Author Topic: What the CIA Had to Destroy  (Read 2715 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
What the CIA Had to Destroy
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:39:54 PM »
So what was on those videotapes destroyed by the CIA? Let's put a face to it. Abu Zubaydah was captured in Pakistan in 2002 and, after being shot in the groin while trying to escape, was sent to recover in a CIA secret prison. He would be the first of the CIA's many "ghost prisoners"—and also the first to test the value of what the president has often described as an "alternative set of [interrogation] procedures . . . that are safe and necessary."
As described by Ron Suskind in The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11 , Zubaydah—held in an ice-cold cell—was denied medication for his wounds, threatened with death, prevented from sleeping, incessantly blasted with pounding rock music (by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, among others), and, at last, waterboarded. After 30 seconds of feeling that he was on the verge of drowning, he was more than eager to answer any questions.

In a September 6, 2006, speech, George W. Bush triumphantly called Zubaydah "one of the top operatives plotting and planning death and destruction on the United States." After the application of those "alternative" interrogation procedures, which the president described as "designed to . . . comply with our laws, our Constitution, and our treaty obligations, [and which] the Department of Justice reviewed extensively and determined to be lawful," the detainee "disclosed Khalid Sheikh Mohammed [to be] the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks" and "also provided information that helped stop a terrorist attack being planned for inside the United States."

cont... http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0803,hentoff,78870,6.html

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: What the CIA Had to Destroy
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
So what was on those videotapes destroyed by the CIA? Let's put a face to it. Abu Zubaydah was captured in Pakistan in 2002 and, after being shot in the groin while trying to escape, was sent to recover in a CIA secret prison. He would be the first of the CIA's many "ghost prisoners"—and also the first to test the value of what the president has often described as an "alternative set of [interrogation] procedures . . . that are safe and necessary."
As described by Ron Suskind in The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11 , Zubaydah—held in an ice-cold cell—was denied medication for his wounds, threatened with death, prevented from sleeping, incessantly blasted with pounding rock music (by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, among others), and, at last, waterboarded. After 30 seconds of feeling that he was on the verge of drowning, he was more than eager to answer any questions.

In a September 6, 2006, speech, George W. Bush triumphantly called Zubaydah "one of the top operatives plotting and planning death and destruction on the United States." After the application of those "alternative" interrogation procedures, which the president described as "designed to . . . comply with our laws, our Constitution, and our treaty obligations, [and which] the Department of Justice reviewed extensively and determined to be lawful," the detainee "disclosed Khalid Sheikh Mohammed [to be] the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks" and "also provided information that helped stop a terrorist attack being planned for inside the United States."

cont... http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0803,hentoff,78870,6.html

DAMN! I would love to be tortured with rhcp's music, one of the best bands ever. Thats not torture but a gift!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:51:20 PM »
I fail to see the problem.... ::)
L

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »

me too! it seems like its not torture but pleasure

rhcp > getbig

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

As usual.   ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:03:09 PM »
classic

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
classic

Please change the video in your avatar, my balls may explode. Thank you.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 08:09:40 PM »
classic

Do you have a video of ripitupbaby that could replace the one @ your avatar?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:55 PM »
I wonder if we did stuff like this during WW2 to captured Japanese  and German officers?

I don't think we did.

IF this is ALL true, it is very disturbing to me.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »
I wonder if we did stuff like this during WW2 to captured Japanese  and German officers?

I don't think we did.

IF this is ALL true, it is very disturbing to me.

Japs would have deserved it (and even more). You are forgetting the rape of Nanjing.

You shouldnt be disturbed, people die everyday, the strong survive, same happens in the jungle.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »
Please change the video in your avatar, my balls may explode. Thank you.
;D Happy to lend a helping avatar

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »
Japs would have deserved it (and even more). You are forgetting the rape of Nanjing.

You shouldnt be disturbed, people die everyday, the strong survive, same happens in the jungle.
My mother was born in one of the Japanese internment camps, that is all  :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »

What Japs?   the Japs who were guilty of war crimes in Nanking or the Japs who had nothing to do with it?

It's disturbing that we stick a wounded guy in a cell without medical treatment, of course if that's true.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »
My mother was born in one of the Japanese internment camps, that is all  :)

elaborate moar

What Japs?   the Japs who were guilty of war crimes in Nanking or the Japs who had nothing to with it?

It's disturbing that we stick a wounded guy in a cell without medical treatment, of course if that's true.

Disturbing? its WAR man, stop crying ffs. Shit happens, theres nothing you can do, go out and have a beer, look at the sky and pray to good that you are not the next one who is going to die.

easy!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »
elaborate moar

Disturbing? its WAR man, stop crying ffs. Shit happens, theres nothing you can do, go out and have a beer, look at the sky and pray to good that you are not the next one who is going to die.

easy!

Sorry, I am not willing to dismiss my humanity all becuase it's war.  I'm not willing to killing or harm innocent people becuase it's war.

Perhaps that works for you.  You like other innocent people to suffer for someone else's actions.

That's not what America is about.  Maybe for you.  I am well aware of the atrocities committed by the Japanese.  My Great Grandmother used to tell me about it as she experienced much of it first hand.  But the minute i harm an innocent person in response to it, i am no better than your garden variety terrorist and neither are you.  Dismissing it as "war" is a pathetic cowardly cop out.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »
Sorry, I am not willing to dismiss my humanity all becuase it's war.  I'm willing to killing or harm innocent people becuase it's war.

Perhaps that works for you.  You like other innocent people to suffer for someone else's actions.

That's not what America is about.  Maybe for you.  I am well aware of the atrocities committed by the Japanese.  My Great Grandmother used to tell me about it as she experienced much of it first hand.  But the minute i harm an innocent person in response to it, i am no better than your garden variety terrorist and neither are you.  Dismissing it as "war" is a pathetic cowardly cop out.

Your humanity? Thanks to people with your "humanity", terrorists were able to fly 2 boeings into wtc, killing thousands of innocent people. Nice humanity "0zm0"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
Sorry, I am not willing to dismiss my humanity all becuase it's war.  I'm not willing to killing or harm innocent people becuase it's war.

Good answer.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:05 PM »
Your humanity? Thanks to people with your "humanity", terrorists were able to fly 2 boeings into wtc, killing thousands of innocent people. Nice humanity "0zm0"
are you serious or is this your best neocon answer :-\

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »

So becuase I'm unwilling to kill innocent people, 2 planes were slammed into the WTC's?  ::)

Man, you should get an award for being a great example of warped thinking or at the very least a poster boy for hate propaganda.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »
Somewhere, becuase of 9/11 America lost it's identity.   :'(

In a way, the terrorists have a victory in that.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
So becuase I'm unwilling to kill innocent people, 2 planes were slammed into the WTC's?  ::)

Man, you should get an award for being a great example of warped thinking or at the very least a poster boy for hate propaganda.

Go and feed some terrorists, give them medication and see them a year after flying a huge boeing 777 into your home.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »
Go and feed some terrorists, give them medication and see them a year after flying a huge boeing 777 into your home.

Oh, so now we are switching to me feeding terrorists?  How did we get from not wanting to kill innocent people to me feeding terrorist?  You are probably one of those staunch drones who actually believe anyone who doesn't want kill innocent people as a means to an end in war actually really just wants to appease the aggressors(terrorists). 

Too stupid to differentiate doing the right thing from the doing the needed thing.

Do you wear an arm band?

Are you really this dimwitted? 

The sad thing about people as stupid as you is that you'll never beable to see just how stupid you are. 

You will always and forever be someone's tool.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »
Oh, so now we are switching to me feeding terrorists?  How did we get from not wanting to kill innocent people to me feeding terrorist?  You are probably one of those staunch drones who actually believe anyone who doesn't want kill innocent people as a means to an end in war actually really just wants to appease the aggressors(terrorists). 

Too stupid to differentiate doing the right thing from the doing the needed thing.

Do you wear an arm band?

Are you really this dimwitted? 

The sad thing about people as stupid as you is that you'll never beable to see just how stupid you are. 

You will always and forever be someone's tool.

At least im not training myself with ms-flight simulator to kill innocent people (maybe you are, right?)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »

I think theres a terrorist up your arse, see if you can flush him out with your fist.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »
At least im not training myself with ms-flight simulator to kill innocent people (maybe you are, right?)

I rest my case.