Author Topic: Present Economy worse than Depression, & the economy during the US Revolution  (Read 1539 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
10/21/08: PBS NEWS HOUR Interview with Nassim Nicholas Taleb, famous economist and author of "The Black Swan" and Dr. Mandelbrot, professor of Mathematics. Both say that the present economy more serious than the Great Depression, and the economy during the American Revolution.

Fuck  >:(

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Awesome, thanks.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Personally I was feeling the pain a lot more immediately post-9/11, as I was without a job for a solid year.  I work in IT and I sent out well over 500 resumes during that time.  I even canvassed door-to-door at area businesses.  There's a place in Provo, UT where the old WordPerfect offices were, now it's a business park--the place was like a ghost town back then.  It was almost spooky.

So from where I'm at, I'm not seeing it looking as bad as it was then.  But hey, just sayin, that's just me.

I work for a software co in Park City (we make financial software) and we're conservatively projecting a roughly 25% increase in revenue for 2009, even given the current financial climate.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Hardcore.
I hate the State.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

Nassim Nicholas Taleb angry with economists. The interviewer was just a journalist clueless about his ideas but he got them across anyway by ignoring her questions

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
More hardcore.

lol

had a feeling you were going to say this

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
lol

had a feeling you were going to say this

Post one more and I will say something else...
I hate the State.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.