Author Topic: Will Smith and Jada boycott racist Oscars  (Read 54712 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Will Smith and Jada boycott racist Oscars
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »
Most the NBA is black so yeah, less whites will make MVP. Would agree with the rest of what you say though.

Which is itself racist. Shouldn't the demographic statistically reflect the population?

That's the argument they use.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »
Not trying to break balls but...Most of the USA is white, so how is that not exactly the same?  They want awards to be handed out based on race rather than merit.  Why just in Hollywood, why not the NBA too?  They want blacks to win for the sake of being black.  Why can't whites win in the NBA for the sake of their whiteness?  Seriously fuck these people.  They will never stop with this bullshit as long as it keeps working.  I'm boycotting Will Smith and Jada Pinkett starting now.  I've already been boycotting that POS Spike Lee.  The boycott would be more obvious if any of them made a decent movie in the last 10 years.  Fucking phaggotts.

I think I've been doing this too, just wasn't aware.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »
I think I've been doing this too, just wasn't aware.

What a coincidence.  So have I!

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2016, 02:19:48 PM »
Smith is just doing what he's told. He has to do what the black elite tells him to do. They have way too much dirt on Smith and his family. If he doesn't follow suit, they'll release the dirt much like they did to Cosby who decided to go against the blame whitey agenda...

I would have to agree.
©

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2016, 04:04:07 PM »
They have the BET awards...why don't other races complain about that. Such a double standard
irongearco.com

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2016, 04:13:18 PM »
i think the last movie i saw with jada (the ONLY thing i have ever seen her in) was collateral with cruise and foxx..

haven't seen a will smith movie since i think the last men in black sequel?.. so neither one means NOTHING to me...

as far as why the b.e.t. awards and b.e.t. itself is NOT racist against whites is the old ole tired reasoning that such a minority HAS to support their own and that it can't be racist against whites because minorities CAN'T BE? racist against whites because whites are the much larger majority and have ALL THE POWER.... really?... yes, like your average day joe has so much power and he knows it.. that he and all white men are so privilege because of their inherent color of their skin and don't have to work for anything they have ever got in life (sarcasm!)....

in regards to sports, it's more simple.. the best athletes are the ones who play.. it's NOT subjective unlike let's say figure skating, bodybuilding, or voting for a movie acting award.....

i read somewhere that someone wrote that even though the black population is only around 13% in the u.s. (and i suspect even lower in hollywood) that they make up 46% of the paying public (i.e. ticket sales) and just for that reason they deserve to have more representations every year at the academy awards? 13% of the population is paying quadruple their number in ticket sales? how is that even mathematically possible.. don't know who this person was online or where they got their information...

and lastly, i'm waiting for ANY black who is boycotting to actually utter the words "mexican/american, asian, native americans, etcetera... WHAT ABOUT THEM! when was the last time ANY of these other minorities were EVER nominated for anything, much less win?...you don't see them flipping out and bitching do you?....

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2016, 04:41:53 PM »
i think the last movie i saw with jada (the ONLY thing i have ever seen her in) was collateral with cruise and foxx..

haven't seen a will smith movie since i think the last men in black sequel?.. so neither one means NOTHING to me...

as far as why the b.e.t. awards and b.e.t. itself is NOT racist against whites is the old ole tired reasoning that such a minority HAS to support their own and that it can't be racist against whites because minorities CAN'T BE? racist against whites because whites are the much larger majority and have ALL THE POWER.... really?... yes, like your average day joe has so much power and he knows it.. that he and all white men are so privilege because of their inherent color of their skin and don't have to work for anything they have ever got in life (sarcasm!)....

in regards to sports, it's more simple.. the best athletes are the ones who play.. it's NOT subjective unlike let's say figure skating, bodybuilding, or voting for a movie acting award.....

i read somewhere that someone wrote that even though the black population is only around 13% in the u.s. (and i suspect even lower in hollywood) that they make up 46% of the paying public (i.e. ticket sales) and just for that reason they deserve to have more representations every year at the academy awards? 13% of the population is paying quadruple their number in ticket sales? how is that even mathematically possible.. don't know who this person was online or where they got their information...

and lastly, i'm waiting for ANY black who is boycotting to actually utter the words "mexican/american, asian, native americans, etcetera... WHAT ABOUT THEM! when was the last time ANY of these other minorities were EVER nominated for anything, much less win?...you don't see them flipping out and bitching do you?....

Can you site this information, because it seems highly unlikely. I could understand if you meant they purchased 46% of bootleg dad's.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »

Damn good film, all three were great in it, especially Foxx (whom I normally dislike).

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2016, 06:53:39 AM »
Let's briefly review the amazing performances of black actors in Hollywood in 2015.

First and most importantly, Denzel Washington took the year off. So that explains that.

Morgan Freeman did the voiceover in Ted 2, and starred in the straight to video action films Last Knights and Momentum. Fail.

Will Smith as an African doctor falsely credited (in the movie) with discovering CTS in football players. Will butchered the accent and had the most obvious Oscar-bait soliloquy in film history. Fail.

Michael Jordan played the role of a boxer who doesn't really have to overcome any handicaps or speech impediments in his quest for the title. While blacks are griping that Stallone got a nomination and Jordan didn't, Stallone is receiving a sympathy nomination for his 40 years of playing the same retard that he created for himself. Besides, most Academy members saw the name Michael Jordan and wondered when they made a Space Jam sequel.

Forrest Whitaker kept an eye out for Oscar roles but couldn't find anything this year.

Jamie Foxx was too busy staging rescues to take on a starring role after deciding he didn't want to spend two hours being called a Ni66er in another Tarantino movie.

Samuel Jackson sat in a cabin and got called a Ni66er for two hours while spending the final thirty minutes calling Jennifer Jason Leigh a Bitch. He also overacted as Nick Fury in Avengers. Fail.

Don Cheadle appeared in Avengers, failing to free any Rwandans or otherwise cause an impact. Fail.

Anthony Mackie appeared in Avengers as Falcon and also got beat up by the wimpiest superhero ever Ant-Man for which Paul Rudd was also overlooked as an Oscar nominee.

Finally, all seventeen of the Wayans Bros missed out on their usual Oscar nods by failing to make a horribly unfunny satire the entire Year.

Excellent! :)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2016, 07:11:25 AM »
Charlotte Rampling says call for Oscars diversity is 'racist against whites'
by Amanda Michelle Steiner
January 22 2016

First-time Oscar nominee Charlotte Rampling says that the conversation surrounding the lack of diversity at this year’s Academy Awards is “racist against whites.”

Speaking to French radio station Europe 1 on Friday morning, Rampling, 69, added, “We can never know whether it’s truly the case, but maybe the black actors didn’t deserve to make it to the final list.”

Asked whether the Academy should introduce quotas, the 45 Years actress responded, “Why classify people? We live in a time now where everyone is more or less accepted.” Rampling added there is always someone who will tell you you’re “too” something (“Him, he’s too black,” “Him, he’s too white”), so why should the Academy introduce measures that would classify people just for the sake of having “lots of minorities everywhere?”

When her interviewer explained that those in the black community feel like a minority within the film industry, Rampling ended the conversation, offering a “no comment.”
[snip]

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/22/oscars-charlotte-rampling-reverse-racism

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2016, 07:13:39 AM »
So is the next James Bond going to be black?  ???
a

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2016, 07:31:31 AM »

It would be a hate crime not to make Bond non-white

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2016, 01:46:03 PM »
Won't attend Oscars over the "issue" with too many white nominees... Or so I've heard

Is he joking or is he, despite all his success, just as self-victimizing as some poor minority sob?

Making race an issue will backfire.  If pressure is employed to nominate black actors, it will invalidate any Oscar wins that result, making them about race rather than their actual performance.  Quincy Jones' bottom boy can stay home and nobody will miss him. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
With a black host and with Spike Lee getting a lifetime achievement what the fuck are they complaining about? Tell the Troot, Tell the troot.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2016, 02:35:33 PM »

Yes. I just heard the next Bond is going to be black. Hollywood released early pictures of the new James Bond car in the next film. Sneak preview below..

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »
why MUST 13% of the population be at least 50% of my TV & movies?

How exactly is this racist?

Only 13% of the Oscars in TOTAL should ever be black...

the damn BET Awards are too racist... not enough Asians winning..

WTF?? ???

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2016, 08:46:24 PM »
The Academy is racist. I still can't believe John Cho was overlooked for his amazing delivery of the phrase MILF in American Pie. At least give him a nomination for supporting actor.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2016, 08:53:16 PM »
The Academy is racist. I still can't believe John Cho was overlooked for his amazing delivery of the phrase MILF in American Pie. At least give him a nomination for supporting actor.

I get it. Fat, hateful. E-kul.  

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
Smith is just doing what he's told. He has to do what the black elite tells him to do. They have way too much dirt on Smith and his family. If he doesn't follow suit, they'll release the dirt much like they did to Cosby who decided to go against the blame whitey agenda...
Would not be surprised about this. His career has been declining but now he has tainted his image with many whites. Nobody likes a sore loser and complainer. First graders normally complain when they don't get a star. But adults? This is very childish and pathetic of them.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2016, 10:05:32 PM »
Would not be surprised about this. His career has been declining but now he has tainted his image with many whites. Nobody likes a sore loser and complainer. First graders normally complain when they don't get a star. But adults? This is very childish and pathetic of them.

If Jada Pinkett wants an Oscar all she has to do is get naked on film, get down on all fours, and let Billy Bob Thornton plow her on film like Halle Berry did.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »

I believe it's Hugh Jackman.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »

Someone named Iris Elba or something like that

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »

He would work

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 11:14:01 AM »
Problem solved.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 01:36:42 PM »
Blacks have already ruined a lot of white characters. The recent black Annie, the black karate kid and the black flash.  Can they just let it rest. Create their own characters?