Author Topic: God will heal your kidney failure  (Read 35180 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: God will heal your kidney failure
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2014, 02:21:34 PM »
There are multiple definitions of the term "science" that different folks adhere to and typically the definitions fluctuate based upon how people "do science" and how badly they want to make their defensive argument work.

all the early innovators were very religious

if you study your history some of the greats believed in alchemy
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »

the first 007   ;)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »

the first 007   ;)

they were talking about it on radio 5

about the theory of relativity etc

and how your mind has to work to come up with that shit

the greatest scientis ever was trying to turn lead into gold with magic
T

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »
You're talking to a guy who let complete strangers cum in his ass for money

You're expecting wisdom ?....LOL
I think this is a valid argument

;D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »

Translation:

People do not believe as I do, therefore I am throwing a hissy fit and leaving the forums.

Youre a typical religious nutjob. Intolerant of other peoples beliefs and cannot be around people who are different. Therefore you huff and puff and leave.

If all of us said, "You are right MOS. We are all believers. You have changed us" you would not even think about leaving this board.

Religious people like youreself are the worst kind. Its even more pathetic that youre leaving because we do not believe as you do and are not bowing down to your "words of wisdom."
I REALLY DON'T CARE TO HEAR FROM NON BELIEVERS LIKE YOU......YOU ARE JUST HERE TO SHAKE THINGS UP.......DON'T BAG ON PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE FAITH AND YOU DON'T.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »
I REALLY DON'T CARE TO HEAR FROM NON BELIEVERS LIKE YOU......YOU ARE JUST HERE TO SHAKE THINGS UP.......DON'T BAG ON PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE FAITH AND YOU DON'T.

You mean, don't bag people because they're simpleminded enough to convince themselves of hocus pocus and sky fairies  :D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59:16 PM »
It appears it is you who has trouble dealing with differing opinions to yours.  The truth torments you doesn't it?  I was simply posting about the well known fact about the non efficacy of prayer.   If you were a normal person I would find your response utterly bizarre, but you have made it clear the only reality you like to abide in is a fictional one of your own choosing.  The irony of your post is I wasnt rude at all, and yet you have melted down in a torrent of rudeness and hostility, all of which is lost on me, as it simply serves to demonstrate the negative impact religion has on people and how intolerant they are.

You are as a child.  Now we know.  We all know.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »
Like Man of Steel, The Scott seems like a really good guy, who just happens to hold different beliefs. I think he is probably wrong, but I don't get the hate at all.

Cheers, my friend.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:53 PM »
It always interests me that the vast majority of experts on prayer and those that simply mock prayer have no understanding of prayer or ever engage in prayer.

It always interests me that the vast majority of religious people suspend logic and rational thinking and pray to an imaginary friend in the sky, yet don't believe in the man in the North Pole. They are both made up stories, so why should I discriminate against Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny? Have faith that they exist. Sure, we never see them, but they MUST exist, because I believe that they do.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »
It always interests me that the vast majority of religious people suspend logic and rational thinking and pray to an imaginary friend in the sky, yet don't believe in the man in the North Pole. They are both made up stories, so why should I discriminate against Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny? Have faith that they exist. Sure, we never see them, but they MUST exist, because I believe that they do.

Why do you believe I've suspended all logic and rational thinking?   Is it possible that I (and many others) have experienced things that you have not?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:40 AM »
Why do you believe I've suspended all logic and rational thinking?   Is it possible that I (and many others) have experienced things that you have not?

Religious people always claim they're special, they have this connection with this super power that "you do not" becuase you're not special and I am  ::)
S

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:21 AM »
Religious people always claim they're special, they have this connection with this super power that "you do not" becuase you're not special and I am  ::)

Skorp1o, you used the word "special".....I did not.  

From my post in this thread from yesterday:

I've already experienced the distinct privilege of others coming to me privately and thanking me for my words and my testimony.   Some have expressed a renewal of their faith in God and to be a part of that is a divine privilege that I cherish.  

What I share I do for the glory of Jesus Christ....not for MOS (I'm meaningless).

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »
Religion is based on fairy tales and science is based on facts but then a lot of speculation about the creation of the earth etc...  The truth is no one knows and if and when people figure it out and know they'll fuck it all up anyways.

What I don't understand is how for 30000 years as scientists claim that humans trudged along doing fuck all then all of a sudden in 100 years went buckwild inventing the car, airplanes, computers all sorts of technologies etc...  What were they doing for 30K years?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:15 AM »
Skorp1o, you used the word "special".....I did not.  

From my post in this thread from yesterday:

I just hear many religious people claim God did this for me, God protected me from this and that, God spoke to me...etc as if they are some form of surperior human beings who get to speak to god and you don't. May be your tone was a little different but that's how it came across.

Anyways, I am an athiest, however, I repsect other peoples beliefs within reason. I use the word "within reason" as in a fanatic who beheads another person in the name of hos god and religion is not something I respect, or holding offensive plackards when US soldiers are being burried and their families grieving. If the belief helps you cope with your life and gives it a meaning then good for you.
S

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:47 AM »

This is correct.

Which folks believed in alchemy?   That I don't know anything about.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »
I just hear many religious people claim God did this for me, God protected me from this and that, God spoke to me...etc as if they are some form of surperior human beings who get to speak to god and you don't. May be your tone was a little different but that's how it came across.

Anyways, I am an athiest, however, I repsect other peoples beliefs within reason. I use the word "within reason" as in a fanatic who beheads another person in the name of hos god and religion is not something I respect. If the belief helps you cope with your life and gives it a meaning then good for you.

Human nature is to lay the blame on others and see themselves as more special than they really are.

One thing that drives me nuts are these candlelight vigils.  What the fuck are they?  Bunch of strangers holding candles pretending they cared about you.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »

Anyways, I am an athiest, however, I repsect other peoples beliefs within reason. I use the word "within reason" as in a fanatic who beheads another person in the name of hos god and religion is not something I respect, or holding offensive plackards when US soldiers are being burried and their families grieving. If the belief helps you cope with your life and gives it a meaning then good for you.
I hear you.

Let me ask you a question.  Given who we are (you an atheist and me a believer) if I came to you said, "You're atheist position is pure fantasy and you're a moron for letting that nonsense fill your brain."  Would I be showing you respect?  

It seems you hold to a media driven perception of Islam via extremists cults and Christianity via Westboro Baptist Church.  That's ok because for many that's all the "religion" they ever see.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »
I hear you.

Let me ask you a question.  Given who we are (you an atheist and me a believer) if I came to you said, "You're atheist position is pure fantasy and you're a moron for letting that nonsense fill your brain."  Would I be showing you respect?  

It seems you hold to a media driven perception of Islam via extremists cults and Christianity via Westboro Baptist Church.

Why does anyone have to give respect to someone elses belief?  Why do religious folks think they deserve respect just because?  You ask a religious person to show proof and they tell you it's faith.  It seems like a cop out.  If I wrote a book about a mystery man 1000 years ago who is the son of god names Bobby Boucher you would call me a fraud and crazy yet you blindly believe in the bible as the end all and be all.  That the earth is 6000 years old, that dinosaurs never existed.  Then you will argue that the world is not really 6000 years old which starts poking holes in your book that you pick and choose what to believe.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »
Human nature is to lay the blame on others and see themselves as more special than they really are.

Based on the content of and discussion within this thread who in this thread represents this statement?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
Based on the content of and discussion within this thread who in this thread represents this statement?

Why is it when bad things happen people don't blame god but when good things happen they thank him?

Athletes that win will thank god.  Ask an athlete on the losing team, do they blame god?  You can pick and choose what you want to believe.  Look at every bad thing that happened in your life.  Was god to blame?  Now look at the good things, do you thank god for them?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »
Why does anyone have to give respect to someone elses belief?  Why do religious folks think they deserve respect just because?  You ask a religious person to show proof and they tell you it's faith.  It seems like a cop out.  If I wrote a book about a mystery man 1000 years ago who is the son of god names Bobby Boucher you would call me a fraud and crazy yet you blindly believe in the bible as the end all and be all.  That the earth is 6000 years old, that dinosaurs never existed.  Then you will argue that the world is not really 6000 years old which starts poking holes in your book that you pick and choose what to believe.

No has to show respect for anyone's beliefs, but these little caveats of "I respect others beliefs" is the real fairytale amongst all the criticism....people need to stop meandering back and forth.  It's a personal choice to behave and treat others they way we do.   Today's "era of tolerance" just isn't all that tolerant.....yet another fiction to make us feel progressive.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »
Why is it when bad things happen people don't blame god but when good things happen they thank him?

Athletes that win will thank god.  Ask an athlete on the losing team, do they blame god?  You can pick and choose what you want to believe.  Look at every bad thing that happened in your life.  Was god to blame?  Now look at the good things, do you thank god for them?

We can discuss your further questions, but if you don't mind I'd prefer to steer back to mine first.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
I hear you.

It seems you hold to a media driven perception of Islam via extremists cults and Christianity via Westboro Baptist Church.  That's ok because for many that's all the "religion" they ever see.

There's a post on here today where a guy eats a baby to "protect" himself as gods and spirits told him to do so to protect himself from the evil child....you try and convince that guy that he is wrong and that you're right, good luck to anyone, this beliefs are a matter of opinion, if your eyes allow you to see an actual blue platform in purple, now one can convince you otherwise, its just the way you see it.

My vision is not based on extemist muslims, trust I'm from London, there's religious people with their attire 24/7 around me, what I am saying is that I tolerate the tollerant. I merely gave examples of what I don't tolerate, which you might agree are on the far end of the spectrum, hence I should be ok with 99% of religious people, right?

You can only prove to me that I am an idiot for being an Athiest if you can prove to me that God exists, furthermore, Atheism is not a belief, it is actually a lack of belief, I hold a neutral position.
S

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
There's a post on here today where a guy eats a baby to "protect" himself as gods and spirits told him to do so to protect himself from the evil child....you try and convince that guy that he is wrong and that you're right.

My vision is not based on extemist muslims, trust I'm from London, there's religious people with their attire 24/7 around me, what I am saying is that I tolerate the tollerant. I merely gave examples of what I don't tolerate, which you might agree are on the far end of the spectrum, hence I should be ok with 99% of religious people, right?

You can only prove to me that I am an idiot for being an Athiest if you can prove to me that God exists, furthermore, Atheism is not a belief, it is actually a lack of belief, I hold a neutral position.

Respectfully, you didn't answer my question.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:46 AM »

It's good to be humble in victory and stoic in defeat.  Or so I hear.