Author Topic: THE FUNNIEST BULLSHIT POUNDAGE CLAIM I'VE READ IN A LONG TIME!!!  (Read 10371 times)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: THE FUNNIEST BULLSHIT POUNDAGE CLAIM I'VE READ IN A LONG TIME!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2007, 07:14:36 AM »
So? you posted a gallery from 2003?  Boooom?

If I was boasting a 315 press 4 years ago, why would it change now 4 years later?

stop it ::)

BDG

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2007, 07:15:25 AM »
stop it ::)

You are right.  Back to work....
OSC

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2007, 09:01:51 AM »
I didn't say it was nothing special.  Do you even bother to take the time and read?
I said with good genetics, and wide shoulders, an advanced lifter north of 200 lbs, in time, should be able to post up a solid ## on the shoulder press.

The smith makes it easier by not having to balance the weight.  I only know maybe 2-3 other naturals that can military press 315 like I can.  I know TONS of non natural competitors who do it easily.  

I know a lot of 180 pounders who out deadlift me constantly.... I am simply not good at that motion.
Everyone has a lift / motion that they are good at.  I was allways good on any shoulder motion.

You are a fool. Plain and simple.

EXACTLY!!!!

The reason I made the claim of the 315lb press behind neck was because someone started a thread a while back about "what is your best lift?". (It might even have been me)

I responded that my best lift was the press behind neck on a smith machine and that I had done 315 for reps. No word of a lie. I've also done 495lbs on squats on smith machine to parallel and can also leg press 15 plates a side on a Cybex legress. Those were my three best lifts. All of those lifts were done when I was injecting test and deca four times a week and I weighed 248lbs.

I'm pretty shite at everything else - I struggle with deadlifts - I can barely get 400lb off the ground and I'm also weak on general back and bicep work too.

The guy you see in the photograph lifting the Rolling Thunder at the Olympia Expo is me but it was long after I came off gear and had lost weight - I think I was down to 220lbs in that pic if memory serves correct.

For the record, I'm currently training back up to my heaviest weights at the moment and as soon as I do so I promise I will post either pics or videos - now that my pic is out there, I've got nothing to hide and I love proving people wrong so stay tuned.  :-*

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2007, 09:08:09 AM »
EXACTLY!!!!

The reason I made the claim of the 315lb press behind neck was because someone started a thread a while back about "what is your best lift?". (It might even have been me)

I responded that my best lift was the press behind neck on a smith machine and that I had done 315 for reps. No word of a lie. I've also done 495lbs on squats on smith machine to parallel and can also leg press 15 plates a side on a Cybex legress. Those were my three best lifts. All of those lifts were done when I was injecting test and deca four times a week and I weighed 248lbs.

I'm pretty shite at everything else - I struggle with deadlifts - I can barely get 400lb off the ground and I'm also weak on general back and bicep work too.

The guy you see in the photograph lifting the Rolling Thunder at the Olympia Expo is me but it was long after I came off gear and had lost weight - I think I was down to 220lbs in that pic if memory serves correct.

For the record, I'm currently training back up to my heaviest weights at the moment and as soon as I do so I promise I will post either pics or videos - now that my pic is out there, I've got nothing to hide and I love proving people wrong so stay tuned.  :-*
bullshit.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2007, 09:12:16 AM »
EXACTLY!!!!

So you only have a pic at your "current 220" and none at your jacked 248?? 

Also, I find it hard to believe that you would deadlift only 30% more than what you do for shoulder press.  Even if you're genetically stronger in pressing movements the difference should be more, as most normaly people deadlift well over twice what they can shoulder press. 

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2007, 09:12:45 AM »
You know it's funny cause originally J was claiming a 315 behind the neck with free weight, but he's claiming it was on the smith machine.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
You know it's funny cause originally J was claiming a 315 behind the neck with free weight, but he's claiming it was on the smith machine.

I have never ONCE said "free weight". I might have said "press behind neck" and not tacked on the "smith machine" bit but I know for a fact I have never said it was free weight.

I know I can't do 315 free weight so I wouldn't even try to claim it - I don't lie on the internet - I treat it like I am sitting in a room face to face with someone. Every lift I have claime on this site is 100% genuine and has been done at least once in my life.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »
I have never ONCE said "free weight". I might have said "press behind neck" and not tacked on the "smith machine" bit but I know for a fact I have never said it was free weight.

I know I can't do 315 free weight so I wouldn't even try to claim it - I don't lie on the internet - I treat it like I am sitting in a room face to face with someone. Every lift I have claime on this site is 100% genuine and has been done at least once in my life.

POST A PICTURE OF WHEN YOU WEIGHED 248 LBS!  AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU CAN ONLY DEADLIFT 30% MORE THAN SHOULDER PRESS.  OR THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!!

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »
Well it's been a year little J so where's the pics ;D

I was eating about 400 grams a day whan I was weighing 245lbs at my heaviest. My carb intake is relatively low all year round - probably only about 550-600grams.
The most protein I had in a day was over 500 grams but I can't remember the exact amount.
I'm taking a break from training at the moment and just eating crap - I weighed 205 this morning but I'm going back to the gym at the beginning of October. Gonna get swole!  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
If one of you guys could do one single rep of 315 with a barbell in the press behind the neck can you please film it.  Just bring the bar all the way down to your shoulders like you were going to squat it and press it out.  I would love to see it posted here.  What I bet I see is a half to maybe a three quarter rep.  Bodybuilding poundages are becoming so delusional it speaks volumes of insecure egos.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2007, 11:37:55 PM »
hahahahaha, oh brother, "315 for reps press behind the neck on the Smith machine" ;D

I didn't read through this whole thread, but what's the problem? Why don't you think this guy can do 315lbs BTN press on the Smith Machine? Just curious ???

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2007, 04:29:06 AM »
You guys  are going to hate and have a field day with this but.....

Last time we were both getting ready for a show, i spotted my boy Mo Elbasouni with FOUR plates PER SIDE behind the neck press for 4 reps.  I dont know what you guys consider full reps, but he touched the top of his neck, right below the back of his head on every rep.  Before he got hurt his strength was NO JOKE

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2007, 04:44:37 AM »
I didn't read through this whole thread, but what's the problem? Why don't you think this guy can do 315lbs BTN press on the Smith Machine? Just curious ???
I agree with you. 3 plates behind the neck on a smith is very common in my gym amoung the bigger guys.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2007, 08:30:27 AM »
You guys  are going to hate and have a field day with this but.....

Last time we were both getting ready for a show, i spotted my boy Mo Elbasouni with FOUR plates PER SIDE behind the neck press for 4 reps.  I dont know what you guys consider full reps, but he touched the top of his neck, right below the back of his head on every rep.  Before he got hurt his strength was NO JOKE
bullshit.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2007, 08:31:19 AM »
I agree with you. 3 plates behind the neck on a smith is very common in my gym amoung the bigger guys.
bullshit.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2007, 08:37:45 AM »
If one of you guys could do one single rep of 315 with a barbell in the press behind the neck can you please film it.  Just bring the bar all the way down to your shoulders like you were going to squat it and press it out.  I would love to see it posted here.  What I bet I see is a half to maybe a three quarter rep.  Bodybuilding poundages are becoming so delusional it speaks volumes of insecure egos.

don't think i've ever seen anyone do it that way, from resting on shoulders.

sounds like a quick way to destroy your shoulder stabilzers though.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2007, 08:38:54 AM »
don't think i've ever seen anyone do it that way, from resting on shoulders.

sounds like a quick way to destroy your shoulder stabilzers though.
no, it sounds to me like you're making excuses for half reps.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2007, 08:39:42 AM »
no, it sounds to me like you're making excuses for half reps.

you do 315 from that position Squad?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2007, 08:40:37 AM »
you do 315 from that position Squad?
HELLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZ NO, i couldn't even take 315 off the rack for the press behind the neck and neither could you or any other poster on here.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
HELLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZ NO, i couldn't even take 315 off the rack for the press behind the neck and neither could you or any other poster on here.

+ 1

haven't done that movement for donkey's years but, when i did, i must have been doing half reps. ;D

don't do any movements that hurt/potentially fuck up the rom in my shoulder joints so bnp is long gone.

from a bbing perspective it don't make sense either. figured years ago that is yates didn't do em no reason i should.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51:05 AM »

mike wolfe might be able to do them though ;D but i doubt he does.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
i consider myself pretty built.  When i used to do them behind the neck, I was able to do a few good reps with 225.  But come on,405?  Just don't buy it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2007, 08:57:23 AM »
I wonder what Mat Duvall has to say about this? 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »
I wonder what Mat Duvall has to say about this? 

a while back he had a fair bit to say about shoulder pressing but he don't say much about it now, on this forum. ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2007, 09:01:51 AM »
a while back he had a fair bit to say about shoulder pressing but he don't say much about it now, on this forum. ;D

315 was probably a warm up  :o