Author Topic: For those of you on a clean bulk how often do you have a cheat day?  (Read 3307 times)

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
If so how many times in that day? Do you cheat for one meal or throughout that particular cheat day?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: For those of you on a clean bulk how often do you have a cheat day?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »
everyday. no other way to eat.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
everyday. no other way to eat.

!!!! What do you have? What is your bodyfat % like?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

BradleyBryant

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
Do you follow this protocol Tbombz? 

I tried it but was always starving and my morning workouts sucked.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »
www.leangains.com

This is the type of thing where if you ask 10 different people you get 10 different answers. 

Here is my experience..

Every time I tried the whole “no carbs after 6 pm” thing I would run into a real problem.. I couldn’t sleep.  I tried Melatonin, Simply Sleep, Valerian, 5 HTP, ect..nothing worked.  When I finally did fall asleep I would wake up a couple hours later only to eat some carbs and fall right asleep. 

There are a lot of things I can be disciplined about in my life but not getting sleep is not one of them.  I work anywhere from 55-70 hours per week and train 5-6 days per week.  I have to get 7-8 hours per night. 

To fix the problem I started compromising.  I basically keep carbs at a moderate level through out the day then have a pretty good amount in my final meal within an hour before I go to sleep.  The limited carbs I consume thorough out the day keeps me focused with plenty of energy then the heavier dose I have at night puts me right to sleep!!

As for the way I look, I started leaning out immediately when I did this.  My muscles are fuller through out the day, I look tight first thing in the morning.  Right now I am experimenting with Alpha Lipoic Acid, taking 300 mg 3 times per day on an empty stomach 30-45 minutes before a meal, one of those meals being the last carb meal before sleep.  ALA may have no impact but like I said I’m experimenting. 

Its good to see other people have recognized this strategy and I’m not imagining stuff.  At first I felt guilty like I wasn’t displaying the willpower but as mentioned I couldn’t sacrifice the sleep and had no other answer.  The results were welcomed!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
meet your protein requirements and fill in the rest of the calories with whatever you want. meal frequency and meal size doesnt matter. cheat everyday so you never binge.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »
This is the type of thing where if you ask 10 different people you get 10 different answers. 

Here is my experience..

Every time I tried the whole “no carbs after 6 pm” thing I would run into a real problem.. I couldn’t sleep.  I tried Melatonin, Simply Sleep, Valerian, 5 HTP, ect..nothing worked.  When I finally did fall asleep I would wake up a couple hours later only to eat some carbs and fall right asleep. 

There are a lot of things I can be disciplined about in my life but not getting sleep is not one of them.  I work anywhere from 55-70 hours per week and train 5-6 days per week.  I have to get 7-8 hours per night. 

To fix the problem I started compromising.  I basically keep carbs at a moderate level through out the day then have a pretty good amount in my final meal within an hour before I go to sleep.  The limited carbs I consume thorough out the day keeps me focused with plenty of energy then the heavier dose I have at night puts me right to sleep!!

As for the way I look, I started leaning out immediately when I did this.  My muscles are fuller through out the day, I look tight first thing in the morning.  Right now I am experimenting with Alpha Lipoic Acid, taking 300 mg 3 times per day on an empty stomach 30-45 minutes before a meal, one of those meals being the last carb meal before sleep.  ALA may have no impact but like I said I’m experimenting. 

Its good to see other people have recognized this strategy and I’m not imagining stuff.  At first I felt guilty like I wasn’t displaying the willpower but as mentioned I couldn’t sacrifice the sleep and had no other answer.  The results were welcomed!!

If I eat a load of carbs I wouldn't be able to sleep. Everbodys different I guess!

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
If I eat a load of carbs I wouldn't be able to sleep. Everbodys different I guess!

Yes I would imagine not everyone would react the same way I do. 

One thing to be noted is that I dont stuff myself with food for that late night meal.  I eat till I feel content or just before. 

Another point that I belive makes this work for me is that I am active.  Like I said Im working out 5-6 days a week doing 7-8 workouts per week which means some days I'm doing 2 a days...that and I am fairly active in my job(s) working  sometimes up to 70 hours a week means I'm pretty much keep my self busy and moving around alot.  If I was less active in day to day activities and I was ony working out 3 times a week or whatever this might not work for me..who knows.  Always good to keep your mind open to different theories and such.