Author Topic: Niners  (Read 144063 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Niners
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2021, 03:26:55 AM »
Yep.

Deshaun Watson trade rumors: 'More than half the teams' have called about Texans quarterback, per report
It's more than just the quarterback-needy teams that are interested in Watson
By Jordan Dajani
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-more-than-half-the-teams-have-called-about-texans-quarterback-per-report/
The fact that 1/2 the teams are interested means a team will have to give up way too much to get him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2021, 06:35:48 PM »
The fact that 1/2 the teams are interested means a team will have to give up way too much to get him.

Perhaps.  But what is too much for a franchise QB that would make a team a Super Bowl contender? 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2021, 03:07:43 AM »
Perhaps.  But what is too much for a franchise QB that would make a team a Super Bowl contender?
He didn't make Houston a Super Bowl contender.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2021, 06:57:08 AM »
This.
And if you already have a good team, without a QB, you propably do not have the cap space for Watson.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2021, 10:31:08 AM »

No QB in the NFL would have made this year's Houston team a Super Bowl contender.  The issue is whether a team that already has the pieces to compete for a Super Bowl is just missing a QB.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2021, 11:07:18 AM »
No QB in the NFL would have made this year's Houston team a Super Bowl contender.  The issue is whether a team that already has the pieces to compete for a Super Bowl is just missing a QB.
What about last year and the year before that?  Tom Brady turned a losing team into an NFC champion in 1 year.  Houston bent over backwards making trades to satisfy Watson and it put them in a hole.  No smart team is giving what Houston is asking for Watson.

I hope Houston doesn't lose this battle because if he gets what he wants you will see QB's doing this every year when they aren't happy.  Houston has all the leverage on him.  If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2021, 02:07:31 PM »
What about last year and the year before that?  Tom Brady turned a losing team into an NFC champion in 1 year.  Houston bent over backwards making trades to satisfy Watson and it put them in a hole.  No smart team is giving what Houston is asking for Watson.

I hope Houston doesn't lose this battle because if he gets what he wants you will see QB's doing this every year when they aren't happy.  Houston has all the leverage on him.  If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid.

Houston hasn't had the pieces.  And for sure, the reason they didn't win was NOT because of Watson. 

How did they bend over backwards for Watson by trading away his best player?  Do you know how good DeAndre Hopkins is?  They essentially gave him to Arizona last year.  In spite of that, Watson had his best year ever. 

Brady went to a team with a good defense and some of the best skill position players in the NFL.  That's exactly what I'm talking about:  a team that is only missing a QB.  The Niners stunk this year because of injuries.  If they are healthy and you add a stud QB, they are definitely competing for a Super Bowl.   

I don't have a problem with NFL players using whatever leverage they have.  Most of their contracts are pretty worthless.  Lots of non-guaranteed money.  They get hosed all the time. 

I doubt my Niners will pull the trigger based on what I'm hearing the asking price is:  "2 ones, 2 twos and 2 young defensive starters, at the least."  If was in SF, I would give up the draft picks in a heartbeat, but not the two defensive starters, if those starters are named Nick Bosa and Fred Warner. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2021, 10:40:28 AM »
Houston made a stupid trade with Miami to get their left tackle.  There are a lot of teams with more problems than Houston.  It really doesn't matter, Watson isn't going anywhere unless some stupid team is willing to give a bunch of players and picks for him.  He will command more than Stafford and the Rams gave up 2 1st's and a 3rd for him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2021, 12:58:07 PM »
Houston made a stupid trade with Miami to get their left tackle.  There are a lot of teams with more problems than Houston.  It really doesn't matter, Watson isn't going anywhere unless some stupid team is willing to give a bunch of players and picks for him.  He will command more than Stafford and the Rams gave up 2 1st's and a 3rd for him.

There are a lot of lousy and mediocre teams in the NFL. 

Watson will definitely command more than Stafford because Watson is better and younger.  We shall see.  I hope whatever is going to happen (or not happen) is over soon, because I hate it when entitled, privileged 20-something-year-old kids consume so much space in my head.  lol

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2021, 04:14:59 AM »
There are a lot of lousy and mediocre teams in the NFL. 

Watson will definitely command more than Stafford because Watson is better and younger.  We shall see.  I hope whatever is going to happen (or not happen) is over soon, because I hate it when entitled, privileged 20-something-year-old kids consume so much space in my head.  lol
If you think they are consuming too much time in your head go to some college football team sites.  These guys spend hours watching film of high school teams and argue who is actually a real 5* player and who isn't.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2021, 11:32:09 AM »
If you think they are consuming too much time in your head go to some college football team sites.  These guys spend hours watching film of high school teams and argue who is actually a real 5* player and who isn't.

lol  Glad that's not my thing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2021, 09:27:12 PM »
Buy low! 

Texans QB Deshaun Watson facing four new lawsuits, bringing total to seven
Published: Mar 19, 2021
https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-facing-four-new-lawsuits-bringing-total-to-seven

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2021, 11:49:41 AM »
Buy low! 

Texans QB Deshaun Watson facing four new lawsuits, bringing total to seven
Published: Mar 19, 2021
https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-facing-four-new-lawsuits-bringing-total-to-seven
It's 12 now.  He is either a perv or he REALLY pissed off the Texan's owner by demanding a trade.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2021, 08:41:53 PM »
It's 12 now.  He is either a perv or he REALLY pissed off the Texan's owner by demanding a trade.

The list keeps growing, but I am very suspicious about all of this.  All of the women are "Jane Doe," but their lawyer is all over the media trashing Watson.  That is grossly unfair to him. 

I don't know if he is a perv, but the way they are handling this (and frankly all similar kinds of allegations) is just wrong. 

I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories, but there is no question these allegations have all but eliminated the possibility of any team giving up a king's ransom for him until this is resolved. 

In any event, here is a statement from his lawyer.  https://sports.yahoo.com/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-just-showcased-part-of-his-legal-defense-000124398.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2021, 03:19:41 AM »
The list keeps growing, but I am very suspicious about all of this.  All of the women are "Jane Doe," but their lawyer is all over the media trashing Watson.  That is grossly unfair to him. 

I don't know if he is a perv, but the way they are handling this (and frankly all similar kinds of allegations) is just wrong. 

I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories, but there is no question these allegations have all but eliminated the possibility of any team giving up a king's ransom for him until this is resolved. 

In any event, here is a statement from his lawyer.  https://sports.yahoo.com/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-just-showcased-part-of-his-legal-defense-000124398.html
I read that the lawyer representing the women lives on the same street as the Texans owner. :D  It would be a huge ballsy move for the owner though because if just one woman came forward and said she was coaxed by the owner into this he would lose his team.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2021, 08:05:17 PM »
I read that the lawyer representing the women lives on the same street as the Texans owner. :D  It would be a huge ballsy move for the owner though because if just one woman came forward and said she was coaxed by the owner into this he would lose his team.

Yeah I heard they were neighbors.   

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »
It's 16 woman now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2021, 09:08:59 PM »
It's 16 woman now.

Not surprised.  All unnamed.  There has essentially been a national call for women to come forward.  I wonder why none of them went to the police? 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2021, 04:52:02 AM »
Not surprised.  All unnamed.  There has essentially been a national call for women to come forward.  I wonder why none of them went to the police?
The police don't pay up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2021, 01:58:24 PM »
The police don't pay up.

Sad but true. 

Up to 24 unnamed accusers. 

Deshaun Watson lawsuits up to 14, with 24 accusers
Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2021
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-up-to-14-with-24-accusers/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2021, 02:00:07 PM »
On snap.   ;D

If all of the mocks are correct and the Jets take Justin Fields (EDIT:  I meant Zach Wilson), I hope the Niners draft Trey Lance.

49ers acquire No. 3 overall pick from Dolphins; Miami gets No. 12 pick, two future firsts
Published: Mar 26, 2021
Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer
https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-acquire-no-3-overall-pick-from-dolphins-miami-gets-no-12-pick-two-future-f?fbclid=IwAR2xv1Uc0p9u7jX2qqBZBL1wfxWqVnu1X_RML9Os_ZglCjhmsyyNXWTT6Ds

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2021, 03:23:25 AM »
On snap.   ;D

If all of the mocks are correct and the Jets take Justin Fields, I hope the Niners draft Trey Lance.

49ers acquire No. 3 overall pick from Dolphins; Miami gets No. 12 pick, two future firsts
Published: Mar 26, 2021
Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer
https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-acquire-no-3-overall-pick-from-dolphins-miami-gets-no-12-pick-two-future-f?fbclid=IwAR2xv1Uc0p9u7jX2qqBZBL1wfxWqVnu1X_RML9Os_ZglCjhmsyyNXWTT6Ds
Niners are definitely going QB.  Look for a trade sending Garoppolo to the Patriots soon.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2021, 01:15:37 PM »
Niners are definitely going QB.  Look for a trade sending Garoppolo to the Patriots soon.

I don't think they will trade Jimmy G unless NE or someone else offers a 1st round pick.  Not sure if that will happen. 

This is likely to be similar to what happened in KC with Alex Smith and Mahomes and Green Bay with Rodgers and Jordan Love. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2021, 01:17:49 PM »
I don't think they will trade Jimmy G unless NE or someone else offers a 1st round pick.  Not sure if that will happen. 

This is likely to be similar to what happened in KC with Alex Smith and Mahomes and Green Bay with Rodgers and Jordan Love.
Pretty sure NE will offer 1st rounder.  It's like dumping your ex girlfriend and being desperate to get her back.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2021, 06:46:14 PM »
Pretty sure NE will offer 1st rounder.  It's like dumping your ex girlfriend and being desperate to get her back.

I hope so.  Not sure Cam Newton is the answer.  But they did sign some good skill position players. 

I think NE likes Mac Jones, which is probably why both Shanahan and Lynch are both in Alabama tomorrow to watch Mac Jones throw.  Jedi mind trick trying to make NE think they will draft Mac Jones, leaving NE with all of the top 4 QBs gone by the time they draft at 15.