Author Topic: If you lost an eye....  (Read 1992 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
If you lost an eye....
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »
Would you opt for an eye patch or a glass eye?

Eye patch.
R

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: If you lost an eye....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Terminator-type artificial eye.  hopefully, they figure out the optic nerve before I lose my eye.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
I'd go for the fake eye. Then, when Halloween comes, I'd do like a kid in my high school did- he'd insert a smiley face for his fake eye and walk around like that. Everyone freaked out at that when they first saw it. I did a double take, but didn't realize what he'd done till the next year when he told me.
I'd probably get a whole bunch of different glass eyes. Maybe a Santa one for Christmas, a Leprechan for St. Patty's day, etc..... :P

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:25:32 AM »
  I  wore an eye patch for 6 months. No way would I choose to wear one all the time.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »
i'd go to pakistan..and find me a replacement eye..

plenty of homeless that'd sell ya an eye at dirt cheap prices.. ;)

maybe i'd go to north paki and find me a green eye..one black and one green eye would be teh awesome!
carpe` vaginum!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »
eye patch!

Arrrrrr matey! ;D

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »
fake eye

don't want to spoil my good looks

LOL

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 12:25:08 AM »
My uncle has a fake eye, usually wears that but supposedly you cannot wear it all the time as it starts to rub.  On hot or dusty days its also a no-no as it gets uncomfortable.
It hasn't helped...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 01:02:02 AM »
patch man..
fucking patch...

Ot maybe a fake eye if I had a whole collection of them, like that guy from Arnold's shitty ass movie, "The Last Action Hero".

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 01:17:48 AM »
  I almost lost an eye on 1995 when I was 20 years old. I had a piece of tool steel chip off a die at work and go straight through my pupil.It was almost  painless....sorta felt like getting poked in the eye.All this fluid poored down my cheek and it went instantly white.Everyone thinks you would see black..but it was white.I looked in the mirror and my pupil was torn.It looked like a drip of black paint running from the bottom,if that makes sense.It went through the cornea and through the lense and was at the very back of the eye.They had to do a cat scan to find out if it was in the eye or if it had went through it.It destroyed the lense and it had to be removed completely.They replaced it with an artifitial lense about 6 months later.I had to wear a black patch over it during that time because it was very sensitive to light,because the pupil was very large due to the tear created.They closed that up later,but because of that it will not dilate completely..at night it is much smaller than the other one,making it a little hard to see in the dark. I didn't lose it,but 4 surgeries later my vision is 20/80..mostly due to scar tissue on the cornea.I laugh at how many people in my line of work take chances with their eyes...you don't realize how much of a blessing they are until something bad happens. I won't even work in the garage at home without safety glasses..and I sure won't ever take them off at work again.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:56 AM »
  I almost lost an eye on 1995 when I was 20 years old. I had a piece of tool steel chip off a die at work and go straight through my pupil.It was almost  painless....sorta felt like getting poked in the eye.All this fluid poored down my cheek and it went instantly white.Everyone thinks you would see black..but it was white.I looked in the mirror and my pupil was torn.It looked like a drip of black paint running from the bottom,if that makes sense.It went through the cornea and through the lense and was at the very back of the eye.They had to do a cat scan to find out if it was in the eye or if it had went through it.It destroyed the lense and it had to be removed completely.They replaced it with an artifitial lense about 6 months later.I had to wear a black patch over it during that time because it was very sensitive to light,because the pupil was very large due to the tear created.They closed that up later,but because of that it will not dilate completely..at night it is much smaller than the other one,making it a little hard to see in the dark. I didn't lose it,but 4 surgeries later my vision is 20/80..mostly due to scar tissue on the cornea.I laugh at how many people in my line of work take chances with their eyes...you don't realize how much of a blessing they are until something bad happens. I won't even work in the garage at home without safety glasses..and I sure won't ever take them off at work again.

Thats a fucked up story man...i'm sorry..i bet you are glad that you could keep the eye even if your sight is 20/80..!
?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 03:20:52 AM »
Thats a fucked up story man...i'm sorry..i bet you are glad that you could keep the eye even if your sight is 20/80..!

Yeah...the scar tissue is the biggest thing obstructing my sight.That along with the artificial lens because it can not change shape to focus the way the natural one would.They have to set it up for either close up or far away. They set it to see a bit far away as that is the most usefull in everyday life.(this is the same thing they do for older people with cataracts)They told me a few years ago that in the very near future they could probably reshape the cornea to improve it quite a bit,but at that time the technology wasn't quite there...but yeah blurry is much better than blind. :) I was lucky.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 05:30:38 AM »
I hope they fix it for you in the future bro!!!
?

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 05:52:54 AM »
glass eye

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »

My eyes are watering after reading that.  :o
S

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 08:50:50 AM »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha..eyeless ;D
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:48 AM »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha..eyeless ;D

LOL

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 10:23:07 AM »
If I lost an eye Stella, You would still have a big blury mark where your face should be  :P
X

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 12:36:25 PM »
If I lost an eye I'd just walk around with the hole on display 24/7. It would make you look hard.

Scare the shit out people. No-one would fucking mess with me.

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »
id leave it a gaping hole and everyday id put something different in it

one day a pickle

one day a hard boiled egg

etc..

etc..
X Board. Integrity is what we do

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »
I was born with a congenital cataract, so have always been blind in one eye.

No problem I see fine.
xL

sideways
etc.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »
apparantly it's far worse if you lose an eye. 

I'm fine, I've been one-eyed since birth.

xL

(do you wanna hear the story about how I nearly lost a leg?)   ...only kidding, I'm sure you haven't the time...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 04:13:58 PM »
Terminator-type artificial eye.  hopefully, they figure out the optic nerve before I lose my eye.

I always thought that, but they can't. 
Your eyes learn in your first 5 years of life, after that, no go.  (It's to do with the brain).
xL

So unless they give me a new head, which I don't want, I'm fine, I've only ever had one eye and it's fabulous.  I couldn't learn to see 3D.  (which is, in case you didn't know, the reason you lot have two eyes)  I doubt I'm missing much.  I see technicolours and I see near and far.

Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »
Would you opt for an eye patch or a glass eye?

Eye patch.

Luckily, although I'm blind in one eye, noone can tell unless I tell them.
So I don't need to choose between your eye patch or glass eye.

shambolic eyeist derogatory thread
go get a life
and laugh at someoneelse
xLinda

eyepatchglasseye?
fuck off

i see fine 0/20

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 04:25:58 PM »
I can even get a drivers license, no sweat.

What you want to worry about is if you lose both eyes.

xLinda