Author Topic: The Origin of Life on Earth According to the Theory of Evolution  (Read 83894 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: The Origin of Life on Earth According to the Theory of Evolution
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2008, 09:50:57 PM »
www.tim-thompson.com/young-earth.html
this one has good points

www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.html

www.ayoungearth.com/ - If you go to references on this site you will see tons of people with PHd's, since all you guys seem to care about ios whether tehy are educated or nmot and they certainly are.

Thousands more yet, and this topic is becomeing more main stream, and its just going to get bigger and bigger. I garuntee you that the average person won't be easily as convinced at your silly theory anymore.
thank you sir i will do my reading...what is your take on why there is evil?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »
thank you sir i will do my reading...what is your take on why there is evil?
Actually thank you for taking the subject seriously. I believe evil is a spiritual being (the devil) and it exist because when God made him he gave him freedom to be evil in the same way we have the freedom to do good or bad. The devil clearly lives in a different dimension (one that we cannot fully comprehend) and he is free to enter the hearts of humans if they allow him in. People ask if God loves us why does he allow horrible things to occur in this world, I asnwere this question by asking people if they love thier child. When they say they do, then I ask why did they bring him or her into this world knowing that he or she is going to suffer severely. See God is not at fault for allowing pain to occur just like I am not at fault for letting my son into this world of pain. God has shown us the way through scripture on how to be good and how not to let evil into our lives, but he doesn't restrict our freedom of choice.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2008, 01:21:36 AM »
www.tim-thompson.com/young-earth.html
this one has good points

www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.html

www.ayoungearth.com/ - If you go to references on this site you will see tons of people with PHd's, since all you guys seem to care about ios whether tehy are educated or nmot and they certainly are.

Thousands more yet, and this topic is becomeing more main stream, and its just going to get bigger and bigger. I garuntee you that the average person won't be easily as convinced at your silly theory anymore.

Is English your mother tongue?! :o
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2008, 06:42:33 AM »
I asked usmoke for scripture references for this:

if you dont worship [God] you will burn forever in torment,

usmoke, could you please state the scripture(s) to which you are referring regarding this statment?

Here you go Stella, one of the many 'hellfire' statements in the NT;

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Fear the Canaanite storm god because he can not only kill you but send you into everlasting torment... ::)

The scripture you referenced doesn't cover what I asked.  Do you have one that does?
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2008, 06:46:06 AM »
Is English your mother tongue?! :o
We realize you're an English teacher but people tend to make typos, misspellings and grammatical errors on message boards.....even you.

Seriously, it's OK.  Don't let it bother you so much! :) 
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2008, 07:16:40 AM »
We realize you're an English teacher but people tend to make typos, misspellings and grammatical errors on message boards.....even you.

Seriously, it's OK.  Don't let it bother you so much! :) 

Onetimehard seems to have mastered this skill to a far greater extent than all the rest of us.
I hate the State.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2008, 07:29:04 AM »
What is the scientific explanation for how life began according to the theory of evolution? 

And you ask this question on GB? A quick Google search got me:

http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/

Besides, everyone knows a super hero did it in 6 days.... ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
I asked usmoke for scripture references for this:

The scripture you referenced doesn't cover what I asked.  Do you have one that does?

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I personally think you will continually twist it to say what you want it to say Stella but here it is again; the righteous (worshipful) have eternal life and the unworshipful shall go away into everlasting torment; in other words your deity's offer in nonnegotiable.

Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

The chaff consists of the atheists, the Hindus and all the other nonbelievers. This is quite clear.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Don't believe in Jesus and incur his 'wrath'. Sounds like fun.

John  15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned

Clearly if we do not abide in Jesus we will burn. I can keep on doing this all day.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:  1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power

Flaming fire, vengeance, everlasting destruction; damn, sounds like a real party.

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Fire on the day of judgement for the ungodly.

Etc....like I said, your deity's offer is nonnegotiable. I feel sorry for people who actually believe this silliness, living their lives in terror of the possibility of eternal fire and gnashing of teeth...

I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »
Actually thank you for taking the subject seriously. I believe evil is a spiritual being (the devil) and it exist because when God made him he gave him freedom to be evil in the same way we have the freedom to do good or bad. The devil clearly lives in a different dimension (one that we cannot fully comprehend) and he is free to enter the hearts of humans if they allow him in. People ask if God loves us why does he allow horrible things to occur in this world, I asnwere this question by asking people if they love thier child. When they say they do, then I ask why did they bring him or her into this world knowing that he or she is going to suffer severely. See God is not at fault for allowing pain to occur just like I am not at fault for letting my son into this world of pain. God has shown us the way through scripture on how to be good and how not to let evil into our lives, but he doesn't restrict our freedom of choice.
heres my problem with that...God is all good, right? and in being all good does not have the capacity for evil in him. God is also all powerful, right? and in being all powerful has the ability to do anything. This means that whatever God lays his hand to would be good regardless of being given freewill b/c God is all powerful and all good. Logically for a being to be capable of evil while being created by a being that is all good and all powerful the being doing the creating must either be not all good or not all powerful.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:20 AM »

I personally think you will continually twist it to say what you want it to say Stella but here it is again; the righteous (worshipful) have eternal life and the unworshipful shall go away into everlasting torment; in other words your deity's offer in nonnegotiable.

I think the above explains why you are confused at what I am requesting.

It looks as though you may think that righteous = worshipful.

According to the bible a person is made righteous by God's grace and nothing that we do.  ("You are saved by Grace through faith and not of works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2:8,9)

The moment a person becomes a believer they become "righteous."  If a person is a believer, it follows they would worship God at some point...eventually or immediately, but worshipping or being "worshipful" does not save them.

There are people that worship other people or things or themselves.  This does not make a person righteous. 

So I see becoming "righteous" as a gift of God...it is something we cannot attain or sustain.

I hope that's not too confusing :-\

if you dont worship him you will burn forever in torment,

So can you see why the other scriptures you have posted also do not cover this statement for me?

I think it could because you and I have different definitions of righteousness and worship.

R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
I think the above explains why you are confused at what I am requesting.

It looks as though you may think that righteous = worshipful.

According to the bible a person is made righteous by God's grace and nothing that we do.  ("You are saved by Grace through faith and not of works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2:8,9)

The moment a person becomes a believer they become "righteous."  If a person is a believer, it follows they would worship God at some point...eventually or immediately, but worshipping or being "worshipful" does not save them.

There are people that worship other people or things or themselves.  This does not make a person righteous. 

So I see becoming "righteous" as a gift of God...it is something we cannot attain or sustain.

I hope that's not too confusing :-\

So can you see why the other scriptures you have posted also do not cover this statement for me?

I think it could because you and I have different definitions of righteousness and worship.

No, Stella, you are just playing with words...believing is what I meant and you know it.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »
No, Stella, you are just playing with words...believing is what I meant and you know it.

No I didn't but thanks for the assumption.

If I thought you meant believing or even thought you may have meant it..I wouldn't have written all that in my other post.
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
No I didn't but thanks for the assumption.

If I thought you meant believing or even thought you may have meant it..I wouldn't have written all that in my other post.

So you agree then, don't believe in your storm god and you are punished with everlasting fire?
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »
Onetimehard seems to have mastered this skill to a far greater extent than all the rest of us.
This is what people do when they cannot intelligently win a debate. I work 50 hours a week and take care of my 2 year old son, I read minimum 5 chapters a day of the Bible as mandatory and attend church. I train 5 days a week and I am getting ready for a bodybuilding show in Nov to top it all off and you want me to spell correctly, if this is not a big enough excuse for you I type 5 words per minute on a good day. Go finds sopmething better to do with your time, this is a rerligion board and their isn't room here for you to technical here. You know how childish your end of the argument is with Stella the only reason she is even replying is because your putting Gods words in your own contents (twisting them in other words) and you clearly have a wrong perpective of God, why don't you try reading the Bible before you talk.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2008, 07:04:40 PM »
This is what people do when they cannot intelligently win a debate. I work 50 hours a week and take care of my 2 year old son, I read minimum 5 chapters a day of the Bible as mandatory and attend church. I train 5 days a week and I am getting ready for a bodybuilding show in Nov to top it all off and you want me to spell correctly, if this is not a big enough excuse for you I type 5 words per minute on a good day. Go finds sopmething better to do with your time, this is a rerligion board and their isn't room here for you to technical here. You know how childish your end of the argument is with Stella the only reason she is even replying is because your putting Gods words in your own contents (twisting them in other words) and you clearly have a wrong perpective of God, why don't you try reading the Bible before you talk.

are you serious, intelligently debate?

you have no knowledge of science yet you try to debate it. You have been proven wrong on every account and when i corrected you for the umpteenth time you gave me the old  ::).

There can be no evil if god is all loving, OR he is not all powerful and could not stop evil from occuring, there is absolutely no way around this.

your god does not exist, im sure of it. ALL perfect, yet imperfection exists. ALL LOVING, yet suffering and evil exists, ALL KNOWING, yet man is cursed by the original sin HE knew would happen. This is absolute hogwash and insulting to my intelligence.

hustle man wheres my answer i would like to ask you more questions.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »
are you serious, intelligently debate?

you have no knowledge of science yet you try to debate it. You have been proven wrong on every account and when i corrected you for the umpteenth time you gave me the old  ::).

There can be no evil if god is all loving, OR he is not all powerful and could not stop evil from occuring, there is absolutely no way around this.

your god does not exist, im sure of it. ALL perfect, yet imperfection exists. ALL LOVING, yet suffering and evil exists, ALL KNOWING, yet man is cursed by the original sin HE knew would happen. This is absolute hogwash and insulting to my intelligence.

hustle man wheres my answer i would like to ask you more questions.
Calm down Mr " know it all" . i have not been proven wrong in anything and you are clearly to stuborn to even consider any other point of veiw but your own. Why are people debating about Gods existence without even reading the Bible. I have looked into evolution, in fact I used to believe in it. I have nothing against you guys and I have given you proof at the vary least that there are intelligent people that believe in what I believe in, why the big ego trip, if you do not want to learn anything on this board and all you want to do is put down and say your a hundred percent certain there is no God you are wasting your time.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2008, 08:17:58 PM »
Calm down Mr " know it all" . i have not been proven wrong in anything and you are clearly to stuborn to even consider any other point of veiw but your own. Why are people debating about Gods existence without even reading the Bible. I have looked into evolution, in fact I used to believe in it. I have nothing against you guys and I have given you proof at the vary least that there are intelligent people that believe in what I believe in, why the big ego trip, if you do not want to learn anything on this board and all you want to do is put down and say your a hundred percent certain there is no God you are wasting your time.

no try using a thing called logic, logically your god cannot exist in the incarnation you ascribe. Also you beleive in things like noahs ark, another ridiculous myth. HOW DID THE TIGERS GET TO THE ARK, DID THEY SWIM THE OCEANS?

ANSWER my questions, there is nothign to beleive in, in evolution it is the best explanation we have supported by evidence for the diversity of life.Your viewpoint has no evidence, case closed.

im more open minded then you, you cannot even fathom anything other then god, i however accept all sorts of explanations, theories and scientific premises.

Necrosis

• Getbig V

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2008, 08:24:10 PM »
from deicides link

http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/creationists_and_scientific_logic.htm

Creationists and Scientific Logic
Scott Anderson

Creationists are of the opinion that creationism constitutes a better explanation of the evolutionary process? By what standard would they consider it better? Creationism demands that the logic of the scientific method be abandoned in favor of whatever logic one might be able to scrape out of the Bible.

Special creationism demands that we believe that some six thousand years ago the universe was magically created, with the sun appearing long after plants, and man apparently living concurrently with carnivorous animals (perhaps including dinosaurs).  It demands that all the planetary evidence that coincides with evolutionary theory (the geologic table, continental drift, erosion, et cetera), all the biological evidence (DNA, biochemistry, microbiology, anthropology, et cetera), all the historical evidence (the fossil record, archaeology, anthropology, et cetera), all the astronomical evidence (quantum singularities, the age of stars, the history of the universe, et cetera) has been misinterpreted. The evidence from physics and chemistry (the speed of light, the laws of thermodynamics, amino acids and proteins, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad absurdum) have all been misinterpreted.  And I'm even leaving out several fields.

They are all in error, I take it? Why, then, has it all seemed to fit so well? Was it a conspiracy, or was it simply science's way of hiding the fact that they had no idea?

Creationists still have to show that science is, in fact, wrong.  This must first occur before they can begin postulating how the errors (as they must call them) persisted for so long.  Creationists are more than happy to accept scientific reasoning but are unwilling to accept the conclusions. That's why the battle is not creation versus evolution. Perhaps many creationists believe that, but it is not the case.

The same thoughts and processes thereof that led to the theory of evolution exist in all branches of science. It's called the scientific method.  In addition, evolution gets direct and indirect support from a thousand different facts from every constellation in the sky of science.  In addition, evolution gives direct and indirect support to every constellation.  Science is not a batch of unrelated theories - science is a unit.

To replace evolution with creationism would dictate that we throw out all the data we have about the age of the universe (all of it points to billions of years, not thousands).  We would have to throw away the psychological data gained from testing on, for instance, lab rats. How could the data from rats relate in any way to the inspired, specially created souls of human beings? Anthropology would have to be dispensed with. Archaeology would find itself in the trash bin. Biology books would be so much toilet paper.  In short, a thousand different independent but strangely cohesive facts and theories - a million tidbits of knowledge about ourselves and our world - would have to be destroyed in favor of magic and mysticism.

We've been through that before - it was called the Dark Ages. I see no logical reason why we should return to them.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS SPOT ON

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2008, 10:02:08 AM »
So you agree then, don't believe in your storm god and you are punished with everlasting fire?
If what you mean by believe is to "accept as true or real" then, no I don't agree.  Even the devil believes in God.  According to the bible, the devil will be going to hell.

On the other hand, if you were referring to someone being a "believer" meaning that person has accepted the free gift of forgiveness by God's Grace through faith, then yes, I believe these people will be going to heaven.

R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »
If what you mean by believe is to "accept as true or real" then, no I don't agree.  Even the devil believes in God.  According to the bible, the devil will be going to hell.

On the other hand, if you were referring to someone being a "believer" meaning that person has accepted the free gift of forgiveness by God's Grace through faith, then yes, I believe these people will be going to heaven.

What about this? I think the Bible is a load of bullshit and a pack of lies. I also think there is rather obviously no god/there are no gods of any sort. What happens to me?

Oh Yes, I deny the Holy Spirit...which can't be forgiven...anyway...
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2008, 03:12:21 PM »
What about this? I think the Bible is a load of bullshit and a pack of lies. I also think there is rather obviously no god/there are no gods of any sort. What happens to me?

Oh Yes, I deny the Holy Spirit...which can't be forgivem...anyway...
:'(, oh man stop crying about everything, if you think life is so hard and you can't handle it then jump off a building or something. Why go out of your way and try to stop people from believing what they do, do you feel the you MUST tell people that there is no God, is this some sort of comfort or escape from your lack of spirituality.

Are you a grade school teacher. You know the Bilble says it would be better for a mill stone to be attached to you and thrown into water then for the consequences of harming one of his children. You have a negative outlook on life, not because you don't believe in God, but because you can't stand for the next person to be happy and for the millionth time we know you don't believe in God, are you going to keep telling us this......Oh, I get it,  maybe I'll say this..........."I don't believe in God anymore because decide think there is no God" ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
:'(, oh man stop crying about everything, if you think life is so hard and you can't handle it then jump off a building or something. Why go out of your way and try to stop people from believing what they do, do you feel the you MUST tell people that there is no God, is this some sort of comfort or escape from your lack of spirituality.

Are you a grade school teacher. You know the Bilble says it would be better for a mill stone to be attached to you and thrown into water then for the consequences of harming one of his children. You have a negative outlook on life, not because you don't believe in God, but because you can't stand for the next person to be happy and for the millionth time we know you don't believe in God, are you going to keep telling us this......Oh, I get it,  maybe I'll say this..........."I don't believe in God anymore because decide think there is no God" ::)

I was asking Stella if I am going to burn or not.. ::)
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
If you think life is so hard and you can't handle it then jump off a building or something.

That doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Are you seriously making your believes dependent on whether certain scientific interpretations of the bible fit today's scientific findings?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »
I was asking Stella if I am going to burn or not.. ::)

If you have not been saved by the time you die then yes, I believe you will be separated from God for eternity.  God will be in heaven, you will be in hell. 

And in regard to if you committed "The Unforgivable Sin,"  please check this thread out when you have time:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=227955.0

R