Author Topic: Newt  (Read 23849 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Newt
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
He's running. 

Gingrich Says He's More Inclined than Not to Run
Sunday, 05 Dec 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says he's more inclined to run for president in 2012 than not to make a bid.

Gingrich says he probably won't make a decision until late February or early March. But he says that talking to friends and thinking about such an undertaking have made him more inclined to believe that "it's doable."

He tells "Fox News Sunday" that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is probably the front-runner for the Republican nomination, in terms of campaign structure. And Gingrich says former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is probably the most popular of the likely GOP candidates.

As for where he stands in a potentially crowded field, Gingrich says he's competitive and somewhere in the bunch.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/US-Gingrich-2012/2010/12/05/id/378984

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gingrich Says He's More Inclined than Not to Run
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »
PLEASE RUN, NEWT!!!!!!!!

He has some great credibility with far-right voters.  Aside from the fact he was giving the meat to a mistress (completely irrelevant for the job he'll do as president), the religious voters like him as well.

Mons Venus

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
PLEASE RUN, NEWT!!!!!!!!

He has some great credibility with far-right voters.  Aside from the fact he was giving the meat to a mistress (completely irrelevant for the job he'll do as president), the religious voters like him as well.

Palin/Newt ticket could be a winner!

:D :D :D

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »

I think you should run since you seem to think you are smarter than everyone else, fag
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 03:25:27 PM »

Newt would be smart enough to grab a Romney for the moderate voters.

The chances of him grabbing another far-right candidate (when he is a far right guy himself), would be small.  He already has those voters.   If he grabs a moderate economic candidate like Romney (who isn't all that good with people but is a solid, well-vetted choice) and he'll likely whoop Obama in 2012.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »
I like newt and would easily vote for him, but he is prone to meltdowns.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
I like newt and would easily vote for him, but he is prone to meltdowns.

Eh, Romney got busted cheating in the debates.  huckabee released a guy who wacked 4 cops at lunch.  Newt liked to distribute baby batter outside of his marriage.  Nobody's perfect.  As long as he could keep his temper in check, he could do very well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »
At this point I think bar none no questions asked the best pick would be a christie/thune ticket.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 03:59:01 PM »
This is great news, I hope he does run.  Although I don't think he'll be as far right as what you think 240.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 04:00:50 PM »
This is great news, I hope he does run.  Although I don't think he'll be as far right as what you think 240.

He'd be moderately-right in the primaries, because far-right candidates are doing very well in primaries.  He'd be more centrist in the general election.  And he's certainly smart enough not to let 'baby girl' cost him the election.  ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
He'd be moderately-right in the primaries, because far-right candidates are doing very well in primaries.  He'd be more centrist in the general election.  And he's certainly smart enough not to let 'baby girl' cost him the election.  ;)

One huge issue he's going to have to work on is healthcare.  He doesn't really have jackshit for an alternative and I think that's one of the Republican's weakest points.  The only thing his CHT ever seems to cry about is fraud in the system.  That's great, but they need to effectuate a lot more change than fraud and block grants.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
Agreed skip.  "the solution is to repeal" works with far-right voters who wear Palin 2012 shirts and are mad about obama's christmas decorations.  But it won't fly with reasonable, moderate voters seeking real solutions.  Obama's solution wasn't perfect - but the fact repubs had zero alternative (and still have nothing) doesn't help them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
Gingrich's harsh words for Obama
By: CNN's Gabriella Schwarz

Washington (CNN) - Sounding more and more like a presidential contender, Newt Gingrich came out swinging Sunday against the Obama administration's foreign policy.

"I've never seen an administration, even the Carter administration was never as routinely chaotic," Gingrich told CNN in reference to Obama's recent trip to Afghanistan. "Every time you turn around, this administration is fumbling somewhere around the world."

He said there appears to be a gap between "the clarity and focus of that campaign and the confusion of the presidency."

"He just suffered a stunning defeat, and yet he's behaving as though nothing has changed," Gingrich said earlier on "Fox News Sunday."
When asked about the current congressional tax fights, Gingrich said the president "is choosing class warfare and political rhetoric over job creation."

He also said it will be more difficult for Obama post-midterm elections to soothe the left wing of his party than it was for former President Bill Clinton because of the GOP leadership.

Gingrich, who served as House Speaker after the 1994 midterm elections, said he was "too aggressive" and too willing to fight with the former president at the time, adding that his behavior gave Clinton cover because he could always say, "at least I'm not Newt." On the other hand, Gingrich said House Speaker-to-be Rep. John Boehner will be a less polarizing figure.

"He's a disciplined team leader, and that's been his background," Gingrich said. "I think he'll be very effective as speaker."

But it wouldn't be a Gingrich press appearance without talk of the 2012 presidential campaign.

He said Obama will be a one-term president if the economy remains weak, "no matter how articulate he is."

He also moved one step closer to announcing his own run for president.

"I'm much more inclined to run than not to run," Gingrich said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/05/gingrichs-harsh-words-for-obama/?hpt=Sbin

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
Obama's a foreign policy master. He's accomplished so much that even the South Koreans are walking all over us.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
Gingrich ponders 'realistic possibility' of 2012 bid
By: CNN's Rebecca Stewart

Washington (CNN) – Republican Newt Gingrich touched down in Ohio Friday on the heels of a trip to early-primary-Iowa on Tuesday, both trips that indicate strong interest in the upcoming presidential race.

Though the former speaker of the house isn't shy about discussing a presidential bid, he did his part to temper expectations about his potential candidacy. In a phone interview Wednesday with the Columbus, Ohio, newspaper, The Dispatch, Gingrich revealed that he's been talking to voters in early primary states "to see if there is a realistic possibility" that he can win the GOP nomination next year, but admitted that he trails three other possible Republican contenders.

"Romney's the front-runner in fundraising, Palin is the front-runner in celebrity status, and Huckabee is the front-runner in polling data," Gingrich said. "All three of them should feel pretty good about where they're positioned right now."

Though several GOPers have openly considered a 2012 presidential bid, none have made an official announcement to date.

Gingrich traveled to Ohio, in part, to screen "Nine Days That Changed the World," a film co-produced and co-narrated by him and his wife Callista, and to participate in a discussion on the environment. He has recently spoken on his idea to replace the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency with an "environmental solutions agency" that has "a collaborative attitude toward the states."

Gingrich is scheduled to travel to at least two more states that hold early presidential primaries, New Hampshire and South Carolina, in the coming weeks.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/28/gingrich-ponders-realistic-possibility-of-2012-bid/#more-145055

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 11:11:40 AM »
I would vote for newt no problem.  He is right that we need to abolish the epa. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
Gingrich: Presidential leadership requires ‘different kind of approach’
By: CNN's Jeff Simon

Washington (CNN) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich didn’t announce his candidacy for president Tuesday night, but he did outline the issues he’d focus on in a campaign and the approach he’d take as commander in chief.

“I think the country has enormous problems,” Gingrich said in remarks made exclusively to CNN. “I think it requires a totally different kind of approach, a ‘we the people, focus on the citizens’ approach that recognizes that all of us are in this together and that it’s going to take a tremendous amount of joint effort by millions of people for America to be successful.”

Gingrich said his campaign would focus on jobs, national security, energy and “reach(ing) out to every American in every neighborhood and ensur(ing) that they truly have the right to pursue happiness.”

The prominent Republican also praised a potential presidential contender, Jon Huntsman, the U.S. ambassador to China who tendered his resignation on Monday and is widely expected to explore a bid for the White House.

“He’s very bright, very capable,” Gingrich said. “There will be a lot of very first rate people. It’ll be a good field.”

When asked if he would like to announce his candidacy during the interview, Gingrich joked that he was “tempted,” and reiterated his self-imposed deadline of the end of February for making such an announcement.

Gingrich spoke to CNN after a wide-ranging debate with former Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean at George Washington University.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/02/gingrich-presidential-leadership-requires-‘different-kind-of-approach’/#more-145408

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
itll be exciting when these folks start announcing. 

Huck was looking chubby on tv yesterday... i doubt he runs looking like that.

Newt is by no means a rock star, but he could very well be an excellent and safe VP pick

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
"Anybody But Barry"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
Gingrich says President Obama is vulnerable politically
By Derrick DePledge
POSTED: 10:10 p.m. HST, Feb 18, 2011

Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, said tonight that President Barack Obama is vulnerable politically because of his job performance and his core values.

The Georgia Republican said Obama has to bear some responsibility for a national unemployment rate of 9 percent and can no longer blame the poor economy on former President George W. Bush. He also said the Hawaii-born president has accepted a European model of governing.

"This is a country which believes deeply in our creator, it believes deeply in the work ethic, it believes deeply in personal freedom," Gingrich told reporters before speaking at the Hawaii Republican Party's Lincoln Day dinner at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. "And to the degree that he has accepted a kind of European model, where power comes from government, where the bureaucrats are decisive, where the rest of us ought to let Washington tell us what to do, I think he has a values challenge as well as a performance challenge."

Gingrich said he would decide by the end of the month or in early March whether to enter the Republican presidential primary. He is vacationing on the Big Island with his wife, Callista.

He said people in Hawaii should rightfully be proud of Obama, who was born in Honolulu and graduated from Punahou School. "I would say that this would be one of the last states to decide not to vote for his re-election," he said. "So I'm very conscious of that reality."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/116524253.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
Newt Gingrich to Make Major Announcement Thursday
by Jake Gibson | March 01, 2011

Fox News has learned former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich will make a major announcement about his presidential aspirations in Atlanta on Thursday.

Washington sources close to the looming Gingrich campaign tell Fox News they have been told to be ready to travel to Atlanta Thursday when Gingrich will make an announcement about forming a presidential exploratory committee.

All signs point to Gingrich officially entering the 2012 race and these sources believe that Newt will throw his hat into the ring on Thursday by announcing that he has completed the proper paperwork to form an exploratory committee.

Fox News has learned that members of Gingrich's inner circle are in the process of changing their email address away from Gingrich's political organization, American Solutions, a tell tale sign that a campaign is on their horizon.

If any additional evidence was needed to illustrate an intention to run, one needs to only look at Gingrich's upcoming travel schedule.

He has been flirting with the idea for months and will travel to the First in the Nation Presidential Caucus state of Iowa on March 7th where he will address the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition. The trip will be Gingrich's third to the Hawkeye State in 2011 and his ninth visit since 2010.

Gingrich will also make an appearance in the first in the nation primary state of New Hampshire on March 17th when he attends Bernie Streeter's Wild Irish Breakfast. The annual St. Patrick's day breakfast in Nashua is a major political event in the Granite state that typically draws both Republicans and Democrats .

Gingrich would instantly be looked at as a formidable candidate. As Speaker of the House he presided over the body when Republicans introduced the Contract With America in 1994 and when they came to a stalemate with former President Clinton in 1995, leading to a federal government shutdown. He is considered by some to be one of the strongest "idea men" in the GOP.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/03/01/newt-gingrich-make-major-announcement-thursday?test=latestnews

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, he's gonna be first?  Or will someone jump in front of him tomorrow?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:45 AM »
Gingrich: I Expect to be 'in the Race'
Friday, 04 Mar 2011

ATLANTA (AP) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says he expects to be a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

Gingrich announced Thursday that he's exploring a run for president, launching a website to collect donations.

In an interview Friday night with Fox News Channel, Gingrich said "my expectation is that by the end of this exploratory process that we'll have an announcement and we'll be in the race."

He called the prospect "very daunting, but it's also very exciting."

Gingrich has filed paperwork with the Internal Revenue Service setting up a political organization — Newt Exploratory 2012 — that can accept contributions. He has not formed a formal exploratory committee — which would make him a legal candidate — with the Federal Election Commission.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Gingrich2012/2011/03/04/id/388435

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 08:02:45 AM »
he said previously he would "probably" make a decision by February or early March

Here is is in early March and all he's announced is that he's "exploring" a run for president

so his big announcement is that he's going to keep doing the same thing he's been doing since the day he was run out of his last job in Washington

this is only to keep his name in the news and keep his speaking fees as high as possible

Personally, I hope he runs.  He's one of the smarter Republican candidates and it will be fun to see him squirm when asked about whether he belives in evolution or his views on the sanctity of marriage.

In order to win you have to be "likable" and Newt does not have that quality and can't even fake it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 08:03:12 AM »
at this point last time, in march... something like 8 of the candidates in GOP had announced already, right?  

This time they're keeping the $ secret, and allowing themselves to AVOID taking positions on a lot of issues.  You start running TODAY and you have to answer Qs about birtherism huck comments.  You have to take a position on Egypt and Libya.  And you have to introduce transparency to your fundraising efforts.

They'll wait until the major conflicts are resolved so they can criticize everything obama did while never taking their own position on any of it.  It's easy to see 20/20 when you're only operating in hindsight ;)