Author Topic: Searching for colleges for my son...  (Read 7889 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: Searching for colleges for my son...
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
College costs the way they are, and you're worried about sports facilities? Are you fucking retarded or something?

Technical school OR Community college for two years then university to finish off degree.

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
Beauty college.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 10:39:46 PM »
College costs the way they are, and you're worried about sports facilities? Are you fucking retarded or something?

Technical school OR Community college for two years then university to finish off degree.

if he has the means to send him to a four year college, why not go for it?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:45 AM »
Until saw Tennessee's site his other choices were (and still are) TCU, USC, CS Fullerton (baseball) and Long Beach St. (baseball). All depends on his GPA. 

Coach, what state do you live in?  Are you paying your sons tuition, borrowing loans, scholorship, etc?  You realize out of state tuition is 3 times higher on average?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 05:47:33 AM »
Coach, what state do you live in?  Are you paying your sons tuition, borrowing loans, scholorship, etc?  You realize out of state tuition is 3 times higher on average?

Cali.  and coach is being a bit overzealous.  the kid is just in 9th grade.  just stay in the books and see if he can even letter by his jr in anything before you start talking athletic scholarships.  given he won't probably grow much bigger than coach, he should stick with baseball.  coach, was his mother taller than you?  then, he might break 5'6".

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 06:16:54 AM »
Coach- I saw my brother & father go through this and if I can offer any advice it would be to keep your mind open and remind yourselves to enjoy the process. Few other times in your sons life will he have folks trying so hard to build him up. My brother/father took it so seriously that they didn't get to enjoy the process. It can be a quality bonding experience that you'll never forget.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:49 AM »
wasnt your son suposed to become one of the greatest photographer ever?

Keep all this stuff for you, moron. Obviously you seem a bit lost about these matters but its not on getbig you re going to find help.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
Coach good luck to you guys.... I'm sure your kid will succeed in whatever he chooses.... you're a great influence on him and a great role model!  I'm sure it will all work out for the best for you guys!  No doubt!
Reading your posts, I couldn't ever imagine that you are a guy who would push your kids to live out whatever dreams that you may have for yourself, but I imagine that you're a good support to them, and being in the business that you are in, I imagine athletics is big in your family, which is definitely a great opportunity for your young one to learn a thing or two!

I'm a big supporter of sports in High School, I myself played something almost every season when I was there; Lacross, Basketball, Track and Field... But.... football - that was my sport.... played it for the first time in 8th grade (When I first moved to the US), and by Junior year I was starting Nose-Tackle on our Varsity Team, started both ways senior year!  I even got letters from different colleges (all Division 3 though!) asking for a meeting to potentially come play for them....most notable of them being Catholic University http://www.cuacardinals.com/sports/fball/index  - I talked with them and was on the verge of confirming, it was almost a done deal, but then I got accepted at George Washington University - and since they don't have a Football team, I ended up choosing academics over athletics and kissed my football dreams goodbye!  All good, not like I was gonna be playing in the NFL or anything (although a couple of my teammates did).

GWU had an AWESOME weight room though, and I spent many hours there!  During that time they tried to recruit me many times to Crew and to the Cheerleading squad, but I kept turning them down, because at the time I was so focused on competing in bodybuilding and just didn't have the desire to do anything else!

Good luck to you buddy!

Thanks for that BIGACH. I think almost every parent has dreams for their kid, some are just more over zealous about the sports future of their kids than others, those are, for the most part the unreasonable ones and thats when the kid starts hating what he's doing. Got to keep things in prospective. Even though he's just in 9th grade he'll be 15 in three months it's time to start planning now. Lets face it, I'm going to be paying out the ASS where ever he goes or gets accepted too. Shit, my parents never gave college a thought, they were just happy with me graduating HS.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »
Cali.  and coach is being a bit overzealous.  the kid is just in 9th grade.  just stay in the books and see if he can even letter by his jr in anything before you start talking athletic scholarships.  given he won't probably grow much bigger than coach, he should stick with baseball.  coach, was his mother taller than you?  then, he might break 5'6".

I would never count on a scholarship, if it happens, great even a partial. He will more than likely stick with baseball and will probably be taller than me by the time he starts his sophmore year. Kid wares a 9/12 shoe, I got stuck at 8 :-\.

I did tell him what ever sport he chooses after next football season, I would pay for whatever extra instruction he needs to gain an advantage, luckily I have access to some of the best outside coaching needed for both baseball and football along with a GREAT showcase company for videos and highlight reels.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:30 AM »
I hope your son turns out to be:

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »
Until saw Tennessee's site his other choices were (and still are) TCU, USC, CS Fullerton (baseball) and Long Beach St. (baseball). All depends on his GPA. 

:'(

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 08:12:13 AM »
..and came across this. I'll be there at the end of April but damn what a facility. Having a great facility is a selling point for him..and me :P.

Check out the video.

http://www.utsports.com/tnfund/tnfund-football-training.html

sign him up at Oaksterdam

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 08:13:22 AM »

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 08:20:39 AM »
..and came across this. I'll be there at the end of April but damn what a facility. Having a great facility is a selling point for him..and me :P.

Check out the video.

Coach, is he looking to play ball?

OOPs, just saw your reply to other threads coach.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:08 AM »

Check out the video.

Given your genes, Coach, I don't think your son will profit from university. You should get him to become a personal trainer or, at the most, to get a two year degree from a technical college. Anything more than this will be over his head.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Coach, is he looking to play ball?

OOPs, just saw your reply to other threads coach.

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
  Given your genes, Coach, I don't think your son will profit from university. You should get him to become a personal trainer or, at the most, to get a two year degree from a technical college. Anything more than this will be over his head.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Thanks, but if I took your advice he'd wind up in rehab before 18. On the other hand if he did become a PT under me he would make more than the majority of college grads.....did that help Jr?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
Thanks, but if I took your advice he'd wind up in rehab before 18. On the other hand if he did become a PT under me he would make more than the majority of college grads.....did that help Jr?

I am just giving you advice not to waste time on things that won't work.

You are clearly not a bright person, Coach, and since intelligence is highly genetic, it is a bad bet to matriculate your son at an university. He won't profit from it.

He can still have a good, worthwhile life is he understands his limitations and tries to pursue success through other venues.

As for rehab, I never needed since I never got addicted to anything. Funny that the biggest drug abusers, ephebophiles and alcoholics are found amongst social conservatives such as yourself. Food for thought...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
  As for rehab, I never needed since I never got addicted to anything.
SUCKMYMUSCLE

I don't know about that - you seem to have a pretty expensive kangaroo and asparagus habit.......just sayin'.
Y

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
I hope you're not sending him to Tennessee. I would pick USC.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »
I love the part about "It features a fully staffed Physician Clinic and a State Licensed Pharmacy".  ;D
and keep moving!

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »
if he has the means to send him to a four year college, why not go for it?

Why throw money down the drain?