Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Suppose everyone stopped the neocon/liberal hate...

(1/3) > >>

240 is Back:
Imagine if we all stopped labeling the other side as "damn liberals" or "crazy neocons".

What would happen?

Maybe we would realize that BOTH sides are corrupt, selfish, and abusing power, and we would demand candidates without these terrible traits.  We tend to overlook the flaws of our own party reps, as "at least they're not as bad as..."

My guess is that we're trained to hate the opposition party and focus our disdain there.  FOX and MSNBC do nothing but point out the flows of ONE side.  We never step back and look at the bigger picture - NEITHER party is doing the right thing today.

Camel Jockey:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on January 25, 2007, 07:42:21 AM ---Imagine if we all stopped labeling the other side as "damn liberals" or "crazy neocons".

My guess is that we're trained to hate the opposition party and focus our disdain there.  FOX and MSNBC do nothing but point out the flows of ONE side.  We never step back and look at the bigger picture - NEITHER party is doing the right thing today.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you. We have stop turning every debate into a liberal v conservative issue because in actuality it's so much more complex than differences in just political view points. Though there's a sizeable percent of people who don't look at everything as dem v repub, it's just not enough to counter the people who do because they're the majority.

OzmO:
I agree.

It's funny to me when people attatch themselves to a political party and make decision based on what that party is about rather than using their heads.

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: OzmO on January 25, 2007, 09:37:16 AM ---I agree.

It's funny to me when people attatch themselves to a political party and make decision based on what that party is about rather than using their heads.

--- End quote ---

So, what, is Beach Bum funny to you?  Does he make you laugh?

militarymuscle69:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on January 25, 2007, 11:00:32 AM ---So, what, is Beach Bum funny to you?  Does he make you laugh?

--- End quote ---

I'll make a deal, if liberals stop pushing for gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research and outlawing spanking I'll stop bad mouthing them. But those are issues that will be the downfall of America. I am a middle of the road conservative and I think republicans have done a bad job on border and some other things but I believe Dems will ruin the morality of the country

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version