Author Topic: What's your Muscle Shocking Workout!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2700 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
What's your Muscle Shocking Workout!!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
It's inspiring to hear some of Adonis and Daddywaddy's workouts to give the muscles a new inpulse.
What worked for you to accelerate some new growth on a bodypart?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: What's your Muscle Shocking Workout!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:25:45 AM »
My former earth body use to do Bent Over Rows, 315 lbs for reps.
L

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »
Your pictures do not indicate that you are able to do such an exercise. ::)
They call me Jaejonna!!!

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:30:19 AM »
Do squats, use a weight which you can handle for 10 reps, but make 20. That simple ;) (Powerrack highly recommended)

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:33:45 AM »
Do squats, use a weight which you can handle for 10 reps, but make 20. That simple ;) (Powerrack highly recommended)
I do not think that you need a powerrack for 135lbs though.
They call me Jaejonna!!!

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »

20 Rep Breathing Squats...not for the faint of heart.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »
It's inspiring to hear some of Adonis and Daddywaddy's workouts to give the muscles a new inpulse.
What worked for you to accelerate some new growth on a bodypart?

1) Full pyramid: Do the usual 3-4 progressively heavier pyramid sets, followed by a couple of sets with the top weight. Then pyramid back down over 3-4 sets, doing as many reps as you can on each set. You will have done 8-10 sets total for one exercise, which means that you probably won't need to do a whole lot more (if anything else at all, depending upon the size of the given bodypart) for that bodypart that day. This works well for basic exercises like squats, benches, rows, military presses, closegrips, barbell curls, standing calf raises, and SL Deads.

2) Using the same basic exercises as above, do your normal workout for whatever bodypart(s), starting with several sets of one of the above basic exercises for each bodypart. After doing your normal complete full workout for each particular individual bodypart, go back to the first basic exercise you performed and do 1-2 lighter weight, high rep "endurance" type sets.

As an example, with quads I usually start with 5-6 sets of squats - several pyramid sets with at least one very heavy set, followed by a moderate backoff set with roughly 70% of the heaviest weight for higher reps. I then typically do 3 sets of leg presses, followed by 3 sets of hacks. Instead of finishing off with the typical 2-3 sets of leg extensions for 12-15 reps, I'll occasionally (about once a month) go back to squats. If my heaviest earlier set of squats was 455 (which I would have followed with a lighter backoff set of 315), I'll go down to 275 and do as many clean, deep reps as I can. If I'm really feeling masochistic, I'll drop down to 225 and do a second high rep set to finish. Very intense.
Greed is good!

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »
I've always wanted to do Mentzer's HIT routine. I think I can handle it!!

20 rep squats!! I HAVE to do them!!!
~

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:19:10 AM »
1) Full pyramid: Do the usual 3-4 progressively heavier pyramid sets, followed by a couple of sets with the top weight. Then pyramid back down over 3-4 sets, doing as many reps as you can on each set. You will have done 8-10 sets total for one exercise, which means that you probably won't need to do a whole lot more (if anything else at all, depending upon the size of the given bodypart) for that bodypart that day. This works well for basic exercises like squats, benches, rows, military presses, closegrips, barbell curls, standing calf raises, and SL Deads.

2) Using the same basic exercises as above, do your normal workout for whatever bodypart(s), starting with several sets of one of the above basic exercises for each bodypart. After doing your normal complete full workout for each particular individual bodypart, go back to the first basic exercise you performed and do 1-2 lighter weight, high rep "endurance" type sets.

As an example, with quads I usually start with 5-6 sets of squats - several pyramid sets with at least one very heavy set, followed by a moderate backoff set with roughly 70% of the heaviest weight for higher reps. I then typically do 3 sets of leg presses, followed by 3 sets of hacks. Instead of finishing off with the typical 2-3 sets of leg extensions for 12-15 reps, I'll occasionally (about once a month) go back to squats. If my heaviest earlier set of squats was 455 (which I would have followed with a lighter backoff set of 315), I'll go down to 275 and do as many clean, deep reps as I can. If I'm really feeling masochistic, I'll drop down to 225 and do a second high rep set to finish. Very intense.

Thanks.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:02:04 AM »
Iv tried the 20 rep squat workouts, mangaed like 2 sets bench rows dips after and i was pretty done.u kinda go into a zone without even meaning to and the reps kinda keep going, it wasnt the legs that wer so much the problem its the fact that the heavy weight get v uncomftorble on top ur shoulders, and u start feeling it in lower back alot even with v good form.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:06 AM »
I DC so the burn set (20 reps) after the straight heavy squats sucks but normally every third leg workout I do 4 working sets pre exhaust with between 85-95 lbs dumbells (squats) and then hit the barbell sqauts between 225-315 .......15/12/10/whatever...it sucks.
L

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »
bent at an 85 degree angle, and barely shruging the weight 2 inches....

stealth_swimmer

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »
To shock the muscles I usually will add an exercise or two for three sets each or I will superset antagonistic bodyparts for a week or two. Example:
Chest/Back
Incline Dumbell Press/T-Bar Rows
Flat Flyes/Dumbell Rows
Flat Dumbell Press/Lat Pulldowns
Cable Crossovers/Seated V-Bar Cable Rows
I do each exercise for three sets and I rest once three sets of each superset is finished, meaning after incline/t-bars I rest, then the next time I rest would be after three supersets of flyes/dumbell rows.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 06:40:23 PM »
I hook myself up to some jumper cables and a car battery

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 08:00:48 PM »
just do different stuff everytime...or my favorite, supersetting.