Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Why do people still don't understand the concept of Politics?

(1/3) > >>

Stark:
I hear this all the time... Bush is an idiot... you cannot give Clinton the vote because he is a sleazy bastard, Kerry is a lying crook and so forth and so forth.

People... to really know who to vote or not to vote for you need to know who is standing BEHIND the man that seems to hold the scepter in his hand.
Simply because these are the guys who initially call the big shots.
I simply laugh my ass of every time I hear Rice or any other lying government guy hear the following say: The President is working on a solution to this problem lol.
Like they are talking about an uberSoldier a superhuman with unlimited power and wisdom that is sitting in the Whitehouse working on "plans" to rid this world of evil.
It's seriously pathetic.

The President is simply a Frontman to a corrupt Government.

Hedgehog:
I think this is a good topic.

For many reasons.

When I see the opinion that Barrack Obama would make a good president candidate, or that Al Gore would need to lose 20 lbs, then he would be in the race, then I wonder what the hell is going on.

Politics is about the issues.

What do we know about Barrack Obama and his stand on certain issues? Very little. We know he opposed the war in Iraq, but supported going into Afghanistan, but what else? Is he a moderate, a right wing or a left wing Democrat?

Before this, we can't begin to have an opinion on him as a politician, IMO.

We know more about Al Gore. But his weight has little or nothing to do with if he's going to be the next president.

His only chance is if global warming becomes the biggest issue on the agenda. Then he's a shoe-in.

But his weight?  ::)

-Hedge

Stark:

--- Quote from: Hedgehog on January 25, 2007, 01:09:21 PM ---I think this is a good topic.

For many reasons.

When I see the opinion that Barrack Obama would make a good president candidate, or that Al Gore would need to lose 20 lbs, then he would be in the race, then I wonder what the hell is going on.

Politics is about the issues.

What do we know about Barrack Obama and his stand on certain issues? Very little. We know he opposed the war in Iraq, but supported going into Afghanistan, but what else? Is he a moderate, a right wing or a left wing Democrat?

Before this, we can't begin to have an opinion on him as a politician, IMO.

We know more about Al Gore. But his weight has little or nothing to do with if he's going to be the next president.

His only chance is if global warming becomes the biggest issue on the agenda. Then he's a shoe-in.

But his weight?  ::)

-Hedge

--- End quote ---

Bro did you actually read my post?
What I have said is that the Person ALONE... The President is not the man you are voting for, he is just a Frontman for the 10+ people who are calling the shots, there for it is pointless to debate about the person who is candidate as such but you have to look in the background of things.

ATHEIST:

--- Quote from: Stark on January 25, 2007, 01:19:17 PM ---Bro did you actually read my post?
What I have said is that the Person ALONE... The President is not the man you are voting for, he is just a Frontman for the 10+ people who are calling the shots, there for it is pointless to debate about the person who is candidate as such but you have to look in the background of things.

--- End quote ---
  and you know this how? care to cite your references?

Hedgehog:

--- Quote from: Stark on January 25, 2007, 01:19:17 PM ---Bro did you actually read my post?

--- End quote ---

When it comes to Bush Jr, it holds true, IMO.

He's a person with an, at best, average intellect.

Therefore he's in the hands of the Rove's, the Wolfowitz's, the Cheney's.

His father however, was no slouch. Neither was Clinton, nor Nixon. Neither of these three I believe to have been puppets. Certainly not Nixon or Clinton.

Reagan, probably, and definitely during his second term, when his mental health started to fail.

But not all politicians are puppets.

It's just this current president who's very vulnerable, due to his low intelligence.

Whoever gets in next, Obama/McCain/Giuliani/Clinton/Gore, it will be someone more intelligent, that we know.

USA will have some glory days ahead, regardless whoever wins.

-Hedge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version