Author Topic: Current State of WWE  (Read 1683 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Current State of WWE
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:53:35 AM »

In analyzing the current brand, Is it sad they have to bring back stars of yester-year i:e Lesnar, Rock and some rumblings of Batista (I don't believe this) to reinvigorate itself?

Besides Cena, Orton and Punk ( I don't count Jericho, borrowed time) they really have no one (Daniels could be big but something will happen with storylines) Is this due to poor writers, poor long term planning on the WWE for future stars or what?

Lets go back a decade give or take, we had ......HHH, Jericho, Rock, Foley, Angle, Austin, Kane (great backup) stocked main eventers.....now it is a skeleton.

Why not open a few more schools/territories....we have Florida...why not CA and pershaps MN......create a bigger pool of talent....

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Current State of WWE
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »
Its certainly a necessity given the current state of the business, and im sure each and every one of us is delighted to see Lesnar & Rock performing again. Unfortunately there are NO stars coming through the ranks these days, there are a few guys you might remember 5 years or so down the line but marquee names they will never be.

I believe the style of wrestling has changed, who the hell would have made Miz, Kofi, Primo, Bourne, Marella etc anything more than jobbers (a'la Barry Horrowitz pre push) back in the day? Nobody! And yet here they are, all multiple time champions and all headlining PPV's. When i was growing up and even into my late teens you actually BELIEVED that the guy in the ring wearing a strap was capable of kicking your arse no questions asked. What could the above mentioned guys do to the liked of LOD, Demolition, Andre, Steiner, Davey Boy, Austin, Hennig, Hart etc? Not a damn thing.

Reintroducing an Attitude Era is nothing more than recycling an old idea that was great for its time, but who in this generation is capable of causing the hell that Austin did? Who has that mean streak and aura which is immediately identifiable upon their entrance? The Old Man really fucked things up beyond the point of repair and i dont think that even the reintroduction of territories would help salvage it. Wrestling is too corporate to be believable nowadays.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:23:05 AM »
VKM is reaping what he has sown.  He destoyed regional promotions and that was the lifeblood of pro-wrestling for decades.  Where guys could develop under the tutelage of legends and go to different territories to learn their craft.  Now they find "stars" on TV shows and send them to the WWF developmental crapfest.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
I've given up on it.
?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:52:43 AM »
Recycling is a great word!!!

Watching Lauranaitus screwing with Punk & Cena reminds me of Vinny Mac screwing with Austin...

I guess what it comes down to is the wrestling masses overshadow us arm chair QB's......

There is no creativity but I guess this also goes for Hollywood with people remaking classics like Conan and now Total Recall.