Author Topic: Are you addicted to exercise?  (Read 1366 times)

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
Are you addicted to exercise?
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:12:16 PM »
Ever stop to think if you are "addicted" to exercise? 
Do you fret/panic when you miss a workout? 
Do you plan your daily activities around the gym? 
Do you workout on vacation?

How many of you feel that you are truely addicted to exercise?  Is it something that is such a big part of your life you don't know what you'd do without it?  I've always wondering what percentage of guys who hit it hard and often would say they are addicted to it in one way or another.  I think you have to be compulsive about exericise and diet to get anywhere when it comes to developing a physique, but I think there is a line between compulsion and addiction.

How would you all categorize yourself?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Are you addicted to exercise?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »
I'm addicted to be sore I love it , I love not being able to walk for a few days without wincing waking up and stretching after a work out and you have that soreness it tells you you've done a good job .

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:01:27 AM »
I'm addicted to be sore I love it , I love not being able to walk for a few days without wincing waking up and stretching after a work out and you have that soreness it tells you you've done a good job .

MUCH AGREED ! The soreness gives you almost a " pumped " feeling as well ... although, it just may be the inflammation !  ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 12:05:26 AM »
working out on vacation is ridiculous especially for naturals. just enjoy life your stucked up with that shitty build anyway.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 12:09:07 AM »
working out on vacation is ridiculous especially for naturals. just enjoy life your stucked up with that shitty build anyway.

My Build isn't that shitty ?  :'(

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:16:54 AM »
After considerring your quiz

Apparently I'm addicted to cupsnakes

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 04:27:15 AM »

It's a lifestyle, when I'm on vacation I want to continue my lifestyle... you think it of something negative something you HAVE to do every day.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 04:45:44 AM »
It's a lifestyle, when I'm on vacation I want to continue my lifestyle... you think it of something negative something you HAVE to do every day.

Thats the difference between the people that love it, and the people who force themselves to do it. The latter mostly bodybuild so girls will look at them.

Also yeah in a way I suppose its like an addiction...but like...you dont work hard at most addictions. I hate when poeple say that bodybuilding is like anorexic people. Anorexics just starve and puke, its compeletely different. We bust our asses in the gym and work hard on a good diet. Just because they're two extremes of how people can look doesnt mean they're the same.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 05:38:10 AM »

true but when im on vacation i hope i have so much nice things to do that i dont even have to think about training, plus the rest of a couple of weeks is good for progress too.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 05:52:43 AM »
true but when im on vacation i hope i have so much nice things to do that i dont even have to think about training, plus the rest of a couple of weeks is good for progress too.

def, i always laugh at guys who are obsessing over missing  a few workouts when they go for a holiday...and have to bring all their supplements with em  ::)

you wont loose any muscles in a couple of weeks if you eat enough...all you will lose is some glycogen in the muscles.

pathetic

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 05:56:40 AM »
def, i always laugh at guys who are obsessing over missing  a few workouts when they go for a holiday...and have to bring all their supplements with em  ::)

you wont loose any muscles in a couple of weeks if you eat enough...all you will lose is some glycogen in the muscles.

pathetic

Haha exactly, especially for guys who are natural, just enjoy life, you can train whatever you want but as a natural you will look like shit at all times.

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 07:07:43 AM »
I am, but I can't train like a BBer all the time, my body can't take it anymore. But I usually train lighter and use a more functional training method with very little compound movements, functional training in the offseason has definately help with my current prep.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 07:08:30 AM »

pathetic
hahahaa,thats right its Ridiculous when u see naturals walkin around with ther supplements, wht a joke, they have a dream makin it up to the olympia naturally hahahahahaahaaaaa

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 07:10:39 AM »
hahahaa,thats right its Ridiculous when u see naturals walkin around with ther supplements, wht a joke, they have a dream makin it up to the olympia naturally hahahahahaahaaaaa

just eat alot of the local food...a big nice steak or something....will work as good as any protein shake and taste good too!

check out the local whores and have fun...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 07:22:17 AM »

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 07:29:31 AM »