Author Topic: Depressing! Mike and Ray Mentzer. Look at Mike drag on that cig...  (Read 64945 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Why did he have to light it after it was already lit? Why are they both slurring their speech and acting so lethargic? Sad. Stuttering and shit. Damn.

Mike is chain-smoking and damn, Ray talks some heavy shit about Jussup Wilkolz. Remember him?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Depressing! Mike and Ray Mentzer. Look at Mike drag on that cig...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »
Why did he have to light it after it was already lit? Why are they both slurring their speech and acting so lethargic? Sad. Stuttering and shit. Damn.

Mike is chain-smoking and damn, Ray talks some heavy shit about Jussup Wilkolz. Remember him?

Jussup was the fucking man, Arnold said that he was afraid to train with him on legs. 

As far as Mike and Ray are concerned...I mean they were dying....why not smoke
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »
Good physique

X

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Mentzer def. meth-ed out of his brain...jaw chomping...can't get the words out fast enough, smoking like each puff is oxygen...and Ray was never regarded as the 'smart' one..iono whats up with him but hard drugs, day in and day out will take its toll.
L

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »
Who- lee- shit!!! 

This vid should be shown to all 7th graders about the dangers of DRUGS.

FUCK.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
I viewed that video with a lot of interest because Ray stayed at my place for about a year in 87-88. I stayed at Ray's place for a couple of weeks in 1991. Jusup Wilkosz was the German bodybuilder who defeated Ray at the IFBB World championships in 1979 and denied Ray that title. Ray won the AAU Mr America in 1979. I guess Ray is relating this story about Jusup because he knew him. Ray was a serious guy and you can see it in the video. It was sad to hear him say he couldn't get any women. That wasn't the Ray I knew. He still carried himself with dignity but Mike looked high. Mike did use a word I never heard before so his mind wasn't gone. Mike was 49 and Ray was 47 but they both looked frail and much older. They both died not long after that video was taken. Those videos were supposed to make Mike a lot of money. Ray was on dialysis so his health was shot. When Mike died of some sort of heart failure it impacted on Ray because now he couldn't get a kidney transplant and regain his health. The shock was so great it ended up killing Ray. He died two days after Mike.

chess315

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
that video should make you think long and hard before doing anything in a mentzer book or article lol

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
All i have to say is people change....some for the better and some for the worse. But the great thing about life is that we're all entitled to our decisions at the end of the day.
#

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
You have to understand that Mike and Ray were brothers who competed against each other. When Mike won Mr America that is what Ray badly wanted. He did just that. When Mike won Mr Universe that was a title Ray coveted. Jusup beat Ray in 1979 and Ray never did win that title. He probably took risks later in his quest to win another big title. He told me in 1991 that he got sick when he was approaching 300 pounds a year or two before. He said most of the guys at that weight were getting sick. He didn't tell me what illness they had but I guess it had something to do with the kidneys and perhaps heart disease. Ray once squatted with 925 pounds for two reps. The guy was like a superman. He used pain killers and eventually these impacted on his health. It is very said that they died before reaching 50. They were far from knuckleheads. Mike was a philosopher and apparently so was Jusup Wilcosz.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »
That was very trippy.
O

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
i couldve saved both their lives :(
A

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »
Extremely sad.

I met Mike for a few brief minutes in the mid-'90s at Gold's, Venice. Guy was furked, but pleasant.

Interesting what Mike says about what he heard about Dorian. And what Ray says about Jusup.

This "sport" is a boneyard of wrecked lives and health, both mental and physical.

P.S. I believe Ray had 925 on the squat bar, but I DO NOT believe, not for one second, that he legally squatted it even once, let alone for two reps. I've seen footage of the brothers' squatting and they bent their knees perhaps three or four inches in a cage with the rails WAY up. Everything they did was shortened and, quite frankly, ridiculous. They had good response to gas and hit it hard, period. Any type of training stimulis would have sufficed.    

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »
I've watched the entire "series".  It is, at times, sad.   I had the chance to watch Mike, Ray and Viator train at Gold's.  It was something else.  

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »

When muscle heroes fall they fall hard.    :(
And, yes, Mike did G4P.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
When muscle heroes fall they fall hard.    :(
And, yes, Mike did G4P.

Name us the pros who didn't list will be much shorter to read.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »
I actually have the video on VHS. And yes, they died shortly after. The video shows this same side of them.

Markus Reinhardt claimed to be another *natty*... ha ha

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »

Name us the pros who didn't list will be much shorter to read.

Touché! :-\

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »
Touché! :-\

Go on, tell us a few guys that won't do g4p even if you double the price.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 07:44:19 PM »
Can't translate... can't picture him running around the gym naked and looney toonz either...

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »
I actually have the video on VHS. And yes, they died shortly after. The video shows this same side of them.

Markus Reinhardt claimed to be another *natty*... ha ha

Oh, christ.  ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
Ray sure didn't tolerate gay men. He poked fun at them. He said lots of the guys would do that to the gay competitors at contests. Eg., Bobby Paris.

I would be totally shocked if I heard any stories about Ray doing Gay4pay. He would rather die than do that shit.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
Ray sure didn't tolerate gay men. He poked fun at them. He said lots of the guys would do that to the gay competitors at contests. Eg., Bobby Paris.

I would be totally shocked if I heard any stories about Ray doing Gay4pay. He would rather die than do that shit.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not the only one on getbig who knows that both Mike and Ray did G4P. ::)

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not the only one on getbig who knows that both Mike and Ray did G4P. ::)

Let me guess... Bay4Pay, or is it B4P?  You had a paper route and worked hard all summer to save enough to have one of them burst your Hairy Cherry©™.

Fuck that noise.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »
They also used the term "knuckle heads"

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »

ROFL sorry but that was hillarious - fuckin tweakers lol..