Author Topic: List of pro wrestler's bench presses  (Read 96267 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: List of pro wrestler's bench presses
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2016, 01:37:19 AM »
;)  Every one of these is exaggerated .

Plus Ted did 725 in a contest, only to be overturned the next day, said he didn't lock out. (Ha, no one locks out these days, PL judging is lame).
He had large calcium deposits in his elbows which he had removed, he could then lock out properly after that.

But his 705 in Gus's contest was the record for years... If these wrestlers didnt do it in a contest then it's just a fable for most of them...

Jarhead4Life

• Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2016, 04:25:48 AM »
Kathy and Joanie have same genetics. Kathy is my age(50)and still looks great.
Big article last week on Joanie on Bleacher report:
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the-great-fall-of-chyna/
Very sad story from the start. The reporter did a great job on the piece.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2016, 06:16:29 AM »
I've put together this list. Enjoy:
'Superstar' Billy Graham - 585
 BRAWK! Lesnar - 475
 Eddie Guerrero - 275
 Taz - 450
 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith - 550
 Doug Furnas - 600
 Scott 'Flash' Norton - 650
 'H2O' Ron Waterman - 500+
 Bruno Sammartino - 565
 The Ultimate Warrior - 500
 Road Warrior Animal - 550
 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka - 525 (in his bodybuilding days, before he became a wrestler)
 Sting - 365
 Chyna - 310 (she once claimed she could bench 375, but looking at other female lifters, I find that HIGHLY unlikely)
 Kurt Angle - 420
 'relliK' Johnny Stamboli - 495
 Bill Kazmaier - 660
 Tony 'Ludwig Borga' Halme - 600
 'Total Package' Lex Luger - 530
 Bulldog Brower - 500
 Bryan 'Crush' Adams - 585
 'The Big Show' Paul Wight - 500 (when challenged in the weights room - he did it without too much apparent effort and didn't bother going any higher)
 Dino Bravo - 570
 Chris Benoit - 450
 Shane Douglas - 420
 The Barbarian - 550 for 3 reps (no pause)
 Iron Sheik - 345
 Tank Abbott - 600
 Bret 'The Hitman' Hart - 415
 'Big Bully' Nick Busick - 605
 Nikolai Volkoff - 600+
 Ole Anderson - 405
 Dynamite Kid - 450
 Ted Arcidi - 700
 Reggie Lisowski - 500
 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski - 600
 'Ravishing' Rick Rude - 405 for 3 reps (no pause)
 Skandor Akbar - 500
 The Rock - 425
 Batista - 525
 Ahmed Johnson - 520
 Chris Candido - 400+
 The Warlord - 575 for 6 reps (no pause)
 Road Warrior Hawk - 515
 'Lethal Weapon' Steve Blackman - 550 (in his weightlifting days, before wrestling)
 Bill Goldberg - 495 for 5 reps (but has claimed in interviews that he only does 400)
 Triple H - over 400 (no figure stated beyond that)
 Scott Steiner - 525 (he claimed he could do over 600 in the dying days of WCW BUT Steiner was heavily into kayfabe back then and had stated in previous interviews that he avoided the benchpress where possible, owing to injuries)
 Austin Idol - 505
 Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart - 550 (with ease and just fooling around)
 Mark Henry - 620
 Magnum TA - 350 (for 10-12 reps)
 Hulk Hogan - 550
 Kevin Sullivan - 350
 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair - 500 (in his days as a 280lb powerlifter before his plane crash)
 Mike Graham - 440
 Tony Atlas - 600
 'Cowboy' Bill Watts - 500
 Steve Keirn - 425
 The Crusher - 500
 Bill 'Ax' Eadie - 450 (estimated)
 Jos LeDuc - 600
 Kane - 405 (for sets - no max recorded)

I trained at Luger and Stings gym Main Event Fitness years ago in Marietta (and their old one on Buford Highway before they sold it to Ropeman).  Saw many WCW guys train there.  And a few WWF guys when in town.

Kane was way stronger than that.
Eddie G. I saw him doing 315 for a few reps on the incline
Scott Steiner never used free weights for chest.  All Hammer Strength and cables.  Said it was due to his blown out arms.
Sting was a wimp. 
Sullivan is about right.
Flair - never saw him train with weights.  He always came in with Sullivan, and Kevin would hit the weights and Flair always did 1.5 hours on the stair master.  Maybe he came back and weight trained at other times when I was not there, but every time he was in town at 9am he was on the damn stair master.
I have posted that Zybsycko was shockingly strong.  First time I saw him he walked in, warmed up quick and then did set after set with 405 for 10-12 reps.  And the last reps of each set were not even shaky.  I was floored.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2016, 06:35:31 AM »
I trained at Luger and Stings gym Main Event Fitness years ago in Marietta (and their old one on Buford Highway before they sold it to Ropeman).  Saw many WCW guys train there.  And a few WWF guys when in town.

Scott Steiner never used free weights for chest.  All Hammer Strength and cables.  Said it was due to his blown out arms.
Sting was a wimp. 
Sullivan is about right.
Flair - never saw him train with weights.  He always came in with Sullivan, and Kevin would hit the weights and Flair always did 1.5 hours on the stair master.  Maybe he came back and weight trained at other times when I was not there, but every time he was in town at 9am he was on the damn stair master.
I have posted that Zybsycko was shockingly strong.  First time I saw him he walked in, warmed up quick and then did set after set with 405 for 10-12 reps.  And the last reps of each set were not even shaky.  I was floored.
zybysko was barrel chested /stocky look,kevin Sullivan prior to his 'satan'gimmick was ripped /well built early yrs...

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2016, 08:07:27 AM »
I was always curious to know what the Yetayyyyyy benched, did the Yetayyyy bench a lot or did the Yetayyy not bench so much?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »

Sting was a wimp. 
Sullivan is about right.

Larry trained weights with Bruno in Bruno's basement.

They were always built very similarly. Larry had the same chest and legs, etc. I just think he threw up slightly smaller numbers than Bruno.

Zbyszko was quite candid in his shoot interview with Highspots a while back.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2016, 03:11:39 PM »

Zbyszko was quite candid in his shoot interview with Highspots a while back.

I like how you used the term "Shoot interview" and dropped "Highspots" when only two people on this site know what either of those two things are, brother

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2016, 03:22:40 PM »
I like how you used the term "Shoot interview" and dropped "Highspots" when only two people on this site know what either of those two things are, brother

You better make it 3.

And your boy Kenny Omega is a trendsetter.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »

Sting was a wimp. 
Sullivan is about right.

hey lurker my cousin trained at some gym in georgia with a few wcw guys int he early 90's he said nikita koloff was the strongest one,  out of the bunch.

and that rick flair was basically the same person in real life as he portrayed on the camera

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2016, 03:24:53 PM »
You better make it 3.

And your boy Kenny Omega is a trendsetter.

now that everyone knows who he is I have to start joining lesser known bandwagons

so heres a couple names of "indy darlings" i will nuthug now so I can snub my nose on all the rest of the marks
-Fred Yehi
- Matt Riddle
- Lio Rush

Gulak used to be on that list btw

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2016, 03:27:16 PM »

It used to be eight, but the guy disappeared.

Jarhead4Life

• Getbig II
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2016, 05:38:47 AM »
As far as HHH(Paul Levesque)I highly doubt he was pressing over 400.
When he and Joanie were together he maybe got 315(365 at most).She was stronger than him.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2016, 07:03:43 AM »

hey lurker my cousin trained at some gym in georgia with a few wcw guys int he early 90's he said nikita koloff was the strongest one,  out of the bunch.

and that rick flair was basically the same person in real life as he portrayed on the camera

There was also Coffee's Gym a couple miles from Main Event.  Which was a dirty ass no nonsense hard core gym where every woman in the there benched over 275 and the men were massive and ripped primitives communicating in grunts and head twitches.  Half the equipment in there was held together with duct tape.  You would feel like you needed a tetnus shot after a good work out.  Loved that place.  Nikita had his photo on the wall there, never saw him in person but did see Animal, Rick Rude, Raven, Sid Vicious and Rick Steiner were regulars there.  Animal and Rude usually arrived in the same car together, sometimes trained together but mostly did their own thing.  

Zybysko was shocking to see move 405 for 10-12 full reps so easily.  I mean, you would have never thought it possible from looking at him.  Dude wasn't even at failure on the last reps either.  He could have gotten a few more each time.  Just racked the weight, stood up and would put his hands on his waist and do these waist twists from left to right, then interlock his fingers and stretch his arms up over his head, palms up at the ceiling and hold it for about thirty seconds then jump back and do another set.  He did over a dozen sets of flat bench like this.  Wasn't even breathing hard after the last one.  Just took his weight off and left.  Not even sweating.

In addition to Zybysko, Goldber, Even Kargis (sp?), DDP, and a couple of luchadores trained at the Main Event on Buford (which Ty Felder "Ropeman" later bought and renamed after himself)

Lee Haney's Gym downtown had Abdullah the Butcher (believe it or not) and Iron Shiek (who sweated buckets nonstop leaving pools of sweat everywhere and had the WORST form ever witness in a gym.  Trust me.... it was the stuff of legends), and occasionally Ron Simmons and Norma Smiley.

Powerhouse Gym in Alpharetta had Glacier, Robbie Rage (big ass dope head), Kenny Kaos, Perry Saturn (strong ass dude too would rep standing dumbell shoulder presses with the 100 set of dumbbells for his rep) and Hogan every now and then.  

Main Event on in Marietta had Sting, Luger, Bagwell (total ass hat), Savage, Arn, Jericho, Malenko, Nash, Beefcake, and a lot of the almost-mid-carders and career jobbers like Johnny Swinger, Sick Boy, Lodi, etc...  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2016, 07:14:57 AM »
There was also Coffee's Gym a couple miles from Main Event.  Which was a dirty ass no nonsense hard core gym where every woman in the there benched over 275 and the men were massive and ripped primitives communicating in grunts and head twitches.  Half the equipment in there was held together with duct tape.  You would feel like you needed a tetnus shot after a good work out.  Loved that place.  Nikita had his photo on the wall there, never saw him in person but did see Animal, Rick Rude, Raven, Sid Vicious and Rick Steiner were regulars there.  Animal and Rude usually arrived in the same car together, sometimes trained together but mostly did their own thing.  

Zybysko was shocking to see move 405 for 10-12 full reps so easily.  I mean, you would have never thought it possible from looking at him.  Dude wasn't even at failure on the last reps either.  He could have gotten a few more each time.  Just racked the weight, stood up and would put his hands on his waist and do these waist twists from left to right, then interlock his fingers and stretch his arms up over his head, palms up at the ceiling and hold it for about thirty seconds then jump back and do another set.  He did over a dozen sets of flat bench like this.  Wasn't even breathing hard after the last one.  Just took his weight off and left.  Not even sweating.

In addition to Zybysko, Goldber, Even Kargis (sp?), DDP, and a couple of luchadores trained at the Main Event on Buford (which Ty Felder "Ropeman" later bought and renamed after himself)

Lee Haney's Gym downtown had Abdullah the Butcher (believe it or not) and Iron Shiek (who sweated buckets nonstop leaving pools of sweat everywhere and had the WORST form ever witness in a gym.  Trust me.... it was the stuff of legends), and occasionally Ron Simmons and Norma Smiley.

Powerhouse Gym in Alpharetta had Glacier, Robbie Rage (big ass dope head), Kenny Kaos, Perry Saturn (strong ass dude too would rep standing dumbell shoulder presses with the 100 set of dumbbells for his rep) and Hogan every now and then.  

Main Event on in Marietta had Sting, Luger, Bagwell (total ass hat), Savage, Arn, Jericho, Malenko, Nash, Beefcake, and a lot of the almost-mid-carders and career jobbers like Johnny Swinger, Sick Boy, Lodi, etc...  
GOOD READ,,, 8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2016, 07:21:23 AM »

There's a wrestling sub forum.   The term "Shoot interview" is known by plenty here, numbnuts.
Y

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2016, 07:28:33 AM »

hey lurker i like these stories, did you ever see rick rude train?    not to many stories out there of how he trained thanks !

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2016, 07:30:22 AM »
There's a wrestling sub forum.   The term "Shoot interview" is known by plenty here, numbnuts.

i've seen the wrestling sub

...ummm--it's not exactly the Death valley Driver forum....just sayin

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2016, 07:35:13 AM »
i've seen the wrestling sub

...ummm--it's not exactly the Death valley Driver forum....just sayin

Yeah, but 3 people post there, not 2, so I'm right.
Y

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2016, 07:36:55 AM »
Yeah, but 3 people post there, not 2, so I'm right.

it's the drizzling shits.....legit  ;D ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
How was Shawn Michaels bench?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »
How was Shawn Michaels bench?

135 for 10 reps, followed by hopping off the bench doing a super kick

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2016, 12:56:03 PM »
Anyone who has been following wrestling for any period of time, knows what the term shoot means regarding wrestling.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2016, 07:43:04 AM »
135 for 10 reps, followed by hopping off the bench doing a super kick

Hahah ;D

Anyone know though? He was one of the smaller wrestlers in terms of muscle.

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
Hahah ;D

Anyone know though? He was one of the smaller wrestlers in terms of muscle.
Michaels could do 225 for a solid 12 reps. At the present moment is training like a madman and undergoing cosmetic surgery to return as the face of WWE. Vince wants him to look 20 years old again.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2016, 09:44:01 AM »
hey lurker i like these stories, did you ever see rick rude train?    not to many stories out there of how he trained thanks !

Quite a few times I saw him train.  One reason he and Animal rarely trained together on the same routine is that Animal was following more of a power/strength based training system.  Meaning he incorporated a lot of "bodybuilding" exercises into his routine but with a powerlifter's mentality.  Rude was strong, but preferred to do more volume and a moderate amount of weight so his reps were in the 10-12 range.  Weird thing is that he never did anything for lower body.  Other than 3-4 sets of light leg extensions of about 50 reps each followed by some cardio work.  Never did a single squat or leg press or leg curl that I can remember.  Not saying he didn't train lower body, but I just never saw it and it was weird because I would be at the gym at the same time they would be about twice a month and over a couple of years you would think I would have at least been there a day he did something for legs.

I will say that for chest he believed in very high inclines when doing presses.  Almost to an upright position like you would use for shoulder presses. About 10 degrees short of that and his favorite finishing combo was dips supersetted with the pec dec.