Author Topic: Biceps strain  (Read 9370 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Biceps strain
« on: October 21, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
Pretty sure I strained my biceps couple months ago. It got better when I backed off training but resumed training hard and it is aggravated again.

My question is, is there a way to heal this up without stopping lifting for several months?

Please help.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
Re: Biceps strain
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
Pretty sure I strained my biceps couple months ago. It got better when I backed off training but resumed training hard and it is aggravated again.

My question is, is there a way to heal this up without stopping lifting for several months?

Please help.

I've had an issue like this for the past 15 years with my elbow area. 

My only advice would be to let it heal.  If possible you can continue training if you can train around the injury (which is almost impossible) and to warm up well before heavy movements.

When you decide to resume training go very light and take some time to work back into heavier weights.

Also to take a few workouts to acclimate your muscles to new exercises.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »
I've had an issue like this for the past 15 years with my elbow area. 

My only advice would be to let it heal.  If possible you can continue training if you can train around the injury (which is almost impossible) and to warm up well before heavy movements.

When you decide to resume training go very light and take some time to work back into heavier weights.

Also to take a few workouts to acclimate your muscles to new exercises.

It sucks because as you said it’s pretty much impossible to train around it.

Also in my original post I meant to say biceps tendon. Whatever I injured I noticed that it affects my hammer curl muscles the most in that the strength is much less and there is more pain compared to a regular dumbbell curl.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
It sucks because as you said it’s pretty much impossible to train around it.

Also in my original post I meant to say biceps tendon. Whatever I injured I noticed that it affects my hammer curl muscles the most in that the strength is much less and there is more pain compared to a regular dumbbell curl.

Got the same thing.

I've had periods when it hasn't bothered me at all and I've done pullups and so on.  Then I do something and screw it up.

Right now I have tennis elbow which is different and on the outside of my left elbow.  That really sucks.  It's the tendon that is attached from your pinkie to your elbow and comes into play whenever you grip something.  I've had that for months.  Got it doing seated low lat rows one day.  Hadn't done them in awhile and went heavy.  

If it only bothers you doing one or two things then just skip those and do something else. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »
Got the same thing.

I've had periods when it hasn't bothered me at all and I've done pullups and so on.  Then I do something and screw it up.

Right now I have tennis elbow which is different and on the outside of my left elbow.  That really sucks.  It's the tendon that is attached from your pinkie to your elbow and comes into play whenever you grip something.  I've had that for months.  Got it doing seated low lat rows one day.  Hadn't done them in awhile and went heavy.  

If it only bothers you doing one or two things then just skip those and do something else. 

Pretty sure seated low rows is how I injured mine.

My plan is to not train back and bis for a few weeks and go from there. Maybe lift light when I do train those again.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 02:04:32 PM »

Please help.

Try ice & heat treatments alternative whenever possible along with DMSO & Aspirin

Plus the other advice already given in replies.

I’ve had an on/off tendon back of knee issue for around 2yrs+
Using The above recently & infrared lamp has helped tremendously
It’s now 95% healed - Thankfully & I can train Squats & Legs hard heavy & intense again.

Good Luck.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 03:08:03 PM »
Try ice & heat treatments alternative whenever possible along with DMSO & Aspirin

Plus the other advice already given in replies.

I’ve had an on/off tendon back of knee issue for around 2yrs+
Using The above recently & infrared lamp has helped tremendously
It’s now 95% healed - Thankfully & I can train Squats & Legs hard heavy & intense again.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice I’ll try the ice and heat.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »
Just hope it's not a partial tear. Maybe see a orthopedic surgeon. His MRI will let him know if it's a partial tear or just a strain. If it's a partial strain it might heal on it's own but it might also rip completely. I had a complete bicep tendon rupture. Took a long time to come back from. I hear having a partial isn't that long of a recovery.