Author Topic: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17  (Read 139265 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »
Aaron Singerman has always been a man of his word - since I have known him for 10+ years.   He will follow through on this - and he will be very transparent on this.

except with the under dosing of intra md
w

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »
I shared a house with a state level competitor back in the mid 90s. This was when insulin use was becoming very big and guys were still figuring out how to get everything just right as far as amount/type/which and how much carbs/timing. etc.  There wasn't a lot of good info out there so it came down to a lot of bro science and word of mouth.

He had more than a few close calls. Depending on what type and how much insulin you use, you better be prepared for when that "hit" comes or you can be in big trouble fast. This guy always had orange juice and snickers bars around if he needed to get some simple carbs in quickly. Insulin can be a very dangerous game.  All to just get fat in most cases.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2017, 04:56:06 PM »
" God makes no mistakes "

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »
Exactly who is going to get this money?  What reasonable expectation or guarantee do we have that the money will be used for the purpose stated?
How will the funds be distributed?  Over what period of time? To whom?  To how many? Based on what criteria? The Foundation claims it wants to help children "all over the country" with this effort.  Really?  With $150k? And how did they decide on $150k?  If you are serious about helping “underprivileged children” that dollar amount will not go very far.  If you are a con man looking to exploit the death of a popular bodybuilder that is a nice chunk of change.

Unless the Dallas McCarver Foundation existed prior to McCarver's death, no way in hell could they have established a foundation that quickly, on the same day he died. They would have to prepare and file articles of incorporation, file paperwork with IRS, etc.  I suspect they are just calling it a Foundation, but it's really just a plain jane Gofundme campaign.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
I can give you more examples but my best advice is DON'T USE INSLULIN [sic].  But if you must: EAT FIRST.  And always carry around glucose in the form of tabs or a drink just in case you get in trouble later on when the next spike hits.

Normally I wouldn't complain, but I'm disgusted by your spelling and grammar here.  Only because in this case, a simple comma or colon could save someone's life.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2017, 05:02:29 PM »
I shared a house with a state level competitor back in the mid 90s
This was when insulin use was becoming very big and guys were still figuring out how to get everything just right as far as amount/type/which and how much carbs/timing. etc.  There wasn't a lot of good info out there so it came down to a lot of bro science and word of mouth.
He had more than a few close calls. Depending on what type and how much insulin you use, you better be prepared for when that "hit" comes or you can be in big trouble fast. This guy always had orange juice and snickers bars around if he needed to get some simple carbs in quickly.
Insulin can be a very dangerous game.  All to just get fat in most cases.

Glucose or something like carbo hit or plain old Vitargo. When in trouble food may not save you in time.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »
 :)

Josh Lenartowicz - "I'm very disappointed and angered at the release of the 911 tape. People are getting entertainment in my darkest hour. Everybody is so anti bullying but this is acceptable. Someone's life choice is their choice accept that people are different to you. When you are perfect judge others.
People were blessed to have known @dallasmccarver he was a great human and the world is a little dimmer without his light."

"Appreciate all the kindness being sent to @dallasmccarver family, fans and friends. I can't believe it still, finding a friend like that is heart wrenching and not being able to bring him back is even worse. Remember the person he was-happy, generous, friendly, loving, hard working. Life is taken for granted, he was here full of life one moment and gone the next :( To people trying to contact me try my whatsapp as I can't receive messages. Thanks for the support. Tried to train, don't know about the O. It's so damn sad."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2017, 05:10:01 PM »

So it's safe to say, almost for certain, that his death was related to an insulin injection?  If Josh was near, why not tell him what's up and hand him a jar of applesauce, just in case?

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »
Does anyone else think this as just a little bit tacky—not to mention shady?  Was he even dead 24 hours before this call for donations went up?  The gofundme page says the Foundation is a non-profit organization, but did the Foundation even exist 48 hours ago or was the idea for it concocted hours after his death?  Simply declaring that you are a “Foundation” and that you are “non-profit” does not make the request for money legitimate.  Real Foundations have 501(c)(3) tax status granted by the IRS.  Somehow I doubt this foundation has 501(c)(3).  And look at the fundraising goal: $150k!  My My. ::)

And just what is the connection between Dallas and the anonymous “underprivileged children” this Foundation will ostensibly support?  Is this a population Dallas showed any particular interest in during his lifetime?  If so, where is the evidence of that?  If not this would appear to be a generic overture to grab other people’s money in a pathetically transparent fashion.  I realize bodybuilders and their fans aren’t supposed to be too bright, but come on . . . we are not that stupid.  I never give to “causes” like this and you can readily see why.

Exactly who is going to get this money?  What reasonable expectation or guarantee do we have that the money will be used for the purpose stated?
How will the funds be distributed?  Over what period of time?
To whom?  To how many? Based on what criteria?  
The Foundation claims it wants to help children "all over the country" with this effort.  Really?  With $150k?
And how did they decide on $150k?  If you are serious about helping “underprivileged children” that dollar amount will not go very far.  If you are a con man looking to exploit the death of a popular bodybuilder that is a nice chunk of change.

All excellent points Bay.

Shouldn't this Foundation really be for underprivileged bodybuilders?  To help them with their gear expenses?  Or maybe help with their healthcare expenses, especially after their careers are over?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »

Is this an actual drawing or is it a picture with photoshop processing or filter?

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »
Would hypoglycemia have happened that fast?

No, it doesn't happen that fast.  You feel it coming on.  I've used insulin a shit load of times, and have gotten hypoglycemic, and its not like one minute you feel fine, then all at once you go hypo and drop over dead.  It comes on gradually.  You wouldn't eat whole food to correct it either.  You'd drink something with sugar in it. 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
No, it doesn't happen that fast.  You feel it coming on.  I've used insulin a shit load of times, and have gotten hypoglycemic, and its not like one minute you feel fine, then all at once you go hypo and drop over dead.  It comes on gradually.  You wouldn't eat whole food to correct it either.  You'd drink something with sugar in it.  

Josh found him and was just throwing things out in panic. Obviously Dallas was experienced at using slin.

Common sense post.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »
Dallas spoke to his girlfriend on the phone before he died.

Maybe that phone call distracted him from eating/drinking his carbs... then his blood sugar dropped sharply

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »

Ronnie Coleman just donated $500 to the Foundation

:o

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2017, 06:01:41 PM »
No, it doesn't happen that fast.  You feel it coming on.  I've used insulin a shit load of times, and have gotten hypoglycemic, and its not like one minute you feel fine, then all at once you go hypo and drop over dead.  It comes on gradually.  You wouldn't eat whole food to correct it either.  You'd drink something with sugar in it. 

Not true in certain cases. When you are using GH and IGF it certainly can come on very quickly. I've seen it happen in a couple minutes to where these guys are just blank staring. Like I said earlier food takes time so if he was late with a meal or mistimed or took too much blah blah nothing short of pure glucose could have possibly made a difference.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2017, 06:06:39 PM »
Not true in certain cases. When you are using GH and IGF it certainly can come on very quickly. I've seen it happen in a couple minutes to where these guys are just blank staring. Like I said earlier food takes time so if he was late with a meal or mistimed or took too much blah blah nothing short of pure glucose could have possibly made a difference.

Is it worth it in the end?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »
Is it worth it in the end?

I don't know man. Guess that's only a question you can ask someone who is in these guys shoes. In the end we all are dust, but what a shame Dallas died so young.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2017, 06:24:04 PM »
I don't know man. Guess that's only a question you can ask someone who is in these guys shoes. In the end we all are dust, but what a shame Dallas died so young.

26 is young, but people die younger every day.

The only answer to your question, is how do you live for today? Death does not have an age range.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2017, 06:28:30 PM »

The only answer to your question, is how do you live for today? Death does not have an age range.

It's an odds game. Odds are both of us will still be here tomorrow posting, but as each day goes by the odds are less until one of us dies. The really messed up thing is what you just said, we can go at any instant. My opinion is just do what ever makes you happy without hurting others.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »

Jesus, Shizzo...you're gonna bust out "Dust in the Wind" in a minute just to keep the post count up?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »

Aaron Singerman has always been a man of his word - since I have known him for 10+ years.   He will follow through on this - and he will be very transparent on this.

Your faith in your friend is all well and good, but it does not address the many red flags and questions I raised.  For example, grabbing for dollars less than 24 hours after McCarver passed away is such bad form...  Calling it a Foundation when it is nothing of the sort... Helping “underprivileged children”?  Could that be any more generic?  If this were a legitimate undertaking it would not stink to high heaven.  It does.  And I am not the only one who can smell it.

gofundme ::) more like goaheadandfuckme. I can see this foundation having an administration cost around 98%.

All excellent points Bay.

Shouldn't this Foundation really be for underprivileged bodybuilders?  To help them with their gear expenses?  Or maybe help with their healthcare expenses, especially after their careers are over?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
Bloody hell. Dude's dead, huh?

I read through the whole thread, and from the start, I thought, No way did this guy's drug use NOT play a role.

These competitors are seriously playing chicken with their lives.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2017, 07:06:24 PM »
Your faith in your friend is all well and good, but it does not address the many red flags and questions I raised.  For example, grabbing for dollars less than 24 hours after McCarver passed away is such bad form...  Calling it a Foundation when it is nothing of the sort... Helping “underprivileged children”?  Could that be any more generic?  If this were a legitimate undertaking it would not stink to high heaven.  It does.  And I am not the only one who can smell it.

Can be done in minutes as far as paper work and you can get your EIN number in about a week. If they go this route no one is going to fault them for calling it a non profit for the short time that it takes to make it legal just sayin.

http://info.legalzoom.com/start-nonprofit-foundation-26262.html

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
T