Author Topic: China Builds 15 Story Hotel In Six Days  (Read 13584 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
China Builds 15 Story Hotel In Six Days
« on: November 14, 2010, 06:57:06 AM »
I wonder how long a 15 story building takes to build in america??? Hmmmmm...red tape, corruption, union demands, faulty construction, kick backs etc etc...Oh lets say about two years.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

"As the United States and China battle over the finer points of currency manipulation at the G-20 summit, American negotiators may want to take note of this startling testimonial to the productivity of Chinese workers: A construction crew in the south-central Chinese city of Changsha has completed a 15-story hotel in just six days. If nothing else, this remarkable achievement will stoke further complaints from American economic pundits that China's economy is far more accomplished than ours in tending to such basics as construction.

The work crew erected the hotel -- a soundproofed, thermal-insulated structure reportedly built to withstand a magnitude 9 earthquake -- with all prefabricated materials. In other words, a crew of off-site factory workers built the sections, and their on-site counterparts arranged them on the foundation for the Ark Project."
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: China Builds 15 Story Hotel In Six Days
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »
The you tube won't work.  It might just be my iPad I donno   You might want to post this on political too.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 07:12:18 AM »
The you tube won't work.  It might just be my iPad I donno   You might want to post this on political too.

Try it  again

C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 07:12:39 AM »
talk about clueless.  lets have a raise of hands for who wants to stay in that hotel. lol...  you want to talk about faulty construction and corruption and you're gonna hold up china and scold America?  bwhahahahaha...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 07:27:55 AM »
they didn't even give a shit about cutting corners for schools and that's their children.  I can only imagine how much they care about hotel guests lol...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 07:34:56 AM »
epic ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »
woah woah woah...

a building collapsed on its own, and it wasn't reduced to a pile of molten steel and giant clouds of pyroclastic dust?

Something doesn't make sense here.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:04 AM »
woah woah woah...

a building collapsed on its own, and it wasn't reduced to a pile of molten steel and giant clouds of pyroclastic dust?

poor workmanship of American contruction...  The chinese do so much better, that when a building falls, it's still intact, just need to tip it upright :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:32 AM »
woah woah woah...

;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 08:14:57 AM »
woah woah woah...

woah woah woah...

a 15 story building collapsed on its own without governments ops planting tons of explosives to reduce it to a pile of molten steel and giant clouds of pyroclastic dust?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:58 AM »
woah woah woah...

Building was built too close to a levy wall and the saturated soil just could not hold up the building.

Notice very damp (down right SATURATED) soil right under building

More visible saturation of soil

Another view

It is a building practically built on MUD...

Built too close to levy wall. Also notice the soil located between toppled building and river. It looks like there was literally a small LANDSLIDE that may have pushed the building over. Notice also in the background there is another pile of soil pressed up against another building...a sudden shift in that damp heavy soil may cause that building to topple as well. No question this was sloppy construction standards...however I have to take into account these guys may have been rushed into building these buildings for whatever reason and the end result in complete failure. This does not look good for the construction company or any potential tenant who would certainly question living in the other buildings.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »
Samson, that wouldn't have happened in America.  You may have identified the problem, but that's something we don't shortcut or ignore here.  What's your excuse for all the poor construction and cut corners in the eathquake vid? 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 07:09:15 PM »
Samson, that wouldn't have happened in America.  You may have identified the problem, but that's something we don't shortcut or ignore here.  What's your excuse for all the poor construction and cut corners in the earthquake vid? 

You seem to have forgotten Katrina, the San Fransisco earthquake, the Loma Prieta earthquake, the Chicago fire...let us not even bring up the WTC and more. All of these events revealed VERY LAX standards of construction in america for the sake of speed and money saving, building on poor soil, with poor drainage,building on or too near levees, etc etc is why all of San Fransisco's buildings are being retrofitted...it is also the reason there was so much massive damage in San Fransisco during their earthquake, because much of San Fransisco is built on LANDFILL!!!. Chicago burned down because it was a city built primarily of wood even though it was stressed to start building with the readily available bricks...Chicago refused because wood was cheaper (Marshmellows anyone?). Los Angeles discovered massive short cuttings and crappy construction as its highway systems and bridges collapsed (pancaked) during its earthquakes in the 90s. I almost forgot about the more recent bridge in Minnesota that collapsed and they blamed bird droppings for the failure. There are plenty of examples in america of structural failure of buildings, bridges, roadways, water mains, levees etc etc. It just requires the right set of circumstances to reveal the short comings that were done in building the structures. Sadly the Chinese construction company did a couple of obvious wrongs and maybe some unseen wrongs that brought this building to topple over like this.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »
You seem to have forgotten Katrina, the San Fransisco earthquake, the Loma Prieta earthquake, the Chicago fire...let us not even bring up the WTC and more. All of these events revealed VERY LAX standards of construction in america for the sake of speed and money saving, building on poor soil, with poor drainage,building on or too near levees, etc etc is why all of San Fransisco's buildings are being retrofitted...it is also the reason there was so much massive damage in San Fransisco during their earthquake, because much of San Fransisco is built on LANDFILL!!!. Chicago burned down because it was a city built primarily of wood even though it was stressed to start building with the readily available bricks...Chicago refused because wood was cheaper (Marshmellows anyone?). Los Angeles discovered massive short cuttings and crappy construction as its highway systems and bridges collapsed (pancaked) during its earthquakes in the 90s. I almost forgot about the more recent bridge in Minnesota that collapsed and they blamed bird droppings for the failure. There are plenty of examples in america of structural failure of buildings, bridges, roadways, water mains, levees etc etc. It just requires the right set of circumstances to reveal the short comings that were done in building the structures. Sadly the Chinese construction company did a couple of obvious wrongs and maybe some unseen wrongs that brought this building to topple over like this.
You probably shouldn't bring up WTC.  Didn't you think it was a controlled demo too?  And lol at you making century old points against America. ::)  Some of what you mentioned isn't because the items were built poorly, it's because they were used beyond their limits and should have been replaced.  We know we have dating infrastructure in bad need of work. Considering everything we've put our system, buildings, roads through in America I think we've done pretty dang good.  And the cities have held up pretty well under earthquakes and it'll be even better the next big one that hits.  MAJOR POINT still being that it's absurd to hold china over us when they DO HAVE THE PROBLEMS YOU'VE MENTIONED AND A LOT OF THEM.  Even worse, you always get the Chinese government covering up the problems whenever possible.  What they do admit is usually a tiny fraction of the problem.  So no way you can call outAmeriica with China's example lol....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »
and lol at mentioning the Katrina and the levees.  Your buddy Louis Farrakhan thinks it was intentionally bombed so that the poor black neighborhoods would take the hit and save the white neighborhoods.  You probably posted the video where he says this lol...  Which one do you think it was?  Shotty work or bombed to save whites?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 08:01:03 PM »
and lol at mentioning the Katrina and the levees.  Your buddy Louis Farrakhan thinks it was intentionally bombed so that the poor black neighborhoods would take the hit and save the white neighborhoods.  You probably posted the video where he says this lol...  Which one do you think it was?  Shotty work or bombed to save whites?

For a moment...just a moment you were somewhat having somewhat of an intelligent conversation and then you dropped the ball....I guess like an ALZHEIMER'S patient you have your moments.

Louis Farrakhan was NOT the first to say that. Your much beloved ALEX JONES was the first. Farrakhan said the levees were deliberately dynamited by americas whites government three times 1927, 1965, 2005 and even had the book RISING TIDES that proved it all....it is no secret and I posted that info some time ago where your government even admitted it. Alex Jones spoke of the independent test that showed two different types of explosives used in the dynamiting of the levees and the residue samples collected There is also a documentary "WHEN THE LEVEES BROKE" which had survivors of Katrina speaking of massive explosions near the levees after the lights went out. With no power it could not have been the transformers like the media tried to claim...IT WAS THE LEVEES BEING DYNAMITED. Keep in mind I brought up Katrina because right at the convenient time the pumps that drain water from New Orleans (a city built below the water line)...FAILED. also there have been many levee failures along the lengthy Mississippi, Ohio river and Missouri river every year for decades....Shoddy Work? or do insurance companies just like paying out fees to policy holders?

Hopefully you will read this when you brain is in full functioning mode.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »
For a moment...just a moment you were somewhat having somewhat of an intelligent conversation and then you dropped the ball....I guess like an ALZHEIMER'S patient you have your moments.

Louis Farrakhan was NOT the first to say that. Your much beloved ALEX JONES was the first. Farrakhan said the levees were deliberately dynamited by americas whites government three times 1927, 1965, 2005 and even had the book RISING TIDES that proved it all....it is no secret and I posted that info some time ago where your government even admitted it. Alex Jones spoke of the independent test that showed two different types of explosives used in the dynamiting of the levees and the residue samples collected There is also a documentary "WHEN THE LEVEES BROKE" which had survivors of Katrina speaking of massive explosions near the levees after the lights went out. With no power it could not have been the transformers like the media tried to claim...IT WAS THE LEVEES BEING DYNAMITED. Keep in mind I brought up Katrina because right at the convenient time the pumps that drain water from New Orleans (a city built below the water line)...FAILED. also there have been many levee failures along the lengthy Mississippi, Ohio river and Missouri river every year for decades....Shoddy Work? or do insurance companies just like paying out fees to policy holders?

Hopefully you will read this when you brain is in full functioning mode.
LOL, you start melting when I bring up LF.  Where was I nasty in that post samson?  I also never said LF was the first to say it.  You just like LF so much, I had to ask, which you think it is, what LF believes or just shotty work?  All systems to hold back or hold out water will eventually fail.  It's one of the hardest things for man to deal with.  And my point still stands, China is not above any of the things you called out America on.  They could easily be worse.  Hell over there you don't have any kind of media to call them out or criticise what's going on.  Do you really think China is better in regards to corruption and faulty construction?  It's that part that I think is absolutely delusional in your statements here. 

And good job avoiding the main post above the LF question...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
LOL, you start melting when I bring up LF.  Where was I nasty in that post samson?  I also never said LF was the first to say it.  You just like LF so much, I had to ask, which you think it is, what LF believes or just shotty work?  All systems to hold back or hold out water will eventually fail.  It's one of the hardest things for man to deal with.  And my point still stands, China is not above any of the things you called out America on.  They could easily be worse.  Hell over there you don't have any kind of media to call them out criticise what's going on.  Do you really think China is better in regards to corruption and faulty construction?  It's that part that I think is absolutely delusional in your statements here.

Ha Ha...a true patriot you are indeed. Deny EVERYTHING for the sake of supporting a country that can give a rats ass about your ass...lol .

Who said you were being nasty? Who said China was above error? Who melted down? I leave the MELTDOWNS AND MENTAL BREAKDOWNS to you..Without question you are the EXPERT at it... ;D ;D ;D
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
Ha Ha...a true patriot you are indeed. Deny EVERYTHING for the sake of supporting a country that can give a rats ass about your ass...lol .

Who said you were being nasty? Who said China was above error? Who melted down? I leave the MELTDOWNS AND MENTAL BREAKDOWNS to you..Without question you are the EXPERT at it... ;D ;D ;D
as usual, you're the only one in denial.  That's why you're so good at ignoring points made that go against your thinking on a subject.  You've always done it and now you're doing it again.

A. you accused me of dropping the ball on intelligent conversation then you started flipping out on me... Melting... I assumed you thought I went negative first.  Infact you did in response to one of many legit questions/points I made.  Most of which you failed to address.  

Are you know admitting that it's absurd to suggest China is better in regards to construction?  You did call out America with a list of shit, the suggestion obviously being these items are not a problem in China like they are in America.  Infact they're probably more of a problem in China.

And yea, you are the one melting down, as you always do with people who disagree with you.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 11:26:05 PM »
I wonder how long a 15 story building takes to build in america??? Hmmmmm...red tape, corruption, union demands, faulty construction, kick backs etc etc...Oh lets say about two years.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

"As the United States and China battle over the finer points of currency manipulation at the G-20 summit, American negotiators may want to take note of this startling testimonial to the productivity of Chinese workers: A construction crew in the south-central Chinese city of Changsha has completed a 15-story hotel in just six days. If nothing else, this remarkable achievement will stoke further complaints from American economic pundits that China's economy is far more accomplished than ours in tending to such basics as construction.

The work crew erected the hotel -- a soundproofed, thermal-insulated structure reportedly built to withstand a magnitude 9 earthquake -- with all prefabricated materials. In other words, a crew of off-site factory workers built the sections, and their on-site counterparts arranged them on the foundation for the Ark Project."

Wow, that's impressive! Makes me tempted to get into Real Estate Development in China.
Just think how much you could save on labour costs if you only have to pay workers for 2 weeks?  :)

Samson, I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I love an impressive erection as much as the next girl,
...however I would honestly be a little leery of living in a building that went up in only 2 weeks.
w

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 01:46:03 AM »
yep,

the united states is a regular third world country...

;D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 01:55:33 AM »
yep,

the united states is a regular third world country...

;D

Oh shush... give it just a little more time. You know it's coming.  :D
w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »
Wow, that's impressive! Makes me tempted to get into Real Estate Development in China.
Just think how much you could save on labour costs if you only have to pay workers for 2 weeks?  :)

Samson, I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I love an impressive erection as much as the next girl,
...however I would honestly be a little leery of living in a building that went up in only 2 weeks.

I won't say that I don't have some reservations about living/staying in a building going up so fast either, but ya gotta admit it was impressive none the less seeing it put together so fast. I don't think a Hollywood setting for a movie could be put together that fast and those building are not even intended to be lived in...as a matter of fact they only are facades of buildings. Also, the building is said to be able to survive a 9.0 earthquake...now that remains to be seen. I don't think any building regardless of how it is constructed can survive a 9.0 quake, but with China's earthquake activity we should all find out soon if it stands up to the claim.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
Empire State Building - one year. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:37 AM »
Empire State Building - one year. 

At 15 floors in 6 days that means a little over two floor per day. Using one year as a schedule...the Chinese could have build a building over 730 floors high...NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!!.
C