Author Topic: Re-discovering the awesomeness of American Psycho  (Read 8358 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re-discovering the awesomeness of American Psycho
« on: December 30, 2016, 06:50:52 AM »
I decided to end 2016 the right way. I watched the classic film that parallels GetBig in many ways. Insecurity, jealousy, fitness, obsession with image, drug usage, confusion, materialism, view of women, humor, deception, living in an alternate reality,  pretending to be somebody else, night clubs, obsession with diet, delusions of violent behavior, ect...

all within 2 hours

Simple Simon

Re: Re-discovering the awesomeness of American Psycho
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:52:02 AM »
book is 10 times the film ever was....

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:52:56 AM »
oh, and by the way, Patrick didnt kill anyone, it was all in his mind....

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 06:57:24 AM »
Bale was in impressive shape for the role

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 07:12:01 AM »

Agree 100%.  Caught the film by accident the first time at the business card scene and was hooked.  Then bought the book which was incredible and much better (even though the film was great)
T

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »
 :)

I live in a Trailer Park 1 mile west of the Florida Turnpike. My name is Shizzo. I'm 37 years old. I am total slob, with a diet of hot pockets and a lack of rigorous exercise. In the morning, my face is as usual a little puffy from drinking too much and posting the night before, so I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do about five now. After I remove the ice pack, I have a couple of shots of Vodka. In the shower, I use hand soap I stole from a local garage washroom.Then I scrub the nicotine stains off my fingers with the same brush I use to brush my tooth. And then I apply the vagisal to my sore anus. After my shower I log onto GetBig for the first time of many today while I prepare the rest of my routine which will consist of drinking, posting, and pestering Ron to make me a mod.I frown and panic as I notice I only got one response and 8 views to my latest thread complaining about Gimmicks. There is an idea of a Shizzo, as some kind of joke, but there is no real Shizzo. Only an online persona, something illusory, no matter how hard and pathetically I try. And though I can hide my lack of a life beyond GetBig, and you can alter my posts, and  feel pity that I will go to any lengths to get attention even sucking a cock and maybe you can even sense relief our life styles are probably Not comparable, I simply am not all there.
"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »

I live in a Trailer Park 1 mile west of the Florida Turnpike. My name is Shizzo. I'm 37 years old. I am total slob, with a diet of hot pockets and a lack of rigorous exercise. In the morning, my face is as usual a little puffy from drinking too much and posting the night before, so I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do about five now. After I remove the ice pack, I have a couple of shots of Vodka. In the shower, I use hand soap I stole from a local garage washroom.Then I scrub the nicotine stains off my fingers with the same brush I use to brush my tooth. And then I apply the vagisal to my sore anus. After my shower I log onto GetBig for the first time of many today while I prepare the rest of my routine which will consist of drinking, posting, and pestering Ron to make me a mod.I frown and panic as I notice I only got one response and 8 views to my latest thread complaining about Gimmicks. There is an idea of a Shizzo, as some kind of joke, but there is no real Shizzo. Only an online persona, something illusory, no matter how hard and pathetically I try. And though I can hide my lack of a life beyond GetBig, and you can alter my posts, and  feel pity that I will go to any lengths to get attention even sucking a cock and maybe you can even sense relief our life styles are probably Not comparable, I simply am not all there.
Just laughed until I cried dude!!   LOL  :)

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 08:07:15 AM »

This.
Sad how people dont realise how most good movies are book adaptation. And most of the time the books are a hundred times better.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »

I live in a Trailer Park 1 mile west of the Florida Turnpike. My name is Shizzo. I'm 37 years old. I am total slob, with a diet of hot pockets and a lack of rigorous exercise. In the morning, my face is as usual a little puffy from drinking too much and posting the night before, so I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do about five now. After I remove the ice pack, I have a couple of shots of Vodka. In the shower, I use hand soap I stole from a local garage washroom.Then I scrub the nicotine stains off my fingers with the same brush I use to brush my tooth. And then I apply the vagisal to my sore anus. After my shower I log onto GetBig for the first time of many today while I prepare the rest of my routine which will consist of drinking, posting, and pestering Ron to make me a mod.I frown and panic as I notice I only got one response and 8 views to my latest thread complaining about Gimmicks. There is an idea of a Shizzo, as some kind of joke, but there is no real Shizzo. Only an online persona, something illusory, no matter how hard and pathetically I try. And though I can hide my lack of a life beyond GetBig, and you can alter my posts, and  feel pity that I will go to any lengths to get attention even sucking a cock and maybe you can even sense relief our life styles are probably Not comparable, I simply am not all there.

That was great

5 crunches  ;D

"Brush my tooth" LOL

Macrofitter

• Getbig III
  • Dropping Plates looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »

Absolutely.

Still, Christian Bales performance as Bateman was outstanding.

Macrofitter

• Getbig III
  • Dropping Plates looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 08:31:43 AM »
The audiobook is pretty good as well

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »
ive seen the film
ive read the book
book isnt 10 times better. stop talking shit.

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 09:17:07 AM »
oh, and by the way, Patrick didnt kill anyone, it was all in his mind....

anyone else have an opinion as to the story?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 09:18:59 AM »

only that youre wrong, he did kill em all, and then some

lets not forget the movie american psycho 2 or the fact that bateman is related to norman bates and also has a cameo in fight club.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »

I have not read the book, but I do agree that he didn't kill anyone. He wanted to kill them, but it was only a wishful desire. He didn't actually do it.

I'm not even sure if Patrick Bateman's name was actually Patrick Bateman. I noticed that people were confusing Patrick with other people... calling him by a different name.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 10:02:15 AM »
I have not read the book, but I do agree that he didn't kill anyone. He wanted to kill them, but it was only a wishful desire. He didn't actually do it.

I'm not even sure if Patrick Bateman's name was actually Patrick Bateman. I noticed that people were confusing Patrick with other people... calling him by a different name.

maybe his name was patrick piana and the killing he did was when he killed it at the gym

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 10:06:17 AM »
only that youre wrong, he did kill em all, and then some

lets not forget the movie american psycho 2 or the fact that bateman is related to norman bates and also has a cameo in fight club.

OK what evidence do you have that he killed anyone?

Oh and pat Bateman first appeared in Brets book "Rules of Attraction"

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 11:45:24 AM »
Love the movie. I've never read the book because of a "rat tunnel episode" a friend told me about... but more often than not the written work is vastly superior to the "visualized" material due to making use of our "innate cinema".
I would love to live like Bateman does - despite everything being expensive/exclusive it's nonetheless laughable. The tragedy of existence.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 11:50:19 AM »
OK what evidence do you have that he killed anyone?

Oh and pat Bateman first appeared in Brets book "Rules of Attraction"

i assume the writer is smart enough to figure out that there will be full of smart asses that will claim they got it and needs to tell everybody else about it who might not have gotten it, in order to appear smart, and knowing this, he spins it.

kills > doesnt kill > really did kill.

these type of people are the same ones that need to tell everybody how they got inception and every other movie under the sun.

and of course, the same type of tiresome smart asses need to say that the book is 10 times better.

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 11:51:40 AM »

That's excellent!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 05:38:56 PM »
I watched it last night. Great movie.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 06:06:10 PM »

It is but Ellis  nauseates me with his long winded descriptions of shit.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »

lolz

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »
Love the movie. I've never read the book because of a "rat tunnel episode" a friend told me about... but more often than not the written work is vastly superior to the "visualized" material due to making use of our "innate cinema".
I would love to live like Bateman does - despite everything being expensive/exclusive it's nonetheless laughable. The tragedy of existence.

America Psycho....Really means The American Dream...

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »
It is but Ellis  nauseates me with his long winded descriptions of shit.

Each to their own but I think the book would be considerably less good if the long winded descriptions of shit were omitted.  They are part of the character that is Patrick Bateman. 

As for anybody who has not read it - it is much more bloodthirsty.  A lot more Jeffrey Dahmer.