Author Topic: any type 2 diabetics on gb?  (Read 4705 times)

tatoo

• Getbig IV
any type 2 diabetics on gb?
« on: February 16, 2023, 07:38:22 AM »
besides me???? just got diagnosed this morning.... a1c was 6.7, glucose 160.... this is crazy to me...43yrs old, 5'6 218lbs 12-14%... i do have a family history tho... ive also used both gh and slin over the years.... been prescribed metformin 500mg 2x per day,,, and ozempic once a week... can anyone tell me what im in for when it comes to the bodybuild/fitness lifestyle....thanks fellas

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: any type 2 diabetics on gb?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 07:50:59 AM »
besides me???? just got diagnosed this morning.... a1c was 6.7, glucose 160.... this is crazy to me...43yrs old, 5'6 218lbs 12-14%... i do have a family history tho... ive also used both gh and slin over the years.... been prescribed metformin 500mg 2x per day,,, and ozempic once a week... can anyone tell me what im in for when it comes to the bodybuild/fitness lifestyle....thanks fellas

Don't panic.

You need to make changes in your diet. 

12-14% bf at 5'6" and 218?  You are kidding yourself unless you are slamming gear and cutting for a show.

218 is way too heavy for your height of 5'6".

What to do:

Drastically lower carb consumption.  No processed foods, no grains, no flour, no sugar.

Go on a very low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet.  No more than 50g carbs a day.  Doing this will lean you up.

A keto or carnivore diet.

Waist size should be no more than 1/2 height.  So check that out.

Your waist should be no more than 33".  Measured at navel.

No need for all those drugs they prescribed you which will likely just mess you up more.

>

Best foods to eat:

Meat, eggs, fish
Non-starch vegetables (green like broccoli)
Berries (but sparingly)
Cheese (not processed cheese), cream
Nuts, seeds
Butter, healthy oils (No canola, soybean, peanut, etc.) Use extra virgin olive oil.

Foods not to eat:

Juices
Fruit (not often)
Flour products
Grains (rice, wheat, cereals, etc.)
Sugars
Low fat foods
Trans fats (hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated foods)
Processed foods

7 foods not to eat - Dr. Ken Berry:

Pizza
Waffles, pancakes & syrup
Pasta
Hamburgers (buns and toppings are bad)
Hotdogs (buns and toppings are bad)
Angel food cake
Chicken nuggets
(Don't eat grains, sugars, vegetable oils)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 07:54:18 AM »
Don't panic.

Most likely you need to just make changes in your diet. 

12-14% bf at 5'6" and 218?  You are kidding yourself unless you are slamming gear and cutting for a show.

What to do:

Drastically lower carb consumption.  No processed foods, no grains, no flour, no sugar.

Go on a very low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet.  No more than 50g carbs a day.  Doing this will lean you up.

No need for all those drugs they prescribed you which will likely just mess you up more.

IroNat ain't lying.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 08:00:12 AM »
IroNat ain't lying.

See edited post above.  ;)

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 08:13:14 AM »
o yeah, im running a cycle, have been...my waste is 37.25... i eat a ton of fruit too..i post in the "what did you eat today" thread... i eat alot of fruit too....i eat clean 75 percent of the year..obviously w the cheats of a normal life...i feel great honestly.. all blood other blood work was good, kidney liver cholesterol, all that shit...hematocrit was 55 tho but ive had that problem for ages... i have no "diabetic symptoms".. my vision has gone to shit in the past year tho...... all bloodwork was clean 2 years ago as well w no sugar problems... so this is some serious shit fellas? 

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 08:13:32 AM »
Type II diabetics CAN be  controlled with proper diet.

Proper diet was outlined above by IroNat.

Ive known  Type I diabetics and they can go from normal to delerious/belligerent,  sweaty mess in minutes if their blood sugar gets too low. Always need insulin and/or source of sugar on hand or it could litteraly be the difference between life and death.

Pretty sure Type II can develop into type I if you don't adjust your diet. If you try to manage it with just insulin you will probably gradually develop type I. If do you manage it through diet you'll lead a normal and healthy life.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 08:39:33 AM »
o yeah, im running a cycle, have been...my waste is 37.25... i eat a ton of fruit too..i post in the "what did you eat today" thread... i eat alot of fruit too....i eat clean 75 percent of the year..obviously w the cheats of a normal life...i feel great honestly.. all blood other blood work was good, kidney liver cholesterol, all that shit...hematocrit was 55 tho but ive had that problem for ages... i have no "diabetic symptoms".. my vision has gone to shit in the past year tho...... all bloodwork was clean 2 years ago as well w no sugar problems... so this is some serious shit fellas? 

Type 2 diabetes has no symptoms but indicates your pancreas is reaching the point of no return in its efforts to control your blood glucose level.  The pancreas produces insulin.

Everything will appear normal until your pancreas shuts down like falling off a cliff or a bathtub slowly filling until it overflows.

Eating fruit is just like eating sugar unfortunately.  You are also probably eating a high carb diet correct?

Keep doing what you are doing and you will really mess yourself up.

You have been given a warning and now have a choice at this time to go for health or continue on your present course and really f*ck yourself up for dem gainz.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 09:00:27 AM »
220 lbs @ 5'6". Rampant drug abuse. "Diabeetus out of literally nowhere!"

Are you named after Herve Villechaise from Fantasy Island?

Listen to your doctor and lose some goddamn weight or get your affairs in order. Your choice.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 09:07:14 AM »

Is that fasted blood glucose?

It sucks when you have to downsize due to shit like this. Diabetes runs in my family and killed my grandfather at 63 and my dad got it at 66. My fasted blood sugar last physical was 99 and one before was 89. So I’m prob right there with you and it sucks.  I’m going full keto since Saturday. Already down  8 lbs so prob keep going to 230 or so.

Good luck bro. I am a big fruit eater also for all the benefits except it fucks sugar up. So no more for me I guess. Drop down to 200 and prob be much better.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2023, 09:11:05 AM »
BOTH my parents died from diabetes related complications.

Asshole doctors told them to eat lots of whole grains, fruit juices and splenda/equal as those "don't contain sugar".... fuckfaces never read the back of the splenda/equal packets which says dextrose and/or maltodectrin.

Ultimately though

Easy fix..

If it tastes good .......... don't eat it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2023, 09:15:54 AM »
Sorry to hear it brother,unfortunately I have no advice to offer.

All the best !!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2023, 10:21:56 AM »
Tatoo,

Your pancreas has reached the point of no return as your blood glucose level is too high at 160.

Should be not higher than 100 or so.

Your pancreas is shutting down and can no longer control your blood glucose level.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2023, 10:25:11 AM »
BOTH my parents died from diabetes related complications.

Asshole doctors told them to eat lots of whole grains, fruit juices and splenda/equal as those "don't contain sugar".... fuckfaces never read the back of the splenda/equal packets which says dextrose and/or maltodectrin.

Ultimately though

Easy fix..

If it tastes good .......... don't eat it

For an artificial sweetener, Stevia is one of the very few that does not trigger an insulin response.

Most of the others, even though have no calories, still trigger an insulin response.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2023, 11:29:39 AM »
Is that fasted blood glucose?

It sucks when you have to downsize due to shit like this. Diabetes runs in my family and killed my grandfather at 63 and my dad got it at 66. My fasted blood sugar last physical was 99 and one before was 89. So I’m prob right there with you and it sucks.  I’m going full keto since Saturday. Already down  8 lbs so prob keep going to 230 or so.

Good luck bro. I am a big fruit eater also for all the benefits except it fucks sugar up. So no more for me I guess. Drop down to 200 and prob be much better.

yes that was the fasted number of 160... and thanks for the luck bro!!!

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023, 11:31:55 AM »
220 lbs @ 5'6". Rampant drug abuse. "Diabeetus out of literally nowhere!"

Are you named after Herve Villechaise from Fantasy Island?

Listen to your doctor and lose some goddamn weight or get your affairs in order. Your choice.

ive have cycled on and off for 20 plus years... so yes id say rampant drug abuse too!! but yes im going to listen to the doctor for sure..

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2023, 11:33:19 AM »
Tatoo,

Your pancreas has reached the point of no return as your blood glucose level is too high at 160.

Should be not higher than 100 or so.

Your pancreas is shutting down and can no longer control your blood glucose level.

many thanks brother!!! for the diet and the blunt explaination!!!!!

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2023, 11:53:57 AM »
Ozempic might make you lose lots of weight. Metformin might give you some GI upset. You could probably get your glucose down with diet changes like what has been listed above or weight loss.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023, 12:04:30 PM »
Ketogenic diet will cure you. In several studies it had substantial effects. In fact in one study just 6 days of keto increased insulin sensitivity by 50% and reduced NAFLD by 58%, which is what I find in patient tbh.

It works rapidly but by cure I mean treatment, you are remitted as long as you do it and if your carbs creep up and you no longer produce ketones your IS will start dropping.

De-stressing helps a lot. there are various other things you could do if you are interested. but Keto is the main stay as is cardio.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2023, 12:12:05 PM »
Ketogenic diet will cure you. In several studies it had substantial effects. In fact in one study just 6 days of keto increased insulin sensitivity by 50% and reduced NAFLD by 58%, which is what I find in patient tbh.

It works rapidly but by cure I mean treatment, you are remitted as long as you do it and if your carbs creep up and you no longer produce ketones your IS will start dropping.

De-stressing helps a lot. there are various other things you could do if you are interested. but Keto is the main stay as is cardio.

im interested in anything that will help!!!!!! i know ZERO about diabetes... ive never had to learn i guess.. so how many carbs is no good for me? how many grams?  im usually around 300 grams of carbs, unless on a cut.... then i cycle them.... is carb cycling a bad idea with type 2?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2023, 12:17:16 PM »
im interested in anything that will help!!!!!! i know ZERO about diabetes... ive never had to learn i guess.. so how many carbs is no good for me? how many grams?  im usually around 300 grams of carbs, unless on a cut.... then i cycle them.... is carb cycling a bad idea with type 2?

Under 20 I believe is true keto. It’s not that bad after a few days. I did it for almost a year. Then fucked up a few months then back on 6 months then off a few months now back on for 6 days and I feel great.  I don’t get the low energy that most talk about.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2023, 12:22:55 PM »
Under 20 I believe is true keto. It’s not that bad after a few days. I did it for almost a year. Then fucked up a few months then back on 6 months then off a few months now back on for 6 days and I feel great.  I don’t get the low energy that most talk about.

ive done it before.... it works... i was just so flat and fuckin weak.. no pump, no veins..... lol is that what my life is about to turn into?..

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2023, 12:27:15 PM »
i also use 3-4 iu of pharm grade hgh per day.... i have for years.... is that out the window too????

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2023, 12:35:31 PM »
ive done it before.... it works... i was just so flat and fuckin weak.. no pump, no veins..... lol is that what my life is about to turn into?..

I would stay on the test and do keto. Prob drop down to 200 but 200 at 5’6 Lean is huge so you must be a monster right now. Not sure how GH and other roids affect diabetes but test is supposed to help with insulin sensitivity. Yeah you won’t be as big and pumped but you will be healthier and still huge. So be still big and healthier or huge and unhealthy.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2023, 12:40:46 PM »
Don't panic.

You need to make changes in your diet. 

What to do:

>

Best foods to eat:

Meat, eggs, fish
Non-starch vegetables (green like broccoli)
Berries (but sparingly)
Cheese (not processed cheese), cream
Nuts, seeds
Butter, healthy oils (No canola, soybean, peanut, etc.) Use extra virgin olive oil.

Foods not to eat:

Juices
Fruit (not often)
Flour products
Grains (rice, wheat, cereals, etc.)
Sugars
Low fat foods
Trans fats (hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated foods)
Processed foods

7 foods not to eat - Dr. Ken Berry:

Pizza
Waffles, pancakes & syrup
Pasta
Hamburgers (buns and toppings are bad)
Hotdogs (buns and toppings are bad)
Angel food cake
Chicken nuggets
(Don't eat grains, sugars, vegetable oils)
    good advices.
F

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2023, 12:53:27 PM »
I would stay on the test and do keto. Prob drop down to 200 but 200 at 5’6 Lean is huge so you must be a monster right now. Not sure how GH and other roids affect diabetes but test is supposed to help with insulin sensitivity. Yeah you won’t be as big and pumped but you will be healthier and still huge. So be still big and healthier or huge and unhealthy.

fuck, im probably in my best winter shape in years but i have been pushing the envelope more alot more than normal... no reason besides i like to bodybuild... great workouts, happy w diet, gear, everything.... sucks because this is a hobby for me.. obviously, it has come w costs... but yeah ill still be just as happy at a lower weight.. never saw this day coming this soon lol...