Author Topic: Bob says: Drugs have less to do with the b/building look than people think?  (Read 11440 times)

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
Bob Chic lies a lot for no reason.  Just like he claims he doesn't remember turning red and flush face when interviewing Jamie Eason.  Guy is over 40 and still lying for no apparent reason.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
ok, if they are so unimportant, then why does EVERY single IFBB "pro" and every national competitor use them.  If they are so unimportant, get them out of the sport.  The fact is that they are an integral part of "pro" bodybuilding.  without them, would anyone go to a pro show?  Bob once again being disingenuous.

Evey single pro and national competitor also eats numerous meals each day, trains hard and consistently and has taken many many years to get their physique to that level.

But drugs clearly make a difference which is why Bob Chick looks so unimpressive off them.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Evey single pro and national competitor also eats numerous meals each day, trains hard and consistently and has taken many many years to get their physique to that level.

But drugs clearly make a difference which is why Bob Chick looks so unimpressive off them.
CHIC still holds his own off,but it is what it is,if your comparing him in peak form to a less on look then yes.but to get pro level muscle whether its in form of thickness,extreme conditioning,mass,then yes drugs are a main ingrediant with the total equation.as most people said u can have a amateur taking same or even more amounts than a pro,and still not turn pro.whether your a lighweight or superheavy u have to be the best of your class that day to turn pro,then you have to bring your best and thensome to be a good pro.just like boxing it is a big mans sport ,the bigger the more money potential in endorsements,posings,ect...

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Take ALL drugs out of female bodybuilding and what do you have:

It would look like 14 year old boys posing with oil.  A Jr. High School physique contest.

That is the impact of drugs.  We simply suspend disbelief that Ronnie Coleman can get that big on his own. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
One thing people tend to overlook, is that when a bb is "off", they may be off of everything...including, cardio, dieting, training with any consistancy, heavy weights...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
One thing people tend to overlook, is that when a bb is "off", they may be off of everything...including, cardio, dieting, training with any consistancy, heavy weights...

true,due to amount of training,volume,weights done,and amount of food to feed all the muscle needed,a 'cleaner' bber would need less of all the above .a good seasoned pro probably knows when and how to it and make it less obvious on down time,a retired pro either is done or still does stuff to a degree to keep the image of pro size example don long.

Method101

• Getbig V
Quote Bob from one of his articles on BB.COM.. this is a jem

Everyone wants to know why the pro bodybuilders of today are 40-50 lbs. heavier than our pro brothers of the past era's. Is it the drugs? No. Is it the training? No. It's the knowledge of the importance of recovery. It's commonplace in this day to train body parts ONCE a week, not twice

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bobchic2.htm

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Quote Bob from one of his articles on BB.COM.. this is a jem

Everyone wants to know why the pro bodybuilders of today are 40-50 lbs. heavier than our pro brothers of the past era's. Is it the drugs? No. Is it the training? No. It's the knowledge of the importance of recovery. It's commonplace in this day to train body parts ONCE a week, not twice

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bobchic2.htm

Are you saying you doubt that?

Method101

• Getbig V
50lbs of solid muscle just by not training bodyparts twice a week?  :o

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
50lbs of solid muscle just by not training bodyparts twice a week?  :o

It's a combination of a lot of things collectively....but recovery is what leads to building muscle.

By all means...explain what you think it is.

bigmc

• Getbig V
bottom line is if there was no drugs

the same guys would be the biggest

just not as big as they are now or as ripped
T

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Apparently, i forgot by whose words i learned this, but Dorian Yates was one of the first pros to train each muscle once a week....He or someone else said that is the reason he was able to jump in weight so fast...Then everyone caught on and started training that way and everyone gained lots of weight seemingly over night...

Makes perfect sense to me

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I think the training philosophy is one factor.  The other factors are increased knowledge of nutrition and the now pervasive use of gh and insulin in addition to aas.

knny187

• Getbig V
Apparently, i forgot by whose words i learned this, but Dorian Yates was one of the first pros to train each muscle once a week....He or someone else said that is the reason he was able to jump in weight so fast...Then everyone caught on and started training that way and everyone gained lots of weight seemingly over night...

It was also the same time slin & Gh were being used

makes sense to me

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Apparently, i forgot by whose words i learned this, but Dorian Yates was one of the first pros to train each muscle once a week take massive amounts of insulin....He or someone else said that is the reason he was able to jump in weight so fast...Then everyone caught on and everyone gained lots of weight seemingly over night...

fixed
Ron: "I am lazy."

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

It was also the same time slin & Gh were being used

makes sense to me

Are you saying Dorian Yates was the first to use slin and GH?

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sorry, but saying Dorian was the first to use slin and GH and the rest of the pros were not and followed suit after Dorians transformation does not make sense to me....How was it that Dorian, living in England was the only one that used it?

If there is some proof of this, i would not mind being wrong, but it's a little to much to digest...

knny187

• Getbig V
Are you saying Dorian Yates was the first to use slin and GH?

No..but he was the first who made success from it.

as meaning winning consecutive Mr O titles with the help of these ingredients

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

No..but he was the first who made success from it.

as meaning winning consecutive Mr O titles with the help of these ingredients

Coming full circle, probably from working out each bodypart once a week....

Method101

• Getbig V
How come ive read information saying you should train lagging bodyparts twice a week, i even heard Ruhl in one of his videos saying he tried to train his triceps twice a week at one point to bring them up... why would people do this if once a week is known to be so much better.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
How come ive read information saying you should train lagging bodyparts twice a week, i even heard Ruhl in one of his videos saying he tried to train his triceps twice a week at one point to bring them up... why would people do this if once a week is known to be so much better.

Ive heard Ruhl and other state that too, even Ronnie Coleman on his calves....From our powers of observation, has it worked?

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
It's a combination of a lot of things collectively....but recovery is what leads to building muscle.

By all means...explain what you think it is.

and of course you are talking about recovery via, insulin and gh abuse....so yes bob, it is because of more drugs

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Bob, we concede, your smarter then us    :P

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
and of course you are talking about recovery via, insulin and gh abuse....so yes bob, it is because of more drugs

true, gh and slin does allow for more effective recovery

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
On this week's pro bodybuilding weekly, Bob says that drugs are given "way to much credit when it comes to champ being champs."
He says that drugs have less to do with the bodybuilding look than people think.
Given that (we presume) that such drugs helped build Bob's career, is he correct?
Also, Bob also mentions that if anyone could take a pill to look like a pro bodybuilder, they would. Is he being presumptuous?

Drugs are 100% key to look like a Pro.

Without steroids you don't have high enough protein synthesis, cant eat enough food, have a preferred nutrition partitioning, train heavy and hard enough, recover fast enough, all in order to maintain enough lean mass.

Eat as much as Jay Cutler natural and you will get fat and even if you train as hard as you possibly can it will just make you sick and wear you down.