Author Topic: The Origin of Life on Earth According to the Theory of Evolution  (Read 83841 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: The Origin of Life on Earth According to the Theory of Evolution
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
Fossils are hard to find. And there aren't many people looking for them. Heck, America's Most Wanted depicts criminals each week to MILLIONS of people each week, and we haven't gotten these guys rounded up with all that help yet. I can guarantee you that we don't have millions of people searching for fossils in the world. So the fossils are there I'm sure, it's just going to take time to find them.

its impossible to estimate how many fossils are there also, therefore, the argument... you need all the fossils will always apply as is as illogical as i can imagine.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »
This makes a good point about the existence of God. You obviously agree that there are things that exist that cannot be seen with the naked eye or advanced devices?. Same with God, just because we can't see Him, doesn't mean He's nonexistent.

What's your take on this notion regarding evolution? What chance is there that the correct amino acids would come together to form a protein molecule? It could be likened to having a big, thoroughly mixed pile containing equal numbers of red beans and white beans. There are also over 100 different varieties of beans. Now, if you plunged a scoop into this pile, what do you think you would get? To get the beans that represent the basic components of a protein, you would have to scoop up only red one's -- no white ones at all! Also, your scoop must contain only 20 varieties of the red beans, and each one must be in a specific, preassigned place in the scoop. In the world of protein, a single mistake in any one of these requirements would cause the protein that is produced to fail to function properly. Would any amount of stirring and scooping in our hypothetical bean pile have given the right combination? If the answer is no, then how would it have been possible in the hypothetical organic soup evolution?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Well, the odds are astronomical! The proteins needed for life have very complex molecules. What is the chance of even a simple protein molecule forming at random in an organic soup? Evolutionists acknowledge it to be only one in 10113 (1 followed by 113 zeros). But any event that has one chance in just 1050 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening. An idea of the odds, or probability, involved is seen in the fact that the number 10113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the universe!

With even evolutionist acknowledging this point, how can they still cling to this theory?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2009, 04:03:32 PM »

Well, the odds are astronomical! The proteins needed for life have very complex molecules. What is the chance of even a simple protein molecule forming at random in an organic soup? Evolutionists acknowledge it to be only one in 10113 (1 followed by 113 zeros). But any event that has one chance in just 1050 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening. An idea of the odds, or probability, involved is seen in the fact that the number 10113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the universe!

With even evolutionist acknowledging this point, how can they still cling to this theory?

GC/DEA_AGENT

what theory?

evolution says nothing about origins, the whole title of this thread is incorrect, and you further the ignorance by making a claim.

abiogenesis is the study of origins a totally seperate theory.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »
what theory?

evolution says nothing about origins, the whole title of this thread is incorrect, and you further the ignorance by making a claim.

abiogenesis is the study of origins a totally seperate theory.

Hey friend, I didn't mean to agitate you in anyway, shape, or form. Just trying to defend my faith, with a touch of reasonableness.

So, please know that I'm not trying to compete with you, in hopes of having a fine conversation, with all due respect!.

I do apologize for not separating abiogenesis from macro evolution. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be necessary for the example that was given, to have happened first?. And I emphasize, just asking?  :)

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »
its impossible to estimate how many fossils are there also, therefore, the argument... you need all the fossils will always apply as is as illogical as i can imagine.

Your right! However, it seems like there would be at least one transitional fossil found connecting one kind to another.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »

Your right! However, it seems like there would be at least one transitional fossil found connecting one kind to another.

GC/DEA_AGENT

there is, would you like some examples?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2009, 09:09:44 AM »
Hey friend, I didn't mean to agitate you in anyway, shape, or form. Just trying to defend my faith, with a touch of reasonableness.

So, please know that I'm not trying to compete with you, in hopes of having a fine conversation, with all due respect!.

I do apologize for not separating abiogenesis from macro evolution. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be necessary for the example that was given, to have happened first?. And I emphasize, just asking?  :)

GC/DEA_AGENT

no problem,sorry if i come across as a dick, i am.

but yes, abiogenesis would have to come first.

what i find astounding is that everything we have ever discovered has a natural process, a demonstratable process. So if god created the universe everything we know about it has a natural process, it is self sufficient. Thus, god intended this.

if what some christians believe is a hiccup and that abiogenesis never occured, then why would god all of a sudden use a miracle in place of a natural process.

Based on probability and history it is reasonable to conclude that we will find a natural process for the origins of life. It makes no sense for god to use all these intricate natural phenomenon, then all of a sudden use a miracle to start it all. Also, he waited billions of years for some reason to create the earth, then billions more to create man. Seems implausible no?

what seperates people like you and people like me is that i will admit i do not have the answers. I could be wrong, in fact i would love for there to be a god. Honestly, an afterlife etc.. sounds great to me, knowing everything will be alright and someone is going to take care of me sounds grand. But i cant spend my life on delusion and want, especially if this is the only life i get. So if god wanted me to know about him he is doing a good job of hiding. Absolutely no evidence exists for his existence, and looking at creation i see beauty and awe, but i also see hatred, death, disease.

One i see in line with random chaos, the other is not compatible with a loving god.

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2009, 10:29:01 AM »

GC/DEA_AGENT

There are literally thousands of transitional fossils recovered, and that includes human transitional fossils. People will believe what they want to believe even with the evidence in front of them.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2009, 02:42:46 PM »
no problem.
:)

Then how could evolution have occurred? Perhaps there is a new theory on this?

what i find astounding is that everything we have ever discovered has a natural process, a demonstrable process. So if god created the universe everything we know about it has a natural process, it is self sufficient. Thus, god intended this.

I agree!

if what some Christians believe is a hiccup and that abiogenesis never occurred, then why would god all of a sudden use a miracle in place of a natural process.

Well the way the Christians that I know, view this in a rational fashion. It may "appear" to be a miracle to us, but for God, it's not a miracle at all. A miracle, amazing to the eye of the beholder, is something beyond his ability to perform or even to understand fully, eh? It is also a powerful work, requiring greater power or knowledge than he (beholder)has. But from the viewpoint of the one who is the source of such power, it is not a miracle. He understands it and has the ability to do it. Thus, many acts that God performs are amazing to humans beholding them but are merely the exercise of His power. If a person believes in a deity, particularly in the God of creation, he cannot consistently deny God's power to accomplish things awe-inspiring to the eyes of men.

How, then, can anyone say that God violated His own laws in performing powerful works that seemed amazing and miraculous to men? Surely the Creator of the physical universe has perfect control of that which he created and can maneuver these things within the framework of the laws he has made inherent in them. (Job 38) He can bring about the condition necessary for the performance of these works; he can speed up, slow down, modify, or neutralize reactions. Or angels, with greater power than man, can do so in carrying out God's will.

Certainly the scientist is not superseding or going beyond physical laws when he applies more heat or cold, or more oxygen, and so forth, to speed up or slow down a chemical process, right? Nevertheless, skeptics challenge the Bible miracles, including the "miracle" of creation. These challengers are asserting, in effect, that they are familiar with all conditions and processes that ever took place. They are insisting that the operations of the Creator must be limited by the narrow confines of their understanding of the laws governing physical things.

This weakness on the part of scientists is acknowledged by a Swedish professor of plasma physics, who pointed out: "No one questions the obedience of the earth's atmosphere to the laws of mechanics and atomic physics. All the same, it may be extremely difficult for us to determine how these laws operate with respect to any given situation involving atmospheric phenomena." (Worlds-Antiworlds, by H. Alfven, 1966, p. 5) The professor applied this thought to the origin of the universe. God established the physical laws governing the earth, sun, and moon, and within their framework men have been able to do marvelous things. Surely God could bring the laws to play so as to produce a result unexpected by humans; it would present no problem for him to split the Red Sea so that "the waters were a wall" on each side. (Ex 14:22) Though, to man, walking on water is an astounding feat, with what ease it could be accomplished in the power of "the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell." Further, God is described as creating, and having control of, all the things in the heavens, and it is said that "due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing." (Isa 40:21, 22, 25, 26).

Since the acknowledgment of the existence of law, such as the law of gravity, presupposes a lawmaker of surpassing, superhuman intelligence and power, why question his ability to do marvelous things? Why try to limit his operation to the infinitesimally narrow scope of man’s knowledge and experience? The patriarch Job describes the darkness and foolishness into which God lets these go who thus pit their wisdom against his. (Job 12:16-25; compare Ro 1:18-23).

Based on probability and history it is reasonable to conclude that we will find a natural process for the origins of life. It makes no sense for god to use all these intricate natural phenomenon, then all of a sudden use a miracle to start it all.

See above.

Also, he waited billions of years for some reason to create the earth, then billions more to create man. Seems implausible no?

Well, I'm not sure on the billions, trillions, millions etc. From what I understand, these dating methods are not accurate. However, the Bible does support the order of creation as u mentioned. Now I'm not saying that these methods are astronomically off, just that from my research, they can be quiet skewed.

As far as implausible to create in the mentioned order/time frame, no it doesn't have any bearing on the validity/creditability of Creation. You've got me on this one. Why would you think this to be implausible?

what seperates people like you and people like me is that i will admit i do not have the answers. I could be wrong, in fact i would love for there to be a god. Honestly, an afterlife etc.. sounds great to me, knowing everything will be alright and someone is going to take care of me sounds grand. But i cant spend my life on delusion and want, especially if this is the only life i get. So if god wanted me to know about him he is doing a good job of hiding. Absolutely no evidence exists for his existence, and looking at creation i see beauty and awe, but i also see hatred, death, disease.

If God was real to you, you had no doubts about his existence, what is your view regarding Him using humans to bring about His message? Don't you think He would use us to do so? The Bible is loaded with this evidence you are looking for. Remember I ask you if you had genuinely studied it throughly? Try this first, then make your final decision. If you continue to listen just to people, you will always be tossed about, like a rowboat in the ocean during a tempest.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »
There are literally thousands of transitional fossils recovered, and that includes human transitional fossils. People will believe what they want to believe even with the evidence in front of them.

I have to agree with the bolded. So, can you point me to the sources of these fossils? I would definitely be interested in taking a look see! Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »
:)

Then how could evolution have occurred? Perhaps there is a new theory on this?

I agree!

Well the way the Christians that I know, view this in a rational fashion. It may "appear" to be a miracle to us, but for God, it's not a miracle at all. A miracle, amazing to the eye of the beholder, is something beyond his ability to perform or even to understand fully, eh? It is also a powerful work, requiring greater power or knowledge than he (beholder)has. But from the viewpoint of the one who is the source of such power, it is not a miracle. He understands it and has the ability to do it. Thus, many acts that God performs are amazing to humans beholding them but are merely the exercise of His power. If a person believes in a deity, particularly in the God of creation, he cannot consistently deny God's power to accomplish things awe-inspiring to the eyes of men.

How, then, can anyone say that God violated His own laws in performing powerful works that seemed amazing and miraculous to men? Surely the Creator of the physical universe has perfect control of that which he created and can maneuver these things within the framework of the laws he has made inherent in them. (Job 38) He can bring about the condition necessary for the performance of these works; he can speed up, slow down, modify, or neutralize reactions. Or angels, with greater power than man, can do so in carrying out God's will.

Certainly the scientist is not superseding or going beyond physical laws when he applies more heat or cold, or more oxygen, and so forth, to speed up or slow down a chemical process, right? Nevertheless, skeptics challenge the Bible miracles, including the "miracle" of creation. These challengers are asserting, in effect, that they are familiar with all conditions and processes that ever took place. They are insisting that the operations of the Creator must be limited by the narrow confines of their understanding of the laws governing physical things.

This weakness on the part of scientists is acknowledged by a Swedish professor of plasma physics, who pointed out: "No one questions the obedience of the earth's atmosphere to the laws of mechanics and atomic physics. All the same, it may be extremely difficult for us to determine how these laws operate with respect to any given situation involving atmospheric phenomena." (Worlds-Antiworlds, by H. Alfven, 1966, p. 5) The professor applied this thought to the origin of the universe. God established the physical laws governing the earth, sun, and moon, and within their framework men have been able to do marvelous things. Surely God could bring the laws to play so as to produce a result unexpected by humans; it would present no problem for him to split the Red Sea so that "the waters were a wall" on each side. (Ex 14:22) Though, to man, walking on water is an astounding feat, with what ease it could be accomplished in the power of "the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell." Further, God is described as creating, and having control of, all the things in the heavens, and it is said that "due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing." (Isa 40:21, 22, 25, 26).

Since the acknowledgment of the existence of law, such as the law of gravity, presupposes a lawmaker of surpassing, superhuman intelligence and power, why question his ability to do marvelous things? Why try to limit his operation to the infinitesimally narrow scope of man’s knowledge and experience? The patriarch Job describes the darkness and foolishness into which God lets these go who thus pit their wisdom against his. (Job 12:16-25; compare Ro 1:18-23).

See above.

Well, I'm not sure on the billions, trillions, millions etc. From what I understand, these dating methods are not accurate. However, the Bible does support the order of creation as u mentioned. Now I'm not saying that these methods are astronomically off, just that from my research, they can be quiet skewed.

As far as implausible to create in the mentioned order/time frame, no it doesn't have any bearing on the validity/creditability of Creation. You've got me on this one. Why would you think this to be implausible?

If God was real to you, you had no doubts about his existence, what is your view regarding Him using humans to bring about His message? Don't you think He would use us to do so? The Bible is loaded with this evidence you are looking for. Remember I ask you if you had genuinely studied it throughly? Try this first, then make your final decision. If you continue to listen just to people, you will always be tossed about, like a rowboat in the ocean during a tempest.

GC/DEA_AGENT

no abiogenesis fits perfectly with evolution, i think you are confused abit.

ill read the rest later as im toasted.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2009, 04:59:59 AM »
no abiogenesis fits perfectly with evolution, i think you are confused abit.

ill read the rest later as im toasted

Well, abiogensis from what I'm understanding is not possible to have occurred, how could the "rest" of evolution occurred? Doesn't macro evolution need abiogensis to have happened first? (see your above quote) 

See below reference regarding impossibility for abiogensis to have occurred.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=213504.msg4178984#msg4178984

I'm I making sense now?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2009, 05:14:29 AM »
there is, would you like some examples?

Yes.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2009, 05:35:33 AM »

I have to agree with the bolded. So, can you point me to the sources of these fossils? I would definitely be interested in taking a look see! Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2009, 05:47:42 AM »

I may not have understood, but I just don't see the conncection. What I deemed lesson wise from that is the fact that the species do have similarities. However, I'm not seeing the transistion to another species, especially into humans with this example.

GC/DEA_AGNENT

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2009, 05:57:40 AM »

I may not have understood, but I just don't see the conncection. What I deemed lesson wise from that is the fact that the species do have similarities. However, I'm not seeing the transistion to another species, especially into humans with this example.

GC/DEA_AGNENT

What don't you see? We all know that whales are mammals yet they live in the water. Knowing that fact, you should at least have thought that they were land animals at one point in time. This is just a fossil of one transition. This is not the only transitional fossil for whales, there were many others that weren't quite right for the environment so they went extinct, never transforming into the modern whale. You are falling into the trap of the term "species." In between "species" is a whole lot of transition that spans millions or billions of years, so if you are set on looking for a human fossil with an ape tail, you will be disappointed. They might find it one day, but maybe not in your lifetime.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2009, 06:29:19 AM »
What don't you see? We all know that whales are mammals yet they live in the water. Knowing that fact, you should at least have thought that they were land animals at one point in time. This is just a fossil of one transition. This is not the only transitional fossil for whales, there were many others that weren't quite right for the environment so they went extinct, never transforming into the modern whale. You are falling into the trap of the term "species." In between "species" is a whole lot of transition that spans millions or billions of years, so if you are set on looking for a human fossil with an ape tail, you will be disappointed. They might find it one day, but maybe not in your lifetime.

I see your point. However, until we find the final transition fossil of one species/kind to another, and the fact that abiogensis couldn't of occurred, which means evolution (macro) couldn't have happened, then I have to stick with creation being the way life began.

Also, don't you find it odd that they can find all these older fossils, yet can't find the "last" step/transitional fossil to bridge the gap between one species to another? It seems like they would at least have found one. Wouldn't the "last" transitional fossils be more abundant, due to the fact they would be the youngest in the fossil record?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »
I see your point. However, until we find the final transition fossil of one species/kind to another, and the fact that abiogensis couldn't of occurred, which means evolution (macro) couldn't have happened, then I have to stick with creation being the way life began.

Also, don't you find it odd that they can find all these older fossils, yet can't find the "last" step/transitional fossil to bridge the gap between one species to another? It seems like they would at least have found one. Wouldn't the "last" transitional fossils be more abundant, due to the fact they would be the youngest in the fossil record?

GC/DEA_AGENT

You make it sound like it's that easy to recover fossils. Luck is the number one factor in finding good fossils. There are way too many scenarios to happen for someone to eventually find a fossil. Just think about it.
The critter has to die, it's body cannot be scavenged by other animals, it has to be buried somehow by dirt or mud, or ice, its bones cannot be scattered, it should be buried deep enough that erosion wouldn't get to it before someone finds it, and that someone has to be from our time because people from 1-2 million years ago could care less what it was they were looking at, etc... there are many more scenarios involved. I'm not about to go to that "safe" bet of "creation" considering there are plenty more feasible scenarios.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2009, 09:21:14 AM »
Well, abiogensis from what I'm understanding is not possible to have occurred, how could the "rest" of evolution occurred? Doesn't macro evolution need abiogensis to have happened first? (see your above quote) 

See below reference regarding impossibility for abiogensis to have occurred.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=213504.msg4178984#msg4178984

I'm I making sense now?

GC/DEA_AGENT

well the statistics there are wrong. It happened, we know this because we can see self replicating rna peptides, single cells forming eukryotic cells. The debate is not wether it happened, but how.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2009, 02:43:09 PM »

GC/DEA_AGENT

haha hilarious....until I see transitional fossils (proof) I will stick to creation being the way of life.What's the proof for creation?some old scrolls people found and decided to add some and leave some out then translated  and put them in book form and called it the holy bible...Really?
DAWG

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »

GC/DEA_AGENT

you know what the probability is of the the physical natural laws obtaining there values are? much more unrealistic, yet it happened. Abiogenesis happened.

we have all kinds of transitional fossils of humans.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2009, 03:27:15 PM »
well the statistics there are wrong. It happened, we know this because we can see self replicating rna peptides, single cells forming eukryotic cells. The debate is not wether it happened, but how.

Where did the energy come from to fuel the production of the RNA molecules. I know they had it in the lab, but where did it come from if this scenario happened to start life? Did these RNA peptides replicate themselves from scratch? There is also the issue of where RNA came from in the first place.

Also, since a protein needs information from DNA molecules, and DNA needs several forms of specialized RNA molecules, not to mention the various enzymes, each performing a distinct and vital role, it requires copies of all three components --- DNA, RNA, and protein. Take away any one of the three and life grinds to a halt. Or take this a step further. Without a complete and functioning team, life could not have come about.

It just seems like with the example you have given, it's still not conceivable/possible for life to have begin. Is it reasonable that each of those three molecular team players arose spontaneously at the same time, in the same place, and so precisely tuned that they could combine to work their wonders? Just asking? :)

Even in the simplest forms of life, the DNA chain is still extremely complex. For example, around 1971 biologists mapped out only about one third of the genes along the DNA spiral in the elementary intestinal bacterium known as Escherichia coli.

If man with his intelligence takes twenty years just to map the composition of a few genes, how would blind forces ever gather the needed material, put it together and make it operate in this complex way? If its DNA chain was only, say, three-quarters or nine-tenths complete, not even a one-celled animal could come to life. The creature would have had to appear whole, all together, at once, or not at all.

I don't know, maybe u can direct to me where there is new evidence showing that these 3 componets of life could have spontaneously formed at the same time.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »
you know what the probability is of the the physical natural laws obtaining there values are? much more unrealistic, yet it happened. Abiogenesis happened.

we have all kinds of transitional fossils of humans.

Where are these fossils? Laws usually require a lawmaker, eh? I hope you don't gamble. U are putting allot of "faith" in those odds.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »
.What's the proof for creation?some old scrolls people found and decided to add some and leave some out then translated  and put them in book form and called it the holy bible...Really?

Well, big L dawg, have you ever studied the Bible in depth? With a sincere open mind attitude? Until you do, wouldn't it be reasonable to try it?

GC/DEA_AGENT

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »

Well, big L dawg, have you ever studied the Bible in depth? With a sincere open mind attitude? Until you do, wouldn't it be reasonable to try it?

GC/DEA_AGENT

actually I have..but thats not the point.your saying you need proof regarding transitional fossils yet you don't need proof of creation.Right?...I mean no more proof than a book & some preachers to back it up..Am I correct in this?If not please elaborate.
DAWG