Author Topic: Pre-work  (Read 919 times)

Ed

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Pre-work
« on: July 04, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »
I work out first thing in the am and currently taking Supercharge prior to workout.  Should I be taking something else with the supercharge?  Protein drink? I welcome any suggestions.  Thanks.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Pre-work
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »
The best answer to this would be - is it working for you? If it is then why change it. When I workout first thing in the morning (i.e. 5AM) I usually have a protein shake twenty minutes before I go.

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:17:06 PM »
The best answer to this would be - is it working for you? If it is then why change it. When I workout first thing in the morning (i.e. 5AM) I usually have a protein shake twenty minutes before I go.

Me too!..  :D

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »
i have no clue what supercharge is but it sounds like an energy pill like a fat bunned??  I would suggest eating a solid food meal an hour before. one of the keys is to have oatmeal before working out like 1/2 cups then  some creatine/protein/glutamine  post

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:42:20 AM »
i use a stimulant in the morning.

can't see the point in protein 20 mins prior tbh. i know people will say the branched chain/glutamine thing but i don't buy it.

the body is going to use energy (glycogen, etc) that has been stored from day before and before that. gastric emptying takes a few hour especially with protein foods, but if it gives a placebo/psychological benefit then go with it.

if you're seriously training hard, having anything in your gut is just going to make you sick.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »
i have no clue what supercharge is but it sounds like an energy pill like a fat bunned??  I would suggest eating a solid food meal an hour before. one of the keys is to have oatmeal before working out like 1/2 cups then  some creatine/protein/glutamine  post

I think it's by Labrada or Gaspari?  It's got some decent stimulants so that's good.  You should always have some calories before you do weight training, whether it be a light protein drink, banana, oatmeal, milk, pnut butter...whatever.  It's hard to have an intense session without the morning calories.  Remember, you just fasted for 8 hours in your sleep, you need food.