Author Topic: Dumbbell power clean and press  (Read 3064 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Dumbbell power clean and press
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
I need some guidance from guys that have used them. I have never used them and I want to start off on the right foot. I look at videos on you tube and two methods are used. One is holding the dumbbells at the sides to start. The second method is starting the pull with the dumbbells between the legs.

These guys seem to have a method. It seems to me though the legs work harder if the dumbbells are on the outside. I don't know? Give me some advices.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Dumbbell power clean and press
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »
I've always done them with the dumbbells on the side.  The dumbbells start directly in line with your shoulders and go straight up.  You don't want a wide stance doing cleans or power cleans.  The guy doing the idiotic wide stance probably does sumo deadlifts.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:41:44 PM »
I've always done them with the dumbbells on the side.  The dumbbells start directly in line with your shoulders and go straight up.  You don't want a wide stance doing cleans or power cleans.  The guy doing the idiotic wide stance probably does sumo deadlifts.

Makes sense to me. If you want to see how high you can jump you don't spread your legs wide and attempt your best jump.

The video guys do look like real athletes though.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 06:00:43 PM »
Makes sense to me. If you want to see how high you can jump you don't spread your legs wide and attempt your best jump.

The video guys do look like real athletes though.
I can see how it would be easier to get lower squatting with a wider stance.  You could experiment and see what works best for you.  Dumbbells are closer to the floor than a barbell. Every example on YouTube is outside the legs just about.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 06:17:01 PM »
I've always done them single arm with the DB between my legs. The few times I did with 2 DB's I started with the DB's between my legs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!