Author Topic: College football  (Read 27909 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: College football
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »
when Georgia beats USC there will still be some type of excuse from the Trojan nuthuggers just like all the OSU apologists after they got their asses handed to them in the last two national title games. ::)

UGA needs more years of being a powerhouse before you can put them on USCs level....

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »
we will see people yea Ohio state lost two national championships so when they win it this year they will be batting 500 for this decade 2 wins four appearances ain't a good accomplishment?
DAWG

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
we will see people yea Ohio state lost two national championships so when they win it this year they will be batting 500 for this decade 2 wins four appearances ain't a good accomplishment?
they'll get to the nat. title game because the powers that be love the Big 10 in the championship game but they'll be destroyed by either an SEC team or by USC........AGAIN. :D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 04:23:41 PM »
UGA needs more years of being a powerhouse before you can put them on USCs level....
and remember i'm not even mentioning Florida who could get there and destroy USC as well as LSU.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »
they'll get to the nat. title game because the powers that be love the Big 10 in the championship game but they'll be destroyed by either an SEC team or by USC........AGAIN. :D

time will tell my man.im gonna bump this thread come bowl time in january i will take it like a man if im wrong lets see if you do or you come up with excuses
DAWG

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »

Georgia has been a powerhouse for a good 5-6 years now. Just because you don't play for the National Championship game every other year doesn't mean you are not a powerhouse. And they ARE on USC's level...don't kid yourself Mal, the Pac-10 is a good conference, but not comparable to the SEC. Admit it, give USC  Florida, LSU, Auburn and Tennessee all in the same year with two of those games on the road and a few back to back, and you have to say they would lose at a minimum one of those games maybe two. USC has the gift of PR and a relatively soft schedule, which equals ESPN darlings and a higher rating than deserved(remember Stanford)? Have you ever been to the Swamp, Neyland Stadium or between the Hedges on a Saturday in the Fall? It's unreal man, these fans are rabid and make the most hardcoe NFL teams fans seem tame. Not trying to diss your team, but USC fans wear the blinders sometimes. We'll see this Fall, getting excited man. Screw the NFL, college ball is where its at! :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »
Texas Tech has been getting some good press as an up and coming team.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:26 AM »
TEXAS TECH is going to be alright with that wild ass offense...i dont know what their schedule looks like

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 10:51:38 AM »
If Texas Tech could build a defense that could get just three or four stops a game, then they would be a BCS contender every year.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
If Texas Tech could build a defense that could get just three or four stops a game, then they would be a BCS contender every year.
yeah but they cant ever get the size to compete with OU or UT...they have gimmick offense that works...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »
Graham Harrell is a stud but like BF said the don't have any defense.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Some teams that are listed as sleepers,won't contend for the championship but have a chance at good records.

Ball State,good QB in Nate Davies.

East Carolina,2 tough games,V-tech and W Virginia.

Utah,first game at Michigan,BYU at home.

Fresno State,2 tough games,Wisconsin,UCLA.

BYU,hasn't lost a game in their division in two years.

Central Michigan.QB Dan LeFavor rushed for over a 1,000 yards and passed for over 3,000 last year :o
but they play Georgia and Purdue this year.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »
its weird quakeroats replyed to my post about him takin it like man and not making excuses and now the post is gone.must have changed his mind.
DAWG

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:32 AM »
Hey bod,now that Ryan's gone whats BC gonna look like this year?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »
its weird quakeroats replyed to my post about him takin it like man and not making excuses and now the post is gone.must have changed his mind.
no, the reason i took it down is because i had you confused with someone else who's from my area, you two have similar usernames, anyway yes, if OSU wins the national championship i'll admit they're the best team.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2008, 02:41:03 AM »
WEST VIRGINIA BABY, ALL THE WAY!!!!!, pre season no. 8 in coaches poll, hopefully new coach doesnt fuck up. he has been there for 20 years though he should know what he is doing.
J

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »
Does everyone think Tebow takes the Heisman again? or who do you like?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2008, 07:56:57 AM »
WEST VIRGINIA BABY, ALL THE WAY!!!!!, pre season no. 8 in coaches poll, hopefully new coach doesnt fuck up. he has been there for 20 years though he should know what he is doing.
they should win the Big East but Pitt is also coming on strong and has some confidence after beating them last season, that linebacker that Pitt has McKillop is very good.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:21 AM »
Does everyone think Tebow takes the Heisman again? or who do you like?
i definitely see him winning it again, he won't run for as many TD's as he did last season but he should throw for at least 35 TD's, Wells at OSU and Chase Daniel at Missouri are also ones to watch.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
i definitely see him winning it again, he won't run for as many TD's as he did last season but he should throw for at least 35 TD's, Wells at OSU and Chase Daniel at Missouri are also ones to watch.

How do you think Tebow will do in the NFL? He is great in college, but Florida has had a few great quarterbacks the past 15 years or so who all fizzle in the big leagues? It's like that system only works in college and no where else.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »
How do you think Tebow will do in the NFL? He is great in college, but Florida has had a few great quarterbacks the past 15 years or so who all fizzle in the big leagues? It's like that system only works in college and no where else.
the thing i see helping him is that he's big, strong and fairly mobile, Chris Leak and guys like Danny Weurffel didn't really have his tools, only time will tell in the next few years what Grossman will do but he hasn't done much so far with the Bears.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »
CFN's top 10 defenses this year

10.Oregon
9.Michigan
8.South Carolina
7.Clemson
6.Boston College
5.Auburn
4.LSU
3.Georgia
2.Ohio State
1.USC

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2008, 09:19:51 AM »
CFN's top 10 defenses this year

10.Oregon
9.Michigan
8.South Carolina
7.Clemson
6.Boston College
5.Auburn
4.LSU
3.Georgia
2.Ohio State
1.USC

can't believe Oklahoma's defense isn't in there, every other list i've seen has them as one of the best, i'll tell you the team that's should surprise some people is Clemson, with Cullen Harper, James Davis, C.J. Spiller and that defense they're going to be very good.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2008, 09:43:16 AM »
can't believe Oklahoma's defense isn't in there, every other list i've seen has them as one of the best, i'll tell you the team that's should surprise some people is Clemson, with Cullen Harper, James Davis, C.J. Spiller and that defense they're going to be very good.

Yeah,wondered about that myself.
LSU is ranked high considering they lost Dorsey,SS-Greig Steltz,and LB-Ali Highsmith.
Don't forget they also lost their D-coordinator Pellini.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »

Yeah,wondered about that myself.
LSU is ranked high considering they lost Dorsey,SS-Greig Steltz,and LB-Ali Highsmith.
Don't forget they also lost their D-coordinator Pellini.
yeah although Oklahoma lost their best defensive player Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Curtis Lofton.