Author Topic: Bob says: Drugs have less to do with the b/building look than people think?  (Read 11439 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
On this week's pro bodybuilding weekly, Bob says that drugs are given "way to much credit when it comes to champ being champs."
He says that drugs have less to do with the bodybuilding look than people think.
Given that (we presume) that such drugs helped build Bob's career, is he correct?
Also, Bob also mentions that if anyone could take a pill to look like a pro bodybuilder, they would. Is he being presumptuous?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
seeing that Bob is an IFBB pro and you haven't even posted a picture i think i'll listen to Bob. :D

Determinator

• Getbig IV
seeing that Bob is an IFBB pro and you haven't even posted a picture i think i'll listen to Bob. :D
So you agree that drugs are not much to do with the bodybuilding look at all?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Lots of people have taken pills (etc.) to try and look like pro bodybuilders

the shit dont work

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
drugs are needed to get to pro size,and are needed to get finished condition ,anything in between is up to the individual.hope this helps....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Lots of people have taken pills (etc.) to try and look like pro bodybuilders

the shit dont work

You're right.  You have to take injectables.

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
  I would say Bob is 100% correct, without extreme hard work and dedication the "supplements" are not near as effective. Although their can be no known exact equation to this as we are all genetically different.

The people that actually say and believe the "all drugs" theory, truly have not went to their full potential and probably never will.

X

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Genetics are more important than drugs IMO.The gyms are full of guys who take loads of gear but how many look like pro's?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
You're right.  You have to take injectables.

ampules give me indigestion

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
ok, if they are so unimportant, then why does EVERY single IFBB "pro" and every national competitor use them.  If they are so unimportant, get them out of the sport.  The fact is that they are an integral part of "pro" bodybuilding.  without them, would anyone go to a pro show?  Bob once again being disingenuous.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
On this week's pro bodybuilding weekly, Bob says that drugs are given "way to much credit when it comes to champ being champs."
He says that drugs have less to do with the bodybuilding look than people think.
Given that (we presume) that such drugs helped build Bob's career, is he correct?
Also, Bob also mentions that if anyone could take a pill to look like a pro bodybuilder, they would. Is he being presumptuous?

That is the biggest load of bullshit statement I think I've ever heard!
Squadfather, you're being Nieve.

Bob is just trying to further his own agenda.

Look at all former BBers.
Most are all show no go!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
ok, if they are so unimportant, then why does EVERY single IFBB "pro" and every national competitor use them.  If they are so unimportant, get them out of the sport.  The fact is that they are an integral part of "pro" bodybuilding.  without them, would anyone go to a pro show?  Bob once again being disingenuous.

Are you really this nieve or just pretending?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Chic is the man when it comes to semantics.  A pill or drug by itself will probably not help you in any kind of significant way.  It is the lifting and diet combined with the drugs that make it happen.  Some people react better than others to the drugs, hence the term "genetics".  But, if they didn't work then why take them.  And why take so much.  Chic is really funny sometimes.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
ampules give me indigestion

he didn't say they are unimportant, he said they are given too much credit. just because the majority of pro bb's use steroids is different than the majority of steroid users becoming pro's.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Modern bodybuilding is ALL DRUGS.

Now don't get me wrong... yes, you need superior genetics, and yes you need to lift weights, no one is disputing that.  BUT, don't kid yourselves:  the difference between a Steve Reeves and a Jay Cutler (both of whom had superior genetics and both of whom lifted weights) is 100% drugs.

Hope this helps.

Ron: "I am lazy."

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Are you really this nieve or just pretending?

First, the word is naive.  Second, Chic has said himself that without drugs there is no "pro" bodybuilding.  For him to now say they play a less important role than the public thinks is simply insulting to our intelligence.  It seems to be a standard response that the "pros" use when asked about drugs.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
First, the word is naive.  Second, Chic has said himself that without drugs there is no "pro" bodybuilding.  For him to now say they play a less important role than the public thinks is simply insulting to our intelligence.  It seems to be a standard response that the "pros" use when asked about drugs.

Is that so? Please explain how you believe the opposite...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
First, the word is naive.  Second, Chic has said himself that without drugs there is no "pro" bodybuilding.  For him to now say they play a less important role than the public thinks is simply insulting to our intelligence.  It seems to be a standard response that the "pros" use when asked about drugs.

First, whatever. Second, for some people bodybuilding is their profession. Thirdly, I would suggest you attend a seminar sometime, where you may find you will receive more candid responses from bodybuilders.

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
Genetics are more important than drugs IMO.The gyms are full of guys who take loads of gear but how many look like pro's?
so true........

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is that so? Please explain how you believe the opposite...

okay, tell me how you would have turned "pro" without drugs?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
"Its all genetics"
"drugs are only a finishing touch"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

I asked for your explanation....are you going to enlighten us to your pearls of wisdom and back yourself up, or not?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so true........

hey, Toma!! congrats on the pro card. hey bro, i don't know if you remember me but we were in the same class at the western Canadians in 95.. we both got beat by that guy with hips wider than his shoulders.

rik

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I asked for your explanation....are you going to enlighten us to your pearls of wisdom and back yourself up, or not?

you won't answer my question becuase to do so would be to prove my point.  no drugs=no pro bodybuilding.  so how is it that they don't play an important role?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

He's right...

just look at those same champs after they go off the sauce, you  coudn't tell if theyre on or not, because they keep their "bodybuilding look" .

Now Whey protein are given too much credit when it comes to champ being champ."

So from now on if you want to get the "ULTIMATE bodybuilding look", just eat 6 pounds of red meat per day and train with determination.