Author Topic: Best exercise to build tear drop/inner quad  (Read 7417 times)

kevthekid

• Getbig III
Best exercise to build tear drop/inner quad
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Other than squats and leg press, what's the best to grow the inside of your quads?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Best exercise to build tear drop/inner quad
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:25:30 AM »
For the vastus medialis movements with your toes outwards and for the sartorius adductor work.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 01:41:49 AM »
For me I could target them much easier using one of those lying/horizontal hack squat machines, the type with a stack, you can wriggle around to find the right groove, start each rep with a tight tensioned pause at rock bottom, if you can get the right machine and feel it is pure battery acid type pump/pain

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
Most any leg exercise with the heels raised throw more direct work on the lower quads.....getting the tear drop affect.

Like squats with the heels on a 2" block (or higher). Or BB Hack squats (heels raised), which works extremely well for a lot of guy's. Front squats (raised or flat footed) also work well. Olympic lifters shoes/boots have raised heels, which target the lower quads. Some men I've known will wear work boots during serious leg work, for height and support.

For inner thigh, might suggest a wider leg stance when squating, with the toes point out a bit more. Though regular foot  spaced squatting should handle that problem. But than again, everyone does not always respond the same to any exercise.

Good Luck
F

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »
Terminal knee extensions

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 01:26:08 AM »
I like supersetting leg extention with sissy squat. I feel it made my tear drop improve quite a bit.
I want to try sissy squat in the smith machine, that should be a real quad destroyer no glutes/adductors involved.

Muscl3r

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 10:23:57 PM »
Will take note of those suggestions. Any other additions?