Author Topic: The Death of Sandra Bland  (Read 24641 times)

Simple Simon

Re: The Death of Sandra Bland
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2015, 05:09:06 AM »

I managed a large gym  ( roughly 700 members or so ) from the time I was 19 -24. Then I went on to become a Union President of a transportation company for roughly 4 year or so. Both jobs required me to deal and manage all types of people and all walks of life.

I'm sorry, you were saying something ?

Great so as a manager of one of these gyms a member who standing at the counter being a pain in the ass and winding you up, keep asking questions after you had answered them 20 times you would treat exactly the same as a new member?

Take as long as you like to answer.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2015, 06:11:31 AM »
Great so as a manager of one of these gyms a member who standing at the counter being a pain in the ass and winding you up, keep asking questions after you had answered them 20 times you would treat exactly the same as a new member?

Take as long as you like to answer.

Yes. Because, I'm a professonal and it is my job to act as such. And, in the end, as annoying as this person may be, they put money both into my paycheck and gym. Which serves a great purpose.

Short story ... had a younger gentlemen give me nothing but lip one day because I wouldn't allow him to workout for free. I kept my cool, spoke to him calmly, and remained non aggressive. Eventually, after the unnecessary drama, he paid. 7 days later the guy walks back into my gym and immediately apologizes for his actions. And that happened quite a few times ( not all the time, mind you ) during my stay there.

Hopefully, that answers your question ? Which took me all of 2 seconds to think about answering.

Simple Simon

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2015, 06:13:58 AM »

Yes. Because, I'm a professonal and it is my job to act as such. And, in the end, as annoying as this person may be, they put money both into my paycheck and gym. Which serves a great purpose.

Short story ... had a younger gentlemen give me nothing but lip one day because I wouldn't allow him to workout for free. I kept my cool, spoke to him calmly, and remained non aggressive. Eventually, after the unnecessary drama, he paid. 7 days later the guy walks back into my gym and immediately apologizes for his actions. And that happened quite a few times ( not all the time, mind you ) during my stay there.

Hopefully, that answers your question ? Which took me all of 2 seconds to think about answering.

I thought you might write that.

Never mind.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2015, 07:00:01 AM »
I thought you might write that.

Never mind.

Wonderful ! :)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2015, 07:14:52 AM »

That's how a Manager should act in every situation!

Well done ID!

Simple Simon

« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »

Well done ID!
See, he met a guy once and he was an asshole, next time he was fine.

Now, lets get back to persistent assholes, which was the point of the thread.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2015, 07:23:11 AM »

Well done ID!

Thank you, Kwon. I agree.

It's like my father says, " Excited people don't think. And thinking people don't get excited. " ;)

See, he met a guy once and he was an asshole, next time he was fine.

Now, lets get back to persistent assholes, which was the point of the thread.

Re-read my post, please. Thank you.

Simple Simon

« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2015, 07:25:15 AM »

Thank you, Kwon. I agree.

It's like my father says, " Excited people don't think. And thinking people don't get excited. " ;)

Re-read my post, please. Thank you.
So the guy was an asshole and apologised a number of times and you kept letting him back in?

Did you not think about the effect this part time asshole might have on the other members of your gym?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
So the guy was an asshole and apologised a number of times and you kept letting him back in?

Did you not think about the effect this part time asshole might have on the other members of your gym?

And you questioned MY comprehension skills a page back  ? Whew ! Pot calling the kettle black, eh ?

Okay ............ let's try this again. The gentlemen was an asshole ONE day ... and not an asshole the next. Was he persistent, however, that day ? Absolutely, he was. Much like a civilian might be towards a police officer. I was hoping you might make the connection in the example that I provided you. Perhaps, I give you too much credit ...

And, as stated in my post, I have dealt with persistent assholes MANY times. I cannot ( and will not ) provide you an example for each. Am hoping you'll just take my word for it.

Okay .... your turn.

Simple Simon

« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2015, 07:46:01 AM »

And you questioned MY comprehension skills a page back  ? Whew ! Pot calling the kettle black, eh ?

Okay ............ let's try this again. The gentlemen was an asshole ONE day ... and not an asshole the next. Was he persistent, however, that day ? Absolutely, he was. Much like a civilian might be towards a police officer. I was hoping you might make the connection in the example that I provided you. Perhaps, I give you too much credit ...

And, as stated in my post, I have dealt with persistent assholes MANY times. I cannot ( and will not ) provide you an example for each. Am hoping you'll just take my word for it.

Okay .... your turn.

Right, lets relate it to the topic at hand
Sandra Bland had a record on file for being a pain in the ass wasting police time.
Now, do you think it beyond the realms of believability that this cop decided to fuck her around because of that?
Not saying he should, but its understandable.

As such it would be understandable for you to chuck out a persistent asshole in your gym.

Cops do treat persistent offenders differently that the rest of society, its how humans are.
Do door security staff treat persistent trouble makers differently, yes of course.
Did you ever ban anyone from your gym?
If so what for?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
Right, lets relate it to the topic at hand
Sandra Bland had a record on file for being a pain in the ass wasting police time.
Now, do you think it beyond the realms of believability that this cop decided to fuck her around because of that?
Not saying he should, but its understandable.

As such it would be understandable for you to chuck out a persistent asshole in your gym.

Cops do treat persistent offenders differently that the rest of society, its how humans are.
Do door security staff treat persistent trouble makers differently, yes of course.
Did you ever ban anyone from your gym?
If so what for?

With all due respect, I find you to be dull and quite boring. I bow out of this thread.

Take care, my friend :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »

With all due respect, I find you to be dull and quite boring. I bow out of this thread.

Take care, my friend :)

Translated as "Fuck me ,your point has just dawned on me".

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »
Translated as "Fuck me ,your point has just dawned on me".

I'm not an egotistical nor prideful man. So, no, you are incorrect. I really do find you to be dull and quite boring lol. Sorry, man. I've just grown tired of repeating myself like some Parrot.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2015, 04:22:47 AM »
Grand jury decides against indictments in Sandra Bland case

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/us/sandra-bland-no-indictments/

(CNN)—A grand jury has decided not to indict anyone in the case of Sandra Bland, whose death in police custody raised questions of excessive force and the role of race.

The grand jury met for more than eight hours Monday.

"After reviewing all the evidence in the death of Sandra Bland, a Waller grand jury did not return an indictment in the death of Bland, nor were any indictments returned against any employee of the Waller County Jail," said Darrell Jordan, a special prosecutor handling the case.

The grand jury will reconvene in January to consider other indictments.

Bland, an African-American woman, was found dead in her cell three days after she was arrested for allegedly failing to use her turn signal on July 10. She was 28.

Officials in Waller County, Texas, have said she hanged herself with a plastic bag. Her family and others have questioned that account.

a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »
Grand jury decides against indictments in Sandra Bland case

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/us/sandra-bland-no-indictments/

(CNN)—A grand jury has decided not to indict anyone in the case of Sandra Bland, whose death in police custody raised questions of excessive force and the role of race.

The grand jury met for more than eight hours Monday.

"After reviewing all the evidence in the death of Sandra Bland, a Waller grand jury did not return an indictment in the death of Bland, nor were any indictments returned against any employee of the Waller County Jail," said Darrell Jordan, a special prosecutor handling the case.

The grand jury will reconvene in January to consider other indictments.

Bland, an African-American woman, was found dead in her cell three days after she was arrested for allegedly failing to use her turn signal on July 10. She was 28.

Officials in Waller County, Texas, have said she hanged herself with a plastic bag. Her family and others have questioned that account.

about right..

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2015, 08:44:11 AM »
@ Meso,

The problems are bigger than simple racism. It's stupidity and ignorance. People are stupid enough to believe this can never happen to them and ignorant enough to believe our constitutional rights should be two-tiered.

No one will ever admit the police are out of control until this happens to enough white people.

As for people saying she wouldn't have gone to jail if putting out the cigarette or shutting the fuck up is either not a minority or has never dealt with an asshole cop.

Last week, I was in BedStuy and a guy told me about this. He was leaving a Bodega, drinking diet Pepsi that was bagged. Cop asked to see what was in the bag and he declined. After pushing the issue he complied but commented that the bag's contents were none of the cop's business. Cop saw the Diet Pepsi and arrested him for something along the lines of Obstruction explaining "Now you'll see what happens to wise guys". This was a guy with no criminal record who ended up spending a night in "The Tombs" calling friends and family to get bail. Now he figures showing cops anything they ask for is the only way to limit harassment.... that's bullshit and law abiding American Citizens shouldn't be intimidated into giving up their 4th amendment rights.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2015, 09:41:01 AM »
Im confused... why was she pulled over again?

Why was she taken to jail?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2015, 09:43:02 AM »
Im confused... why was she pulled over again?

Why was she taken to jail?

I have no clue and no idea where to look to find that info

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2015, 09:45:05 AM »
I have no clue and no idea where to look to find that info

cool....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:24 AM »
I'm confused.  Why did she kill herself and why do dindus think there is some sort of conspiracy afoot?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2015, 06:07:58 AM »
I'm confused.  Why did she kill herself and why do dindus think there is some sort of conspiracy afoot?

no clue... i was wondering what the stop and arrest was for

i heard it was a blinker... but then i said "shit naw, police have better things to do than pull over someone because of a failure to signal"...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »
Although I'm not happy with officer harassing her over a blinker and letting it escalate, I have to say that I really believe Sandra was mentally ill and troubled......when a police officer stops you, you should follow the officer's directions and do what he asks you to do.....The officer should have just given her the ticket and left...who needs this bullshit???????

Sandra Bland escalated the argument by yelling at the officer and questioning his right to stop her.......she refused to get out of the car....you just can't do that...I sympathize with her being dead but I definitely know that officers can turn into assholes and will arrest you just to ge4t back at you for giving them a hard time.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
@ Meso,

The problems are bigger than simple racism. It's stupidity and ignorance. People are stupid enough to believe this can never happen to them and ignorant enough to believe our constitutional rights should be two-tiered.

No one will ever admit the police are out of control until this happens to enough white people.

As for people saying she wouldn't have gone to jail if putting out the cigarette or shutting the fuck up is either not a minority or has never dealt with an asshole cop.

Last week, I was in BedStuy and a guy told me about this. He was leaving a Bodega, drinking diet Pepsi that was bagged. Cop asked to see what was in the bag and he declined. After pushing the issue he complied but commented that the bag's contents were none of the cop's business. Cop saw the Diet Pepsi and arrested him for something along the lines of Obstruction explaining "Now you'll see what happens to wise guys". This was a guy with no criminal record who ended up spending a night in "The Tombs" calling friends and family to get bail. Now he figures showing cops anything they ask for is the only way to limit harassment.... that's bullshit and law abiding American Citizens shouldn't be intimidated into giving up their 4th amendment rights.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2015, 08:34:05 AM »
Although I'm not happy with officer harassing her over a blinker and letting it escalate, I have to say that I really believe Sandra was mentally ill and troubled......when a police officer stops you, you should follow the officer's directions and do what he asks you to do.....The officer should have just given her the ticket and left...who needs this bullshit???????

Sandra Bland escalated the argument by yelling at the officer and questioning his right to stop her.......she refused to get out of the car....you just can't do that...I sympathize with her being dead but I definitely know that officers can turn into assholes and will arrest you just to ge4t back at you for giving them a hard time.

Do you think she committed suicide?

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2015, 08:34:42 AM »
@ Meso,

Has it ever occurred to you that AA's are paranoid and hyper sensitive? These are my observations and I used to be a Liberal who believed that Blacks could do no wrong...