Author Topic: US Walks Out On Ahmadinejad's UN speech  (Read 2534 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
US Walks Out On Ahmadinejad's UN speech
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:14:10 AM »
Once again america walks out of a UN meeting, peace talk meetings, meetings on nuclear armament and development etc etc. 911 is HOT BUTTON if ever there was one and america does not want anyone or any nation THINKING about what happened on that day and who was really behind it all, so they attempt to discredit, ignore or label conspiracy theory anyone who questions the event...But is that a reason to childishly walk out?.  I personally feel walking out on such important meeting puts on a poor display of respect, minimizes the importance of the UN in regards to be a place where such discussion SHOULD OCCUR between nations and certainly implies GUILT on behalf of america by walking out of a meeting/discussion when asked questions on topics it wishes NOT to discuss.  

US walks out on Ahmadinejad's UN speech
AP

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press Writer – Thu Sep 23, 11:51 pm ET

UNITED NATIONS – Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad provoked yet another controversy Thursday saying a majority of people in the United States and around the world believe the American government staged the Sept. 11 terror attacks in an attempt to assure Israel's survival.

The provocative comments prompted the U.S. delegation to walk out of Ahmadinejad's U.N. speech, where he also blamed the U.S. as the power behind U.N. Security Council sanctions against Iran for its refusal to halt uranium enrichment, a technology that can be used as fuel for electricity generation or to build nuclear weapons.

Delegations from all 27 European Union nations followed the Americans out along with representatives from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Costa Rica, an EU diplomat said.

Ahmadinejad said the U.S. has allocated $80 billion to upgrade its nuclear arsenal and is not a fair judge to sit as a veto-wielding permanent member of the Security Council to punish Iran for its nuclear activities. Iran denies it is seeking a nuclear weapon.

The Iranian leader — who has in the past cast doubt over the U.S. version of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks — also called for setting up an independent fact-finding U.N. team to probe the attacks. That, he said, would keep the terror assault from turning into what he has called a sacred issue like the Holocaust where "expressing opinion about it won't be banned".

Ahmadinejad did not explain the logic behind blaming the U.S. for the terror attacks but said there were three theories:

_That a "powerful and complex terrorist group" penetrated U.S. intelligence and defenses, which is advocated "by American statesmen."

_"That some segments within the U.S. government orchestrated the attack to reverse the declining American economy and its grips on the Middle East in order also to save the Zionist regime. The majority of the American people as well as other nations and politicians agree with this view."

After Ahmadinejad uttered those words, two American diplomats stood and walked out without listening to the third theory: That the attack was the work of "a terrorist group but the American government supported and took advantage of the situation."

Mark Kornblau, spokesman of the U.S. Mission to the world body, issued a statement within moments of the walkout.

"Rather than representing the aspirations and goodwill of the Iranian people," he said, "Mr. Ahmadinejad has yet again chosen to spout vile conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic slurs that are as abhorrent and delusional as they are predictable."

Ahmadinejad said the U.S. used the Sept. 11 attacks as a pretext to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, killing hundreds of thousands of people. He argued that the U.S., instead, should have "designed a logical plan" to punish the perpetrators and not occupy two independent states and shed so much blood.

He boasted of the capture in February of Abdulmalik Rigi, the leader of an armed Sunni group whose insurgency in the southeast of Iran has destabilized the border region with Pakistan. He praised Iranian security forces for capturing him in an overseas operation without resorting to violence. Rigi was later hanged.

Ahmadinejad's attacks on the United States and the dispute over Iran's nuclear program dominated the opening of the General Assembly's annual ministerial meeting.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned kings, prime ministers and presidents in his keynote address of the growing political polarization and social inequalities in the world and implored U.N. members to show greater tolerance and mutual respect to bring nations and peoples together.

"We hear the language of hate, false divisions between `them' and `us,' those who insist on `their way' or `no way,'" he said.

In times of such polarization and uncertainty, Ban said, "let us remember, the world still looks to the United Nations for moral and political leadership."

President Barack Obama, speaking soon after, echoed the secretary-general, warning that underneath challenges to security and prosperity "lie deeper fears: that ancient hatreds and religious divides are once again ascendant; that a world which has grown more interconnected has somehow slipped beyond our control."

The U.S. president's 32-minute speech — more than twice the allotted 15 minutes — covered global hotspots from Iran and Afghanistan to the Mideast and North Korea.

Obama said Iran is the only party to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty "that cannot demonstrate the peaceful intentions of its nuclear program" and as a result the U.N. Security Council has imposed four rounds of increasingly tough sanctions.

"The United States and the international community seek a resolution to our differences with Iran, and the door remains open to diplomacy should Iran choose to walk through it," he said. "But the Iranian government must demonstrate a clear and credible commitment, and confirm to the world the peaceful intent of its nuclear program."

Ahmadinejad, speaking in the afternoon session, stressed that Iran will never submit "to illegally imposed pressures" from the U.N. nuclear agency which has been demanding that Tehran halt enrichment, a key Security Council demand as well.

"Iran has always been ready for a dialogue based on respect and justice," he said.

But the Iranian leader said sanctions imposed by the Security Council were illegal and disrespectful.

The General Assembly hall was packed for Obama's speech, with leaders and diplomats, including Iran's U.N. Ambassador Mohammad Khazaee, listening carefully, some snapping photos with cell phone cameras. Obama was interrupted twice by applause and received a prolonged and warm response at the end of his remarks.

Just ahead of Obama's speech, Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorin sharply criticized the United States, saying that the 2003 invasion of Iraq demonstrated that the "blind faith in intelligence reports tailored to justify political goals must be rejected."

"We must ban once and for all the use of force inconsistent with international law," Amorin told the General Assembly, adding that all international disputes should be peacefully resolved through dialogue.

Qatar's Emir Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani declared that terrorism "should not be treated by waging wars."

He blamed wars fought to combat terrorism for spreading destruction, causing the death and displacement of millions of people "as well as economic and financial crises that shook the stability of the world and undermined the efforts made in dialogue among cultures.

"What we fear is for the war on terrorism to turn into commercial transactions, financial contracts and armies of mercenaries who kill outside of any international and human legitimacy," the emir said. "These are all very dangerous things."
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: US Walks Out On Ahmadinejad's UN speech
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:21:39 AM »
He sounded just like 240, blacken, and Mons. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:22:25 AM »
Delegations from all 27 European Union nations followed the Americans out along with representatives from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Costa Rica, an EU diplomat said.

???  ???  ???

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 06:24:09 AM »
Once again america walks out of a UN meeting, peace talk meetings, meetings on nuclear armament and development etc etc. 911 is HOT BUTTON if ever there was one and america does not want anyone or any nation THINKING about what happened on that day and who was really behind it all, so they attempt to discredit, ignore or label conspiracy theory anyone who questions the event...But is that a reason to childishly walk out?.  I personally feel walking out on such important meeting puts on a poor display of respect, minimizes the importance of the UN in regards to be a place where such discussion SHOULD OCCUR between nations and certainly implies GUILT on behalf of america by walking out of a meeting/discussion when asked questions on topics it wishes NOT to discuss.   

Obama has already extended diplomatic relations to Iran and they've snubbed him.  Nobody needs to sit and listen to the same tired, worn out, anti-American bullshit that's already been rehashed and spewed over and over and over again.

Useless tools like you lap up this bullshit because you're not bright enough to realize that Iran doesn't give two fucks about sitting down, communicating, and trying to find some middle ground.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:37:24 AM »
The worst thing you could ever do is give idiots like him a world stage to speak on. Once you do that you give them and their actions/policies credibility. Doing so told Arafat and his terrorist organization that killing innocent people and committing terrorist acts was working.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:43:58 AM »
I had a whole list of shit to say about this but nevermind, I just deleted it all. I'm absolutely sure at this point that it is indeed pointless.  I guess I just typed it up for myself and then deleted it....

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »
I had a whole list of shit to say about this but nevermind, I just deleted it all. I'm absolutely sure at this point that it is indeed pointless.  I guess I just typed it up for myself and then deleted it....

Lets hear it Hugo...this is the political board  and it is here for just that reason... isn't it?
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »
Obama has already extended diplomatic relations to Iran and they've snubbed him.  Nobody needs to sit and listen to the same tired, worn out, anti-American bullshit that's already been rehashed and spewed over and over and over again.

Useless tools like you lap up this bullshit because you're not bright enough to realize that Iran doesn't give two fucks about sitting down, communicating, and trying to find some middle ground.

You mean that same tired anti american shit that has brought about the Patriot act and the systematic dismantling of every right you americans once HAD. I see it still has not dawned on you to question who is really being targeted on americas supposed war on terror. As it stands the citizens of america are the ones in JAIL, being harassed, being put on NO FLY LISTS, having phones tapped etc etc while the REAL TERRORIST create new laws, sit in the whitehouse and amongst its administration and run the military of america making sure it can cripple and squeeze the very life from  every citizen.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:38 AM »

And not surprisingly you sound just like 3333
C

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:29 AM »
The better question is, "Why is this fraudulently elected, human rights violating, terrorist-financing dictator always speaking at UN summits when 192 countries comprise the UN?" The UN just loves giving these tyrants, despots and dictators soap boxes so that they can give their rambling, incoherent, anti-American/West speeches. You're telling me that there's no one else who can give speeches that actually accomplish something?

Iran is nothing more than a thorn in the side of the true players in the world. They are nothing. Can't even control their own populace. Funny how hard they try to be relevant on the world stage and they somehow end up self-owning themselves every time, though.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 07:58:08 AM »
The better question is, "Why is this fraudulently elected, human rights violating, terrorist-financing dictator always speaking at UN summits when 192 countries comprise the UN?" The UN just loves giving these tyrants, despots and dictators soap boxes so that they can give their rambling, incoherent, anti-American/West speeches. You're telling me that there's no one else who can give speeches that actually accomplish something?

Iran is nothing more than a thorn in the side of the true players in the world. They are nothing. Can't even control their own populace. Funny how hard they try to be relevant on the world stage, though.

So of the 192 nations at the UN america and a few other s walk out that means the VAST MAJORITY REMAINED AND LISTENED!!!! Europe is the last group of discombobulated "nations" to speak given its history of TYRANTS, HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS, WARFARE, DEATH AND MURDER CAMPS to ever turn its nose up to anyone. But since Europe plays the "child" part to america following whatever america says I expect their administrations to conduct themselves in a similarly childish manner. Just as america and israhell often walk out of UN meeting as soon as issues about the Palestinians/Human Rights/Nuclear Arms etc are brought up
C

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 08:01:01 AM »
So of the 192 nations at the UN america and a few other s walk out that means the VAST MAJORITY REMAINED AND LISTENED!!!! Europe is the last group of discombobulated "nations" to speak given its history of TYRANTS, HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS, WARFARE, DEATH AND MURDER CAMPS to ever turn its nose up to anyone. But since Europe plays the "child" part to america following whatever america says I expect their administrations to conduct themselves in a similarly childish manner. Just as america and israhell often walk out of UN meeting as soon as issues about the Palestinians/Human Rights/Nuclear Arms etc are brought up

Yawn. Anyone who is a major player on the world stage besides Russia and China appears to have walked out. You go ahead and sing the praises of the world power known as Guinea, though. LOL! And the Muslim world's 1400 year history of human rights violations makes Europe's look childish in comparison. Just ask the millions of Hindus they slaughtered when they spent centuries trying to conquer India.

Speaking of nuclear arms, when will the terrorist state of Pakistan sign the non-proliferation treaty? After all, they were the country that was caught red-handed selling nuclear tech.  ::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
Yawn. Anyone who is a major player on the world stage besides Russia and China appears to have walked out. You go ahead and sing the praises of the world power known as Guinea, though. LOL! And the Muslim world's 1400 year history of human rights violations makes Europe's look childish in comparison. Just ask the millions of Hindus they slaughtered when they spent centuries trying to conquer India.

Speaking of nuclear arms, when will the terrorist state of Pakistan sign the non-proliferation treaty? After all, they were the country that was caught red-handed selling nuclear tech.  ::)

Who knew China and Russia took second place to america and or Europe. someone better inform Medvedev/Putin and Hu Jintao
C

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 08:07:58 AM »
Who knew China and Russia took second place to america and or Europe. someone better inform Medvedev/Putin and Hu Jintao

Is this where you regale us with tales of Russia's military might and then end up getting subsequently beat down by someone who actually knows what they're talking about?

No comment on your fellow Muslims in the terrorist state of Pakistan, who were caught red-handed trying to sell nuclear weapons tech to anyone with the money, not signing the NPT. There's a shocker.  ::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 08:15:59 AM »
Is this where you regale us with tales of Russia's military might and then end up getting subsequently beat down by someone who actually knows what they're talking about?

No comment on your fellow Muslims in the terrorist state of Pakistan, who were caught red-handed trying to sell nuclear weapons tech to anyone with the money, not signing the NPT. There's a shocker.  ::)

Are you worshippign your friend HH6 again ...you know him...the fake soldier. hahahahaah

Comment on MY fellow Muslim in the terror state of Pakistan?...since when are these people my fellow Muslim...I am not Muslim. None the less I would be less concerned about Pakistan or India with their nuclear weapons as I would be over Israhell who has sold nuclear technology  to not only Pakistan and India but to places like Korea, Iran, Iraq, South Africa (before their program was supposedly dismantled) and God only knows who else.
C

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 08:17:52 AM »
Are you worshippign your friend HH6 again ...you know him...the fake soldier. hahahahaah

Comment on MY fellow Muslim in the terror state of Pakistan?...since when are these people my fellow Muslim...I am not Muslim. None the less I would be less concerned about Pakistan or India with their nuclear weapons as I would be over Israhell who has sold nuclear technology  to not only Pakistan and India but to places like Korea, Iran, Iraq, South Africa (before their program was supposedly dismantled) and God only knows who else.

Hahahaha, thanks for playing. Time for you to exit this thread.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 08:18:58 AM »
Hahahaha, thanks for playing. Time for you to exit this thread.

Defeat always sounds so sweet
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 08:38:33 AM »
Now you can believe on your life Israhell walked out on this part of the UN meeting

Israel accused of war crimes by expert panel

Chris McGreal
September 24, 2010

NEW YORK: A United Nations panel of human rights experts has accused Israel of war crimes through wilful killing, unnecessary brutality and torture in its ''clearly unlawful'' assault on a ship attempting to break the blockade of Gaza in May, in which nine Turkish activists died.

The report by three experts appointed by the UN's Human Rights Council described the seizure of MV Mavi Marmara, a Turkish vessel, by Israeli commandos as illegal under international law. Israel swiftly dismissed the accusations as ''politicised and extremist''.
Advertisement: Story continues below

The report further condemned the treatment of the passengers and crew as brutal and disproportionate. It said that the Israeli blockade of the Palestinian enclave was illegal because of the scale of the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

''There is clear evidence to support prosecutions of the following crimes within the terms of article 147 of the fourth Geneva convention: wilful killing; torture or inhuman treatment; wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health,'' the report said.

''A series of violations of international law, including international humanitarian and human rights law, were committed by the Israeli forces during the interception of the flotilla and during the detention of passengers in Israel prior to deportation.''

Israel's foreign ministry said: ''As expected of a democratic country, Israel has been - and still is - investigating the events of the Gaza flotilla.'' It added that its own inquiry, which includes two international observers, was still at work and that Israel had agreed to take part in a separate inquiry set up by the UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon.

''The report … is as biased and as one-sided as the body that has produced it. Israel … is of the opinion that the flotilla incident is amply and sufficiently investigated as it is. All additional dealing … is superfluous and unproductive,'' the ministry said.

However, the Turkish Foreign Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, hailed the report, saying it ''is extremely unbiased and based on sound evidence … I hope the Israeli side will … from now on act within international law.''

Relations between Turkey and Israel have cooled dramatically since the assault in May.

The 56-page report - compiled by a former UN war crimes prosecutor, Desmond de Silva, a judge from Trinidad, Karl Hudson-Phillips, and a Malaysian women's rights advocate, Mary Shanthi Dairiam - accuses Israeli forces of crimes including violating the right to life, liberty and freedom of expression, and of failing to treat prisoners with humanity.

''The conduct … towards the flotilla passengers was not only disproportionate to the occasion but demonstrated levels of totally unnecessary and incredible violence. It betrayed an unacceptable level of brutality,'' the report said.

Israel, which refused to co-operate with the inquiry, has said its troops resorted to force and opened fire after coming under attack by activists.

PANEL FINDINGS:

*  Grave violations of human rights law.
    *  Clear evidence to support prosecutions for ''wilful killing'' and ''torture''.
    * IDF used ''totally unnecessary and incredible violence''.
    * Blockade of Gaza is ''illegal''.
    * Israel dismissed the report as ''one-sided'' and ''extremist''.

C

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 09:45:03 AM »
Once again america walks out of a UN meeting, peace talk meetings, meetings on nuclear armament and development etc etc. 911 is HOT BUTTON....

Hey, you dumb turd. USA doesn't care what you or anybody else thinks. And the USA wasn't the only one or did you miss this fact:Delegations from all 27 European Union nations followed the Americans out along with representatives from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Costa Rica, an EU diplomat said. Now, if that many delegations walked out, how could the USA be wrong and why do you single them out?

By the way. Why don't you agree to Berzerfury's challenge to you regarding Sorcha Faal, nitwit?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »
Good.  That beady eyed little camel humper doesn't even deserve to speak.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »
He speaks so bravely with such air of defiance. If USA were to invade Iran he would be the first one running for his life or cowering beneath the earth like Saddam Hussein.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »
I applaud the US walking out on the that nut job.

The Iranian government should be dismantled. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:22 AM »
Hey Samson & Hugo - where is the evidence for the idiotic, nonsensical, incoherent, and illogical 911 CT? 

You would think that after 9 years, Machmoud could do better than he did if there was even a scintilla of proof of these bogus scams.  He had the biggest bully pulpit in the world and guess what - he doesnt have an ounce of proof for these bogus theories, the same way none of you do. 

So either put up or shut up. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 10:25:10 AM »
He speaks so bravely with such air of defiance. If USA were to invade Iran he would be the first one running for his life or cowering beneath the earth like Saddam Hussein.

Yes I do speak with confidence and defiance when the truth must be known and spoken. So far as america invading some other country...Don't you notice it takes america a decade to defeat a small near UNARMED nation like Iraq and that is with the help of many nations on it side. What if america went at it alone? FAILURE AND DEATH. You seem to have forgotten history and Vietnam. France had its ass handed to it and so did america.
C

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Well we know Obama is not a 911 CT nut. 

Obama: Ahmadinejad's speech 'offensive' and 'hateful'
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 24, 2010

New York (CNN) -- President Barack Obama blasted his Iranian counterpart Friday for what he called offensive and hateful remarks about the September 11 attacks.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad blamed the United States for the 2001 terrorist attacks, an accusation that triggered a walkout Thursday by several United Nations delegates.

"Well, it was offensive. It was hateful," Obama said in part of an interview with BBC Persian released by the White House.

"And particularly for him to make the statement here in Manhattan, just a little north of ground zero, where families lost their loved ones -- people of all faiths, all ethnicities who see this as the seminal tragedy of this generation -- for him to make a statement like that was inexcusable," Obama said.

British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said at the United Nations on Friday that Ahmadinejad's "bizarre" remarks were meant to distract attention from Iranian issues that generate media headlines.

Ahmadinejad delivered a fiery speech before the U.N. General Assembly on Thursday, criticizing Washington, capitalism and the world body itself.
Though incendiary statements from Ahmadinejad are nothing new, tension in the hall grew as the Iranian leader recounted various conspiracy theories about the September 11 attacks.

"Some segments within the U.S. government orchestrated the attack," Ahmadinejad told the General Assembly.

He followed with the claim that the attacks were aimed at reversing "the declining American economy and its scripts on the Middle East in order to save the Zionist regime. The majority of the American people, as well as most nations and politicians around the world, agree with this view."

That appeared to be the last straw for many of the diplomats. Representatives from the United States, Britain, Sweden, Australia, Belgium, Uruguay and Spain walked out while Ahmadinejad asserted that the U.S. government was involved in the attacks or allowed them to happen as an excuse to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Obama, who had delivered his address to the General Assembly earlier, had already left the grounds before Ahmadinejad spoke.

Mark Kornblau, a spokesman for the U.S. mission to the United Nations, issued a statement saying, "Rather than representing the aspirations and goodwill of the Iranian people, Mr. Ahmadinejad has yet again chosen to spout vile conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic slurs that are as abhorrent and delusional as they are predictable."

Ahmadinejad went on to compare the death toll in the September 11 attacks to the casualty count in the wars in Afghanistan in Iraq.

"It was said that some 3,000 people were killed on September 11th, for which we are all very saddened," he said. "Yet, up until now in Afghanistan and Iraq, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed, millions wounded and displaced, and the conflict is still going on and expanding."

Ahmadinejad's speech was hailed as a gift from God at Tehran's weekly Friday prayers, Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency reported.
"We do not consider the remarks as those only belonging to the president himself, rather as a divine gift to the [Iranian] nation," said Hojjatoleslam Kazzem Sediqi, who led the prayer session Friday.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/24/un.ahmadinejad.remarks/index.html?hpt=T1