Author Topic: Obama starts 2nd term w 1.6 Trillion Tax Hike proposal.  (Read 13272 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama starts 2nd term w 1.6 Trillion Tax Hike proposal.
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Yes... It is an extremely false view of what 250K buys in the world... absolutely true.

If you live in New York, you can kiss at least HALF of that goodbye.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
If you live in New York, you can kiss at least HALF of that goodbye.

Exactly  - in NYC metro area people are already paying insane taxes.

Obama has no intention of curtailing spending and just wants the $$$ to piss away on more green energy scams and ball washing programs. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
I just posted the S&P's report with that very same quote. Did you not see that?

Did you not also see my statement, before I quoted that report?

The downgrade happened ON OBAMA'S watch, not Bush's watch, and was the result of the Dems not cutting spending and the GOP not raising taxes.[/i]

your statement above does not reflect the actual reasons given by S&P

debt ceiling nonsense was caused by Repubs and S&P also specifically mentioned the spending on entitlements as well as apparent failure to reach and agreement on RAISING revneue (i.e RAISING TAXES)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »

your statement above does not reflect the actual reasons given by S&P

debt ceiling nonsense was caused by Repubs and S&P also specifically mentioned the spending on entitlements as well as apparent failure to reach and agreement on RAISING revneue (i.e RAISING TAXES)

The very report that I cited first and you cited afterward says, "We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the
prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related
fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the
growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an
agreement on raising revenues
is less likely than we previously assumed and
will remain a contentious and fitful process.

CONTAINING THE GROWTH IN PUBLIC SPENDING (i.e. Dems not cutting spending) and RAISING REVENUE (i.e. GOP not raising taxes).....do you need Braille or something?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »
Exactly  - in NYC metro area people are already paying insane taxes.

Obama has no intention of curtailing spending and just wants the $$$ to piss away on more green energy scams and ball washing programs. 
are you going to honor our bet

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
are you going to honor our bet

No.   

:P

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
250k in NYC and surrounding areas is not rich at all.  Not even close. 

Obama is a thief and common pick pocket.  Its not like he wants the $$$ to pay down the debt.   He wants to keep the same ludicrous level of spending and even more! 

and you're a common person with a mental impairment who has so far caused no harm to others so we allow you to walk the street and you  get to pretend you're sane when everyone who meets you knows otherwise

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
250k in NYC and surrounding areas is not rich at all.  Not even close. 

Obama is a thief and common pick pocket.  Its not like he wants the $$$ to pay down the debt.   He wants to keep the same ludicrous level of spending and even more! 

Why do you hate succes?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
If the number was raised to 500k people would still making the same arguments. That its not that much money if you have a large family to support, blah blah blah.  Same argument would he made if the number was a million.  There are billions of families across the world livin on a couple dollars per day. The full minimum wage earner in America is taking home aroud 15000 per year. And there are plenty of people working full time minimum wage jobs who have families to support.  250k is extremely wealthy and anything to the contrary is nonsense based on a warped view of how much material hopes are necessary in life.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
20k per month and crying about a 3% increase on taxes to pay for schools healthcare retirement police military fire protection LOL

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
If the number was raised to 500k people would still making the same arguments. That its not that much money if you have a large family to support, blah blah blah.  Same argument would he made if the number was a million.  There are billions of families across the world livin on a couple dollars per day. The full minimum wage earner in America is taking home aroud 15000 per year. And there are plenty of people working full time minimum wage jobs who have families to support.  250k is extremely wealthy and anything to the contrary is nonsense based on a warped view of how much material hopes are necessary in life.

Except the discussion wasn't what 250k represented in relation to others.  Nobody is saying it's not a good number.  But it's not what you made it out to be when you talked of luxury cars and all that crap.   And you still ignore context.

You're changing the discussion, and still talking gross $$, not net.
Y

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
20k per month and crying about a 3% increase on taxes to pay for schools healthcare retirement police military fire protection LOL

This!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
It is net income after all business deductions and before taxes.  If you can't buy a few luxury cars and a big house and eat at nice restaurants and go on vacations on that income then thee is some drastically unusual about your financial situation. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
Business expenses

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
It is net income after all business deductions and before taxes.  If you can't buy a few luxury cars and a big house and eat at nice restaurants and go on vacations on that income then thee is some drastically unusual about your financial situation.  

Net income on 250k after taxes, health, SS other retirement contributions is not 20k per month.  Cut in half and start over.

And you're still ignoring context of potential children and locale.
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
After taxes it might be. 12k per month but that is still much more than enoug to live good anywher in the country and with a large family to support.  I would add that if you live in the most expensive urnam area that the need for automobiles and automobile insurance and gasoline all go away should make up for living costs

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »
After taxes it might be. 12k per month but that is still much more than enoug to live good anywher in the country and with a large family to support.  I would add that if you live in the most expensive urnam area that the need for automobiles and automobile insurance and gasoline all go away should make up for living costs

You just really don't have any clue when it comes to various locales, which is evident by your assumptions.

And I'm not trying to chastise you or anything, you're just wrong.   Your scenario works is select cases, but it doesn't in many more.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »

The very report that I cited first and you cited afterward says, "We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the
prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related
fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress [c]containing the
growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an
agreement on raising revenues[/b]is less likely than we previously assumed and
will remain a contentious and fitful process.

CONTAINING THE GROWTH IN PUBLIC SPENDING (i.e. Dems not cutting spending) and RAISING REVENUE (i.e. GOP not raising taxes).....do you need Braille or something?

I didn't even see your post and that quote is not in the post that I responded to
I posted that quote from S&P a week or so ago

It looks like we both agree on the cause of the credit downgrade but somehow I suspect we won't agree on who's fault it is

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »

Your right. If you want to live in a Manhattan penthouse and shower your 5 kids with brand new jordans and iphones then you might have to punch pennies on 250k per year

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2012, 02:18:26 PM »
I think TBombz is one of the guys who is unwilling to admit that there's a huge difference between making 250k and a cool Mil.

It's not even on the same level.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »
I think TBombz is one of the guys who is unwilling to admit that there's a huge difference between making 250k and a cool Mil.

It's not even on the same level.

Given that he's devolved the discussion into sarcasm over substance, I'd agree.
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
A million is 4 times greater than 250k. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
If your having trouble getting by on 250k then either your personal consumption habits are completely put of control or you are giving put way too much monetary assistance to others. You can feed cloth and shelter a person for a couple thousand per year.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
If your having trouble getting by on 250k then either your personal consumption habits are completely put of control or you are giving put way too much monetary assistance to others. You can feed cloth and shelter a person for a couple thousand per year.

No... No you can't.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »

Changing the argument again, strawbombz.  That wasn't the discussion.   I've said repeatedly it's a good income, better than most.
Y