Author Topic: Dietary Fish Oil Upregulates Intestinal Lipid Metabolism and Reduces Body Weight  (Read 5658 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles

Dietary Fish Oil Upregulates Intestinal Lipid Metabolism and Reduces Body Weight Gain in C57BL/6J Mice1,2
Takuya Mori, Hidehiko Kondo*, Tadashi Hase, Ichiro Tokimitsu and Takatoshi Murase
Biological Science Laboratories, Kao Corporation, Akabane, Ichikai-machi, Haga-gun, Tochigi 321-3497, Japan

Fish oils (FO) rich in (n-3) PUFA exert hypolipidemic and antiobesity effects in association with modulated hepatic lipid metabolism. We recently demonstrated the possible involvement of intestinal lipid metabolism in the development of obesity. In this study, we examined the effect of FO ingestion on intestinal lipid metabolism in relation to obesity. When diet-induced obesity-prone C57BL/6J mice were fed an 8% FO, high-fat (30%) diet for 5 mo, body weight gain was significantly reduced compared with mice fed a 30% triacylglycerol (TG) diet without FO. In addition to modulating messenger RNA (mRNA) levels in the liver, FO ingestion for 2 wk affected the intestinal mRNA levels of lipid metabolism-related genes; those of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1a, cytochrome P450 4A10, and malic enzyme were significantly higher in mice fed the 8% FO diet compared with mice fed the 30% TG diet. Northern blot analysis revealed that the expression levels of most lipid metabolism-related genes in the small intestine of mice fed the 8% FO diet were comparable to those in the liver. Furthermore, reflecting the difference at the mRNA level, FO ingestion affected lipid metabolism-related enzyme activity; fatty acid ß-oxidation,  -oxidation, and malic enzyme activities in the small intestine of mice fed the 8% FO diet were 1.2-, 1.6-, and 1.7-fold those in mice fed the 30% TG diet, respectively. These findings suggest that an upregulation of intestinal lipid metabolism is associated with the antiobesity effect of FO.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/137/12/2629

I know, I know, it's a mouse study, but it's still good news...

:

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Thanks a lot!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
how many capsule (one gram) should we be taking per day>?

DK II

• Getbig V
I have 5 to 10 per day.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
i take two with every meal except the last meal before i go to bed....so on most days like 10-12 capsules.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
how many capsule (one gram) should we be taking per day>?

I take 10-15 grams a day.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
I take 10-15 grams a day.

exactly what i take. i usually buy higher source epa/dha though, and count that rather then amount of fish oil

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
You guys who are taking such large doses should look into a flavored liquid.  It would be much more economical.
:

DK II

• Getbig V
Flavored liquid fish oil????
How about eating more fish? ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
exactly what i take. i usually buy higher source epa/dha though, and count that rather then amount of fish oil

how much exactly?

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
You guys who are taking such large doses should look into a flavored liquid.  It would be much more economical.

Thanks Princess!! Great info (as always)
What flavored fish oil liquids have you seen? Sounds interesting.

O

DK II

• Getbig V

I wonder about that too, still no info...

chocolate flavored fish oil?  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

Bump for her highness...
When she has time, of course.
 ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
nutra sea orange flavored fish oil is probably the best company on the go right now. they have a high potency fish oil with 1.5 grams of epa and .5grams of dha per serving.

coltrane i would aim for around 3 grams epa and 1.5 to 2 grams of dha. this ratio changes based on health needs. for instance if you suffer from depression i would go higher on the dha as it has more mood promoting effects and look for 6 grams a day.

large doses of fish oil have psychiatric use, and they are usually helpful in refractive cases.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles

Most commonly I've seen the Carlson brand and NOW brand, but I know there's a lot more out there. Personally, the whole idea of drinking oil gags me, so I've never tried it.

:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Most commonly I've seen the Carlson brand and NOW brand, but I know there's a lot more out there. Personally, the whole idea of drinking oil gags me, so I've never tried it.

I'll pay the extra for the caps.  The generic supermarket brand is frequently on sale.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
I'll pay the extra for the caps.  The generic supermarket brand is frequently on sale.

Hey,
Where have you been hiding?
 :)

joelocal

This is a research site I've been on for a couple of years and subscribe too also I've been on the forums for about 8mos

www.lef.org

Necrosis

• Getbig V
This is a research site I've been on for a couple of years and subscribe too also I've been on the forums for about 8mos

www.lef.org

do you take what they say as gospel? isnt it faith? isnt science the enemy

joelocal

do you take what they say as gospel? isnt it faith? isnt science the enemy

Dude, I'm not one of wackob Christians who don't believe in doctors.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Dude, I'm not one of wackob Christians who don't believe in doctors.

So you're a wackjob christian who does believe in doctors?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Hey,
Where have you been hiding?
 :)

Thanks for noticing.  I will PM you.

lubawyb612

• Getbig II
I recently picked up a large amount of an EFA complex  bc it was insanley discounted. The sources are borage and flax. Im taking it with some fish oil a couple times a day.  Will these have the same benefit/helping with fat loss?

lubawyb612

• Getbig II
I recently picked up a large amount of an EFA complex  bc it was insanley discounted. The sources are borage and flax. Im taking it with some fish oil a couple times a day.  Will these have the same benefit/helping with fat loss?

anyone? really need some help with this one...thanx