Author Topic: Anybody watching this Ravens/NE game?  (Read 21232 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Anybody watching this Ravens/NE game?
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »
Delete this post mods... He's just saying this to get at me  :-X

Not.  :)  I didn't even read this thread.  What did you say?   :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2007, 02:02:54 AM »
Not.  :)  I didn't even read this thread.  What did you say?   :D
It was an attack on your character ;)

body88

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2007, 03:13:39 AM »
It was an attack on your character ;)

Your posts have been making me laugh tonight. Haha another gem.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »
I think it would be great if the Pats lost only 2 games this year.both to the Gmen ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2007, 08:23:02 AM »
The way NE's played the last few weeks it's clear to me that fatigue in maintaining the string's now part of the equation. A loss or two around this time would probably improve their playoff odds.

On the other hand, the week's rest before the playoffs might be enough to restore the edge if they're still undefeated then.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »
Lots of bitterness in this thread.  ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2007, 10:58:48 AM »
Everyone has a breaking point. Bart Scott throwing that flag didn't cost them the game. The previous questionable bullshit calls on 4th down did.

The Pats got outplayed tonight. The Ravens were more physical and you had the ball rammed down your throats all night.

The Pats didn't beat the Ravens by a long shot. The Ravens unfortunately, beat themselves.

very true, the throwing of the flag didnt affect the outcome of the game. the horrible calls did. there is no way people can say the ball wasnt bobbled, watch the replay and you'll see he didnt have control. also the pass interference call in the end zone was very questionable, in every play a receiver is touched going down the field to some extent if your going to call that then they should have called pass interference on the hail mary for christs sake.
bad calls ruin the chance for a great game no matter what the outcome, wether the Pats win or the Raven win, the fact that all the talk surrounds the refs is unfair. the refs shouldnt help the Pats make plays.
 by the way im listening to Mike and Mike in the morning ESPN and they both say they didnt think Gaffney had control.
 but oh well it certainly was an entertaining game to watch.
Matt Light just had a bad game, other than this game he is really good.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »

also regarding the Rex Ryan time out, arent time outs only allowed to be called by the head coach or a player on the field?? im pretty sure thats a rule.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »
The headcoach can call time outs, they changed the rule a few years ago. Its a grey area where they allow the D or O cood's to do so. Some crews allow it some don't. The bobgble was questionable but it was first and goal and they would have had 3 more chances, so who knows. I rewatched parts of the game today. Welker and Moss were mugged the whole game. The holding call was an easy one to make, but one they had not been making all game. If any of u guys watched what the Pats did during the 03-04 runs..this game was similar to many of those. Close but in the end..the other team does something done and Tom Brady makes them pay. I was happy to see Mauroney in space make plays....Body keep the shit talkers honest, I'm off to Japan for 10 days.
L

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 02:34:04 PM »
The Ravens gave this game away. Reed's fumble before the half, which would have put them in FG range and Boeller's throw into quadruple coverage for a pick and the hold on Rolle were huge mistakes. They imploded in the fourth quarter. You can blame the refs but the Pats receivers were mauled all night, and the offensive interference on the Hail Mary wasn't called. The Ravens have no one to blame but themselves, they should have won.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »
What about the timeout.... If they would've had one left they could've won the game but they called it when they stopped Brady..

The timeout is what really was the straw that broke the camels back.

body88

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
very true, the throwing of the flag didn't affect the outcome of the game. the horrible calls did. there is no way people can say the ball wasnt bobbled, watch the replay and you'll see he didnt have control. also the pass interference call in the end zone was very questionable, in every play a receiver is touched going down the field to some extent if your going to call that then they should have called pass interference on the hail mary for christs sake.
bad calls ruin the chance for a great game no matter what the outcome, wether the Pats win or the Raven win, the fact that all the talk surrounds the refs is unfair. the refs shouldnt help the Pats make plays.
 by the way im listening to Mike and Mike in the morning ESPN and they both say they didnt think Gaffney had control.
 but oh well it certainly was an entertaining game to watch.
Matt Light just had a bad game, other than this game he is really good.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804d7fad  watch the video of the plays

Receivers are allowed to be touched within five yards of the los. Outside that chuck zone you cannot blatently hamper a receivers ability to run his route. On that fourth down play the ravens defenders where HANGING off Watson, clearly not allowing him to run his route. Reed had his freaking arm wrapped around Watsons chest. Well outside the five yard cushion given. They are going to call that if you are stupid enough to do it on the play that decides the game. Duh they are watching closley then.

Why would you call pass int on the hail Mary at the end? Rolle was holding Asante Samuel down by the facemask so he could not make a play for the ball. The ravens where holding ALL day. Honestly they have nothing to complain about. they where allowed to be ultra physical all day. Welker was being held on every single play.The pats where flagged for a all this crap in the afccg last year.

Honestly the haters have reached monumental levels. The pats are not going to win every single game by 4000 points. Every team in the NFL throws there best at them because they are undefeated.Its not easy to get up for every single game all year long. The ravens played them tough , get over it. Maybe if the ravens could show up like that all year they woulden't suck.

Here is the current greatest team ever's record. The 85 bears. A lot of close wins in there. Including a loss. Five close games including a loss to a bad phins team. The greatest team ever.

Keep in mind there where less games , no salery cap , no free agency, and less teams. Far easier to "run the table" then.  Look at the 72 phins. They played ONE team with a winning record.

85 bears

Tampa Bay Buccaneers       |     W    |  38-28  |  Horrible team
|    2   |    New England Patriots       |     W    |  20- 7  |
|    3   | at Minnesota Vikings          |     W    |  33-24  |
|    4   |    Washington Redskins        |     W    |  45-10  |
|    5   | at Tampa Bay Buccaneers       |     W    | 27-19   Horrible team
|    6   | at San Francisco 49ers        |     W    |  26-10  |
|    7   |    Green Bay Packers          |     W    |  23- 7  |
|    8   |    Minnesota Vikings          |     W    |  27- 9  |
|    9   | at Green Bay Packers          |     W    |  16-10  | .500 team
|   10   |    Detroit Lions              |     W    |  24- 3  |
|   11   | at Dallas Cowboys             |     W    |  44- 0  |
|   12   |    Atlanta Falcons            |     W    |  36- 0  |
|   13   | at Miami Dolphins             |     L    |  24-38   |  Horrible team
|   14   |    Indianapolis Colts         |     W    | 17-10  |  Horrible team
|   15   | at New York Jets              |     W    |  19- 6  |
|   16   | at Detroit Lions              |     W    |  37-17  |
+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
The '72 Dolphins beat only 2 teams over .500, and had a narrow victory or two.

No one cares now other than sour-grapes Shula and some of those Dolphins.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
ESPN football earns record ratings
Game drew a total of 17.5 million viewers

More people watched the New England Patriots squeeze past the Baltimore Ravens on ESPN's "Monday Night Football" than viewed any other program in the history of cable TV.
Game drew a total aud of 17.5 million viewers, besting the previous record of 17.2 million set in August by Disney Channel's "High School Musical 2."

The Patriots are undefeated and could end up as the second NFL team ever to go through an entire season without a loss (the Miami Dolphins did it in 1972).

ESPN's Monday cablecast of the Patriots-Ravens bout finished first for the night among programs on all broadcast and cable nets in total viewers and in all of the key adult demographics.

Eleven of the 12 most-watched shows on cable TV in 2007 are "Monday Night Football" games on ESPN. In November, the cabler parlayed "MNF" into a victory for the entire month in primetime, winding up a strong No. 1 among all ad-supported cable nets in total viewers, adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and adults 18-34.

body88

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
I would trade 16- 0 in for another superbowl any day of the week.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »
If the Colts and Cowboys play NE in the playoffs, they should both be good games now that both teams have seen them, with the Cowboys improved. Shouldn't be that easy for NE, making for potentially better games.

body88

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
If the Colts and Cowboys play NE in the playoffs, they should both be good games now that both teams have seen them, with the Cowboys improved. Shouldn't be that easy for NE, making for potentially better games.

I agree. Both tough teams. I think Dallas vs NE would be a awesome game. Or Dallas vs Indy (talking about superbowl)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2007, 11:21:39 AM »
I agree. Both tough teams. I think Dallas vs NE would be a awesome game. Or Dallas vs Indy.

You do realize that NE can NOT play Dallas in the playoffs... being in 2 different division nixes that. The next time NE can see Dallas is in the Superbowl.

body88

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2007, 11:33:10 AM »
You do realize that NE can NOT play Dallas in the playoffs... being in 2 different division nixes that. The next time NE can see Dallas is in the Superbowl.

I was talking about the superbowl. Hence me saying Dallas vs NE or Indy vs Dallas. I took what pumpster said as Indy in the playoffs, and  Dallas in the sb. In conclusion I knew what he was trying to say even though he did not word it correctly 

If you look at the original post above pumps reply I was talking about the sb all along  :)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »

Don't be silly, last time i looked the superbowl was part of the playoffs LOL

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »
Don't be silly, last time i looked the superbowl was part of the playoffs LOL

No... The superbowl is a championship game. It's not part of the playoffs.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804d7fad  watch the video of the plays

Receivers are allowed to be touched within five yards of the los. Outside that chuck zone you cannot blatently hamper a receivers ability to run his route. On that fourth down play the ravens defenders where HANGING off Watson, clearly not allowing him to run his route. Reed had his freaking arm wrapped around Watsons chest. Well outside the five yard cushion given. They are going to call that if you are stupid enough to do it on the play that decides the game. Duh they are watching closley then.

Why would you call pass int on the hail Mary at the end? Rolle was holding Asante Samuel down by the facemask so he could not make a play for the ball. The ravens where holding ALL day.

you still on this??? ok, but as far as the PI no call on the hail mary i was refering to offensive PI.
 as for your theory that the Raven were holding the Pats recievers the entire game the refs didnt think so. if the Ravens were holding, they would have called holding. the fact that the refs decide when a holding call is important enough to call is where i have a problem. Tom Brady in his post game interview said himself there were some "questionable calls". but really this game was four days ago....
 and comparing the 85 Bears or the 72 Dolphins to a team playing in the 21 century is rediculous, no offense. the rules were vastly different then as opposed to now, the game didnt favor the offense as much as it does today. the rules today take into consideration the health of the player also, not so much in 72.

body88

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »
Your post sums up my argument nicley. I say the ravens got away with mugging people all game. You say if there was holding the refs woulf have called it. Yet when the refs call a clear foul its out of line and changing the game. So which is it?

You question why the refs would not call offensive pi on the hail mary play , yet you say if the ravens where mugging guys, it would have been called. You called the play questionable in your post. So I post the video proving otherwise. A guy riding another player with his arm wrapped around a players chest 10 yards out of the chuck zone is text book pi.

You then said the ball was bobbled by Gaffney. So I post the video. The ball was never bobbled. The question was if Gaffney bringing the ball into to his body in a natural motion was control. The refs who you said would have made the holding calls on the ravens if there where any thought so. The video clearly shows Gaffney with all ten fingers on the ball at all times. There was no bobble. You where very confident if there was holding going on against the pats wr's the refs would make that call , yet when they make a call that does not favor the ravens its bullshit. I see.

The 85 bears having 5 close games and one loss is "different" because the times where different? Guess what, it was easier to do what the pats are doing then. You said the game is slanted towards offense now. So what? it was slanted towards defense then. Letting teams with superior defensive units thrive. Same shit different century. But now you have free agency , a salery cap, replay , more teams, and more games. More parity. Its harder now.

The tactic the ravens used is nothing new. Look at the patriots ala 2001 vs the rams. The blueprint is nothing new.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
No... The superbowl is a championship game. It's not part of the playoffs.

Supreme hair-splitting; the NFL has brainwashed you. In reality it's still the playoffs to most people. ;) ;) ;)

I hope you don't fall for the same thing at starbucks, actually using those dumb names in lieu of small, medium and large. ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »
Your post sums up my argument Nickey. The ravens got away with mugging people all game , you say if there was holding the refs would have called it, yet when the refs call a clear foul its out of line and changing the game.

You say the refs are making the right calls the whole game , yet when they make a clear cut call that screws the ravens, they are changing the game and slanting things for the pats. It couldn't be that the ravens got away with holding until it was so redic the refs said enough is enough. You get some lee way to a point. You start abusing it, you are going to get flagged. You question why the refs would not call offensive pi on the hail mary play , yet say if the ravens where mugging guys it would have been called.

I just showed you clear cut video evidence that the hold that was called was infact a hold. But now its different.

The 85 bears having 5 close games and one loss is "different" because the times where different? Guess what, it was easier to do what the pats are doing then.

The tactic the ravens used is nothing new. Look at the patriots ala 2001 vs the rams. The blueprint is nothing new.

reread my post, i said the opposite. if there was holding the entire game like you say the refs should have called it the entire game, not just in the endzone at the end of the game. My opinion would be the same if the regardless if it were the Pats or the Ravens..or the Fins for that matter.  and if the holding by the Ravens was sooo  blatantly ridiculous the league would certainly look into it. currently i dont think an investigation is pending.
 and who says you get some "lee way to a point"? as far as i know a penalty is a penalty no matter if its the first time of the third.
  and what does this mean? " Guess what, it was easier to do what the pats are doing then."