league only when it favors the opponent you are saying got screwed?

You act as if my claims of there being holding are laughable because if it happened the refs would have called it. They made several calls vs the ravens. Yet when they call a hold when the games on the line, a clear hold , you say its unfair officiating.

Leeway is easy to understand. Different crews let teams "play" different ways. Just let them play is the saying. But when the team starts getting out of line they start calling them on it. You cant armbar a receiver on his route and ride him down and expect to have it let go. There is a difference between letting db's be a little physical , and plain old holding people all over the place.

What the pats are doing now is HARDER then what the bears did. They are trying to go undefeated in a league with much more parody, free agency, a salary cap , and instant replay. The slant towards Offense you claim is no different then the slant towards defense back in the day. The pats just got a explosive offense. I didn't see any talk of the pats being screwed last year in the afccg when they got called for things like facegaurding. Where the pats at a dissadvantage last year to the colts since they didn't have good wr's? Facegaurding is not even a NFl rule anymore. The difference is it is harder to build a winner year in and year out now in days.

The pats blow people out, they are running up the score. The pats win close games, they are no good. The league comes down on the pats they are getting what is coming to them. The pats win a game on the leagues rules and the league is helping them. People want nothing more then the pats to lose. Thats why pats fans are defensive. Anything to discredit anything they do.

you need to take a step back and read my posts objectively, not from a Pats fans point of view. you continually fail to see the forrest from the trees my friend....
                                       "dont forget fan is short for fanatic" - Colin Cowherd ESPN

Fanatic- A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

best of luck against the Steelers

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »
I don't drink coffee... especially over-priced and burned ;)

Do you consider the World Series the Playoffs?

I don't think I'm brainwashed... I see it as two separate things. That's just me.

I'll split hairs if I wanna. :D

Split hairs = nothing else to think of.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »
Split hairs = nothing else to think of.

Split hairs = your opinion actually.

Which is certainly your prerogative.

body88

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2007, 08:36:07 PM »
you need to take a step back and read my posts objectively, not from a Pats fans point of view. you continually fail to see the forrest from the trees my friend....
                                       "dont forget fan is short for fanatic" - Colin Cowherd ESPN

Fanatic- A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

best of luck against the Steelers

I didnt think you could refute anything in that post : ) You called calls questionable in your original post , then defended the refs when speaking about things the ravens did. Thats called flip flopping my friend.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »
When the New England Patriots improved to 12-0 with a close victory over the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night, both teams took issue with the officiating. Apparently the head of the NFL referees thought everything was fine.

NFL senior vice president of officiating Mike Pereira said Thursday that all of the calls that generated controversy were made correctly. Pereira also touched on the topic of Baltimore cornerback Samari Rolle's accusation that head linesman Phil McKinnely repeatedly called him "boy."

Pereira said McKinnely's "interpretation" of the situation differed from Rolle's. He added that he found no fault in how McKinnely handled the controversy.

"Phil, in my mind, acted as he should," Pereira told the NFL Network. "We'd like to walk away, but there is a point where it's very difficult to do that."

After the game, New England quarterback Tom Brady pointed out that there were "a lot of questionable calls and we made some plays" to win the game.

Baltimore running back Willis McGahee echoed Brady's sentiments Sunday.

"The loss takes away everything. We played our hearts out tonight. We got some bogus calls," McGahee said.

Baltimore cornerback Chris McAlister had some harsher words about the referees, specifically the late holding call on rookie safety Jamaine Winborne.

"It's hard to go out there and play the Patriots and the refs at the same time," McAlister said. "They put the crown on top of them, they want them to win. They won."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »

I didnt think you could refute anything in that post : ) You called calls questionable in your original post , then defended the refs when speaking about things the ravens did. Thats called flip flopping my friend.

Its impossible to refute something someone says when they have blinders on, you my friend are a fanatic.   like you said they gave the players  "lee way" which is wrong, a penalty is a penalty a late hit is always a late hit etc..
your inabliltiy to read and comprehend hopefully ends with things concerning the Pats, if not best of luck in the future. again good luck with the Steelers, its gonna be a good game..

body88

« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
   Its impossible to refute something someone says when they have blinders on, you my friend are a fanatic.   like you said they gave the players  "lee way" which is wrong, a penalty is a penalty a late hit is always a late hit etc..
your inabliltiy to read and comprehend hopefully ends with things concerning the Pats, if not best of luck in the future. again good luck with the Steelers, its gonna be a good game..

Thats not what I said at all. The "leeway" comment had nothing to do with my original comment. That was a response to a comment you made. I believe it was "if the holding was soooo bad" the NFL would get involved.

In which I made a few points, then let you know how different crews enforce the rules on the books to different degrees If you don't think diff ref crews call the rules in different ways you are the one with the blinders. That said that comment had nothing to do with my original point or post.

You are cherry different responses and points in my post and taking them out of context to try to paint me as a fanatic who wont listen to reason, wronggg. I am making my argument and voicing my opinion. Because at the end of the days thats all this is.

I called you out on your flip flopping , thats all.

Anyway thanks for the good luck wishes. Either way I am not worried my friend. Pats have homefield and the division all locked up. Great chance to win a 4th sb in the last 7 years.

I leave the hype up to the media and rival fans ;)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
Thats not what I said at all. The "leeway" comment had nothing to do with my original comment. That was a response to a comment you made. I believe it was "if the holding was soooo bad" the NFL would get involved.

In which I made a few points, then let you know how different crews enforce the rules on the books to different degrees If you don't think diff ref crews call the rules in different ways you are the one with the blinders. That said that comment had nothing to do with my original point or post.

You are cherry different responses and points in my post and taking them out of context to try to paint me as a fanatic who wont listen to reason, wronggg. I am making my argument and voicing my opinion. Because at the end of the days thats all this is.

I called you out on your flip flopping , thats all.

Anyway thanks for the good luck wishes. Either way I am not worried my friend. Pats have homefield and the division all locked up. Great chance to win a 4th sb in the last 7 years.

I leave the hype up to the media and rival fans ;)

and i would certainly take your "flip flopping" accusation seriously if it came from a reliable source. ive been consistant with my statements and aside from dangling keys in front of you to get you too see out side your box there is nothing else that can be done to help with your comprehension.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2007, 02:36:29 PM »
Body's a nice guy but a complete fanatic, with very very little objectivity. Doesn't see it whatsoever.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2007, 03:49:27 PM »
Body's a nice guy but a complete fanatic, with very very little objectivity. Doesn't see it whatsoever.

Thats my general point, he tends to read what he wants to in regards to peoples posts and cant make objective statements, but yes he is a nice guy from what i have experienced, just have to take it for what its worth. he is a hell of a fan though and knows his pats.

body88

« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »
As much as you guys say I don't see things in a objective light, I think you would understand where I was coming from more if you lived here, and followed the pats from where it all takes place/

That said the national media paints a picture that in a lot of ways is totally void of how things really are.

Anyway here's to a great game sunday.

Btw you guys are great posters and non of this is meant to be taken personally  ;)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2007, 06:28:57 PM »
As much as you guys say I don't see things in a objective light, I think you would understand where I was coming from more if you lived here, and followed the pats from where it all takes place/

That said the national media paints a picture that in a lot of ways is totally void of how things really are.

Anyway here's to a great game sunday.

Btw you guys are great posters and non of this is meant to be taken personally  ;)

same to you Bod enjoy your weekend..