Author Topic: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting  (Read 210951 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
Quite the choir boy.

George Zimmerman's Lawyer Wants Jurors To See Photos Of Handgun, Pot Plants Found On Trayvon Martin's Cell Phone

In a bid to muddy up Trayvon Martin in advance of trial, a lawyer for George Zimmerman has released photos of a handgun and marijuana plants that were found on the late teenager’s cell phone.

In a court filing today, attorney Mark O’Mara listed documents and images he “intends to introduce into evidence” during the criminal case against Zimmerman, who has been charged with murdering Martin. The 17-year-old was shot to death in February 2012 by Zimmerman (who claims that he fired in self-defense while being attacked by the unarmed teenager).

Included in the photos that O’Mara says he wants jurors to see are two images extracted from Martin’s Huawei phone showing a Smith & Wesson handgun and clip. In one photo (seen above) the weapon appears to be held by the person who snapped the photo. The second photo shows the gun and clip atop what appears to be a soiled mattress.

Two other photos from Martin’s phone show potted marijuana plants.

O’Mara has also notified Florida prosecutors that he will try to introduce text messages from Martin’s phone. Those messages include exchanges dealing with Martin’s suspension from school for fighting and his mother’s decision that he needed to move in with his father (from whom she was divorced). “My mom just told me i gotta mov wit my dad,” read one November 2011 message that was followed up with a text noting, “She just kickd me out : (.”

Other texts on Martin’s phone appear to refer to his use of marijuana and the offer of a gun.

Days before Martin was killed, his father sent a text with advice about how his son should behave and show respect. “Show them that you a good kid and you want positive things around you. Be a big brother and not a DONKEY …… LOVE DAD.”

O’Mara also wants to introduce several photos of Martin, including one image (seen below) showing him giving two middle fingers to the camera.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/Trayvon-Martin-evidence-photos-679832

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
Pretty safe to assume that if Tray was armed, Zimm would be the one fatally shot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »
Pretty safe to assume that if Tray was armed, Zimm would be the one fatally shot.

safe to say he'd probably have been justified.

if a fat armed man chases me for two blocks at night, i doubt it's tea and crumpets time when he cuts through the yard and intercepts me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »
Suspended from school for fighting just twelve days before he beat the crap out of Zimmerman.  Uh, yeah . . . .

In one of the text conversations, sent 12 days before his death, Martin tells a friend he has been suspended from school for fighting.

"Why you not in school?" a text he receives asks.

"Suspended."

"I thought you was going out with ur friend," the reply says.

"Naw my ol g say she dont want me home caus she think ima get in mo trouble," he texts back.

Martin's texts also indicate he may have been curious about guns.

"U gotta gun?" reads a text from Martin's phone, sent on Feb. 18, 2012, to a friend of his who was on the phone with him on the night of the shooting.

"You want a 22 revolver" asks someone in a text he receives that day.

Three days later, Martin mentioned a caliber of gun while asking a friend in another text, "U wanna share a .380 w.[redacted]?"

Other texts released allude to problems Martin was having at home and with authorities.

"My mom just told me i gotta mov wit my dad," says one from Nov. 22, 2011. "She just kickd me out."

Later that day, a text says, "Da police caught me outta skool."

Marijuana references are scattered throughout the texts. Some of the newly released photos show Martin blowing smoke and what appear to be marijuana plants.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/23/18449794-zimmerman-defense-releases-texts-about-guns-fighting-from-trayvon-martins-phone?lite

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:21:47 PM »
Quite the choir boy.

George Zimmerman's Lawyer Wants Jurors To See Photos Of Handgun, Pot Plants Found On Trayvon Martin's Cell Phone

In a bid to muddy up Trayvon Martin in advance of trial, a lawyer for George Zimmerman has released photos of a handgun and marijuana plants that were found on the late teenager’s cell phone.

In a court filing today, attorney Mark O’Mara listed documents and images he “intends to introduce into evidence” during the criminal case against Zimmerman, who has been charged with murdering Martin. The 17-year-old was shot to death in February 2012 by Zimmerman (who claims that he fired in self-defense while being attacked by the unarmed teenager).

Included in the photos that O’Mara says he wants jurors to see are two images extracted from Martin’s Huawei phone showing a Smith & Wesson handgun and clip. In one photo (seen above) the weapon appears to be held by the person who snapped the photo. The second photo shows the gun and clip atop what appears to be a soiled mattress.

Two other photos from Martin’s phone show potted marijuana plants.

O’Mara has also notified Florida prosecutors that he will try to introduce text messages from Martin’s phone. Those messages include exchanges dealing with Martin’s suspension from school for fighting and his mother’s decision that he needed to move in with his father (from whom she was divorced). “My mom just told me i gotta mov wit my dad,” read one November 2011 message that was followed up with a text noting, “She just kickd me out : (.”

Other texts on Martin’s phone appear to refer to his use of marijuana and the offer of a gun.

Days before Martin was killed, his father sent a text with advice about how his son should behave and show respect. “Show them that you a good kid and you want positive things around you. Be a big brother and not a DONKEY …… LOVE DAD.”

O’Mara also wants to introduce several photos of Martin, including one image (seen below) showing him giving two middle fingers to the camera.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/Trayvon-Martin-evidence-photos-679832

Yea, not a great guy, but I'm not sure what any of it has to do with what went down that night.  Maybe it establishes a pattern of violence, I'm not sure?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »
The point is that the prosecution wants to introduce evidence gleamed from the cell phone which helps their case and (I haven't been paying very close attention to this case) in all likelihood, they want to cast negative aspersions on Zimmermans character.

Unless the judge is a total shitbag, the jury will probably end up being exposed to both sides of the coin. I think the prosecution made a huge mistake here. Once the door is opened to character testimony about Zimmerman, the same can be thrown back at the jury about Martin.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »

Yea, not a great guy, but I'm not sure what any of it has to do with what went down that night.  Maybe it establishes a pattern of violence, I'm not sure?

Zimmerman thought the kid looked suspicisous.  Thought he looked like he was on drugs.  Turns out, the kid was on drugs, had recently been suspended for fighting, had also been in trouble for carrying burglery tools.  I think it's all part of the narrative and tends to support Zimmerman's story.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »
Trayvon was on a path to destruction regardless.   Zimm did everyone a favor.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 08:10:11 PM »
Was he on drugs THAT night?  Was he under the influence of anything when this happened?  What did the toxicology report say?   When did Zimm receive training on how to spot and determine someone on drugs?  From a distance?  In the dark?

^^ Empty bullshit that the defense will shred in a microsecond.

That being said I have to agree that Tray was not a model citizen and certainly did not appear to be making any effort to get off the path he was on.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
Trayvon could be posing with a missle launcher and a machete....doesn't make a difference.  He was not armed that night and wasn't committing any crimes.  

Judge always ruled the pictures inadmissible as it doesn't pertain to the case.  Its also never a good idea to go after the victim in the trial...people don't like that no matter who the person was.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »
if a fat armed man chases me for two blocks at night, i doubt it's tea and crumpets time when he cuts through the yard and intercepts me.

You know that's complete bullshit, every time you said it...

You would have stopped and talked to him just like any decent person.  At the very least, you would have ignored him and walked on.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
Trayvon could be posing with a missle launcher and a machete....doesn't make a difference.  He was armed that night and wasn't committing any crimes. 

Judge always ruled the pictures inadmissible as it doesn't pertain to the case.  Its also never a good idea to go after the victim in the trial...people don't like that no matter who the person was.

I was unaware that Trayvon was armed.  Or was this a typo?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »
I was unaware that Trayvon was armed.  Or was this a typo?

typo...just had an Ice Tea and some Skittles
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »
You know that's complete bullshit, every time you said it...

You would have stopped and talked to him just like any decent person.  At the very least, you would have ignored him and walked on.

I disagree.  If someone is just running at me in an aggressive manner, i fear for my life.  i draw weapon as I anticipate a pretty big threat - if I have fled two blocks in night and he's still chasing me.

"What do you want, man" is a nice chance for him to blast me.

Drawing my weapon, pointing down but ready to end a serious threat is what I would do.   I mean, a grown man chasing me two blocks in middle of night is some scary ass shit.  NO WAY I choose to "ignore" him.   and if his hand is on the butt of a gun?  whew...

Maybe I'm just paranoid and other getbiggers would run two blocks then have a convo.  If I"m chased 2 blocks, I'm 'swinging fists, bricks, whatever i have.  This man didn't yell "stop, you forgot your wallet".   He is calling him punk, a-hole, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:46 PM »
Zimmerman thought the kid looked suspicisous.  Thought he looked like he was on drugs.  Turns out, the kid was on drugs, had recently been suspended for fighting, had also been in trouble for carrying burglery tools.  I think it's all part of the narrative and tends to support Zimmerman's story. 

A kid on drugs who wants a fight RUNS TWO BLOCKS to get away?   

So much for that theory.  And I didn't know mary jane turned people into mike tyson lol...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »

qft

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
if the prosecution did this - released zimm's cell records a few days before trial, pics that made him look evil...

well, I think we'd all be calling the prosecution desperate and shady ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 11:43:23 AM »
A kid on drugs who wants a fight RUNS TWO BLOCKS to get away?   

So much for that theory.  And I didn't know mary jane turned people into mike tyson lol...

Do you ever tell the truth?  I mean even just sometimes?   ::)

Where is the evidence that Martin ran two blocks to get away from Zimmerman?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »
Do you ever tell the truth?  I mean even just sometimes?   ::)

Where is the evidence that Martin ran two blocks to get away from Zimmerman?

trayvon found dead 2 blocks from front gate where zimm said he was initially.

zimm said he was running.

pretty cut and dry.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
trayvon found dead 2 blocks from front gate where zimm said he was initially.

zimm said he was running.

pretty cut and dry.

No it isn't.  You have no idea whether Martin was running two blocks, or whether he was running two blocks to get away from Zimmerman.  Stop making stuff up. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »
based off those pics...he deserved to die

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 01:04:09 AM »
No it isn't.  You have no idea whether Martin was running two blocks, or whether he was running two blocks to get away from Zimmerman.  Stop making stuff up. 

Zimm said he was walking at the front of the park.  Zimm was staring at him taking details, and on the phone and packing heat.  Trayvon ran.  There are all FACTS.

Which of those is made up?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 05:09:15 AM »
based off those pics...he deserved to die

Or be president one day.   Stark resemblence   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 07:32:12 AM »
I love the thread title haha.   I don't get how people who hate people like Trayvon so bad can defend a violent pervert like Zimmerman. 

Probably the same folks who were calling Nicole Brown a whore instead of calling out OJ for nearly decapitating her.  "Look, we totally found titty pics on her cell phone, and she used coke from time to time.  Nicole Brown - Sex, Drugs, Whoring about" would be a nice thread title for that one haha.