Author Topic: Remuneration for certain deaths/events but not others  (Read 771 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Remuneration for certain deaths/events but not others
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
I never understood the American mentality how it values one death over an other.

Such as those families that lost someone on 9/11.  The amount of charity money that came in made some of those families into millionaires, but if they had lost their loved one in a traffic accident they get shit back.

Same with the Boston Marathon, those injured will get lots of charity money but if it happened another way, which occurs thousands of times a day in the USA, they get shit.

The old couple that was held hostage by Chris Doner will get 80% of the $1 million bounty. For what?  Being held hostage for a few hours?  But the three girls held hostage for 10 years just freed yesterday will get shit for it.

I never understood this shit.

SmallPole

• Getbig III
Re: Remuneration for certain deaths/events but not others
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:51:44 AM »
it's all about satisfying the public's conscience, not logic

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »
Government playoffs for flying the planes into the towers.  ::)

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:14:17 AM »
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »
But the three girls held hostage for 10 years just freed yesterday will get shit for it.

Trust me.  The American public has a strong fascination for tragedy.   These 3 girls will be compensated for their stories, book deals, etc.  Oprah and Dr Phil will be scrambling to get exclusive interviews with them.  They probably already have hired publicists and agents to represent them.  

Also, the families of the victims killed in Sandy Hook shootings last December were compensated financially as well through various funds that were setup.  I believe they just recently started disbursing millions of dollars to the families.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »
Trust me.  The American public has a strong fascination for tragedy.   These 3 girls will be compensated for their stories, book deals, etc.  Oprah and Dr Phil will be scrambling to get exclusive interviews with them.  They probably already have hired publicists and agents to represent them.  

Also, the families of the victims killed in Sandy Hook shootings last December were compensated financially as well through various funds that were setup.  I believe they just recently started disbursing millions of dollars to the families.

Yes, Sandy Hook had numerous charities as well.  I don't get the thought.  Your kid is killed so lets raise money and give you millions for it. is that supposed to help make you feel better?

I knew one person who's kid was killed by a faulty ride at some amusement park.  they sued for millions.  You know what they did with the money?  They gave it all away to some cause that makes sure there are standards set for rides and this doesn't happen again.  They said keeping the money would only bring them bad memories and bad luck.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
 Great thread.