Author Topic: Moving from Canada to Australia....  (Read 10739 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Moving from Canada to Australia....
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:07 PM »
if you plan on having white grand kids then north america. I heard australia is flooded with black african and asian immigrants as white people stop reproducing there just like they do in europe.
Wtf do you get your info from???  :-\

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
Wtf do you get your info from???  :-\
brother been working there for three years now. Basically to replace aging population government just like all occidental governments made it easier than ever to move there and as a result tons of africans and asians are fleeing their shitholes to settle there, while the white population is slowly but surely decreasing.

You filthy whore.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »
brother been working there for three years now. Basically to replace aging population government just like all occidental governments made it easier than ever to move there and as a result tons of africans and asians are fleeing their shitholes to settle there, while the white population is slowly but surely decreasing.

You filthy whore.
Go fuck yourself you idiotic asshole! Your brother is full of shit.....just like you!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »
Just logged in. See it's love and peace allready.. ::)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »
Grew up in Sydney, early adulthood in Brisbane and around SE and central Queensland, 30's spent in Melbourne.

Melbourne wins hands down as the best city for my money. Queensland is cool if you're into outdoorsy stuff. The weather is almost always good, winter lasts for 4 weeks and still hits low 20's in the middle of the day. It can be very parochial and redneck though, and it's pretty conservative. Lots of good places to go, nature wise - everywhere else is cookie cutter chain stores that are exactly the same no matter which part of the city you're in. It's the cheapest of the three places to live.

Sydney I left when I was 12 but was usually there 3 times a year. It's much more money focussed, much more rushed in terms of pace, and very expensive. People are ok once they know - it's convincing them you're worth getting to know that's the hard part. Stunning natural spots very close to suburbia and that spectacular harbour. There are some very funky corners in Sydney. Overall, it's more a pub city than a cafe city. It shows it's age a lot more than Brisbane or Melbourne I think.

Weather in Brissie and Sydney is usually more toward the humid side of things in summer. They both have spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes, flies and the occasional snake in the garden. Both have great access to very very good beaches. If you want beach culture, you want Sydney (or Brissie, but you'll have to travel further).

Melbourne lacks any standout 'wow' areas - there's not much you can take visitors to and say "Check out how fucking cool my city is!" - but once you've lived there for awhile you won't want to go anywhere else. People are friendly, not nearly as conservative as in Brisbane, more laid back than in Sydney, I never had trouble creating work for myself and earned very good money when I lived there. Great food, lots of cultural things to do if you're into the arts. In summer - usually February, you'll get a week or two of blistering hot weather where your furniture will melt and your elderly neighbour will most likely fall over dead. The rest of the year is very changeable. Winter is worse than Sydney or Brisbane. Melbourne gets a lot of flack for having four seasons in one day, but it's true. It's often wet, but also often windy or sunny an hour apart. Outdoorsy stuff is also readily available but you're more likely to be reading the weather forecast than you would in Brisbane before you go. Beautiful areas though and much more accessible than in Queensland because the state is so small. Rent is a shitstorm at the moment if you plan to move close to the city (but I think that's the case in Sydney too). And you have the Australian Open tennis, the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix, the Melbourne Cup horse race and Tony Doherty's gym in Melbourne!

And no huge hairy spiders, mosquitos or creepy crawlies. You get the odd rat and if you swim at the beaches in Melbourne you may well get taken by a shark, but they're small prices to pay!

I'm living in the edge of the Black Forest in Germany now, which is also very pretty, but there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about moving back to Melbourne. Can't say the same about anywhere else in Oz.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »
Grew up in Sydney, early adulthood in Brisbane and around SE and central Queensland, 30's spent in Melbourne.

Melbourne wins hands down as the best city for my money. Queensland is cool if you're into outdoorsy stuff. The weather is almost always good, winter lasts for 4 weeks and still hits low 20's in the middle of the day. It can be very parochial and redneck though, and it's pretty conservative. Lots of good places to go, nature wise - everywhere else is cookie cutter chain stores that are exactly the same no matter which part of the city you're in. It's the cheapest of the three places to live.

Sydney I left when I was 12 but was usually there 3 times a year. It's much more money focussed, much more rushed in terms of pace, and very expensive. People are ok once they know - it's convincing them you're worth getting to know that's the hard part. Stunning natural spots very close to suburbia and that spectacular harbour. There are some very funky corners in Sydney. Overall, it's more a pub city than a cafe city. It shows it's age a lot more than Brisbane or Melbourne I think.

Weather in Brissie and Sydney is usually more toward the humid side of things in summer. They both have spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes, flies and the occasional snake in the garden. Both have great access to very very good beaches. If you want beach culture, you want Sydney (or Brissie, but you'll have to travel further).

Melbourne lacks any standout 'wow' areas - there's not much you can take visitors to and say "Check out how fucking cool my city is!" - but once you've lived there for awhile you won't want to go anywhere else. People are friendly, not nearly as conservative as in Brisbane, more laid back than in Sydney, I never had trouble creating work for myself and earned very good money when I lived there. Great food, lots of cultural things to do if you're into the arts. In summer - usually February, you'll get a week or two of blistering hot weather where your furniture will melt and your elderly neighbour will most likely fall over dead. The rest of the year is very changeable. Winter is worse than Sydney or Brisbane. Melbourne gets a lot of flack for having four seasons in one day, but it's true. It's often wet, but also often windy or sunny an hour apart. Outdoorsy stuff is also readily available but you're more likely to be reading the weather forecast than you would in Brisbane before you go. Beautiful areas though and much more accessible than in Queensland because the state is so small. Rent is a shitstorm at the moment if you plan to move close to the city (but I think that's the case in Sydney too). And you have the Australian Open tennis, the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix, the Melbourne Cup horse race and Tony Doherty's gym in Melbourne!

And no huge hairy spiders, mosquitos or creepy crawlies. You get the odd rat and if you swim at the beaches in Melbourne you may well get taken by a shark, but they're small prices to pay!

I'm living in the edge of the Black Forest in Germany now, which is also very pretty, but there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about moving back to Melbourne. Can't say the same about anywhere else in Oz.
This pretty much sums it up.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »
One more thing that comes to mind - inner city traffic is godawful in all 3 cities on the east coast (apparently it's pretty good in Adelaide, but that's not a reason to move there  ;))

My humble observations having driven up and down the east coast.

Brisbane - fuckwit clueless drivers - can be very aggressive, generally don't have a clue about what they're doing.
Melbourne - fuckwit aggressive drivers who are aggressive on purpose. Know what they're doing, do it with aggro.
Sydney - also a lot of aggression in some areas, but overall they seem to drive more politely than those north or south of them.

Tasmania - bad place to be if you're a native animal - otherwise no traffic problems to speak of.

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
It's hot all the time there, isn't it. Australia is largely uninhabited in the interior.  Large proportion of serial killers live there. Don't go camping, lots of people disappear.

Total BS, in Sydney today is only 17-19 C , yeah right UFO's collect humanoids in the outback every single day.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:16 AM »
It snows in Australia?

I did not know that....but how cold does Sydney or Melbourne get in the winter celsius wise?
Fucking Freezing - It is winter now, I live in Melbourne, and the chill in the wind will freeze your little nipples of.  I just went for a walk in the hills and it took me a half hour of brisk walking to get warm enough to be comfortable
V

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 01:58:17 AM »
It snows in Australia?

I did not know that....but how cold does Sydney or Melbourne get in the winter celsius wise?

On Snowy mountains & Cradle m. on Tasmania + Antartica  ;D .
Check my location on Google search :North Curl Curl  8)

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:49 AM »
was just about to say that, supplements as well, protein powder is real expensive I hear.

yeah A$ about 10-12 per 1kg from Bulk Nutrition  ;)
Plenty of fish & meat here + tons of g-stringed pussy on Bondi beach.

Just imagine, Christmas day on the beach at + 35/40 'C  (& - 25'C in Montreal) .

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »
if you plan on having white grand kids then north america. I heard australia is flooded with black african and asian immigrants as white people stopped reproducing there just like they do in europe.

Megatons of Asian pussy in Sydney  ;D ;D ;D

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15:58 AM »

You filthy whore.

You're retarded. They're making it harder to migrate after they were handing out permanent visas to overseas students and half of India tried to migrate because of the exchange rate. Would love to know what visa this guy has because it doesn't seem like he has a plan or know what he's doing.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
You're retarded. They're making it harder to migrate after they were handing out permanent visas to overseas students and half of India tried to migrate because of the exchange rate. Would love to know what visa this guy has because it doesn't seem like he has a plan or know what he's doing.

You re just in denial, like most people who have no clue about what is going on in their own country and cant accept a sad truth. As if you werent concerned by international trends just like everyone else on earth lol and were magically protected from the only solution to compensate an aging caucasian population that doesnt regenerate itself: mass importation of third world immigrants. As the rythm of importation of third world immigrants increases you wont be able to deny it anymore, just like in every single white country on earth at the moment. It's ok, i understand your sadness. Accepting is the first step.

By the way my bro works in airports police. You guys have just no clue.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:06 AM »
australia is most restrictive when in comes to immigrants
lol...

rules are tough for WHITE educated immigrants, but not for colored ones thanks to PC and "multiculturalism". Wake up you morons, there's a difference between what you -politics want you to- see on TV, and reality. My bro sees dozens of illiterate blacks coming in per day under bullshit reasons.

Just like every single other first world white country in the world, your politics are fighting the decrease of an aging white population by importing the nearest geographically speaking, cheaply accessible immigrants .

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2012, 05:42:03 AM »
lol...

rules are tough for WHITE immigrants, but not for colored ones. Wake up you morons, there's a difference between what you -politics want you to- see on TV, and reality. Just like every single other first world white country in the world, your politics are fighting the decrease of an aging white population by importing the nearest geographically speaking, immigrants .

Australia hates darkies.

Hope this helps.
P

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:07 AM »
Australia hates darkies.

Hope this helps.
So do europe , uk and north america. Did it prevent them from being flooded by them?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »

You filthy whore.

Spoken like a true Christain.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 06:18:29 AM »
it can be very hard to migrate to Oz, but I have to say, Australia has some of the most retarded policies with respect to foreign investment. The amount of property the Chinese have bought up has pushed real estate to sky high levels in Australia, and while the average person is either struggling mightily to find somewhere to rent, or to pay their mortgage, the government just continues to bend over for more foreign investment. Crazy.

I saw an apartment over the road from me, which was NOTHING - busted up piece of shit, get a fresh coat of paint, some carpet and sold for close to half a million to a Hong Kong businessman who wanted something for his daughter to live in while at Uni. The deal was so good he wound up buying the block. I know of no local resident who would have dreamed of paying half that, but he didn't have a clue and the real estate agent took home a nice commission.

It's happening everywhere.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »
Fucking Freezing - It is winter now, I live in Melbourne, and the chill in the wind will freeze your little nipples of.  I just went for a walk in the hills and it took me a half hour of brisk walking to get warm enough to be comfortable

I was looking at the average low temperature in your city this time of year and its only like 6 degrees celcius...lol. That's a warm day anywhere in Canada during the winter  ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
On Snowy mountains & Cradle m. on Tasmania + Antartica  ;D .
Check my location on Google search :North Curl Curl  8)

Looks like a nice place....how cold is the water though?

Just a few hours north of Sydney right?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2012, 07:41:21 AM »
I was looking at the average low temperature in your city this time of year and its only like 6 degrees celcius...lol. That's a warm day anywhere in Canada during the winter  ;D
You're going to love our winter then! If you get a chance go walking in The Dandenongs - Fern Tree Gully - they have a popular walking trail up there called the 1000 Steps - I am biased, but it is a beautiful part of the world!

V

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
You're going to love our winter then! If you get a chance go walking in The Dandenongs - Fern Tree Gully - they have a popular walking trail up there called the 1000 Steps - I am biased, but it is a beautiful part of the world!

I've thought about visiting your country for as long as I can remember. Looks like a beautiful country and the few Aussie's I've met were really cool down to earth people.

Maybe booty will want a Canadian citizenship in exchange for an Aussie one  ;D

Dr.Mabuse

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
iI saw an apartment over the road from me, which was NOTHING - busted up piece of shit, get a fresh coat of paint, some carpet and sold for close to half a million to a Hong Kong businessman who wanted something for his daughter to live in while at Uni. The deal was so good he wound up buying the block. I know of no local resident who would have dreamed of paying half that, but he didn't have a clue and the real estate agent took home a nice commission.

And yet you say:

"...there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about moving back to Melbourne."

I tell you what, I'll swap with you.  Melbourne for the edge of the Black Forest.  There's not a day I don't dream of getting out of here.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »

You filthy whore.
There goes my coffee !!  LOL  :D