Author Topic: How many have benched 405?  (Read 9135 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: How many have benched 405?
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2006, 08:32:25 AM »
I did 225 for 12, 275 for only 4 and then went for it. No go. :-\ My 365 10 days ago was 3 good ones and an assisted 4th.

Let me put it this way:

If your lifts are legit, then, with some training targeted at performance in benchpress contests, you could in a year or so lift with the best of the world in your weightclass.

If you try a benchpress training layout, you should be able to do a raw 1RM with over 420 lbs within a year.

And with a shirt, getting close to or over a 500 lbs benchpress inside the year.

Your lifts border on the ridiculous. Especially since you don't train specifically for benchpress.

I know that one of the guys on the Japanese National benchpress team, weighing 175 lbs, benchpressed 405 lbs raw and 530 lbs with a shirt.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2006, 08:37:10 AM »
Let me put it this way:

If your lifts are legit, then, with some training targeted at performance in benchpress contests, you could in a year or so lift with the best of the world in your weightclass.

If you try a benchpress training layout, you should be able to do a raw 1RM with over 420 lbs within a year.

And with a shirt, getting close to or over a 500 lbs benchpress inside the year.

Your lifts border on the ridiculous. Especially since you don't train specifically for benchpress.

I know that one of the guys on the Japanese National benchpress team, weighing 175 lbs, benchpressed 405 lbs raw and 530 lbs with a shirt.

YIP
Zack

My lifts are touch and go obviously, but I don't wrap my elbows and I think wearing a bench shirt is stupid.
E

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2006, 08:43:34 AM »
i'm with you there man...but hedge and a few others here have provided some outstanding advice that got me where i am today...

but shirted i don't really see the point...but most would say the same about me and my lifts and being on.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2006, 08:48:09 AM »
i'm with you there man...but hedge and a few others here have provided some outstanding advice that got me where i am today...

but shirted i don't really see the point...but most would say the same about me and my lifts and being on.

I'll listen to Hedge on the PL board. But I have ZERO interest in entering a contest. You never can have too much knowledge though.
E

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2006, 11:46:03 AM »

if you ever get the chance you should try a shirt...i used to feel the same way, i thought bench shirts were stupid. then i tried one on and was 2 board pressing 80 pounds over my max within a few months. it's addicting as hell man...doing a full press with one is actually very difficult. you can't just put it on and get 100 pounds. you have to learn how to "use" the shirt and find the sweet spot.

it's sort of like using nitrous oxide on a drag car...some think it is stupid and cheating but if you are racing other cars with nitrous it's all fair in the game.

doing lockouts in a shirt has made my RAW bench skyrocket, my triceps have grown so much in only a year of using a shirt. my triceps have gained a load of strength as well because of this and benching is alot of triceps..you are making your body handle alot more weight than it is used to. i don't care what people say, the shirt does not lift the weight for you. it takes alot of practice and patience to get it right.

you are almost as strong as me in the RAW bench so you could be doing lockouts with 545 very quickly...i was taught by the best in the business and i love it! i only use a base model Titan F6 single ply, nothing fancy at all...

Sarcasm - i really hope you find a life one day instead of spending your day attemping to bring others better than you down, shit i don't even log on at home, only at work when i have some free time. you are a sad man and sometimes i wonder if you have ever been laid. i hope you find peace and humble yourself one day...good luck. if you are ever in houston send me a PM and you can meet me at tiny meekers gym. i'd really enjoy training with you...you have posted some good information in the past. maybe you should inform instead of insult?

8)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2006, 06:41:55 AM »

now we're talking  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »