Author Topic: Watched "Fight Quest" the TV Show last night  (Read 1211 times)

gymrat75

• Getbig III
Watched "Fight Quest" the TV Show last night
« on: June 01, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
Anybody else see the show? I'm overseas, so I dont know how recent the show is...but it was pretty cool and entertaining. The premise of the show is....2 mixed martial arts fighters from the US travel around the world to different countries training in different fighting styles and then take on some of their top fighters.....

The episode I watched, the 2 MMA fighters had really solid good fighting backgrounds (boxing, Kickboxing, wrestling, etc) Anyhow, they traveled to China and each stayed at a different Shaolin Monk Temple for 5 days training in Kung-Fu and after the five days, they each were to fight with the Temple's best fighters....The first MMA American Fighter lost a very close fight...the Kung Fu dudes are very quick and like to fight on the outside where the MMA american fighters like to fight up close and in the inside. The second MMA American Fighter won a very close fight...he was just going bazerk and throwing the Kung Fu fighter out of the ring constantly...the Monk's had some vicious fucking kicks...One of the American MMA fighters showed the TV one of the Nastiest bruises I have ever seen in my life (right on his shoulder that he took while blocking a kick)...he went on to say that if that kick would of hit someone in the head or neck that it could definately kill and average person. All in all, very entertaining show.

Oh, the americans were amazed at how the monks could break real bricks with their hands and break metal poles over their head. Another cool thing, one of the MMA fighters fucked up his hand badly while trying to break a brick and the Grand Master Monk did some shit like Mr. Miagi and rubbed his hands together and actually healed the MMA fighters hand....it was mad crazy!!! The american was in disbelief!!!!! All fucking real!!

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Watched "Fight Quest" the TV Show last night
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »
In the US the season is over. There were actually some real good episodes. I really like the episode where they go to train with Kyokushin guys.

By the way where are you at oversees...

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »
Yokosuka, Japan, about 1 hour south of Tokyo.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
Good show. Was pretty cool seeing some of the different arts in their birthplaces.

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 04:02:50 AM »
Since I only got the chance to watch one episode here in japan, which country had the badest of bad asses? Thailand? I've visited there and them jokers do not fuck around. They have kick boxing matches everywhere. I was sitting at a bar and saw the most brutal knock out anywhere....the fighter got hit with a right hook, bounced off the ropes....you could see the guys eyes roll back in his head and just when you thought it was over and as he was bouncing off the ropes half unconscious...he delivered a brutal spinning back fist to knock out the other fighter......absolutely insane!!!

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 05:22:33 AM »
well, i enjoyed a lot the episode on brazil, training jiu jitsu off course....its a cool show
!