Author Topic: BRUCE Annihilates Polar Bear Myths  (Read 2870 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
BRUCE Annihilates Polar Bear Myths
« on: March 10, 2007, 12:04:44 AM »
Well, now that I have you here - this is my take on the evolving Polar Bear issue:

No one at The Independent bothered to ask the bears how they're going:

The memorandum from Mr Hannon was criticised by the Natural Resources Defence Council in Washington, which wants the US Department of Interior to list the polar bear as an endangered species because of the projected loss of sea ice in the Arctic over the coming century.

Arctic sea ice and the polar bear are especially sensitive issues at present because American scientists have pointed out that the world's biggest land carnivore is unlikely to survive if the Arctic sea ice disappears in summer, which it is predicted to do by the end of the century.

Poor bears, whatever will they do without their ice?

Pictures of a polar bear floating precariously on a tiny iceberg have become the defining image of global warming but may be misleading, according to a new study.

A survey of the animals' numbers in Canada's eastern Arctic has revealed that they are thriving, not declining, because of mankind's interference in the environment.

In the Davis Strait area, a 140,000-square kilometre region, the polar bear population has grown from 850 in the mid-1980s to 2,100 today.

"There aren't just a few more bears. There are a hell of a lot more bears," said Mitch Taylor, a polar bear biologist who has spent 20 years studying the animals.

http://twatjoe.blogspot.com/2007/03/leave-bears-out-of-it.html
Thread Killer

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: BRUCE Annihilates Polar Bear Myths
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:37:34 AM »
  Unless Polar Bears come to Indiana and start eating people...I couldn't care less about them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:39:34 AM »
  Unless Polar Bears come to Indiana and start eating people...I couldn't care less about them.

Just remember - you don't have to be faster than the polar bear.

just faster than your buddy.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 12:54:12 AM »
Just remember - you don't have to be faster than the polar bear.

just faster than your buddy.

this is true

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »
LOL, bruce has graduated from "devil" to "twatjoe" for his blog sources.

Excellent work my friend. I only wish Mr. Twat had a self portrait on his blog the way "devil" did.  ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
LOL, bruce has graduated from "devil" to "twatjoe" for his blog sources.

Excellent work my friend. I only wish Mr. Twat had a self portrait on his blog the way "devil" did.  ;D

Twatjoe = BRUCE
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »
Twatjoe = BRUCE

I dunno about the 'joe' part, but...

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »
I dunno about the 'joe' part, but...

Me either - but if you voted, Rob, I'm very disappointed you didn't choose you.  In fact - no one here thinks you set up 9/11.  Absurd.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 04:13:03 PM »
I almost wish I didn't have to go out, otherwise I'd spend ten mins annihilating this thread... but oh well. Once again, Bruce writes a "shocker" no-discussion-about-it headline that follows through with misleading, nonsensical info that can be sliced in half with a dull knife.

I'm being nice, otherwise I would have said "blather."

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
I almost wish I didn't have to go out, otherwise I'd spend ten mins annihilating this thread... but oh well. Once again, Bruce writes a "shocker" no-discussion-about-it headline that follows through with misleading, nonsensical info that can be sliced in half with a dull knife.

I'm being nice, otherwise I would have said "blather."

Uh huh, I just can't wait for you to find time in your 'busy' schedule, Deedee.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
I'm sure you can.

But since you're so well read on the topic of Canada's wildlife, and know so much about the Bush administration memorandum, why don't you elucidate us further.  Why don't you start with the memo.  I'm sure not many on Getbig grasp its contents. Care to elaborate?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »
I'm sure you can.

But since you're so well read on the topic of Canada's wildlife, and know so much about the Bush administration memorandum, why don't you elucidate us further.  Why don't you start with the memo.  I'm sure not many on Getbig grasp its contents. Care to elaborate?

How about I let you come back from your hectic social outing to throw some more pseudo-intellectual remarks at me?
Thread Killer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 04:58:35 PM »
How about I let you come back from your hectic social outing to throw some more pseudo-intellectual remarks at me?

you also believe earth is the center of the universe dontcha Brucie?

cause ...god said so..  ;D
 ::)
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »
you also believe earth is the center of the universe dontcha Brucie?

cause ...god said so..  ;D
 ::)

I think Bruce said he is agnostic?  Or something like that. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 05:12:11 PM »
I think Bruce said he is agnostic?  Or something like that. 

Yep.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 08:45:35 PM »
Twatjoe = BRUCE

Why did you name your blog twatjoe? In the US twat is a deragatory word, perhaps it doesn't have the same meaning in Australia. Or perhaps you were being humorous when you chose a name.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 01:35:49 AM »
Why did you name your blog twatjoe? In the US twat is a deragatory word, perhaps it doesn't have the same meaning in Australia. Or perhaps you were being humorous when you chose a name.

Sigh.
Thread Killer

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 01:42:07 AM »

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 07:19:28 AM »
Sigh.

Yes, I understand it's exasperating but still perhaps you could explain your motivation to those of us that don't understand it.

Here in the US when you call someone a twat you're putting them down.

It seems a strange name for a blog if you want people to take your point of view seriously.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
"A survey of the animals' numbers in Canada's eastern Arctic has revealed that they are thriving, not declining, because of mankind's interference in the environment."

I would like to know what this means and why it's in a story pertaining to the effects of climate change and pollution.  Are you saying, Bruce, that pollution and melting ice are "good" for the bears, and humans should produce as much of both as possible so that polar bears might flourish? 

Also, could you please elaborate what you mean when you say "thriving?"  Do underweight, sickly bears count as thriving... and also, are you counting all polar bear numbers?  What about the nine Canadian bear populations that are declining?

There is no question that melting ice and pollution will affect polar bear numbers in the future and in fact, have already begun to do so. It seems much more honest (and intelligent) to say "I don't care" than to keep denying what hundreds of scientists have already proven to be true, and what anyone with a shred of common sense can deduce on their own. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »
Also, is it not true that Mitch Taylor is employed by the Canadian government, which counts the hunting of polar bears a multi-million dollar industry, and so naturally is a little worried these days about negative publicity?  Aren't Alaskan authoritiess as well, worried about the negative impact of all the bear fuss?  Isn't that one of the reasons the Bush administration ordered all unauthorized polar bear talk by traveling scientists to be hereforthwith verboten, and isn't that the content of the memorandum you referenced at the beginning of your story?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 01:10:04 AM »
Yes, I understand it's exasperating but still perhaps you could explain your motivation to those of us that don't understand it.

Here in the US when you call someone a twat you're putting them down.

It seems a strange name for a blog if you want people to take your point of view seriously.

It's an acronym and a pun.  Get it?
Thread Killer