Author Topic: California = Liberal Failed State  (Read 21545 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: California = Liberal Failed State
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »
Of course that's why we live here (in addition to occupational reasons).
What more reason do you need?
Occupational reasons where you have to make 3x the national average just to live comfortably? (Where, FYI according to the numbers Ive seen, you DONT make 3x the national average on the majority of jobs)

If your lucky enough to have a job in Cali that pays enough to live well, good on you. But your definatley not in the majority, otherwise you wouldnt be having such a massive exodus of people fleeing to less retardedly ran states.

BTW, this topic I think was supposed to more be about the failure of Cali's political ideologies, than about why Cali owns ever other state cause of the bitches and sun.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Occupational reasons where you have to make 3x the national average just to live comfortably? (Where, FYI according to the numbers Ive seen, you DONT make 3x the national average on the majority of jobs)

If your lucky enough to have a job in Cali that pays enough to live well, good on you. But your definatley not in the majority, otherwise you wouldnt be having such a massive exodus of people fleeing to less retardedly ran states.

BTW, this topic I think was supposed to more be about the failure of Cali's political ideologies, than about why Cali owns ever other state cause of the bitches and sun.

You sound like an embittered ex-Californian that couldn't cut it in this state.
Some jobs (entertainment industry) you don't have a choice--it's either NY or CA--and I'd take California over NY any day.
I agree that it is poorly ran, but things haven't fallen off enough yet that people don't want to live here. It's still better than living in the midwest.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »
You sound like an embittered ex-Californian that couldn't cut it in this state.
Some jobs (entertainment industry) you don't have a choice--it's either NY or CA--and I'd take California over NY any day.
I agree that it is poorly ran, but things haven't fallen off enough yet that people don't want to live here. It's still better than living in the midwest.
I was in the Military broseph, Camp Pendleton. Not originally Californian. I didnt have to struggle for a job or deal with any of that shit - I could just see what it was like whenever we had liberty. Yeah, its was fun and you guys had hot loose chicks, but I would never go there for a job, when I could go elsewhere and live a much higher standard of living with the same or lower wage.
Im married and not interested in hot sluts anymore, and there is plenty of other strong economies have decent weather and arent particularly hostile towards skilled workers. But thats just me.
These are all observations from someone fairly unbiased - I wasnt from there and was distant enough from things that I could enjoy the good things but still take an overall look at the state.

You guys in the state seem to love it like there isnt anything else (Most while never having lived anywhere else), while most other people look at California like a plague they wish to break off and float away. (I dont feel that strongly, but there is plenty of reasons for me to move somewhere else and zero for me to move back there.) - Again these are simply observations made over the course of my life, from people that lived their to people that left, and people from across the country.

I think what is most interesting is that back in the 90's, everyone wanted to move to Cali. Now you cant pay people to move there. Its strange to me, but Its mostly laid squarely at the feet of your state government.

BTW, comparing the midwest to anything is akin to comparing it to a piece of shit. No one wants to live in the midwest.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
I was in the Military broseph, Camp Pendleton. Not originally Californian. I didnt have to struggle for a job or deal with any of that shit - I could just see what it was like whenever we had liberty. Yeah, its was fun and you guys had hot loose chicks, but I would never go there for a job, when I could go elsewhere and live a much higher standard of living with the same or lower wage.
Im married and not interested in hot sluts anymore, and there is plenty of other strong economies have decent weather and arent particularly hostile towards skilled workers. But thats just me.
These are all observations from someone fairly unbiased - I wasnt from there and was distant enough from things that I could enjoy the good things but still take an overall look at the state.

You guys in the state seem to love it like there isnt anything else (Most while never having lived anywhere else), while most other people look at California like a plague they wish to break off and float away. (I dont feel that strongly, but there is plenty of reasons for me to move somewhere else and zero for me to move back there.) - Again these are simply observations made over the course of my life, from people that lived their to people that left, and people from across the country.

I think what is most interesting is that back in the 90's, everyone wanted to move to Cali. Now you cant pay people to move there. Its strange to me, but Its mostly laid squarely at the feet of your state government.

BTW, comparing the midwest to anything is akin to comparing it to a piece of shit. No one wants to live in the midwest.

California is superior to all other states. We have the largest economy and the most electoral votes. Our opinion has a far greater impact than other states.
We are effectively a separate country. We have the hottest women. We have an amazing climate and the beach. We have celebrities.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »
California is superior to all other states. We have the largest economy and the most electoral votes. Our opinion has a far greater impact than other states.
We are effectively a separate country. We have the hottest women. We have an amazing climate and the beach. We have celebrities.
This made me lol, and is probably the only reason I could justify the San Andreas fault breaking off and watching you guys float away.
Itd all be worth it just to get rid of all those homo actors/celebrities/wannabe celebrities.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »
Ive lived there! Aside from the weather its a fucking shithole! Yes, there are some beautiful neighborhoods, but unless your a millionaire it fucking sucks there IMHO. Just because its pretty doesnt mean its a nice place to live.

Seriously, I kind of understand pride in your state, but I fucking hate my home state of Washington. I realize its a shithole, and I realize my government is making things 100x worse.
Seems like 99% of you California's live in ignorance, like your cities arent going bankrupt, like its some glorious wonderland and that you cannot imagine living anywhere else.

My school has more CNC programmer positions calling from Cali for workers, than their are people in the class. No one will go work there, not even the 2 guys from Cali. They told everyone else to stay the fuck outta that state if you want a decent living.

Dude, stop being a propaganda bot, I make decent living, have a nice house, car etc...   AND the weather and terrain is fantastic.  People are friendlier for the most part than most of the USA too.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:57 PM »
Dude, stop being a propaganda bot, I make decent living, have a nice house, car etc...   AND the weather and terrain is fantastic.  People are friendlier for the most part than most of the USA too.
Im dead serious dude. My school is getting calls daily from race shops in Cali that need CNC machinists (operators and programmers), and no one is willing to go there.
I dont know why you think Im being a propoganda bot, im not making shit up.

- It has nice weather and hot chicks;
- but you have to make waaayyy more to have the same quality of life as other places.
- and, your government is bankrupting your state moreso than any other state.
- Your having a mass exodus of skilled employees to other states.
These are facts.

You refuted NOTHING I have said, just the same thing you say everytime, weather yadda yadda im doing ok.
Duh.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »
The economy is huge, but the political climate is bankrupting your state.  And copying their laws isnt going to re-create a private sector economy - its going to bankrupt a much smaller economy much faster.
Does a massive economy matter if you have to make 200k just to get by? (Most people I know from California moved out of state to do the same job for less money, but with a huge increase in quality of life due to lower costs of living.)
Does it matter if the cities are going bankrupt and the skilled proffesionals are fleeing en'mass due to their government?
Does it matter if the economy is collapsing under the political laws?
JMHO from my very limited knowledge of Econ.

You will get no disagreement from me that there is a huge problem with the way politicians in California typically look at their own economy and most of that stems from lack of control on spending. The problem is that it's not just them.

In 2009 there was a ballot vote that basically said "Should the government cut spending"? The vote was a resounding YES by a pretty good majority.

Along with that was a subsection, of, should we cut:

Public Safety: Vote was a majority NO
Social Services: Vote was a majority NO
Road Service: Vote was a majority NO

Basically, they all voted yes to cutting spending, and then they voted NO on cutting it out from an specific item.

So nothing got cut and all of the spending stayed.

That's why California is fucked up.

This was a public vote... The constituents voted this way. I was dumbfounded.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2012, 06:07:36 AM »

May 12, 2012
Shortfall in California’s Budget Swells to $16 Billion
By ADAM NAGOURNEY
LOS ANGELES — The state budget shortfall in California has increased dramatically in the last six months, forcing state officials to assemble a series of new spending cuts that are likely to mean further reductions to schools, health care and other social programs already battered by nearly five years of budget retrenchment, state officials announced on Saturday.

Gov. Jerry Brown, disclosing the development in a video posted on YouTube, said that California’s shortfall was now projected to be $16 billion, up from $9.2 billion in January. Mr. Brown said that he would propose a revised budget on Monday to deal with it.

“We are now facing a $16 billion hole, not the $9 billion we thought in January,” Mr. Brown said. “This means we will have to go much further and make cuts far greater than I asked for at the beginning of the year.”

Mr. Brown disclosed the news in a video that had all the trappings of a campaign announcement. In it, he aggressively accounted for the steps he said he had taken to try to scale back a $26 billion deficit he found upon taking office. And he urged viewers to back an initiative he is putting on the November ballot that would increase sales taxes by 0.25 percent and impose an income tax surcharge on wealthy Californians to try to stave off more cuts.

State officials said Mr. Brown’s proposal would include a package of immediate cuts, as well as others that would be triggered only if voters failed to approve his tax plan. The sales tax increase would expire after four years, while the income tax surcharge would last for seven years.

State officials said the shortfall was a result of disappointing revenue collections in April as California continued to struggle to pull out of the recession. “We are still recovering from the worst recession since the 1930s,” Mr. Brown said.

Still, the state controller reported that the state had exceeded spending by $2.1 billion as well, though Mr. Brown said court rulings and other actions that restricted California from making the cuts were at least partly to blame.

At the same time, the deficit projections — which have been increasing since Mr. Brown and the Democratic-controlled Legislature approved a budget last summer — suggest that the state may have been overly optimistic in estimating what kind of revenue it would take in. That has been a repeated problem in Sacramento as officials have struggled over the past five years with the state’s worst financial crisis since the Depression. Mr. Brown, in taking office last year, pledged to end what he said were the tricks lawmakers regularly used to paper over budget shortfalls.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:25 AM »
(Democrat) Brown pushes tax hike as California's money woes deepen
reuters ^ | 5/14/2012 | Jim Christie
Posted on May 14, 2012 6:24:51 AM EDT by tobyhill

(Democrat) California Governor Jerry Brown was elected in 2010 on a promise to fix the state's chronic fiscal crisis. His weekend announcement of a much bigger-than-expected shortfall in the state budget signals how far he still has to go.

In an unusual move that underscored the highly politicized nature of the state budget, Brown took to YouTube on Saturday to deliver the bad news: the state's projected budget deficit for the fiscal year starting July 1 is now $16 billion, up from the $9 billion anticipated in January.

The Democratic governor also warned of further cuts to an already-battered public education system if voters rejected a tax increase in a ballot initiative this fall.

On Monday, Brown will hold a news conference to detail the new budget deficit and how he intends to close it.

California, whose economy is the largest in the nation and would rank ninth in the world if the state were a country, has struggled for decades with a tax system in which property tax increases are limited by law and tax hikes of any kind must be approved by voter initiatives or a two-thirds vote of the legislature.

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
California and further tax hikes:

1.)The new taxes won't generate the amount of money that they predict.
2.)They will budget for the fantasy amount anyways.
3.)Every last penny of the new revenue will be spent.
4.)They will be in a deeper hole next year.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »
California and further tax hikes:

1.)The new taxes won't generate the amount of money that they predict.
2.)They will budget for the fantasy amount anyways.
3.)Every last penny of the new revenue will be spent.
4.)They will be in a deeper hole next year.
5.)Will drive more skilled employees out of the state, which I guess falls under number 1 as well.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
They deserve everything they get for voting for the same Democrats who destroyed that state's economy.

Que a moron to "brag" about California's weather in 3, 2, 1...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2012, 12:02:57 PM »
I am for reducing the state's population.  Its the only real shitty thing about place.  And frankly, unless you are a state or city employee, California is freaking great!

Very mild winters, tons of stuff to do, very little gray dirty industrial shit holes, like for example Cleveland, skiing, surfing, hiking, camping, etc. practically year round,  ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
They deserve everything they get for voting for the same Democrats who destroyed that state's economy.

Que a moron to "brag" about California's weather in 3, 2, 1...
Here's the point Dario:

Unless you live in Cali you don't get it.  Nothing that you read about, the blatant propaganda about a failed liberal state, affects me or the vast majority of people here.

So yeah, the weather is GREAT!

I hope California's budget troubles makes you feel better about living what ever shit hole you live in.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
Here's the point Dario:

Unless you live in Cali you don't get it.  Nothing that you read about, the blatant propaganda about a failed liberal state, affects me or the vast majority of people here.

So yeah, the weather is GREAT!

I hope California's budget troubles makes you feel better about living what ever shit hole you live in.

HEHEHEHE!!

So you are not concerned that you live in a bankrupt state and that in time the other states with the "bad" weather may have to bail you out.

Give it time. Unless you are wealthy, if your state doesn't get it together, you will suffer the consequences.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
HEHEHEHE!!

So you are not concerned that you live in a bankrupt state and that in time the other states with the "bad" weather may have to bail you out.

Give it time. Unless you are wealthy, if your state doesn't get it together, you will suffer the consequences.

I have lived here for 35 years. 

If all you can say is:  "Give it time. Unless you are wealthy, if your state doesn't get it together, you will suffer the consequences." then you are grasping for straws and making assertions based on complete ignorance.

AND...............consid ering you don't even live here shows hows stupid you are to fall for conservative spin.

That being said, you should know where i stand on California issues:

-  too much government
-  Corrupt state government
-  Wanted Meg not Jerry
-  Too much EPA BS
-  State has lots of problems

But as far it affects me?  It doesn't.  What affects me is the great weather, and the greatness of the land.   :)

Spent the weekend in Simi Valley and Ventura, visited the Ronald Reagan Library, hung out on the beach, Over dosed on Beer and Sushi.   :)

What's not to love?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »

If all you can say is:  "Give it time. Unless you are wealthy, if your state doesn't get it together, you will suffer the consequences." then you are grasping for straws and making assertions based on complete ignorance.

AND...............consid ering you don't even live here shows hows stupid you are to fall for conservative spin.

-  too much government
-  Wanted Meg not Jerry
-  Too much EPA BS

But as far it affects me?  It doesn't.  What affects me is the great weather, and the greatness of the land.   :)

Spent the weekend in Simi Valley and Ventura, visited the Ronald Reagan Library, hung out on the beach, Over dosed on Beer and Sushi.   :)

What's not to love?

pelosi, waxman, feinstein, gov. brown, boxer, gavin neusem, et al. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »

-  too much government
-  Wanted Meg not Jerry
-  Too much EPA BS

What's not to love?

Did you not read your post? You just confirmed why  your state is in the economic crapper. Conservative view point? Your state's troubling economic stituation has been reported by many in the media. EVEN WITHIN YOUR STATE. I don't need to live there to read the figures. IT IS A FACT YOUR STATE IS IN TROUBLE, EVEN IF A CONSERVATIVE SAYS IT.

But, hey, you have nice weather, duuuuude. Hanging tan, man!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
Did you not read your post? You just confirmed why  your state is in the economic crapper. Conservative view point? Your state's troubling economic stituation has been reported by many in the media. EVEN WITHIN YOUR STATE. I don't need to live there to read the figures. IT IS A FACT YOUR STATE IS IN TROUBLE, EVEN IF A CONSERVATIVE SAYS IT.

But, hey, you have nice weather, duuuuude. Hanging tan, man!!

So?

Its doesn't effect me, but things like the weather do.

Take pleasure in pointing out the economic problems of California to help make life easier to live in the shit hole you live in.

READ THAT.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »
So?

Its doesn't effect me, but things like the weather do.

Take pleasure in pointing out the economic problems of California to help make life easier to live in the shit hole you live in.

READ THAT.   :)

Perfect example of an obamabot right there.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2012, 01:12:39 PM »
Perfect example of an obamabot right there.   

Tool is tool does.  (always goes to the OB bot lol)

How's that shit hole you live in these days?

You know, that dirty immigrant infested sewer?

:)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »
Tool is tool does.  (always goes to the OB bot lol)

How's that shit hole you live in these days?

You know, that dirty immigrant infested sewer?

:)

Trying to leave - it sucks. 

Thugs everywhere worse than roaches. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »
Trying to leave - it sucks. 

Thugs everywhere worse than roaches. 

Is it hard because your business is there?

Don't blame ya. 

Also, I do agree Cali is fucked up, but unless you are a state or city employee or dependent on aid or entitlements, its great place to live if you can afford it.  I can.  None of that stuff affects me.  Higher state taxes do suck, but its a small price to pay IMO, for what i get from living here in terms of weather, land, and things to do. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »
Is it hard because your business is there?

Don't blame ya. 

Also, I do agree Cali is fucked up, but unless you are a state or city employee or dependent on aid or entitlements, its great place to live if you can afford it.  I can.  None of that stuff affects me.  Higher state taxes do suck, but its a small price to pay IMO, for what i get from living here in terms of weather, land, and things to do. 

I have been trying to sell my office and the real estate market is dead dead dead.  Realtor said we have to lowert he price again.  not happy about it, but still have enough equity to walk away w enough $$4 to make it worth it.