Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman, Flex Wheeler, and Shawn Ray roundtable  (Read 15609 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
heath shape yes..... hard work no.....
i like heath and he should win this year
but he kinda got everything handed to him he nnever struggled...
just my opinion
choice is an illusion

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
heath shape yes..... hard work no.....
i like heath and he should win this year
but he kinda got everything handed to him he nnever struggled...
just my opinion

I like jayson,,,but I know personally jayson got heath in the bodybuilding business,,,he was introduced to the business side,,,showed him drugs to use,,,,etc,,,,you get idea it was a cake walk for heath just becuase he knew jayson,,,

remember this next time,,when jayson comes in,,,fcked up look at heath also,,,you will see the same hormones used between them if one is lacking,,,due to whatever,,,they willl both be the same the day of the olympia,,,I will be back stage talking to them,,,,

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
No Nasser didn't always say that , Nasser marketed himself as the ' Good guy ' the likable pro , Mr Friendly when his career tanked and he got bitter he badmouthed everyone and mad himself look like a tool

nasser in 1997:

Much has been written about my “weak back” but all the top finishers at the last Olympia (1996) have weaknesses that are never written about in depth, and the bodybuilders themselves never discuss them. Why is my back the only weak body-part that is constantly being discussed? Because I am the only top pro who is prepared to say, “Yes, I am not perfect, I do have a weakness. There is still plenty of room for improving my physique.” Because of my honesty I have been the target of criticism, much of it exaggerated, about my back. Therefore, I feel justified in pointing out the weaknesses in others.
Dorian (Yates) never admits he has weak points. He never admits that his arms are weak, that his rear deltoids are poor or that his quads lack separation. Everybody asks me, “Have you improved your back?” Nobody asks Dorian, “Have you improved your arms?” When I am training, people will come by and ask, “How is your back coming along?” Do they ask Dorian how his arms are doing?
I think Dorian is an outstanding champion, but I honestly feel his back overpowers the rest of his physique. Is it wrong to suggest we call him – in the way Paul DeMayo was nicknamed Quadzilla because his quads overpowered the rest of his physique – Backzilla? Also, Dorian said he was 255LBS for the 1995 Olympia and that for the 96’ Olympia he had put on 2LBS. How is it possible to gain 2LBS more in size but look smaller at 257LBS than 255? When did he step on the scale – after breakfast, before going to the restroom?
Flex Wheeler, at first glance, seems to have a balanced physique.
People do talk about his “nice lines,” but he has them because some essential muscle mass is missing from his frame. For instance, when he does the abs – and – thighs pose, his lats disappear. Take away his arms and you are left with a juvenile body. I am 5’11” and compete at 285LBS; Flex is an inch shorter and competes – he says – at 224LBS, but I think he is about 10LBS lighter. He has a small waist for sure, but he also has a big butt and narrow shoulders, just like Shawn Ray. Check abs shots of both of these guys. I call Flex the Lord of Illusion.
Shawn Ray should apply for a job at Fed-EX, because he tells everyone he has the perfect package. But he is short, his calves are high, his shoulders are narrow and his back lacks width. He calls bodybuilders like me mass monsters, so I feel to call him a mini-monster. It is not my fault that Shawn doesn’t possess the physical capability to put on added size and still look proportionate, symmetrical, hard and ripped. Is he another victim of the misconception that someone over 250LBS can’t have a balanced physique, and is he betraying the naked fears that he belongs to yesterday and not tomorrow?
Kevin Levrone calls himself the “most genetically gifted bodybuilder,” but his chest, back and calves are in need of further development and have been for at least three years. And I’m not going to get into talking about his long torso or skinny neck.
I call Paul Dillet the “Great Plains” due to all the wide – open spaces his physique contains. From the side, he is flat, and his arms take up most of the space. He has large varicose veins on his chest that create an Illusion of having pec development. If these guys are upset by my comments, though! They weren’t too upset to criticize my physique.

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: Ronnie Coleman, Flex Wheeler, and Shawn Ray roundtable
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
hahaha brutal owning by nasser.

closeline

• Getbig IV
Re: Shawn Ray, Ronnie Coleman, Flex Wheeler-Roundtable 1-4
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2011, 02:38:51 AM »
must see videos

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 04:17:28 AM »
must see videos

More people need to watch it...there is alot of telling info in that...and I don't think that will see this type of "aw shucks" from this era, maybe from Dex, Jay and Phil (and Kai), maybe...

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
GREAT LINK, thanks...still a shame that we're not at a point where they can 'openly' talk about drugs and it's role, but this is the kind of interview I've been waiting for a long time.  Good stuff.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »
I'll watch these later but...

...haha at ronnie choosing to do the interview in his trophy room. Awesome way to put Shawn and Flex in their place before the interview even begins  :D

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
Flex wheeler goes gh15 on todays bodybuilders and their steroids
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »

gh15 = flex wheeler

lots of use of the word 'foundation'

not really but still interesting

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Ronnie's awesome.  He such a mellow, happy go lucky guy.   (no homo)

:)

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
those were great vids, the roundtable with flex, shawn and kevin was awesome too

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
Re: Ronnie says Jay Cutler should die, get reborn and pray for better genetics
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2011, 04:50:31 AM »
There is no friggin' way Flex ever had the capacity to squat 600, for a single or reps. Ronnie, yes, totally, and Shawn was a much better squatter than Flex, and he was maybe good for, oh, I don't know, six-ish for maybe two or, at most, three.

Wheeler just cannot stop lying. Or he actually belives his own bullshit. And as far as him being "natural" for that one show, he sure as shit had stuff in his veins during the contest prep. His system was definitely not cleaned out. 

I totally agree flex was a lazy fucker in the gym....
I can't see him having the mindset to squat 600 or anything past 315
Lazy lazy lazy and hated training
He was doing tricep pressdowns and curls superset in one of his videos
And he told his brother and training partner to keep an eye on him or he would cheat reps and not finish
... Lazy lying piece of garbage
He made up lies about being attacked by ninjas ... For heaven sakes...
Flex great physique
Fucked up individual
choice is an illusion

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Flex wheeler goes gh15 on todays bodybuilders and their steroids
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2011, 04:58:35 AM »

gh15 = flex wheeler

lots of use of the word 'foundation'

not really but still interesting
gh15 says BODYBUILD = ALL HORMONES!!! NO HORMONES = NO BODYBUILD!!!! YOU WILL ONLY UNDERSTAND THE LIES OF BODYBUILD WHEN U START EATING FISH RICE 10 TIMES A DAY AND USE HORMONES, U REALIZE UR NOTHING SPECIAL THEN U LOOK BIGGER BETTER CUPPED DELTS VEINS EVERYWHERE ONLY THEN U START TO UNDERSTAND THE BODYBUILD = ALL HORMONAS STRANGO EQUIPONA MASTERONA BODYBUILD IS ALL HORMONAS GET IT IN UR HEAD STOP THE BALONIE

flex wheeler says: I used SPORTS TECHNOLOGY DRUGS  to ENHANCE my physique, yall just volkswagons, i'm a benz amg trololol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2011, 05:11:18 AM »
nasser in 1997:

Much has been written about my “weak back” but all the top finishers at the last Olympia (1996) have weaknesses that are never written about in depth, and the bodybuilders themselves never discuss them. Why is my back the only weak body-part that is constantly being discussed? Because I am the only top pro who is prepared to say, “Yes, I am not perfect, I do have a weakness. There is still plenty of room for improving my physique.” Because of my honesty I have been the target of criticism, much of it exaggerated, about my back. Therefore, I feel justified in pointing out the weaknesses in others.
Dorian (Yates) never admits he has weak points. He never admits that his arms are weak, that his rear deltoids are poor or that his quads lack separation. Everybody asks me, “Have you improved your back?” Nobody asks Dorian, “Have you improved your arms?” When I am training, people will come by and ask, “How is your back coming along?” Do they ask Dorian how his arms are doing?
I think Dorian is an outstanding champion, but I honestly feel his back overpowers the rest of his physique. Is it wrong to suggest we call him – in the way Paul DeMayo was nicknamed Quadzilla because his quads overpowered the rest of his physique – Backzilla? Also, Dorian said he was 255LBS for the 1995 Olympia and that for the 96’ Olympia he had put on 2LBS. How is it possible to gain 2LBS more in size but look smaller at 257LBS than 255? When did he step on the scale – after breakfast, before going to the restroom?
People do talk about his “nice lines,” but he has them because some essential muscle mass is missing from his frame. For instance, when he does the abs – and – thighs pose, his lats disappear. Take away his arms and you are left with a juvenile body. I am 5’11” and compete at 285LBS; Flex is an inch shorter and competes – he says – at 224LBS, but I think he is about 10LBS lighter. He has a small waist for sure, but he also has a big butt and narrow shoulders, just like Shawn Ray. Check abs shots of both of these guys. I call Flex the Lord of Illusion.
Shawn Ray should apply for a job at Fed-EX, because he tells everyone he has the perfect package. But he is short, his calves are high, his shoulders are narrow and his back lacks width. He calls bodybuilders like me mass monsters, so I feel to call him a mini-monster. It is not my fault that Shawn doesn’t possess the physical capability to put on added size and still look proportionate, symmetrical, hard and ripped. Is he another victim of the misconception that someone over 250LBS can’t have a balanced physique, and is he betraying the naked fears that he belongs to yesterday and not tomorrow?
Kevin Levrone calls himself the “most genetically gifted bodybuilder,” but his chest, back and calves are in need of further development and have been for at least three years. And I’m not going to get into talking about his long torso or skinny neck.
I call Paul Dillet the “Great Plains” due to all the wide – open spaces his physique contains. From the side, he is flat, and his arms take up most of the space. He has large varicose veins on his chest that create an Illusion of having pec development. If these guys are upset by my comments, though! They weren’t too upset to criticize my physique.

I've read this before , like I said he was he didn't always say these type of things and after his retirement he really went off the deep end , poor Nasser that was in 96 and he's still melting down 15 years later  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 06:18:36 AM »
I've read this before , like I said he was he didn't always say these type of things and after his retirement he really went off the deep end , poor Nasser that was in 96 and he's still melting down 15 years later  :-\
Nasser said that after the 97 Arnold, I remember it, plus Flex said he weighed 224 at the Arnold.

This sparked a lot of comments, coming from Wheeler, Ray, Dorian and others...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2011, 06:32:05 AM »
Nasser said that after the 97 Arnold, I remember it, plus Flex said he weighed 224 at the Arnold.

This sparked a lot of comments, coming from Wheeler, Ray, Dorian and others...

True flex retorted that nassers arms were tiny
choice is an illusion

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2011, 06:33:37 AM »
Ronnie's awesome.  He such a mellow, happy go lucky guy.   (no homo)

:)
People with Down syndrome are always smiling as well....

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
I like jayson,,,but I know personally jayson got heath in the bodybuilding business,,,he was introduced to the business side,,,showed him drugs to use,,,,etc,,,,you get idea it was a cake walk for heath just becuase he knew jayson,,,

remember this next time,,when jayson comes in,,,fcked up look at heath also,,,you will see the same hormones used between them if one is lacking,,,due to whatever,,,they willl both be the same the day of the olympia,,,I will be back stage talking to them,,,,

it's like there's a [gh15] all testosterona/equipona/ghona [/gh15] tag now.
It's Hip to be Square!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
nasser in 1997:

Whiny bitch Nasser....they were better...Bighead  :D

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
but I know personally jayson got heath in the bodybuilding business
no shit cutler says that all the time

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »

I totally agree flex was a lazy fucker in the gym....
I can't see him having the mindset to squat 600 or anything past 315
Lazy lazy lazy and hated training
He was doing tricep pressdowns and curls superset in one of his videos
And he told his brother and training partner to keep an eye on him or he would cheat reps and not finish
... Lazy lying piece of garbage
He made up lies about being attacked by ninjas ... For heaven sakes...
Flex great physique
Fucked up individual
Flex was told to stop squatting after the car accident...something about the bar being on his neck/shoulders...he seemingly liked to load up on the leg press, though...