Author Topic: I thnk GNC's whey is fake  (Read 4333 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
I thnk GNC's whey is fake
« on: March 18, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »
 ...with my new job I drink alot of shakes. almost all my protein comes from shakes, so if my protein was not real a guy like me would be absolutely fucked.

I was using universal whey protein my friend got like 25 pounds for me, great gains during those two months. Im talking about  growth every week.

Switched to GNC's brand the past 6 weeks or so, haven't been gaining shit. I actually feel like I've regressed. The scale is down 5lbs and I look like I've gained fat..

I eat eggs for brekfast and a steak for dinner. About 100 grams of protein per day.  200 grams from protein powder. You go from getting 350 grams of protein per day with universal to really only getting 100 grams of protein per day (if that) and thats what happens I guess.

junk product. Stay the fuck away from this brand. Im fucking pissed. past month in the gym wasted
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: I thnk GNC's whey is fake
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
All other variables are the same by the way
l

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
Sev's latest thread explains this mystery.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:51:24 PM »
try eating 300g from food sources only and see the difference.

powders shouldn't be that big part of your diet anyways.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »
350 grams of protein. Vince Basile would NOT be happy with you. In fact, you've just about blew any chance you've ever had to be friends with him.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
Prove and you can sue. Make a fortune and quit your shitty job.

Hard to believe though that a company like GNC would put out fake protein under it's own name. They have so much to lose. This would destroy their reputation forever.

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
Ian Harrison use to have 50 g whey every three hrs so he knew he got his protein n rest of his diet was whatever of carbs n fats so he got his calories in.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »

Hard to believe though that a company like GNC would put out fake protein under it's own name. They have so much to lose. This would destroy their reputation forever.

You've been around the weights game for a while sir. Do you think protein powders are a load of fairy dust or the real thing?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
i dont think its fake, i dont know the govt regulations on it, but if it were fake you could fuck them up so bad in court it wouldnt even be funny.

its kinda trash cheap roducts anyway,easy to make, no need to fake that.

Ian Harrison use to have 50 g whey every three hrs so he knew he got his protein n rest of his diet was whatever of carbs n fats so he got his calories in.
ruehl too said, for bulking, the protein and then whatever else calories you can stuff down, no matter what it is,nutella etc.

he also said be prepared to have epic moonface ;D
n

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 02:04:37 PM »
Are you 12?  growing from drinking protein shakes?  Really?  Do you really beleive the protein shakes were the reason for your growth?  then if so I have some magic powder to sell you.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »

The company would just say it was a bad batch. Unless people are dying from the product, there won't be any winnable lawsuits of the supplement companies until the whole industry gets regulated. Nobody is really watching what goes into these products.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
I always buy Whey and then forget to use it :-\

Only to throw it out a few months later when I discover the container

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »
"I drink more protein"

;D ;D
n

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »
Stick with Optimum Nutrition.
all drugs - TPPIIP

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:44 PM »
Do you check your kidneys regularly? 300g+ must put a lot of stress on the kidneys.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »
Do you check your kidneys regularly? 300g+ must put a lot of stress on the kidneys.
I've never had any problems while taking in 300+

constitution of a horse i guess  ???

I think protein being hard on kidneys is a myth from bb'ers who damage theirs with drugs anyways

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 02:31:01 PM »

I think protein being hard on kidneys is a myth from bb'ers who damage theirs with drugs anyways

If that were true, kidney clinics wouldn't be putting people on low to very low protein diets. The question is how much protein can a healthy kidney handle before it's too much? There are just way to many variables to know that answer. And as long as protein powders are unregulated and mostly coming from China, one can only imagine the amount of damage the kidneys are taking over the long haul...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
Stick with Optimum Nutrition. chicken and fish

fixed

the trainer

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
...with my new job I drink alot of shakes. almost all my protein comes from shakes, so if my protein was not real a guy like me would be absolutely fucked.

I was using universal whey protein my friend got like 25 pounds for me, great gains during those two months. Im talking about  growth every week.

Switched to GNC's brand the past 6 weeks or so, haven't been gaining shit. I actually feel like I've regressed. The scale is down 5lbs and I look like I've gained fat..

I eat eggs for brekfast and a steak for dinner. About 100 grams of protein per day.  200 grams from protein powder. You go from getting 350 grams of protein per day with universal to really only getting 100 grams of protein per day (if that) and thats what happens I guess.

junk product. Stay the fuck away from this brand. Im fucking pissed. past month in the gym wasted

fuck the shakes and invest your money in real food if you want to add muscle.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »

I dont believe in doctors

live every day likes its your Last...all you can do
l

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »
Protein powder is a supplement meant to supplement a whole food diet........should not be used as the diet itself.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
Protein powder is a supplement meant to supplement a whole food diet........should not be used as the diet itself.

Not really sure what happened, I used to have a huge appetite and many times would suffer from binge eating. I would eat awhole pie at one time, sometimes a whole jar of peanutbutter. That went away about a year ago.

ThenShortly after that, the appetite followed. . I think I've eaten so much chicken,steak,eggs and fish...my body just rejects it. I could get by with one meal a day no problem.
l

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »
get Mike Ohearns protien liquid i hear tthey are good
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »

Eating 100gms of protein for a month shouldn't make you lose all your muscle.
You havent acquired a bunny suit of late have you?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
Get it tested for ash content.  Probably has a percentage of it.